extremity games - Henry

dboivin
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:26pm
just noticed a press release that Doug was racing this. believe first time on dirt since building that cage for the bike? I'll be there taking pic's (goin all DDavis on extremity games)

http://healclothing.com/moto/doug-henry-racing-in-the-extremity-games
|
35smom
5/25/2011 6:28am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2011 6:28am
dboivin wrote:
just noticed a press release that Doug was racing this. believe first time on dirt since building that cage for the bike? I'll be there taking...
just noticed a press release that Doug was racing this. believe first time on dirt since building that cage for the bike? I'll be there taking pic's (goin all DDavis on extremity games)

Can you get some of my friend (and sons agent) Harold Glissen? I would greatly appreciate it! Harold introduced me to Doug at the Daytona SX and they were talking then of him coming to Baja. Im glad he decided to go!

Thanks
Amy
dboivin
5/25/2011 6:41am
dboivin wrote:
just noticed a press release that Doug was racing this. believe first time on dirt since building that cage for the bike? I'll be there taking...

35smom wrote:
Can you get some of my friend (and sons agent) Harold Glissen? I would greatly appreciate it! Harold introduced me to Doug at the Daytona SX...
Can you get some of my friend (and sons agent) Harold Glissen? I would greatly appreciate it! Harold introduced me to Doug at the Daytona SX and they were talking then of him coming to Baja. Im glad he decided to go!

Thanks
Amy
email me class and number if you can and i sure will. dan.boivin@gmail.com.
motomike137
5/25/2011 7:29am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2011 7:29am
35smom wrote:
Can you get some of my friend (and sons agent) Harold Glissen? I would greatly appreciate it! Harold introduced me to Doug at the Daytona SX...

Thanks
Amy
I met Harold this past Sunday at Baja MX where the games are being held this coming Saturday (they have three days of racing over the Memorial weekend). I somehow broke a footpeg on my YZ 250 and I noticed a guy with three Yamaha's in the pits across from me so I went up and asked to borrow a peg. Harold didn't hesitate... told me to take one off the YZ 250 he had under his awning. It was only then that I noticed his left forearm and hand were missing. He seemed to be one heck of a nice guy and come to find out he was born that way and ha been riding all his life and even possesed a pro license at one point! I am going back Saturday to ride and to watch these guys in action. Here is Harolds website for those interested.

http://www.onlyoneinspiration.com/

The Shop

jasonv43
5/25/2011 9:34am
dboivin wrote:

Please don't go FULL DDavis on us.

You just don't go FULL DDavis.
dboivin
5/25/2011 9:39am
dboivin wrote:

jasonv43 wrote:

i'm gonna find doug and pull off that same shot ddavis did on RV.....and then we'll do a "caption this" on tuesday. Tongue I promise it wont need photoshop tho.
35smom
5/25/2011 9:41am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2011 9:41am
I met Harold this past Sunday at Baja MX where the games are being held this coming Saturday (they have three days of racing over the...
I met Harold this past Sunday at Baja MX where the games are being held this coming Saturday (they have three days of racing over the Memorial weekend). I somehow broke a footpeg on my YZ 250 and I noticed a guy with three Yamaha's in the pits across from me so I went up and asked to borrow a peg. Harold didn't hesitate... told me to take one off the YZ 250 he had under his awning. It was only then that I noticed his left forearm and hand were missing. He seemed to be one heck of a nice guy and come to find out he was born that way and ha been riding all his life and even possesed a pro license at one point! I am going back Saturday to ride and to watch these guys in action. Here is Harolds website for those interested.

http://www.onlyoneinspiration.com/
He is a great guy would do anything for anyone. He's racing the Adaptive Limb Difference class number 248 on a Yamaha. They are actually there right now for practice later in the day.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
5/25/2011 9:43am
dboivin wrote:

jasonv43 wrote:

5/25/2011 10:40am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2011 10:41am
Justin Weeks will be there as well. he just started riding again maybe alittle over a month ago. should be some good racing. its amazing how fast these guys can still go.

it would be nice to get some decent coverage of this event. I think it deserves a class at lorettas.
ocscottie
5/25/2011 10:49am
Justin Weeks will be there as well. he just started riding again maybe alittle over a month ago. should be some good racing. its amazing how...
Justin Weeks will be there as well. he just started riding again maybe alittle over a month ago. should be some good racing. its amazing how fast these guys can still go.

it would be nice to get some decent coverage of this event. I think it deserves a class at lorettas.
Right on! I didnt know Justin was riding again? Keep us posted on how things are going with him.

I was stoked when i posted the PR about Doug this morning. Cool
dboivin
5/25/2011 10:56am
i'm no reporter but i do take some decent pic's, i'll take a notebook with me and make notes of the races and give a report come tuesday. Baja Acres is always a fun time on the big weekends (Memorial/Labor Day).
Sondy132001
5/25/2011 11:09am
dboivin wrote:
i'm no reporter but i do take some decent pic's, i'll take a notebook with me and make notes of the races and give a report...
i'm no reporter but i do take some decent pic's, i'll take a notebook with me and make notes of the races and give a report come tuesday. Baja Acres is always a fun time on the big weekends (Memorial/Labor Day).
Hey take some pics of Chris Ridgway too please, his post is a Sticky up at the top !! He races Pro I believe.

Sondra
ridge
5/25/2011 11:34am
Hey Sondy!

I'm parked right next to Doug and we were looking over the track. Good stuff. Doug is one of my long-time heros and he's always smiling. Love that guy!

BTW..It's freakin pouring rain right now and we are supposed to start practice in about 3 hours.
Sondy132001
5/25/2011 11:36am
ridge wrote:
Hey Sondy! I'm parked right next to Doug and we were looking over the track. Good stuff. Doug is one of my long-time heros and he's...
Hey Sondy!

I'm parked right next to Doug and we were looking over the track. Good stuff. Doug is one of my long-time heros and he's always smiling. Love that guy!

BTW..It's freakin pouring rain right now and we are supposed to start practice in about 3 hours.
Dude take pics and post them here so we can all feel like we're apart of the fun !! Tell Doug we said HEY and good luck, you too !

S
dboivin
5/25/2011 11:41am
yeah its been rainin on and off all day...afternoon forecast looking better. I'll have to introduce myself to chris this weekend. I'm friends with Jim Wazny so they should all be in same area i'm guessing....will run into everyone eventually.
5/25/2011 12:41pm
ocscottie wrote:
Right on! I didnt know Justin was riding again? Keep us posted on how things are going with him. I was stoked when i posted the...
Right on! I didnt know Justin was riding again? Keep us posted on how things are going with him.

its been hard to get out. raining ALOT here. they have been working with bike setup. he can shift with his left foot, but cant use his right foot for the brake. so they made a custom line for the front master cylinder to go 50/50 front and back brakes. got a seat belt for his legs. no cage.
as far as his recovery, its amazing. still uses his chair alot but gets around pretty good with arm/wrist crutches and NO braces on his legs.
i think pant saggin is going with him to make a video. so thatll be cool.
ocscottie
5/25/2011 1:35pm
ocscottie wrote:
Right on! I didnt know Justin was riding again? Keep us posted on how things are going with him. I was stoked when i posted the...

its been hard to get out. raining ALOT here. they have been working with bike setup. he can shift with his left foot, but cant use...
its been hard to get out. raining ALOT here. they have been working with bike setup. he can shift with his left foot, but cant use his right foot for the brake. so they made a custom line for the front master cylinder to go 50/50 front and back brakes. got a seat belt for his legs. no cage.
as far as his recovery, its amazing. still uses his chair alot but gets around pretty good with arm/wrist crutches and NO braces on his legs.
A good family friend of ours back in the day (Tim Aston) had a very promising career, then he got in a streetbike accident and lost his leg below the knee. He had a trick '84 KX125 that they made a rear disc brake for him and he used a hand brake on the clutch side, he still went really fast and rode the pro class. It was pretty funny, during the testing of prosthetics sometimes his leg would fall off, the looks from people watching when his leg came off were priceless! He was such a cool dude and came from a really good family, his brother Billy was a riot! Grew up with them from way back when were on 50's.
Sondy132001
5/25/2011 1:40pm
ocscottie wrote:

its been hard to get out. raining ALOT here. they have been working with bike setup. he can shift with his left foot, but cant use...
ocscottie wrote:
A good family friend of ours back in the day (Tim Aston) had a very promising career, then he got in a streetbike accident and lost...
A good family friend of ours back in the day (Tim Aston) had a very promising career, then he got in a streetbike accident and lost his leg below the knee. He had a trick '84 KX125 that they made a rear disc brake for him and he used a hand brake on the clutch side, he still went really fast and rode the pro class. It was pretty funny, during the testing of prosthetics sometimes his leg would fall off, the looks from people watching when his leg came off were priceless! He was such a cool dude and came from a really good family, his brother Billy was a riot! Grew up with them from way back when were on 50's.
Sbarrington Scottie is being humble, Tim Aston kicked ass before and after he lost his leg, he was just an amazing rider with a natural born talent to race moto. Anyone who was at Sandhill Ranch in the 80's knew Timmy and he would annihilate riders like Kehoe, Holland, Lechien on that track haha Shame he lost his leg, still fast but lost his drive along with that leg =*(

S
5/25/2011 1:51pm
Sbarrington Scottie is being humble, Tim Aston kicked ass before and after he lost his leg, he was just an amazing rider with a natural born...
Sbarrington Scottie is being humble, Tim Aston kicked ass before and after he lost his leg, he was just an amazing rider with a natural born talent to race moto. Anyone who was at Sandhill Ranch in the 80's knew Timmy and he would annihilate riders like Kehoe, Holland, Lechien on that track haha Shame he lost his leg, still fast but lost his drive along with that leg =*(

S
Justin still has his drive, and i think thats what has got him to where he is in his recovery. And like Tim, Justin will still kick ass.
35smom
5/26/2011 4:03am
ocscottie wrote:

Doug had crutches at Daytona and I too was amazed how he got around! The more support and press we give these guys will just make for an even better event next year!!

Just so you all know the "X Games" cancelled the Adaptive Class (why I dont know and did so just recently). Many of these guys were training not only for The Extremity Games but also looking to qualify for the X games....what a bummer for them.
35smom
5/26/2011 6:14am
MXVeteran.com will be videoing the event and will pass the footage onto RacerX to use also. Hopefully the rain will hold out!
dboivin
5/26/2011 6:48am
been raining non-stop all morning, forecast looks crap for today. Good thing that track can take a lot of rain, sandy base. Track will probably be ideal for saturday.
5/26/2011 8:23am
35smom wrote:
Doug had crutches at Daytona and I too was amazed how he got around! The more support and press we give these guys will just make...
Doug had crutches at Daytona and I too was amazed how he got around! The more support and press we give these guys will just make for an even better event next year!!

Just so you all know the "X Games" cancelled the Adaptive Class (why I dont know and did so just recently). Many of these guys were training not only for The Extremity Games but also looking to qualify for the X games....what a bummer for them.
wow, i did not know that about xgames. thats a bummer.

mxsports needs to step it up and make a class for loretta lynns. even if its a combined para/amputee at first to see how it does.

Post a reply to: extremity games - Henry

The Latest