christophe pourcel?

Edited Date/Time 12/10/2014 8:30am
does anyone have any updates on him? has he got a ride for supercross in january? i know he's been doing the euro supercrosses racing for bud racing. Not heard anything in relation to him having a ride in america?

REALLY hope we get to see him out there- he's too good to be sat on the sidelines!!
|
Spydee
12/9/2014 5:14am Edited Date/Time 12/9/2014 5:14am
I believe this is the most recent news we've heard from him... I'm sure someone will correct me if otherwise.

Racer X

So what’s the plan for 2015?

I was talking to Kawi and I wanted to go to the 450 team, but they chose Wil Hahn. It was hard for me to accept, but they made their decision, and I told them I understood and that they had to move on. For me now it is about sticking with the bike I like. If I feel I have a bike I can win with, then I will go for it. If someone gets hurt or a team needs me to fill in for the supercross, I’m not sure I can be where I want to be. There is no point in me riding just to be a top-ten guy. So for the moment I’m not riding the supercross [championship]. I have a few contacts for the nationals and we’ll see. If I don’t race supercross then I will probably do what I did this year, except I want to do a lot better. I don't want to fight against the bike. I want to have fun.
12/9/2014 5:26am
yeah i read that- i was hoping somebody might have something more recent? was kinda hoping that we might hear an announcement that he's got a ride on a kawi team for supercross?!

looking very unlikely now (unless bud racing decide to support him through supercross)
ehr400
12/9/2014 5:33am Edited Date/Time 12/9/2014 5:34am
Only one side of the pond always backing him.

The Shop

Spydee
12/9/2014 5:33am
Just had a quick google and that interview seems to be the most recent up until this point in time.. unless GuyB or someone close to the industry is able to share more info, I think it's safe to say with A1 only a couple of weeks away, he won't be on the gate (not on a competitive bike at least, anyway).
12/9/2014 6:16am Edited Date/Time 12/9/2014 6:18am
Spydee wrote:
Just had a quick google and that interview seems to be the most recent up until this point in time.. unless GuyB or someone close to...
Just had a quick google and that interview seems to be the most recent up until this point in time.. unless GuyB or someone close to the industry is able to share more info, I think it's safe to say with A1 only a couple of weeks away, he won't be on the gate (not on a competitive bike at least, anyway).
probably right- be a shame, maybe he will race the other coast in the 250 class?

its beyond stupid that a rider wins races, has several podiums and finishes top 5 in the outdoor series, then cant get a decent ride for supercross!!! (especially given his pedigree indoors)

jpred
12/9/2014 6:23am
Spydee wrote:
Just had a quick google and that interview seems to be the most recent up until this point in time.. unless GuyB or someone close to...
probably right- be a shame, maybe he will race the other coast in the 250 class? its beyond stupid that a rider wins races, has several...
probably right- be a shame, maybe he will race the other coast in the 250 class?

its beyond stupid that a rider wins races, has several podiums and finishes top 5 in the outdoor series, then cant get a decent ride for supercross!!! (especially given his pedigree indoors)

I agree but times are tight! Lots of talent too...
12/9/2014 7:02am
AC will not be racing SX, if CP had a good enough relationship with PC then maybe there are already little chats happening
12/9/2014 7:15am
AC will not be racing SX, if CP had a good enough relationship with PC then maybe there are already little chats happening
I believe he is pointed out of 250SX with 2 championships.
IWreckALot
12/9/2014 7:19am
Spydee wrote:
probably right- be a shame, maybe he will race the other coast in the 250 class? its beyond stupid that a rider wins races, has several...

jpred wrote:
Yeah this and it seems like he's probably looking for a very specific deal. That's not an easy combination to land a deal.

I'd be curious to see what Reed thinks of CP. . . If CP thinks Kawi is the right bike and CP wasn't hung up on a specific contractual deal otherwise, it seems like Reed could structure a heavy win bonus contract. But my guess is CP doesn't want the uncertain money. He'd rather have a high salary without many clauses.
12/9/2014 7:30am
I believe he is pointed out of 250SX with 2 championships.
DAMN I FORGOT ABOUT THAT
12/9/2014 7:56am

jpred wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Yeah this and it seems like he's probably looking for a very specific deal. That's not an easy combination to land a deal. I'd be curious...
Yeah this and it seems like he's probably looking for a very specific deal. That's not an easy combination to land a deal.

I'd be curious to see what Reed thinks of CP. . . If CP thinks Kawi is the right bike and CP wasn't hung up on a specific contractual deal otherwise, it seems like Reed could structure a heavy win bonus contract. But my guess is CP doesn't want the uncertain money. He'd rather have a high salary without many clauses.
isnt that what the pro circuit contracts are like though? small salary, big bonuses? seemed to work out ok for him when he rode for them!!!

is that right about him 'pointing out'? (due to winning 2 titles?) of the 250 class?
Jimfunn
12/9/2014 8:08am

jpred wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Yeah this and it seems like he's probably looking for a very specific deal. That's not an easy combination to land a deal. I'd be curious...

in one of his recent interviews, he mentioned that as long as he has win bonus then salary is not as important as he expects to win.
peelout
12/9/2014 8:22am
Spydee wrote:
I believe this is the most recent news we've heard from him... I'm sure someone will correct me if otherwise. [url=http://racerxonline.com/2014/11/18/250-words-christophe-pourcel]Racer X[/url] [b]So what’s the plan...
I believe this is the most recent news we've heard from him... I'm sure someone will correct me if otherwise.

Racer X

So what’s the plan for 2015?

I was talking to Kawi and I wanted to go to the 450 team, but they chose Wil Hahn. It was hard for me to accept, but they made their decision, and I told them I understood and that they had to move on. For me now it is about sticking with the bike I like. If I feel I have a bike I can win with, then I will go for it. If someone gets hurt or a team needs me to fill in for the supercross, I’m not sure I can be where I want to be. There is no point in me riding just to be a top-ten guy. So for the moment I’m not riding the supercross [championship]. I have a few contacts for the nationals and we’ll see. If I don’t race supercross then I will probably do what I did this year, except I want to do a lot better. I don't want to fight against the bike. I want to have fun.
i must have missed that interview, great read and makes me like him even more.

one interesting tid-bit i thought was mentioning that Chad Reed was switching to Ohlins... i had not heard that before
IWreckALot
12/9/2014 8:27am
jpred wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:

Jimfunn wrote:
in one of his recent interviews, he mentioned that as long as he has win bonus then salary is not as important as he expects to...
in one of his recent interviews, he mentioned that as long as he has win bonus then salary is not as important as he expects to win.
I keep wondering what Reed is doing with all the guys on his team. I know that costs a LOT of money to have the empire he's built. There are seemingly enough guys there to service an additional rider without hiring anyone else. So if the salary isn't much of an issue and Reed already has the personnel, what does he have to lose?

I've said this a few times but I just have to believe that he's about to throw stupid money at a top tier rider. . . And the only one available next year is Dungey I believe.

I've made a lot of assumptions in my post and I know nothing about anything. Just trying to make logic work in my head.
12/9/2014 8:59am
Pourcel won't ride the 2015 SX season.

But he could be behind the gate for the great outdoors on a 250 KX-F with the support of team Bud Racing.
Gebken40
12/9/2014 9:18am
His place in Florida is for sale....
Olson
12/9/2014 9:20am
Gebken40 wrote:
His place in Florida is for sale....
It's been for two years...
GATOR
12/9/2014 9:21am
shame
shame
shame

did he not prove himself this year? wtf
I laugh so much my ribs hurt.
jamma10
12/9/2014 9:23am
Gator have you got a Christophe Pourcel alert app on your phone or something? Never takes you long to sniff out a Pourcel thread Smile
Olson
12/9/2014 9:32am
jamma10 wrote:
Gator have you got a Christophe Pourcel alert app on your phone or something? Never takes you long to sniff out a Pourcel thread Smile
Gator got taken out by Pourcel when they were on pw50s and he's been holding a grudge since.
tek14
12/9/2014 10:08am
Grant will be side lined latest Anaheim 2.. CP could do some replacement rides at east coast to keep pace for outdoors.
IWreckALot
12/9/2014 10:52am
Do we have a bi weekly mandatory pourcel post now?

Yes, and a quad-weekly Stewart thread.
mx836
12/9/2014 11:32am
tek14 wrote:
Grant will be side lined latest Anaheim 2.. CP could do some replacement rides at east coast to keep pace for outdoors.
TwoTwo has a fill-in rider already. Nice slam on JG though.
12/9/2014 11:34am
tek14 wrote:
mx836 wrote:
TwoTwo has a fill-in rider already. Nice slam on JG though.
not good to wish injury on anybody! would love to see pourcel do a fill in ride if required, but not sure that he would do. Like has been said previously- he expects to win, so would probably only be interested in a full program.

Post a reply to: christophe pourcel?

The Latest