coulda woulda shoulda

Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 7:52pm
While France should have taken the win, Cairoli should have been up there creating a fight at the front and the UK should have walked into an easy podium (possibly a win) I gotta take my hat off to the USA team.

Paul Malin summed it up perfectly with his comments about the team pulling it out of the bag in the 3rd moto, every other serious challenger lost the race and USA were there on the day to take it.

To be honest though it was won by 2 men and not a team.

I wish RV was fucking English lol.

Congrats
|
Ing
9/19/2011 6:40am
It was won by a TEAM of 3 people. BB was on that team and an integral part.

The Shop

burnside
9/19/2011 8:02am
While France should have taken the win, Cairoli should have been up there creating a fight at the front and the UK should have walked into...
While France should have taken the win, Cairoli should have been up there creating a fight at the front and the UK should have walked into an easy podium (possibly a win) I gotta take my hat off to the USA team.

Paul Malin summed it up perfectly with his comments about the team pulling it out of the bag in the 3rd moto, every other serious challenger lost the race and USA were there on the day to take it.

Congrats
haha. Yeah, shame RV's not English eh. ha. I was gutted Wilson didn't put in better performances, he should have been a safe top 3 in his class at least. Who'd have predicted his crap results? Thought it would be one of Brad's results we'd have to toss. Searle rode awesome though, esp in moto3. After years of Tim Henman'esq type UK pros we've had to root for, I like how solid and dependable Searle is. If Wilson hadn't bust his wrist we'd have nabbed a podium for sure.

Although America took the cake, one of the biggest individual winners had to be Roczen! What the hell. Beat Ryan Dungey for christs sake.
9/19/2011 8:17am
@ Burnside - Roczen all the way, what a rider and what a ride - if Nagl had been about the story of the podium would have been different, the variables seemed to play a real part in the outcome.

@ st ann more, gs pointer and the universe - why bother commenting then? sorry if my post isn't up to your usual expected high quality.
carlosmacho
9/19/2011 8:28am
While France should have taken the win, Cairoli should have been up there creating a fight at the front and the UK should have walked into...

Congrats
I'm sorry, you must not understand the concept of a team. Without Bagget, the US would have lost plain and simple. They would not be able to produce enough points to win. So Bagget did his share. Cannard had a similar problem in the MXON, bad starts but we know both Blake and Trey are two of the fastest riders on the planet and if put on to a b team for next year would have no problems competing against the Euros and beating them, just as our B teams we have sent in the past have done.

Your attempt to discredit Bagget is pretty dumb, if you think you could have done better, I would like to see you on the English team and then we would not have to worry about the English winning in the next MXON.

I will say Searle did a good job on the 450, good job. Dean like Bagget seemed to fold under the pressure and have some bad luck, but they are both some of the fastest guys on the planet. Congrats to both of them.
PaleBlue
9/19/2011 8:35am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2011 8:37am

Congrats
I'm sorry, you must not understand the concept of a team. Without Bagget, the US would have lost plain and simple. They would not be able...
I'm sorry, you must not understand the concept of a team. Without Bagget, the US would have lost plain and simple. They would not be able to produce enough points to win. So Bagget did his share. Cannard had a similar problem in the MXON, bad starts but we know both Blake and Trey are two of the fastest riders on the planet and if put on to a b team for next year would have no problems competing against the Euros and beating them, just as our B teams we have sent in the past have done.

Your attempt to discredit Bagget is pretty dumb, if you think you could have done better, I would like to see you on the English team and then we would not have to worry about the English winning in the next MXON.

I will say Searle did a good job on the 450, good job. Dean like Bagget seemed to fold under the pressure and have some bad luck, but they are both some of the fastest guys on the planet. Congrats to both of them.
You Clueless, are the first person on this thread to even mention Blake. Confused or what?Laughing

Broken wrist = folding? No matter how low my estimation of you, you still manage to slide in underneath.
9/19/2011 8:37am

Congrats
I'm sorry, you must not understand the concept of a team. Without Bagget, the US would have lost plain and simple. They would not be able...

i think the reason dean did not look 100% would be down to the fact that he had a broken scaphoid in his wristDry
9/19/2011 8:39am
hey I call it how I see it, end of story - and it's not an attempt to discredit Bagget - more of an approval of just how good RV and RD were - if you weren't so quick to go on the offensive and soaked a little more info up then you may have seen the detail in the text.

BTW if a "B team" was sent, I seriously doubt the success would come your way and even you must be able to see that - long gone are those days and this was proven in the light of day this weekend - it was a good race that could have gone many ways, there were more serious possibilities than normal I thought.
carlosmacho
9/19/2011 8:39am
ElliottG61 wrote:
i think the reason dean did not look 100% would be down to the fact that he had a broken scaphoid in his wristDry
I heard he was injured. That's too bad, if that is true he is going to be out a while.
carlosmacho
9/19/2011 8:44am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2011 8:44am
hey I call it how I see it, end of story - and it's not an attempt to discredit Bagget - more of an approval of...
hey I call it how I see it, end of story - and it's not an attempt to discredit Bagget - more of an approval of just how good RV and RD were - if you weren't so quick to go on the offensive and soaked a little more info up then you may have seen the detail in the text.

BTW if a "B team" was sent, I seriously doubt the success would come your way and even you must be able to see that - long gone are those days and this was proven in the light of day this weekend - it was a good race that could have gone many ways, there were more serious possibilities than normal I thought.
We sent Dungey, a then 250 rider, Weimer and Tedesco, we still beat ya. Cairoli choked then as well.
Bubba, Canard and another one of our rookies (the new one on the Honda that has been doing well) I bet we still could have won, or better yet, would would defiantly be in contention (especially seeing how your riders self distructed.

Personally I like the Russians. I will be pulling for Bobo Fett in the future.
eb313
9/19/2011 8:55am
It truly could have gone many different ways this year, USA got the breaks we needed to win.
9/19/2011 10:37am
We got the breaks we needed? I see it as we gave everybody else the break. After bagget wins his qualifier who would of thought he would go down that many times in the races and finish where he did in both motos. We all know he is capable as he proved saturday. If he puts in one top 5 ride it wouldn't of been close. Congrats to TEAM USA. It's a TEAM event and they did it as a TEAM.
carlosmacho
9/19/2011 10:47am
Bandito121 wrote:
We got the breaks we needed? I see it as we gave everybody else the break. After bagget wins his qualifier who would of thought he...
We got the breaks we needed? I see it as we gave everybody else the break. After bagget wins his qualifier who would of thought he would go down that many times in the races and finish where he did in both motos. We all know he is capable as he proved saturday. If he puts in one top 5 ride it wouldn't of been close. Congrats to TEAM USA. It's a TEAM event and they did it as a TEAM.
^What he said
Zildjian
9/19/2011 12:34pm

Congrats
You do realize that even if CP won the last moto and RV and RD finished 2nd and 3rd, team USA still would have won, right?

No? Well do the math, they would have.

"Should" have won is the wrong wording. They lost, there was no should.

Post a reply to: coulda woulda shoulda

The Latest