come on America... get real !

Julian
Edited Date/Time 9/13/2015 3:18pm
Listen folks, I am American, I am from Georgia, just simply now living in Europe,

ok, having said that, I am watching the first 250 moto in Mantova, sitting here in Croatia, a few hours from the track.....

I am listenen to Paul Malin and RV.

Paul hints that Covington is just not doing well and asks RV for his opinion.....

and RV says oh Covington is doing really well.

Fact is Covington is NOT doing really well.

Really well, my friends means very good, you know.... as in Very Well !

The USA people need very much to get back to reality, I know about the politically correct environment etc, etc,

but please USA, get back in gear..... we (the USA) are really looking silly out there when we consistently carry on in this silly manner of refusing to call a spade a spade. If we just refuse to say that someone is bad when he is bad, it just looks stupid !

come on, please.....
|
8/23/2015 4:59am
Non American here, I see your point, there is a lot of pressure put on Covington that way, saying everythings fine when im pretty sure he himself feel hes not doing what he should. Just say it like it is, ok this year went to shit, we'll regroup and come back swinging next year. He'll be fine, he got the speed, just need to build a good environment around him
Julian
8/23/2015 5:05am
Now that is what I am talking about, leave it to a Swede.

The Swedish are certainly a people who just tell it the way it is.

And please my fellow Americans, don't use the ---- Well RV is also on Team Kawa, and he is just protecting his fellow team mate, you know what I mean, Americans - we need to just get more real in our thinking and our comments, otherwise the Euros are just laughing at us when we say stuff like Covington is doing GREAT, look at the standings............
8/23/2015 5:07am
Well was anyone expecting Covington to be a top contender? I don't believe he was a top amateur in America or anything. He's had some good rides, and I believe RV said something to the effect of he's doing well for a young guy in a different environment and it would take him a few years to get comfortable. I don't see anything worthy of bitching about there.
Julian
8/23/2015 5:16am
except when you put things into perspective: the well-used excuses like well the poor guy is in a foreign environment with different languages and different food and different tracks and different dirt (in my mind) just does not work, that is just bull shit..... The guys have ridden on all sorts of tracks and dirt for years and years and years, who cares if the dirt is in Italy or in Sweden, those excuses are lame. When Trampas Parker came over to Europe he never even thought of creating an excuse like the ones I have been hearing about the POOR Americans who come OVER TO EUROPE and have to make so many adjustments and therefore are excused from riding well, that is all nonsense.

We (Americans) need to stop making excuses

Just Ask Trampas Parker about "different environent" etc... if you dont believe me

and it has nothing to do with anyone expecting Covington to be a top contender..... my comment was about making excuses and has nothing to do with expectations

The Shop

Twist1
8/23/2015 5:51am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2015 5:52am
An occurring theme of "us versus them", meaning the US against the world is always present.. So to not pussy foot around...The US spent decades developing riders that could race with the worlds best. Then, the US found it's global dominance and has held that for several decades. Currently, we are fighting for victory, and it is hard to come by.

FOOTNOTE- If anyone honestly thinks that RV's GP efforts were definitive proof of anything, they are mistaken. A healthy, focused RV at 100% would have very quickly dominated. He is that good. Everts is the only guy in 20 years that had the talent of a JS7, RC, or RV.

people need to quit bashing podium speeches and official comments. this is business, and then their are personalities. let's talk about paint drying instead.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
8/23/2015 6:00am
He is doing well for him, but in general, no.
h&m_cycle
8/23/2015 6:07am
He wouldn't have that ride if it wasn't for his dad VP Monster Energy Sports... pretty good record at Loretta's... 3 titles...
http://llvault.racerxonline.com/rider/thomas-covington/races

He could get a ride over here... If he works & trains hard he's a second tier rider... RV knows that and has made
a lot of money working with Thomas's dad... https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mitch-covington/8/724/535
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/23/2015 6:28am
This thread is not doing really well.
Sandberm
8/23/2015 6:34am
Julian wrote:
Listen folks, I am American, I am from Georgia, just simply now living in Europe, ok, having said that, I am watching the first 250 moto...
Listen folks, I am American, I am from Georgia, just simply now living in Europe,

ok, having said that, I am watching the first 250 moto in Mantova, sitting here in Croatia, a few hours from the track.....

Paul hints that Covington is just not doing well and asks RV for his opinion.....

The USA people need very much to get back to reality, I know about the politically correct environment etc, etc,

but please USA, get back in gear..... we (the USA) are really looking silly out there when we consistently carry on in this silly manner of refusing to call a spade a spade. If we just refuse to say that someone is bad when he is bad, it just looks stupid !

come on, please.....
Please stay in Poland,

Sincerely, The USA People
TeamGreen
8/23/2015 6:39am
So...

1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty?

Or STFU?
Cygnus
8/23/2015 6:46am
The world needs gate fillers.
ATKpilot99
8/23/2015 6:54am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2015 6:54am
GuyB wrote:
This thread is not doing really well.
Ah let it play out a bit , within a page or two it will become a full fledged AMA vs GP shit flinging contest . Smile
newmann
8/23/2015 6:54am
TeamGreen wrote:
So...

1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty?

Or STFU?
The damn thing is twice as big as it needs to be!
TeamGreen
8/23/2015 7:12am
TeamGreen wrote:
So...

1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty?

Or STFU?
newmann wrote:
The damn thing is twice as big as it needs to be!
Neck it down or put a Mikuni 34mm on it?
PalerBlue
8/23/2015 7:34am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2015 7:35am
Oh man! You just CAN'T criticize the U.S.A. here. If you carry on like this you'll get branded as a "Hater" and get "clicked". You have been warned !

(however feel free to go over to the Non-Moto section and refer to the entire U.S. black population as "animals" - that's safe from getting you thrown out).
TDeath21
8/23/2015 7:39am
Or, you know, you could decide to not judge a country of 300 million people based on a select few.
hillbilly
8/23/2015 7:43am
Julian wrote:
Listen folks, I am American, I am from Georgia, just simply now living in Europe, ok, having said that, I am watching the first 250 moto...

come on, please.....
Go eat a bag of polock dicks,hopefully real well.
Julian
8/23/2015 7:44am
11 10 5 5 7 7 21 16 14 12 14 14 7 10 DNS DNS 24 22 26 DNS 13 17 14 9 24 17 19 10

that is what Covington has done so far this year, moto by moto

But now after reading some replies to this thread yes I get it, everyone has to say what he has to say to get what he wants, RV is still tied to a contract with Monster where Covingtons dad works so, well, RV is going to say that Covington has been doing GREAT regardless of the truth.

By the way, in the second moto Covington was back in 17th and I see he has been moving up, now 7th, so he is moving up this time around.
Julian
8/23/2015 7:51am
which brings me to my original point....

what if,,,, what if he were to actually move from 17th up to 3rd, for example

everyone would be saying,,,, wow that was great Thomas, you did great, moving from 17th to 3rd. good job !!!

but then if we already know he did GREAT the whole year, (according to RV).. then what really does the GREAT mean on this day in Mantova ?

You must have a good and bad. There must be a black and white, a good and bad, you know what I mean.

If there is no good and bad, then when someone does well, it does not mean anything.

You have to be able to actually do poorly before you can be able to do well.

If everybody just says that a ride does great all the time, then before long nothing means anything anymore

ATKpilot99
8/23/2015 7:56am
RV should take the RC approach when he said if Broc Tickle were going any slower he would tip over. Laughing
lestat
8/23/2015 8:08am
Julian wrote:
which brings me to my original point.... what if,,,, what if he were to actually move from 17th up to 3rd, for example everyone would be...
which brings me to my original point....

what if,,,, what if he were to actually move from 17th up to 3rd, for example

everyone would be saying,,,, wow that was great Thomas, you did great, moving from 17th to 3rd. good job !!!

but then if we already know he did GREAT the whole year, (according to RV).. then what really does the GREAT mean on this day in Mantova ?

You must have a good and bad. There must be a black and white, a good and bad, you know what I mean.

If there is no good and bad, then when someone does well, it does not mean anything.

You have to be able to actually do poorly before you can be able to do well.

If everybody just says that a ride does great all the time, then before long nothing means anything anymore

what you are referring to is the everybody gets a trophy mentality . everybody is awesome all the time .
Julian
8/23/2015 8:09am
news: Covington finishes 2nd moto in 6th position,

That was GREAT Thomas !
8/23/2015 8:09am
He was decent in amateurs, but he couldn't keep up with guys like Bisceglia, Hampshire, or Mcelrath... They are all top 10 guys in the US. If Covington couldn't beat our 10th place guys, why would he be expected to beat GP 10th place guys?
TeamGreen
8/23/2015 8:11am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2015 8:13am
He was decent in amateurs, but he couldn't keep up with guys like Bisceglia, Hampshire, or Mcelrath... They are all top 10 guys in the US...
He was decent in amateurs, but he couldn't keep up with guys like Bisceglia, Hampshire, or Mcelrath... They are all top 10 guys in the US. If Covington couldn't beat our 10th place guys, why would he be expected to beat GP 10th place guys?
So, he couldn't have trained with say...Johnny O...& improve his skills?
8/23/2015 8:32am
Julian wrote:
Now that is what I am talking about, leave it to a Swede. The Swedish are certainly a people who just tell it the way it...
Now that is what I am talking about, leave it to a Swede.

The Swedish are certainly a people who just tell it the way it is.

And please my fellow Americans, don't use the ---- Well RV is also on Team Kawa, and he is just protecting his fellow team mate, you know what I mean, Americans - we need to just get more real in our thinking and our comments, otherwise the Euros are just laughing at us when we say stuff like Covington is doing GREAT, look at the standings............
If you and the other sheep fuckers over there in Poland and Europe don't like what Americans have to say, use your brain for once and put the volume on mute.
Trav138
8/23/2015 8:57am
It's his weekly bitch fest. Last week "Americans" didn't know to build tracks but thankfully Julian showed up and laid out a blue print to educate us on track building lol
8/23/2015 9:12am
PalerBlue wrote:
Oh man! You just CAN'T criticize the U.S.A. here. If you carry on like this you'll get branded as a "Hater" and get "clicked". You have...
Oh man! You just CAN'T criticize the U.S.A. here. If you carry on like this you'll get branded as a "Hater" and get "clicked". You have been warned !

(however feel free to go over to the Non-Moto section and refer to the entire U.S. black population as "animals" - that's safe from getting you thrown out).
thats so true

Post a reply to: come on America... get real !

The Latest