geoff taking some shots at dungey

hillbilly
8/26/2015 5:58am
DC wrote:
No, I wouldn't say Geoff's spot-on, I would say using his MXoN results alone to make a point is unfair and completely out of context. The...
No, I wouldn't say Geoff's spot-on, I would say using his MXoN results alone to make a point is unfair and completely out of context. The MXoN is a difficult, one-off race that is particularly hard on U.S.-based riders (Americans, Australians, German, etc.) because it's five weeks after our season ends and it's almost always over in Europe.

But I can understand his disappointment in having anyone disparage the tracks over there, even though, just like here, some tracks were not on the level of others. It's the competition thing that I think was misconstrued or misspoken, and that's what's driving this backlash of Ryan.

As for, "Ask Ryan Villopoto," I think Ryan would tell him Qatar and Thailand and Trentino were not very good tracks, though the race in South America was an amazing track.

DC

kkawboy14 wrote:
you have to admit the results for Dungey do say a lot! If you read Geoffs comments slowly and with an unbiased slant, what he wrote...
you have to admit the results for Dungey do say a lot!
If you read Geoffs comments slowly and with an unbiased slant, what he wrote is spot on in response to Ryan's comments!

So why would you get clarification from Ryan?
You hung over or something?

Because i understood that clearly.

The mxdn is a do nothing meaniless race that no racer wants to end his season in a hospital at.

And geoff is obviously a goat humping idiot.
jamma10
8/26/2015 6:02am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2015 6:09am
jamma10 wrote:
The line that stood out most for me was; [i]'it seems to me that both series have great riders and great circuits. It’s impossible to say...
The line that stood out most for me was;

'it seems to me that both series have great riders and great circuits. It’s impossible to say which is stronger,'

Which is true of course, but it contradicts his usual opinion;

'Of course the premier championship in the world, the MXGP series is in full swing and really producing some awesome racing and over in America they are running their premier series the AMA Supercross.'
http://www.mxlarge.com/2015/04/25/mxlarge-top-ten-riders/

The guy is an embarrassment.
kkawboy14 wrote:
Dude your an embarrassment! Your stretching and reaching hard to make this guy look bad? Why? The fee to have a GP is what 450k and...
Dude your an embarrassment! Your stretching and reaching hard to make this guy look bad? Why?

The fee to have a GP is what 450k and an outdoor 75k?
Because as a European and life-long GP follower I feel he does the World Championship a disservice by reporting on anything relating to the US in a biased and often unprofessional manner.

Instead of remaining balanced and objective he writes controversial crap that usually stirs up animosity, and he doesn't need to do it. Instead of writing the article he just did about Dungey, why not question why Dungey might feel that way and give a fair and diplomatic reply or analysis. Instead he sounds no better than an irrate forum member who hasn't taken the time to consider their reply.
kkawboy14
8/26/2015 6:04am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2015 6:09am
DC wrote:
No, I wouldn't say Geoff's spot-on, I would say using his MXoN results alone to make a point is unfair and completely out of context. The...
No, I wouldn't say Geoff's spot-on, I would say using his MXoN results alone to make a point is unfair and completely out of context. The MXoN is a difficult, one-off race that is particularly hard on U.S.-based riders (Americans, Australians, German, etc.) because it's five weeks after our season ends and it's almost always over in Europe.

But I can understand his disappointment in having anyone disparage the tracks over there, even though, just like here, some tracks were not on the level of others. It's the competition thing that I think was misconstrued or misspoken, and that's what's driving this backlash of Ryan.

As for, "Ask Ryan Villopoto," I think Ryan would tell him Qatar and Thailand and Trentino were not very good tracks, though the race in South America was an amazing track.

DC

kkawboy14 wrote:
you have to admit the results for Dungey do say a lot! If you read Geoffs comments slowly and with an unbiased slant, what he wrote...
If you read Geoffs comments slowly and with an unbiased slant, what he wrote is spot on in response to Ryan's comments!

hillbilly wrote:
You hung over or something? Because i understood that clearly. The mxdn is a do nothing meaniless race that no racer wants to end his season...

The mxdn is a do nothing meaniless race that no racer wants to end his season in a hospital at.

Simmer down now!
I don't know why any pro would waste his time doing the Dez.
This thread is about him doing GP's, Ryan's comment was that the competition here is tougher and deeper so he wouldn't bother going there.

DC wants to get clarification....because at first read, what he said doesn't sound good to anybody!

The Shop

kkawboy14
8/26/2015 6:05am
jamma10 wrote:
The line that stood out most for me was; [i]'it seems to me that both series have great riders and great circuits. It’s impossible to say...
The line that stood out most for me was;

'it seems to me that both series have great riders and great circuits. It’s impossible to say which is stronger,'

Which is true of course, but it contradicts his usual opinion;

'Of course the premier championship in the world, the MXGP series is in full swing and really producing some awesome racing and over in America they are running their premier series the AMA Supercross.'
http://www.mxlarge.com/2015/04/25/mxlarge-top-ten-riders/

The guy is an embarrassment.
kkawboy14 wrote:
Dude your an embarrassment! Your stretching and reaching hard to make this guy look bad? Why? The fee to have a GP is what 450k and...
Dude your an embarrassment! Your stretching and reaching hard to make this guy look bad? Why?

The fee to have a GP is what 450k and an outdoor 75k?
jamma10 wrote:
Because as a European and life-long GP follower I feel he does the World Championship a disservice by reporting on anything relating to the US in...
Because as a European and life-long GP follower I feel he does the World Championship a disservice by reporting on anything relating to the US in a biased and often unprofessional manner.

Instead of remaining balanced and objective he writes controversial crap that usually stirs up animosity, and he doesn't need to do it. Instead of writing the article he just did about Dungey, why not question why Dungey might feel that way and give a fair and diplomatic reply or analysis. Instead he sounds no better than an irrate forum member who hasn't taken the time to consider their reply.
Nothing in his comment is biased, it was totally based on the results.
hillbilly
8/26/2015 6:18am
kkawboy14 wrote:

hillbilly wrote:
You hung over or something? Because i understood that clearly. The mxdn is a do nothing meaniless race that no racer wants to end his season...

kkawboy14 wrote:
Simmer down now! I don't know why any pro would waste his time doing the Dez. This thread is about him doing GP's, Ryan's comment was...
Simmer down now!
This thread is about him doing GP's, Ryan's comment was that the competition here is tougher and deeper so he wouldn't bother going there.

DC wants to get clarification....because at first read, what he said doesn't sound good to anybody!
10 four good buddy.
kkawboy14
8/26/2015 6:23am
hillbilly wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
Simmer down now! I don't know why any pro would waste his time doing the Dez. This thread is about him doing GP's, Ryan's comment was...
Simmer down now!

hillbilly wrote:
10 four good buddy.
I don't have any problem with Ryan or Geoff comments.

This is the real conversation that any of us racers would have at the track:

Ryan: you guys suck and your tracks suck
Geoff: no we don't, you guys suck, you haven't beat us in 4 years!

I have no problem with that conversation
hillbilly
8/26/2015 6:34am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Simmer down now!

hillbilly wrote:
10 four good buddy.
kkawboy14 wrote:
I don't have any problem with Ryan or Geoff comments. This is the real conversation that any of us racers would have at the track: Ryan...
I don't have any problem with Ryan or Geoff comments.

This is the real conversation that any of us racers would have at the track:

Ryan: you guys suck and your tracks suck
Geoff: no we don't, you guys suck, you haven't beat us in 4 years!

I have no problem with that conversation
Me neither,

They start 30 over there,water with a fire hose,hell,its like racing in Kentucky.

tprice07
8/26/2015 6:44am
Dungey needs to race the USGP. KTM said they were in, the impression was that he would race. If he wants to give something back to the sport then he needs to get out there and race.
Flip109
8/26/2015 7:03am
Its pretty stupid that since we've not been winning the des nations for the past however many years, that now we have Americans saying stupid shit like its a meaningless race. I hate to lose as much as anyone but lets be real. I've read plenty of rider interviews after America won and how awesome they thought the race was, and how important it was to represent the country. I really hope we can get the trophy back this year so that our sheeple will be pumped for the race again.Cool
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/26/2015 7:11am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2015 11:28am
Dungey needs to race the USGP and show em what he got. [b]Everyone is entitles to their opinion, but for GP lovers it is a disappointing...
Dungey needs to race the USGP and show em what he got.

Everyone is entitles to their opinion, but for GP lovers it is a disappointing statement from the American champion, and one he can’t back up as he won’t be racing the USGP in September, instead taking a rest to prepare for the Red Bull Straight Line event and the Monster Energy Cup.

500guy wrote:
Dungey needs to do what He wants and not be goaded into anything that will never prove a thing. So they are upset, Dungey say's GP...
Dungey needs to do what He wants and not be goaded into anything that will never prove a thing.

So they are upset, Dungey say's GP tracks suck and He's not interested. To freaking bad.
After taking an interest in the GPs for the first time because RV was there and after seeing the tracks and 3rd world countries that have a GP I agree with Dungey that the GP tracks suck and I will go one better and say the whole GP series is lame, no wonder most of the fast GP riders want to come to ride in the USA. Wink
mx_563
8/26/2015 7:23am
DC wrote:
And then there's the whole supercross thing, as in, 17 races on indoor stadium tracks, followed by 12 on outdoor tracks, with completely different surfaces and...
And then there's the whole supercross thing, as in, 17 races on indoor stadium tracks, followed by 12 on outdoor tracks, with completely different surfaces and texture and bike set-up and so on and so forth. At least GP guys get to focus on one style of racing, albeit on very diverse tracks -- some great and some not-so-great... But no matter where you race as a pro, it's hard work and heavy travel. Respect for all guys on both sides of the pond.

All that said, I am going to call Ryan this morning because I truly believe something got misconstrued or he misspoke, He has always had huge respect for the guys in Europe and he's good friends with Tony Cairoli and obviously his bosses include Roger and Pit and until recently (and to a lesser extent) Stefan. He's getting thrashed here by MXGeoff because that's what MXGeoff does anytime he gets a chance -- beat on our guys for attention -- but I am almost certain this was neither what Ryan really meant or felt.

The world is a smaller place, and the things people say can get lost in translation and pick up speed in a hurry on the internet (ask Mr. Roczen). I say we give Ryan the benefit of clarifying what he meant because the context of all this is being boiled down by Geoff and friends to his MXoN results, but only his bad ones, of course.

Stay tuned.

DC
MX Sports
Not trying to be a wise guy but Mr. Roczen is Ken's Maternal grandfather. Ken's dad is Heiko Klepka. (has to do with Ken's mom keeping her maiden name).

JBlain619
8/26/2015 7:29am
The thing that trips me out the most is how people have talked shit on RD because he's so vanilla in his interviews, says all the things he's supposed to say, too PC, blah, blah, blah.

Now he gives his opinion, be it misinterpreted or not, and he's all of a sudden an asshole and not worthy of our respect.

It's his opinion, get over it. Had this been JLaw, it would be a 10+ pager about how great he is for telling it like it is and keeping it real.
500guy
8/26/2015 7:33am
lostboy819 wrote:
After taking an interest in the GPs for the first time because RV was there and after seeing the tracks and 3rd world countries that have...
After taking an interest in the GPs for the first time because RV was there and after seeing the tracks and 3rd world countries that have a GP I agree with Dungey that the GP tracks suck and I will go one better and say the whole GP series is lame, no wonder most of the fast GP riders want to come to ride in the USA. Wink
There ya go . WWIII missles launched. ha ha
vedhrane
8/26/2015 7:38am

Try to see Geoff's point of view...
How can you see clear when your tongue is stocked into Luongo's ass ?
Grieby54
8/26/2015 7:42am
JBlain619 wrote:
The thing that trips me out the most is how people have talked shit on RD because he's so vanilla in his interviews, says all the...
The thing that trips me out the most is how people have talked shit on RD because he's so vanilla in his interviews, says all the things he's supposed to say, too PC, blah, blah, blah.

Now he gives his opinion, be it misinterpreted or not, and he's all of a sudden an asshole and not worthy of our respect.

It's his opinion, get over it. Had this been JLaw, it would be a 10+ pager about how great he is for telling it like it is and keeping it real.
Exactly.

And who can disagree with Ryan? I've told my wife more than a handful of times that the tracks look like shit. I would go get a refund of my gate fee and leave if that's what was presented to me on a race weekend. Call me what you'd like, but there are more important things in life than risking yourself on a super sketchy track.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/26/2015 8:07am
JBlain619 wrote:
The thing that trips me out the most is how people have talked shit on RD because he's so vanilla in his interviews, says all the...

Grieby54 wrote:
Exactly. And who can disagree with Ryan? I've told my wife more than a handful of times that the tracks look like shit. I would go...
Exactly.

And who can disagree with Ryan? I've told my wife more than a handful of times that the tracks look like shit. I would go get a refund of my gate fee and leave if that's what was presented to me on a race weekend. Call me what you'd like, but there are more important things in life than risking yourself on a super sketchy track.
Ya, the riders actually riding the GPs have ripped some of the tracks in interviews after races and now Dungey says something similar and he's the dick...
h&m_cycle
8/26/2015 8:15am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2015 8:18am
Flip109 wrote:
Its pretty stupid that since we've not been winning the des nations for the past however many years, that now we have Americans saying stupid shit...
Its pretty stupid that since we've not been winning the des nations for the past however many years, that now we have Americans saying stupid shit like its a meaningless race. I hate to lose as much as anyone but lets be real. I've read plenty of rider interviews after America won and how awesome they thought the race was, and how important it was to represent the country. I really hope we can get the trophy back this year so that our sheeple will be pumped for the race again.Cool
To hell with that race, "it turns out", "they risk their careers without getting paid" "That one off race has never been a test
of being the best at anything...
We won a bunch of the des nations, now they have, it means nothing... Yeah, yeah, yeah... RV at Budds Creek
get over it...

Dungey ran 29 races, and probably is going on vacation with his wife... hope he only has a private cell phone so
no one can get a hold of him...

You say you hate to lose as much as anyone... So you been busting your ass all year training with Aldon too?

It's a meaningless race in the past and it's a meaningless race now...
Flip109
8/26/2015 8:33am
Flip109 wrote:
Its pretty stupid that since we've not been winning the des nations for the past however many years, that now we have Americans saying stupid shit...
h&m_cycle wrote:
To hell with that race, "it turns out", "they risk their careers without getting paid" "That one off race has never been a test of being...
To hell with that race, "it turns out", "they risk their careers without getting paid" "That one off race has never been a test
of being the best at anything...
We won a bunch of the des nations, now they have, it means nothing... Yeah, yeah, yeah... RV at Budds Creek
get over it...

Dungey ran 29 races, and probably is going on vacation with his wife... hope he only has a private cell phone so
no one can get a hold of him...

You say you hate to lose as much as anyone... So you been busting your ass all year training with Aldon too?

It's a meaningless race in the past and it's a meaningless race now...
Meaningless to you.Whistling

WTF does me hating that our team has lost the des nations the last few years have anything to do with me training with Aldon baker?? Way to take it out of context. Get a grip.

Titan1
8/26/2015 8:34am
I love the flavor of the GP series, the riders there are great, and its fun to watch...I just wish they'd pick better venues...I think G.L. is so bent on it being a true "world championship" with races on every continent, and that, along with the fact that they charge so much to hold an event, that they have to have the government of the country hosting the event on board to pay their fee...so when they go outside of Europe, they just don't have many options and have to take what they can get. In some respects I think he's sacrificing good racing for the meaningless label of "world" championship (holding races on every continent).

On the MXdN...if the race matters...then the Americans are still the best (since we've won more races than any other country in history). But I don't think its a good test of which series is more competitive. It's a one off TEAM race...

Geoff is no better than us Vitards in that he insists on trying to use the MXdN as the gauge as to which series is better. And doing that is like trying to tell the temperature outside, by looking at a barometer.
jeffro503
8/26/2015 8:43am
Titan1 wrote:
I love the flavor of the GP series, the riders there are great, and its fun to watch...I just wish they'd pick better venues...I think G.L...
I love the flavor of the GP series, the riders there are great, and its fun to watch...I just wish they'd pick better venues...I think G.L. is so bent on it being a true "world championship" with races on every continent, and that, along with the fact that they charge so much to hold an event, that they have to have the government of the country hosting the event on board to pay their fee...so when they go outside of Europe, they just don't have many options and have to take what they can get. In some respects I think he's sacrificing good racing for the meaningless label of "world" championship (holding races on every continent).

On the MXdN...if the race matters...then the Americans are still the best (since we've won more races than any other country in history). But I don't think its a good test of which series is more competitive. It's a one off TEAM race...

Geoff is no better than us Vitards in that he insists on trying to use the MXdN as the gauge as to which series is better. And doing that is like trying to tell the temperature outside, by looking at a barometer.
He'll use anything to fit his agenda. Never mentions the fact that the USA has won that even about 5 X more than any other country in the past 35yrs. Never mentions that even in the last 3yrs that we " lost " , that only team Belgium has been more consistent with getting on the box. The funny thing is , there are no guys from Belgium here that start shit.

And in Geoff's own words " Mate , I never want to see the yanks win , ever! " And yeah , he did say that , to me , on here.
RG1
8/26/2015 8:44am
Titan1 wrote:
I love the flavor of the GP series, the riders there are great, and its fun to watch...I just wish they'd pick better venues...I think G.L...

He takes the world championship to the places where he can make the most money. He could visit all corners of the globe by having the same number of fly aways, but going to Japan, Australia, America, Canada and Argentina, places like that have great tracks and a genuine interest in the sport. No-one in Qatar has an interest in any sport as far as I can tell, but they have a lot of money
h&m_cycle
8/26/2015 9:29am
Flip109 wrote:
Meaningless to you.:whistle: WTF does me hating that our team has lost the des nations the last few years have anything to do with me training...

WTF does me hating that our team has lost the des nations the last few years have anything to do with me training with Aldon baker?? Way to take it out of context. Get a grip.

The meaning is Dungey is busting his ass with Baker plus 29 races... Sorry he let you down... Just like the Ryder Cup
in golf, it doesn't prove anything... I hope our guys go over there, have a good time & get a top 5 finish without
getting hurt...
Flip109
8/26/2015 9:43am
Flip109 wrote:
Meaningless to you.:whistle: WTF does me hating that our team has lost the des nations the last few years have anything to do with me training...

h&m_cycle wrote:
The meaning is Dungey is busting his ass with Baker plus 29 races... Sorry he let you down... Just like the Ryder Cup in golf, it...
The meaning is Dungey is busting his ass with Baker plus 29 races... Sorry he let you down... Just like the Ryder Cup
in golf, it doesn't prove anything... I hope our guys go over there, have a good time & get a top 5 finish without
getting hurt...
Never said Dungey let me down. None of them going over and giving their all let me down. Losing sucks. That's my point. The more we lose the more people start to make excuses and say it's just a meaningless race yada yada... To make them selves feel better about the shitty situation.
4merRacer
8/26/2015 9:47am
I am a big AMA USA MX And SX fan. I have never cared at all about GP's or Des Nations. Dungey's career is about winning championships in USA AMA SX and MX. He is an American. Why should he care about GPs or des nations? He shouldn't. There's plenty of tracks and competition here with our own series for him to worry about the other stuff. The risk reward does not pay off for him to race gps or nations
kongols
8/26/2015 10:29am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2015 10:32am
NVM
pilotdude
8/26/2015 10:51am
1. Ryan Dungey is the current supercross and national mx champion and can do whatever he wants.

2. Geoff has proven he is a walking, talking human rectum.

3. There is no number 3.

Post a reply to: geoff taking some shots at dungey

The Latest