helmet cam from florida track and trails

ge217
Few laps from the end of the yesterday's moto's from Florida track and trails.
Enjoy.

|
JM485
7/4/2016 1:02pm
Straight tearing it up, nice video!
ge217
7/4/2016 2:55pm
NotCore wrote:
Looks like fun!
Really nice place to ride. Not sure if you want to make the trip down from Ga. but if you're ever down that way defiantly check it out.
ge217
7/4/2016 2:56pm
JM485 wrote:
Thanks. Just trying to get some moto's in before Loretta's.

The Shop

IceMan446
7/4/2016 3:18pm
Sick track and good riding bro!

Couple big jumps but some safe options from what it looks like.

Charper732
7/4/2016 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2016 4:20pm
NotCore wrote:
Looks like fun!
ge217 wrote:
Really nice place to ride. Not sure if you want to make the trip down from Ga. but if you're ever down that way defiantly check...
Really nice place to ride. Not sure if you want to make the trip down from Ga. but if you're ever down that way defiantly check it out.
We did a motocation to Florida from Georgia. We had to schedule 2 weeks ahead of time because of our jobs and called FTT multiple times to try and figure out when the Pro track would be open...the only answer we got was, "if the weather is good it'll be open." The people working there are the opposite of professionals. We went there but only the AM track was open and the weather was perfect..and had been the entire week. Plus, those people try and nickle and dime you for everything. I have never in my life paid for parking at a MX track.

We hit 6 tracks while in Florida and FTT was the second to worst IMO. Bithlo was the best, their prep was on par with monster mountain in AL
ge217
7/4/2016 4:59pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Sick track and good riding bro!

Couple big jumps but some safe options from what it looks like.

Thanks.

Yea the track is pretty safe. Only one double on the track (pro track) that is either roll or jump. But all the other jumps do have options. I haven't been on the amateur track they have. All the jumps are safe on there as well. Actually think the amateur track may have more jumps then the pro track.
ge217
7/4/2016 5:09pm
NotCore wrote:
Looks like fun!
ge217 wrote:
Really nice place to ride. Not sure if you want to make the trip down from Ga. but if you're ever down that way defiantly check...
Charper732 wrote:
We did a motocation to Florida from Georgia. We had to schedule 2 weeks ahead of time because of our jobs and called FTT multiple times...
We did a motocation to Florida from Georgia. We had to schedule 2 weeks ahead of time because of our jobs and called FTT multiple times to try and figure out when the Pro track would be open...the only answer we got was, "if the weather is good it'll be open." The people working there are the opposite of professionals. We went there but only the AM track was open and the weather was perfect..and had been the entire week. Plus, those people try and nickle and dime you for everything. I have never in my life paid for parking at a MX track.

We hit 6 tracks while in Florida and FTT was the second to worst IMO. Bithlo was the best, their prep was on par with monster mountain in AL
That sucks to hear you didn't get a chance to ride the pro track. I don't know what the reasoning is for not having that track open every weekend. They do charge a bit more than other tracks. Problem with building something like that. They want to charge more to track and get the money back... Like having to pay the extra money to park at the beach. First time I went I had to park what was no joke at least a mile from the track entrance. Ill pay the extra 10 bucks to park at the beach now that they offer it. You're right about not the the most professional. They have gotten better though. Just some rich land owner wanting it to be ran his way...

What other tracks did you hit besides FTT and Bithlo? How long ago was your motocation?
Charper732
7/5/2016 4:10am
We were down for 9 days. WW Ranch wasn't prepped when we went there so I had to give Bithlo the #1 spot. When WW Ranch is on point that is the best track I have ever ridden. Besides that we went to Pax, waldo, and bartow.

Florida seems to have this idea that every track needs a membership...I know the point is to bring in more money and give people the idea that since they have a membership they should go to that track more often...same idea as costco or sams club...but I hope that trend doesn't make its way to GA and AL.

Bartow was hands down the worst track I have ridden in years... I would rather have ridden in a random open field, but yet they have a membership fee....smh.

All in all our trip was pretty good though. We went in March so the weather was damn nice. Next year we are either going towards texas or north to club mx
SweetDaddy
7/5/2016 6:01am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2016 6:25am
Picking Bithlo over Pax and Bartow is shocking but I know they only groom Bartow on the wkend
kkawboy14
7/5/2016 6:28am
ge217 wrote:
Enjoy.

I thought the membership is about insurance/liabilties more than profits
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
7/5/2016 7:57am
Charper732 wrote:
We were down for 9 days. WW Ranch wasn't prepped when we went there so I had to give Bithlo the #1 spot. When WW Ranch...
We were down for 9 days. WW Ranch wasn't prepped when we went there so I had to give Bithlo the #1 spot. When WW Ranch is on point that is the best track I have ever ridden. Besides that we went to Pax, waldo, and bartow.

Florida seems to have this idea that every track needs a membership...I know the point is to bring in more money and give people the idea that since they have a membership they should go to that track more often...same idea as costco or sams club...but I hope that trend doesn't make its way to GA and AL.

Bartow was hands down the worst track I have ridden in years... I would rather have ridden in a random open field, but yet they have a membership fee....smh.

All in all our trip was pretty good though. We went in March so the weather was damn nice. Next year we are either going towards texas or north to club mx
I'm glad you posted this, because I had "planned" a trip last winter, but didn't get my van done in time before the heat hit.

Was wondering how to plan around a loose pro track opening, basically its up in the air.

I think a WW ranch trip is a must, then go from there if it works out. I'm in VA so its a hike.
Digger29
7/5/2016 8:01am
Awesome vid and thx for posting it :-) Track looks super fun and very safe with the multiple ways to hit the jumps. I'm definitely hitting that place when we're in Florida next winter. Just my opinion but try moving your camera up just a whisker. Good luck at Loretta's, Mike
ge217
7/5/2016 8:31am
Charper732 wrote:
We were down for 9 days. WW Ranch wasn't prepped when we went there so I had to give Bithlo the #1 spot. When WW Ranch...

Yes, most of the tracks here are membership crazy. Kinda sucks but is what it is. I don't practice to often so it really doesn't effect me. Luckily for me I live here so I have access to a few private tracks so I don't have to ride and the lesser quality tracks.

If Reddick had practice that would def be a track to hit. WW is a nice place just a little far for me to drive to ride. Defiantly and nice quality track though.

I would love to hi club mx one time. Sand track looks awesome!
ge217
7/5/2016 8:35am
Charper732 wrote:

Markee wrote:
I'm glad you posted this, because I had "planned" a trip last winter, but didn't get my van done in time before the heat hit. Was...
I'm glad you posted this, because I had "planned" a trip last winter, but didn't get my van done in time before the heat hit.

Was wondering how to plan around a loose pro track opening, basically its up in the air.

I think a WW ranch trip is a must, then go from there if it works out. I'm in VA so its a hike.
They have the dates for when the have the pro track will be open on there website. Pretty sure the next time they have it open is the end of this month.

WW is a must since you will coming down from the north.
ge217
7/5/2016 8:40am
Digger29 wrote:
Awesome vid and thx for posting it :-) Track looks super fun and very safe with the multiple ways to hit the jumps. I'm definitely hitting...
Awesome vid and thx for posting it :-) Track looks super fun and very safe with the multiple ways to hit the jumps. I'm definitely hitting that place when we're in Florida next winter. Just my opinion but try moving your camera up just a whisker. Good luck at Loretta's, Mike
Thanks. It is defiantly a fun place to ride. Best part is you get to cool off in the lake after a long day of motos.

Will do on the movement of the camera angle. I just mount it to my lid and run it. If it good its good, if not oh well. Next time I use it will be Loretta's so ill have the angle spot on.
Moto810
7/5/2016 8:46am
Charper732 wrote:

ge217 wrote:
Yes, most of the tracks here are membership crazy. Kinda sucks but is what it is. I don't practice to often so it really doesn't effect...
Yes, most of the tracks here are membership crazy. Kinda sucks but is what it is. I don't practice to often so it really doesn't effect me. Luckily for me I live here so I have access to a few private tracks so I don't have to ride and the lesser quality tracks.

If Reddick had practice that would def be a track to hit. WW is a nice place just a little far for me to drive to ride. Defiantly and nice quality track though.

That is funny you guys bring up the membership thing! FL tracks do it! I have been riding moto all over the US and it is funny how they follow each other! Not a original thought in any of them! Memberships are 100% the wrong way to do it. All it does it keeps people from coming to your track!

Example: a group of riders is talking about driving up to WW Ranch from Orlando but none of them have been there this year for a practice. They have been riding local tracks in Orlando and have already paid for memberships there. One or two of these riders is going to say "No I don't want to have to pay for a membership" to ride that track and I would rather just rider here instead!

I also like the tracks who don't groom but yet claim the track will be groomed and watered. Then you get there and clearly they did not groom it and the owner says "real riders like it rough" . Well we paid for a groomed track and a "real business owner would do what he advertises"! lol more customers lost!
7/5/2016 9:42am
I might be alone on this one but I kinda like dry, rough tracks
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/5/2016 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2016 1:02pm
Dang ge217, awesome riding! I had to go back out and look at the title and wondered if it was Tim Ferry or an old (Kawi days) Chad Reed vid. Good stuff
mxbrian15
7/5/2016 2:35pm
burn1986 wrote:
Dang ge217, awesome riding! I had to go back out and look at the title and wondered if it was Tim Ferry or an old (Kawi...
Dang ge217, awesome riding! I had to go back out and look at the title and wondered if it was Tim Ferry or an old (Kawi days) Chad Reed vid. Good stuff
If you think that was fast, you should see the guy ride woods. Dude can flat out ride offroad.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
7/5/2016 2:47pm
ge217 wrote:
Enjoy.

I've never heard of you. Are you any good? Tongue I was thinking about going out there too but didnt. Kinda wish I would have now!
MotoX85
7/5/2016 3:58pm
We go to Florida 4 times per year and I had given up on this track cause of all the bad shit I had heard. But now I wanna go again after watching this video, track looks sick.

I might add, bostwick creek is also a decent track but deteriorates quick.
MotoX85
7/5/2016 4:06pm
I definitely have to go now, they have a MILITARY rate. Always support the businesses that support our military for giving us this freedom to ride.
mxbrady551
7/5/2016 4:11pm
Damn that track looks super fun! Wish we had tracks like that in Iowa, lol. Is that your phone on your handlebars?
Grizz
7/5/2016 4:27pm
ge217 wrote:
Yes, most of the tracks here are membership crazy. Kinda sucks but is what it is. I don't practice to often so it really doesn't effect...

Hey I live in West Palm Beach now. I'll show you my private tracks if you show me yours? Tongue
ge217
7/5/2016 6:39pm
Moto810 wrote:
That is funny you guys bring up the membership thing! FL tracks do it! I have been riding moto all over the US and it is...
That is funny you guys bring up the membership thing! FL tracks do it! I have been riding moto all over the US and it is funny how they follow each other! Not a original thought in any of them! Memberships are 100% the wrong way to do it. All it does it keeps people from coming to your track!

Example: a group of riders is talking about driving up to WW Ranch from Orlando but none of them have been there this year for a practice. They have been riding local tracks in Orlando and have already paid for memberships there. One or two of these riders is going to say "No I don't want to have to pay for a membership" to ride that track and I would rather just rider here instead!

I also like the tracks who don't groom but yet claim the track will be groomed and watered. Then you get there and clearly they did not groom it and the owner says "real riders like it rough" . Well we paid for a groomed track and a "real business owner would do what he advertises"! lol more customers lost!
Last time I went to WW to practice they gave you the option of getting a day pass.

Im also pretty sure most of the other tracks that have a membership also offer a day pass if you don't want to buy the membership. Some don't though.
ge217
7/5/2016 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2016 6:45pm
burn1986 wrote:
Dang ge217, awesome riding! I had to go back out and look at the title and wondered if it was Tim Ferry or an old (Kawi...
Ha , thanks. Defiantly not Timmy or Chad. Ill take the complement though!
ge217
7/5/2016 6:59pm
Kx125rider wrote:
I might be alone on this one but I kinda like dry, rough tracks
Im with you on the rough tracks. I'm a woods guy so I like when the track is rough. But from a more of a weekend worries point of view I can see having a nice groomed track would be better.
ge217
7/5/2016 7:00pm
Renner153 wrote:
I've never heard of you. Are you any good? Tongue I was thinking about going out there too but didnt. Kinda wish I would have now!
I'm thinking about maybe going back this weekend for the race.
ge217
7/5/2016 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2016 7:09pm
MotoX85 wrote:
We go to Florida 4 times per year and I had given up on this track cause of all the bad shit I had heard. But...
We go to Florida 4 times per year and I had given up on this track cause of all the bad shit I had heard. But now I wanna go again after watching this video, track looks sick.

I might add, bostwick creek is also a decent track but deteriorates quick.
Defiantly a place to check out if you are in the area. Its a nice place. Don't let others opinions dictate yours. They are a little high on prices, but once you check the place out you'll see why.

Post a reply to: helmet cam from florida track and trails

The Latest