chaparral-opinions please

COAL-TRAIN
2/21/2013 7:18pm
CRF505 wrote:
I think posting on sites like this one are one of the best things you can do actually. Who on this board will get tires mounted...
I think posting on sites like this one are one of the best things you can do actually. Who on this board will get tires mounted there anytime soon? Nobody! So you've probably stuck it to them to some degree already.

As for my opinion, I don't think you could expect them to give you a new set of wheels. I mean, what'd they charge you for mounting, $20 bucks? You can't really expect them to give you a new set of $700+ rims for that. BUT, I think they probably owe you some free labor at the very least. Like free mounting for the next 2 years or something to show their gratitude for you being a 20+ year customer and to prove to you that they won't let that happen again. Just my 2 cents...
I would definitely expect some new rims after that, i would have never left the store till it was cleared up. Say you have spent 2-4...
I would definitely expect some new rims after that, i would have never left the store till it was cleared up. Say you have spent 2-4 grand on some rims for your truck or car, took it in to get new rubber, only to have your rims all scrattched to hell. They better replace the damaged items, their insurance can cover it. You go their because it supposed to be a professional shop, not one of your buddy's changing your tires in the back yard...
Exactly...there supost be be a professional shop.
What I asked for was new hoops. Would probably cost them $150 total. I told them I would take care of relacing and remounting. I thought that was very reasonable.
They didnt I guess and now they lost a customer and one who just happens to be a Vital member.
I hope someone over there reads this and makes it right...if not at the very least I hope I have saved others from making the same mistake I did.
2/21/2013 7:22pm
Looks like they used a tire machine, from my 1 and only experience, it will fuck them up right proper like. Ask them how they mounted...
Looks like they used a tire machine, from my 1 and only experience, it will fuck them up right proper like. Ask them how they mounted them? If they say with a machine then pounce on them. Those scratches look like they are from the guide with out the teflon protector installed.
my techs @ work have been changing my tires with a machine since 2005, never a scratch. it's not the tool it's the bonehead using it.
MXBOY2661
2/21/2013 8:06pm
U could of done it yourself n it would of looked better! I just got a new set of A60s if they did that to mine it would of been a bad situation in there! Im from jersey though, u cali boys smoke to much hokus pokus n think everythings gna be all right. Iol!
PADDY'S LAD
2/21/2013 8:14pm
Sorry to see the damage to your wheels. In my opinion, they should at the very least make it right for a twenty year customer.
Maybe you could try to approach upper management again to correct this completely avoidable situation .
I agree with a post above that said the Teflon cover was not on the machine.
If they don't take care of you never walk through their door again. Techs need to be smarter than the tool they are using or this can happen good paying customers like you. In my business you damage it, you own it bottom line!

The Shop

mxracin
2/21/2013 8:39pm
There is no reason they shouldve given you your wheels back in that shape!!! Take them back and have them make it right...How sad...
leighracer
2/21/2013 8:47pm
I once tried to bargain with that shop on the price of a new bike. I told them the price I'd been quoted at LA Honda to see if they would match it. They basically said no and that if I wanted that price I should go to LA Honda but that it's in a crappy part of town. Funniest thing I'd ever heard since I don't think there is a great part of town in the whole city of San Bernardino. BTW, I landed up getting the bike in LA.
2/21/2013 8:53pm
Yeah, I think you're screwed since you left with them.

These mega-stores are going to disappear if they don't adopt the "small store" customer service mentality. The monster one up here closed because of that.
COAL-TRAIN
2/21/2013 9:29pm
leighracer wrote:
I once tried to bargain with that shop on the price of a new bike. I told them the price I'd been quoted at LA Honda...
I once tried to bargain with that shop on the price of a new bike. I told them the price I'd been quoted at LA Honda to see if they would match it. They basically said no and that if I wanted that price I should go to LA Honda but that it's in a crappy part of town. Funniest thing I'd ever heard since I don't think there is a great part of town in the whole city of San Bernardino. BTW, I landed up getting the bike in LA.
Yup Ive been there with them on bike sales as well. They will not match anyone elses prices and they will even tell you that.
We have bought our last couple bikes from B and B in Victorville.
Thanks for the support guys, hopefully this does something. Ill let you guys know the end result
2/21/2013 10:01pm
who cares they made to get dirty anyway!
C.Worthy
2/21/2013 10:50pm
I bought a pair of boots there once. Such horrible customer service that I've never been back and I don't plan to go back in the future.
Rizzo
2/21/2013 10:52pm
First off, thats straight Bull Shit. Second, I would never have left the place without resolution. Third,I would have told them I was interested in some new DID rims, same color and asked them to lace em up with my existing spokes and hubs. Once they callled me with the job finished, I would have walked in, grabbed them and said thanks, now were even....go efff yourself.
dean122
2/21/2013 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2013 11:20pm
I would strongly advise to never ever take your tires to be mounted at Chapparal if you live in So Cal. I've been going to Cycle Rider in Ontario on Holt Blvd. for 15+ years with $700+ wheel set ups for tire changes. They charge a flat fee of $12 per wheel and have never had one scratch put on my wheels during mounting. Every person I know and every person they know has always had their tires mounted there.

If you buy your tires from Cycle Rider, they install for free of course. You can't beat $12 knowing you'll get great fast service from some real moto heads. Not some dumb fuck who could give a shit if they trash your pride and joys.

I shopped Chap for many years and they used to have the core moto feel back on the other side of the freeway. They had knowagable staff and were very customer centric. Now, it's a parts pusher wherehouse with robots walking around in red shirts most whom have never ridden a bike in their lives. Never will I step foot in that store again and spend a dime.
bangmyhead
2/21/2013 11:18pm
oh man that brings a single tear to my right eye, total bs, i've been on the fence about buying things from chap and that just put the nail in the coffin for me. They just dont give a rats ass about the ppl keeping them open....

Keep us updated on what goes down
Trauma
2/21/2013 11:47pm
Your mistake was thinking big business give a shit about your loyalty. Loyalty should be given very sparingly, and never to a business.
CrashMaster
2/22/2013 3:47am
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
Exactly...there supost be be a professional shop. What I asked for was new hoops. Would probably cost them $150 total. I told them I would take...
Exactly...there supost be be a professional shop.
What I asked for was new hoops. Would probably cost them $150 total. I told them I would take care of relacing and remounting. I thought that was very reasonable.
They didnt I guess and now they lost a customer and one who just happens to be a Vital member.
I hope someone over there reads this and makes it right...if not at the very least I hope I have saved others from making the same mistake I did.
Whatever you do, don't give up! They trashed your rims. What's worse are those stupid commercials they run about a million times during the supercross races now. How they preach were not a warehouse with just conveyor belts, were a shop... Yeah we are shop where our tech's can jack your stuff up, then we tell you to hit the road...
MX690
2/22/2013 4:27am
I would definitely expect some new rims after that, i would have never left the store till it was cleared up. Say you have spent 2-4...
I would definitely expect some new rims after that, i would have never left the store till it was cleared up. Say you have spent 2-4 grand on some rims for your truck or car, took it in to get new rubber, only to have your rims all scrattched to hell. They better replace the damaged items, their insurance can cover it. You go their because it supposed to be a professional shop, not one of your buddy's changing your tires in the back yard...
The thing is even his Buddy in his backyard wouldn't have scratched them up that bad. I change all my own tyres with levers and a nylon hammer, and I have never scratched rims like that ever, and I do all my mates tyres as well. That's disgraceful.
Indy mxer
2/22/2013 4:50am
Looks like they used a tire machine, from my 1 and only experience, it will fuck them up right proper like. Ask them how they mounted...
Looks like they used a tire machine, from my 1 and only experience, it will fuck them up right proper like. Ask them how they mounted them? If they say with a machine then pounce on them. Those scratches look like they are from the guide with out the teflon protector installed.
my techs @ work have been changing my tires with a machine since 2005, never a scratch. it's not the tool it's the bonehead using it.
TeamGrn is correct. My son is a service tech at my brothers dealership here in Southern Indiana.
They change tires with a machine as well and don't have any issues.
It's all operator error.
markit
2/22/2013 5:01am
Sounds like you tried to solve this the right way, i would try one more time then do the card dispute. You paid them to do a prof job as above and thy didn't, they at least owe you a set of rim's.imo I have a small shop and if I did that have found it best to just tell the co I scratched your wheel then at least the co willing to work with ya. these guys tried to sneak one by ya so don't deal with them any more.
IWreckALot
2/22/2013 5:03am
I'm surprised to come on here and read how overwhelmingly disrespectful Chap is. . . Glad I read this forum. Won't be giving them any of my business.
BDOG
2/22/2013 5:05am
Id have thrown a fit of epic proportions.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
2/22/2013 5:13am
What makes it worse is that they screwed up both wheels. You think the first time tire changer would've noticed his mistake on the first wheel and then asked for help on the second one...
4stroke4DWIN
2/22/2013 6:08am
As a small shop owner I won't bust your balls about supporting the little guy lol. I have put lots of Maxxis on with spoons and those sumbitches are stiff and go on tight. I can only imagine what it looked like going on with a machine and a less than skilled operator. Have you checked to see if the rim is still tried up?
mx21
2/22/2013 6:57am
For what its worth I have never had a bad deal with Chaparral. And every time I get a tire changed there they have you sign a waiver that says your wheels have a possibility of getting scratched. Did you sign the waiver?

I had black wheels changed there without one scratch. I would be in a pretty bad mood too though if my wheels came back like that, but that's why they have a waiver to covers their butts. Sucks though.

The main reason I go to the shop is they have everything in stock. And since I don't plan ahead very well it makes it easy to get parts same day.
nc97
2/22/2013 7:02am
When I was a kid and just started working. I worked at a truck stop changing tires.. I had a cutomer with an aluminum wheel that needed a patch put in the tire.. In the course of fixing it , I scratched the rim with the tire machine.. Customer flipped out ( as he should have).. Took the owner to small claims court . Owner had to replace the rim..
danman
2/22/2013 7:04am
Pretty stupid move on Chap's part. They had some dumba$$ hair brain mess up a tire change and ruin a guys rims. Rather than spend ~$200 to cover it and keep a long time customer, they decide to lose that customer and how many other MAIL ORDER customers!!!! This was a SERVICE mess up and they are going to lose probably thousands of dollars. DUH! Simple business, take care of the customer! Work of mouth and the internet go a LONG WAY!
nc97
2/22/2013 7:06am
mx21 wrote:
For what its worth I have never had a bad deal with Chaparral. And every time I get a tire changed there they have you sign...
For what its worth I have never had a bad deal with Chaparral. And every time I get a tire changed there they have you sign a waiver that says your wheels have a possibility of getting scratched. Did you sign the waiver?

I had black wheels changed there without one scratch. I would be in a pretty bad mood too though if my wheels came back like that, but that's why they have a waiver to covers their butts. Sucks though.

The main reason I go to the shop is they have everything in stock. And since I don't plan ahead very well it makes it easy to get parts same day.
Sign a waiver saying if they fuck your wheels up ,, Its all good??? Shocked
danman
2/22/2013 7:12am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2013 7:14am
mx21 wrote:
For what its worth I have never had a bad deal with Chaparral. And every time I get a tire changed there they have you sign...

If it were me and they tried to get me to sign a waiver, I'd ask if they used a machine. If they responded yes, I'd tell them that if they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't need a waiver signed because it shouldn't happen. If they said they changed them by hand, I'd take them somewhere else, or do it myself.
BTW - I've never had anyone else change my tires. I do quite a few of my friends as well....all by hand. Even my fist tire change never looked anything close to that bad!
2/22/2013 7:13am
I spent $700 getting my old XR500 rims reconditioned and gold anodized. They came back from the shop looking a million dollars. I decided to mount my own tires and did $700 worth of damage to my rims and *ucked my tires. Its an art and it looks like they got the apprentice to do your work. Its up to you to *uck your own bike but when you pay the pros then you expect the service.
yzmatt
2/22/2013 7:21am
Man, what complete and total BS. Running a business like that is a sure fire way to go out of business eventually. I for one will never spend another dime with them. There are WAY too many shops that actually give a shit about customer service and doing the RIGHT THING.
4stroke4DWIN
2/22/2013 7:35am
Indy mxer wrote:
TeamGrn is correct. My son is a service tech at my brothers dealership here in Southern Indiana. They change tires with a machine as well and...
TeamGrn is correct. My son is a service tech at my brothers dealership here in Southern Indiana.
They change tires with a machine as well and don't have any issues.
It's all operator error.
I've changed plenty of mag and spoke STREET bike tires on a machine but will never do a dirt bike wheel on my machine ever. Not saying it can't be done, just in the wrong hands you end up with what the OP is dealing with. I'm not to lazy to bust out the spoons. Smile

Post a reply to: chaparral-opinions please

The Latest