gpracer36
Edited Date/Time 11/21/2012 12:43pm
1st, kx
2nd, crf
3rd, yz
4th, ktm 450
5th, ktm 350
6th, rmz

kind of funny, reverse of the Racer X shootout pretty much. Cant wait to hear all the conspiracy theory’s out there...
|
nytsmaC
11/20/2012 8:40am
Wow, surprised. It kind of goes to show that depending on the test rider and the track any of these bikes can be a winner, they're all that good. The KX seems to be consistently at the top however between the different shootouts so far.
gpracer36
11/20/2012 8:45am
one thing worth noting, they rode more than one track and also rode glen helen, more credible than the racer x shootout, i mean ride day
sozo
11/20/2012 9:28am
How did MXA rate them ????
11/20/2012 9:37am
every review is subjective - pay about as much attention to them as the newspapers.

want to know which bike is best? Go ride them.

The Shop

varagon
11/20/2012 9:41am
Not everyone has the opprotunity to ride each bike.
peelout
11/20/2012 10:01am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2012 1:45pm
gpracer36 wrote:
1st, kx 2nd, crf 3rd, yz 4th, ktm 450 5th, ktm 350 6th, rmz kind of funny, reverse of the Racer X shootout pretty much. Cant...
1st, kx
2nd, crf
3rd, yz
4th, ktm 450
5th, ktm 350
6th, rmz

kind of funny, reverse of the Racer X shootout pretty much. Cant wait to hear all the conspiracy theory’s out there...
i look at it more like a prediction of the supercross series points in Vegas at the end of 2013 season

1st, KX, RV
2nd, CRF, CR
3rd, YZ, lolz just kidding
4th, KTM450, Dungey (probably 3rd though)
5th, KTM350, Pourcel (farting noises)
6th, RMZ, Stewderp
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
11/20/2012 10:36am
I would go with the lightest one - CRF. It's funny that this seems to be one of the factors they don't take into consideration.
newmann
11/20/2012 12:29pm
burn1986 wrote:
I would go with the lightest one - CRF. It's funny that this seems to be one of the factors they don't take into consideration.
I would take the Honda for the weight. And I would ditch the twice pipes for a single ti and carbon setup. And it would be loud, it's a race bike dammit. It would have to be fed a huge diet of ti, carbon and magnesium to get it well below the ama minimum weight limit. Engine mods, well it wouldn't need any for my old slow self, maybe a detune if anything.
kiwifan
11/20/2012 12:31pm
Motorcycle News had the same top 2, so at the moment RacerX is the exception....we shall see what the others say, MXA cant be far away.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/20/2012 12:48pm
newmann wrote:
And then I wake up....
Ha, I thought you were dreaming...or had made a huge change in your tastes. Wink
MX558
11/20/2012 4:28pm
varagon wrote:
Not everyone has the opprotunity to ride each bike.
Just ask someone at the track I do it all the time. My friends laugh their ass's off at me when I'm riding someone Else's bike. Plus it keeps hrs. off mine. haha
brimx153
11/20/2012 5:06pm
to have the rmz last is laughable , and i am a honda rider , there seem s to be a lot of people out there that think since the rmz has nt changed majorly in a good few years its a bad thing ,i still think the 08 honda crf 450 is the best production bike ever built , the suzuki comes closest to it ,plus the rmz turns better , weight is nt every thing , the rmz is nearly the heaviest , but it is well know it handles the best , (if it aint broke don t fix it ) , the rmz might not be the best bike for eveyone in the class , but having the bike last out of the list , makes this list totally not credible imo
kiwifan
11/20/2012 5:44pm
brimx153 wrote:
to have the rmz last is laughable , and i am a honda rider , there seem s to be a lot of people out there...
to have the rmz last is laughable , and i am a honda rider , there seem s to be a lot of people out there that think since the rmz has nt changed majorly in a good few years its a bad thing ,i still think the 08 honda crf 450 is the best production bike ever built , the suzuki comes closest to it ,plus the rmz turns better , weight is nt every thing , the rmz is nearly the heaviest , but it is well know it handles the best , (if it aint broke don t fix it ) , the rmz might not be the best bike for eveyone in the class , but having the bike last out of the list , makes this list totally not credible imo
well if you read the article it does state that although rated 6th you could easily win on it. but thats the problem with todays bike there really isnt a real bad bike out there (unless you are a national pro in which case you would likely notice a difference).... which bike often comes down to reliability, delaer support, contiingency programmes, brand loyatly, etc rather than the actual bike performance itself.
brimx153
11/20/2012 6:04pm
brimx153 wrote:
to have the rmz last is laughable , and i am a honda rider , there seem s to be a lot of people out there...
kiwifan wrote:
well if you read the article it does state that although rated 6th you could easily win on it. but thats the problem with todays bike...
well if you read the article it does state that although rated 6th you could easily win on it. but thats the problem with todays bike there really isnt a real bad bike out there (unless you are a national pro in which case you would likely notice a difference).... which bike often comes down to reliability, delaer support, contiingency programmes, brand loyatly, etc rather than the actual bike performance itself.
totally agree with the reliability point , thats how i choose my bike s , and your right there is nt a bad bike out there , but there is a few unreliable out there , even if honda was last every year in a shootout id still buy it for its reliability , but this yr id be really worried about the forks , time will tell
fader418
11/20/2012 7:40pm
I would just buy a 2 stroke. Problem solved Smile
dizzy8085
11/20/2012 7:43pm
fader418 wrote:
Because 2 strokes never break.

Go jump off a bridge.
jmar
11/20/2012 7:52pm
As always, the Honda is a very good place to start.
BAMX
11/20/2012 7:59pm
jmar wrote:
They are all a good place to start.
jmar
11/20/2012 8:20pm
jmar wrote:
BAMX wrote:
But not as good as the Honda.

The Honda has always been a machine of quality engineering and attention to detail. It's also the best bike as a starting point as far as handling.
orangecrush
11/20/2012 8:42pm
jmar wrote:
BAMX wrote:
jmar wrote:
But not as good as the Honda. The Honda has always been a machine of quality engineering and attention to detail. It's also the best bike...

The Honda has always been a machine of quality engineering and attention to detail. It's also the best bike as a starting point as far as handling.
Keep telling yourself this. Your comment is Laughable as I've poured more $$ into my honda's to make them work properly than all other colors combined. Quality engineering my ass.
peelout
11/20/2012 8:58pm
BAMX wrote:
jmar wrote:
But not as good as the Honda. The Honda has always been a machine of quality engineering and attention to detail. It's also the best bike...

Keep telling yourself this. Your comment is Laughable as I've poured more $$ into my honda's to make them work properly than all other colors combined...
Keep telling yourself this. Your comment is Laughable as I've poured more $$ into my honda's to make them work properly than all other colors combined. Quality engineering my ass.
Ever ridden an '07 or' 08?

Best bikes Honda has released to the public (post 4 stroke revolution)
orangecrush
11/20/2012 9:04pm
jmar wrote:

Keep telling yourself this. Your comment is Laughable as I've poured more $$ into my honda's to make them work properly than all other colors combined...
peelout wrote:

let me correct myself. the 09-13 generaton. we back on the same page? 08 was a good year.
malachi177
11/20/2012 10:32pm
jmar wrote:

Honda quality is sooo true! My buddy has his own bike shop. His bread and butter is repairing those ultra reliable Uni-cam engines...good job Honda my friend loves them, it keeps him in business..and as for the best bike for handling???? Honda's aren't yellow dude.
jock
Fantasy
1st
11/20/2012 11:53pm
jmar wrote:

peelout wrote:

I have an 06 Peely and love it. Not planning on selling it anytime soon.
Huckster
11/21/2012 3:50am
jmar wrote:
BAMX wrote:
jmar wrote:

not knocking your opinion but have you ridden a 09-12 honda and any other bike out there? I have a 12 crf and it does not even come close to turning/handling as good as my 09 suzuki did. I also just came off a 350 and that bike handles so much better than the Honda. I have clamps, knuckle and suspension done on my CRF and it is not as good as a stock suzuki IMHO....
fader418
11/21/2012 5:27am
fader418 wrote:
dizzy8085 wrote:

Go jump off a bridge.
Well it can break 3 times and be a lot cheaper than a popper breaking once...
gotwings
11/21/2012 6:20am Edited Date/Time 11/21/2012 6:21am
malachi177 wrote:
Honda quality is sooo true! My buddy has his own bike shop. His bread and butter is repairing those ultra reliable Uni-cam engines...good job Honda my...
Honda quality is sooo true! My buddy has his own bike shop. His bread and butter is repairing those ultra reliable Uni-cam engines...good job Honda my friend loves them, it keeps him in business..and as for the best bike for handling???? Honda's aren't yellow dude.
100 % false. I have an '09 450 with 252 hours on it and the valves have never even needed to be shimmed, i ride 40+ expert, and the thing has never seen a trail, strictly moto. 0 issues.
newmann
11/21/2012 6:46am
jmar wrote:
BAMX wrote:
jmar wrote:

The 1976 CR250 was such an obsolete machine that Honda discontinued it for 1977.

That 23 inch front wheel was an engineering marvel as well. And those 12 inch travel 37mm diameter forks flexed like overcooked spaghetti. Chopper style!

After years of having the absolute trickest open class works bikes on the planet, they offered this to the public in 1981. Weighed more than a modern 450....and that's f'n heavy! Ill handling, poorly suspended, moto that broke before being uncrated....

Because we NEEDED aluminum frames... I introduce to you the 1997 CR250. Assembled from salvage of the failed aluminum bridge in Japan.

And after being known for the most reliable four strokes on the planet, they offered up the 2002 CRF450 that sucked the valves into the head in record time. Honda even released a statement to some owners that valve replacement should be considered routine maintenance. LOL

CRF505
11/21/2012 9:15am
fader418 wrote:
dizzy8085 wrote:

Go jump off a bridge.
Haha! Thank you for posting this so the rest of us don't have to.

Post a reply to: cycle news 2013 450 shootout

The Latest