cycle news archives?

JustMX
Edited Date/Time 11/5/2014 11:16am
Anybody here using the cycle news archives?

I have my old issues going back to 1978. They have not stored well because of frequent moves and the humid south.

I was going to start digging through them but while looking at the pictures of the BETA 300 i noticed they had an archive section. You can subscripe to each decade for a $4.99 annual subscription.

Wondering if anybody has used them, and if so, what quality are they? do they show ads and the coverage for all the local events?

Might trash the print copies and go digital if i can pull up the few times it showed me ruling the Motocross racing at the Calhoun, Georgia KOA Kampground.
|
Parris
11/5/2014 5:59am
I thought about it too. I have so many other things going on right now. I know if I subscribe I will spend hours looking at the old Cycle News. I did some racing at that track back around 1982. I grew up in Marietta and the KOA was just off I-75 from what I remember kinda ???. I remember going to the riders meeting at the KOA and the owner wanted to know who washed their race equipment of in the shower . I sure that Georgia red clay made one hell of a mess.
cz2crf2wc
11/5/2014 6:05am
I used it and it was cool going back over the early 70's and seeing my race results. The old ads and their prices were worth it also.
JustMX
11/5/2014 6:51am
Parris wrote:
I thought about it too. I have so many other things going on right now. I know if I subscribe I will spend hours looking at...
I thought about it too. I have so many other things going on right now. I know if I subscribe I will spend hours looking at the old Cycle News. I did some racing at that track back around 1982. I grew up in Marietta and the KOA was just off I-75 from what I remember kinda ???. I remember going to the riders meeting at the KOA and the owner wanted to know who washed their race equipment of in the shower . I sure that Georgia red clay made one hell of a mess.
LOL

yeah the old man that ran it would ask riders not to roost going over the mole hill jumps because he had a hard time fixing them with his little kubota.

$5 to practice when they weren't running races.

of course, it was barely "prepped " on race days.

baked blue groove in California has nothing on Georgia red clay in August.

you could bend a railroad spike trying to stake down a tarp (pre ez-up shade)
Bauer
11/5/2014 7:04am
The archives are awesome. You can search any name, any decade and every mention of them comes up. The longer it takes to display the search results, the more badass the person searched was...Best five bucks you'll ever spend!

The Shop

PN27416
11/5/2014 9:10am
I have a current subscription. But am really waiting for them to do east. Then I can see my name in results and am after a certain issue.
mx317
11/5/2014 10:26am
Yep, need the East side also.
JustMX
11/5/2014 11:16am
Am I understanding that they have not archived "cycle news east"?

anybody remember exactly when they went to the single issue, 1980 or after that?

wish I had a couple of the "WDCHTHTDIIC" shirts they sold.

Post a reply to: cycle news archives?

The Latest