4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

* for poto

greenebasterd

C100

Posts: 54

Joined: 1/22/2011

Location: CAN

3/15/2012 4:48 PM

So with all the riders that are out this year,if poto takes the title will he have done so with an astriks like so many claimed that Dungey did in 10 ?

dirtnapper

C100_img_0474

Posts: 3073

Joined: 4/14/2011

Location: Alberta, CAN

3/15/2012 4:50 PM

greenebasterd wrote: So with all the riders that are out this year,if poto takes the title will he have done so with an astriks like so many claimed that Dungey did in 10 ?

Of course!!!

Is there any other way to win a Title?

gsxrcr28

C100_image_1412218267

Posts: 5839

Joined: 3/5/2009

Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

3/15/2012 4:51 PM

No. There is no such thing.

You gotta be in it to win it.

mx 219

C100_et3_1388634104

Posts: 1833

Joined: 8/15/2010

Location: South Central, PA USA

3/15/2012 4:51 PM

I agree that it is interesting that no one brings it up whereas people are quick to point it out with Reed or Dungey. The truth is he was being challenged by Dungey and Reed before they were out. Do I think he needs an asterisk, no. Do I find it funny that people don't say anything about it with RV yes I do.

2nd in command of the "anyone but villopoto" club

GuyB

C100_image_1408504956

Posts: 23229

Joined: 7/10/2006

Location: Wherever I may roam, CA USA

Administrator

3/15/2012 4:55 PM

gsxrcr28 wrote: No. There is no such thing.

You gotta be in it to win it.

What he said. Winning a title at this level doesn't come with asterisks. It does come with haters, though.

DiIullo

C100_99565520_1262056700

Posts: 167

Joined: 12/28/2009

Location: Newport Beach, CA USA

3/15/2012 5:00 PM

astriks are for people who talk too much and dont race...

zook11

C100_image_1405397180

Posts: 1139

Joined: 9/28/2011

Location: Cincinnati, OH USA

3/15/2012 5:02 PM

He did beat them all last year, only guy out there who can say that. He also had most wins and points lead before 5 or 22 got hurt. If RV crashes out and James wins the title the * makes a lot more sense.

"Victory has a hundred fathers, but defeat is an orphan." ~ John F. Kennedy

slipdog

C100_bikedog_1413155704

Posts: 3745

Joined: 7/25/2009

Location: Nor Cal, CA USA

3/15/2012 5:04 PM

Wait, so you get a set of knee braces when you win a SX title.... SWEET!!!

"Since people needed them shrimps for shrimp cocktails and BBQ's and all, and we were the only boat left standing... Bubba Gump Shrimp is what they got!"

radialone

C100_10593378_1518165908397154_1179948592_n_1411751911

Posts: 167

Joined: 10/12/2010

Location: Yorba Linda, CA USA

3/15/2012 5:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2012 5:12 PM

zook11 wrote: He did beat them all last year, only guy out there who can say that. He also had most wins and points lead before 5 or 22 got hurt. If RV crashes out and James wins the title the * makes a lot more sense.

Yeah basically what zook said. If RV wins this championship, I think the reason he won't have as many people trying to put an * on it is due to the fact the he was clearly the strongest rider up until the point of Reed & Dungey's injurys. The difference in 2010 is that Stewart & Reed got hurt early & it never really gave Dungey a chance to prove how he stacked up against them...aside from A1.

As far as RV in 2010, anyone who tries to say that he would have won the championship had he not gotten hurt is ignorant. It was shaping up to be a close fight, RV was closing, but Dungey still had the point lead....to say any more is pure speculation. Momentum can change in an instant in racing.

Now if RV was to get hurt this year & Stewart went on to win the championship....that would be interesting to see the reaction.

TeamGreen

C100_rip_beach_shot

Posts: 12355

Joined: 11/25/2008

Location: Redding, CA USA

3/15/2012 5:15 PM

Stewart is still in it.

It's that simple.

Dave "Ozzy" Osterman quote..."You finish in the Top Ten -OR- You Don't Eat!"
I heard him say it. He can't deny it.

sharkey

C100_img_4493

Posts: 2434

Joined: 7/28/2008

Location: Marysville, WA USA

3/15/2012 5:18 PM

zook11 wrote: He did beat them all last year, only guy out there who can say that. He also had most wins and points lead before 5 or 22 got hurt. If RV crashes out and James wins the title the * makes a lot more sense.

radialone wrote: Yeah basically what zook said. If RV wins this championship, I think the reason he won't have as many people trying to put an * on it is due to the fact the he was clearly the strongest rider up until the point of Reed & Dungey's injurys. The difference in 2010 is that Stewart & Reed got hurt early & it never really gave Dungey a chance to prove how he stacked up against them...aside from A1.

As far as RV in 2010, anyone who tries to say that he would have won the championship had he not gotten hurt is ignorant. It was shaping up to be a close fight, RV was closing, but Dungey still had the point lead....to say any more is pure speculation. Momentum can change in an instant in racing.

Now if RV was to get hurt this year & Stewart went on to win the championship....that would be interesting to see the reaction.

well put. kind of a bummer this year for the fans now at the remaining sx races with so many guuys out now. i wonder if CR will show his face at the remaining races

Wolfman

C100_579592_503084383060296_329276849_n_1371345594

Posts: 2696

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: Bixby, OK USA

3/15/2012 5:20 PM

I'm a fan of all these guys, but what I gotta say right now is "COME ON STEWIE!!!".

BigDaddyG

C100_2012_03_18_16_57_29_322

Posts: 741

Joined: 10/8/2010

Location: Saint Helens, OR USA

3/15/2012 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2012 5:23 PM

People called for an astrick because nobody was there when Dungey won. Everyone has been there for RV 2 years in a row. James is still in there. Like others have said, you gotta be in it to win it and wven when everyone was in it RV was still getting way more wins.

machine

C100_canard_profile_pic

Posts: 3979

Joined: 1/5/2011

Location: Wake Forest, NC USA

3/15/2012 5:21 PM

The others got hurt trying consistently to run RV's pace, plain and simple, like it or not, no asterisk necessary.

Vital MX, the hangout for old, bitter and disgruntled 2-stroke fans

machine

C100_canard_profile_pic

Posts: 3979

Joined: 1/5/2011

Location: Wake Forest, NC USA

3/15/2012 5:22 PM

BigDaddyG wrote: People called for an astrick because nobody was there when Dungey won. Everyone has been there for RV 2 years in a row. James is still in there. Like others have said, you gotta be in it to win it and wven when everyone was in it RV was still getting way more wins.

True

Vital MX, the hangout for old, bitter and disgruntled 2-stroke fans

-espionage-

C100_bambampic

Posts: 125

Joined: 7/24/2011

Location: WA, USA

3/15/2012 5:27 PM

Well duh it comes with a asterisk.






Seriously though asterisk have no place in racing. I'm just saying it because of a lot of people think Dungey should have asterisk for his 2010 championships.

Currently lurking

RDP

C100

Posts: 32

Joined: 3/3/2012

Location: USA

3/15/2012 5:35 PM

Ive got to say this. Im pretty sure dungey would have repeated if it was not for his bike trouble. cost him at least 18 points in sx and 25 for outdoors, both bigger than what villopoto beat him by

BigDaddyG

C100_2012_03_18_16_57_29_322

Posts: 741

Joined: 10/8/2010

Location: Saint Helens, OR USA

3/15/2012 5:54 PM

RDP wrote: Ive got to say this. Im pretty sure dungey would have repeated if it was not for his bike trouble. cost him at least 18 points in sx and 25 for outdoors, both bigger than what villopoto beat him by

On the flip side to that you could say that RV would have still won it had he not got taken out in the first turn of the LCQ and not made the main.

Again, you gotta be in it to win it.

NoGo

C100

Posts: 694

Joined: 6/24/2010

Location: A, CA USA

3/15/2012 6:10 PM

In 2010 even after rv got injured he held the most wins of the season with 7 and dungey at 6 and if I remember correctly he got most of those wins after rv crashed out.

jndmx

C100_prof_1390836970

Posts: 9494

Joined: 1/20/2008

Location: CT, USA

3/15/2012 6:16 PM

You race the people that line up against you.

Please see my sig line........

txmxer

C100_avatartfs_1368216137

Posts: 11649

Joined: 8/21/2006

Location: Weatherford, TX USA

3/15/2012 6:24 PM

machine wrote: The others got hurt trying consistently to run RV's pace, plain and simple, like it or not, no asterisk necessary.

You should put an asterisk after your post.

* this post may contain false information.

"American politics is about as real as pro wrestling." 7I3N

"I'm sorry folks, I believe I've just wasted an hour of your time," Glenn Beck

"WINNING!" Charlie Sheen

TJ 755

C100_116925730_1228927739

Posts: 1568

Joined: 8/16/2006

Location: North Bend, WA USA

3/15/2012 7:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2012 7:29 PM

RV vs James straight up... is whats up. Reed got hurt running the pace and Dungey trying to get to the pace.
RV is smart but also has a lot of pride so I don't look for him to lay up for anybody.

RealityZ

C100_c5973fb4758611e3a58c124c147de396_8_1392573323

Posts: 611

Joined: 8/10/2010

Location: NY, USA

3/15/2012 7:37 PM

I got an asterisk for fourth in 250c at the area, old man was pissed when he seen the placke

Hawwy

C100_248774_2103159297035_1187048085_2525839_4785928_n_1

Posts: 506

Joined: 1/8/2012

Location: GBR

3/15/2012 7:39 PM

gsxrcr28 wrote: No. There is no such thing.

You gotta be in it to win it.

Right on!

radialone

C100_10593378_1518165908397154_1179948592_n_1411751911

Posts: 167

Joined: 10/12/2010

Location: Yorba Linda, CA USA

3/15/2012 7:40 PM

NoGo wrote: In 2010 even after rv got injured he held the most wins of the season with 7 and dungey at 6 and if I remember correctly he got most of those wins after rv crashed out.

Dungey got 1 the night Villopoto took him out then crashed in St. Louis & he got 1 in Las Vegas. That's 2 of 6 if you count St. Louis. 1 of 6 if you don't.

cmess77

C100_s1600_canard_3

Posts: 617

Joined: 6/28/2011

Location: NV, USA

3/15/2012 7:43 PM

machine wrote: The others got hurt trying consistently to run RV's pace, plain and simple, like it or not, no asterisk necessary.

I really do not think Reed and Dungey, the two guys most notable in the pits for not over pushing the limits, got hurt because they were riding over their limits trying to get to/be at a faster pace. Especially with Dungey's crash being in practice. Most of the riders go as fast as they feel necessary, and comfortable all the time, rarely more, and rarely less, IMO. RC and Stewart do not apply to that last sentence, Reed and Dungey have openly said that they do.

nc97

C100_631708778_1212337647

Posts: 591

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: USA

3/15/2012 7:58 PM

Doesn't he already have an asterisk with last years titles?

Trent179

C100_posey1_2_1401592297

Posts: 1127

Joined: 4/3/2010

Location: Princeton, IN USA

3/15/2012 8:08 PM

An asterisk this year? Lmao. He beat them all last year and he's in the drivers seat to do it again. Rather people want to admit it or not. Reed stated that he felt like he was going faster than he ever has. Logic reason is that he was trying to match someone else's pace. He made a mistake trying to run a faster pace than he has in the past. I agree with machine.

BR_HERO

C100_rv2rv

Posts: 1233

Joined: 1/25/2012

Location: Cerritos, CA USA

3/15/2012 8:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2012 8:43 PM

Trent179 wrote: An asterisk this year? Lmao. He beat them all last year and he's in the drivers seat to do it again. Rather people want to admit it or not. Reed stated that he felt like he was going faster than he ever has. Logic reason is that he was trying to match someone else's pace. He made a mistake trying to run a faster pace than he has in the past. I agree with machine.

This ^^^^^^^^^ x1000000000

How anyone could call an * on the 2011 SX/MX champion and current series points leader with the most race wins is beyond me. Wouldn't surprise me if some of the idiots here tried to give it a shot though. Giving any rider an ^ is just foolish, like posters above said, you gotta be in it to win it.

.

IceMan446

C100_s780_03_011_1400602115

Posts: 2570

Joined: 1/10/2010

Location: Sacramento, CA USA

3/15/2012 8:45 PM

Trent179 wrote: An asterisk this year? Lmao. He beat them all last year and he's in the drivers seat to do it again. Rather people want to admit it or not. Reed stated that he felt like he was going faster than he ever has. Logic reason is that he was trying to match someone else's pace. He made a mistake trying to run a faster pace than he has in the past. I agree with machine.

BR_HERO wrote: This ^^^^^^^^^ x1000000000

How anyone could call an * on the 2011 SX/MX champion and current series points leader with the most race wins is beyond me. Wouldn't surprise me if some of the idiots here tried to give it a shot though. Giving any rider an ^ is just foolish, like posters above said, you gotta be in it to win it.

For the same reason people say James Stewarts titles don't mean much because RC wasn't racing.

Shit is stupid, who ever wins, wins. Plain and simple.

Do people get gifts sometimes, sure but that doesn't take away from the fact that they won and had the most points at the end of the series.
Post a Reply to: * for poto

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm