cahuilla crash = fracture of C6 C7.....

888moto
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 10:45am
well as i type this im sitting in hospital bored and sick of listening to the dude beside me talk in his sleep haha .anyway had the stupidest crash on sunday at cahuilla creek and end up on the ground with no feeling in my body for about 30 secs then it all came back!!!!!! i got up told the first aid guy i was sore but felt fine, and went and chilled for awhile with ice then continued to ride all day.flew back home mon morning with a sore neck so went and got a CT to find i fractured my C6 C7 spinous process.....i feel fine besides this fucking neck brace im in.im going for MRI soon then ill talk to the neurosurgeon and hope to go home,i was wearing my leatt and not sure if it saved me and i read the thread about what chad reed was saying.......not sure what to make of it .but has anybody fractured these???need some advise besides the doc's telling me that bikes r dangerous .lol sorry for long post im all pain killered up and no sleep:}
|
Lightning78
11/15/2011 9:52am
Had the same exp with my thoracic ..... no feeling for what felt like an eternity, cant believe you got up and rode....DAM!!! Its a good thing you got checked out, mine healed broken but I am fine, do I think the leatt wouldvr helped me?......Yes I do but its too late .....glad youre ok.
flyinb501
Fantasy
338th
11/15/2011 10:37am
Glad you're okay man. You'll most likely be in a halo for 3 months, which is miserable, but much much better than a wheelchair. Good luck!
scooter5002
11/15/2011 10:40am
Wow! Nasty. Good outcome to a horrible situation though. Best of luck. It'll be a long road back, but at least there IS a road back.
Shawn142
11/15/2011 10:47am
A few years ago I went over the bars and fractured C6 just like you did. No Leatt for me, the only thing it might have done is broken my collarbone also but who knows. The only real symptom I had from it was a sore neck and more-so my shoulders. Went to the doctor the next day and found out it was broken. The hospital held me for 3 days and of course put me in a neck brace and I was told to wear it for 8 weeks. After 4 I took the stupid thing off and went back to work because the x-ray came back good.

My advice is just go easy at first, as annoying as the neck brace is keep it there. I don't know how close your injury was to mine but I suffer no ill effects at all from it. No loss of movement or feeling in my neck or anywhere else. I was back riding after 6 weeks.

The Shop

captmoto
11/15/2011 10:47am
888, damn lucky. I learned in EMT school, C3-4-5 keeps the diaphragm alive. Without a diaphragm you may not be able to breath unassisted. I think the Leatt helped you out.
Lightning, the Thoracic verts are below the Leatt so maybe it shifted the stress of the crash away from the cervicals. You are damn lucky too.
MX45
11/15/2011 10:48am
You are lucky you are sitting there bored typing on a computer!!
I'm glad you will be fine. You just broke the little nodules coming off the back of your vertebrae. You will probably get sent home in a day or 2 wearing a neck brace. I doubt a halo.
I'm no doctor, but my friend did the same thing you did last year, I have my own experiences with my thoracic spine, and I stayed in a Holiday Inn once.
mxb2
11/15/2011 10:58am
heal up man, glad your ok. sucks but could have been worse.
888moto
11/15/2011 11:44am
THANX FOR ALL THE POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!def need it when i sitting listening to nurses and doc's saying not to ride anymore haha.just got back from MRI ,that was kinda weird but all looks good.just waiting for the neurosurgeon to let me know whats up.i have no probs with mobiity and stuff so hope to go home today.!!!!!! cant wait to get back to cali and ride!!!!!i have this stupid neck brace on but if thats all i need then im fine with that.thanx again
burb
11/15/2011 11:46am
Were you on a ktm and landed on a kawi
11/15/2011 11:51am
Wow. I was there in Sunday. Did not see you wreck. Glad your OK. Always freaky. Track was definitely slick in the morning, so took it easy until it dried out some. by then arm pump set in from lack of riding for 3 months!! Ha ha.
Xeno
11/15/2011 12:13pm
I got there late Sunday afternoon for this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^guy's birthday. Dude, you are so fortunate. Heal up fast!
Shawn142
11/15/2011 12:16pm
888moto wrote:
THANX FOR ALL THE POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!def need it when i sitting listening to nurses and doc's saying not to ride anymore haha.just got back from MRI...
THANX FOR ALL THE POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!def need it when i sitting listening to nurses and doc's saying not to ride anymore haha.just got back from MRI ,that was kinda weird but all looks good.just waiting for the neurosurgeon to let me know whats up.i have no probs with mobiity and stuff so hope to go home today.!!!!!! cant wait to get back to cali and ride!!!!!i have this stupid neck brace on but if thats all i need then im fine with that.thanx again
Honestly it was the least painful bone break I ever had but also the most frightening since it's spinal. Riding again will depend entirely on you, it sounds like you'll have no problems with a full recovery.
888moto
11/15/2011 12:59pm
888moto wrote:
THANX FOR ALL THE POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!def need it when i sitting listening to nurses and doc's saying not to ride anymore haha.just got back from MRI...
Shawn142 wrote:
Honestly it was the least painful bone break I ever had but also the most frightening since it's spinal. Riding again will depend entirely on you...
Honestly it was the least painful bone break I ever had but also the most frightening since it's spinal. Riding again will depend entirely on you, it sounds like you'll have no problems with a full recovery.
funny u say that didnt hurt that much compared to all my other broken bones but neck injurys are scary for sure.and ya i can't wait to ride again...BRAAAAAPPPPPPP
888moto
11/15/2011 1:03pm
ya i was first one on track sunday morning and it was super soft.i jumped one of the back table tops and when i landed my my just stopped and through me over bars,landed on the back of my helmet and leatt and then things went numb from neck to toes....what a shitty feeling.but by sunday around 2 the track was killer!!!!!!!!! little did i know i was riding with 2 broken vertebras .
888moto
11/15/2011 1:05pm
burb wrote:
Were you on a ktm and landed on a kawi
no i was riding honda 250 #114 but some other dude on a kawi fractured his shoulder on the same jump around noon on sunday
downandup
11/15/2011 1:27pm
Like the other guy said, you only broke the little nodules coming off the vertebrae. It's not like you broke the main part of the bone.

You will be fine.
rostocker
11/15/2011 1:53pm
Why dont amercans use back protectors (most mxers dont)? The back doesn't stop where the leatt ends..
Look at Roczen, he wheres it all, (not the neckbrace though)
I think it's silly to úse expensive knee braces but the only protection above your waist is your helmet (and maybe a leatt).
A thought.. Cheers
NeWskoolmxer
11/15/2011 1:58pm
rostocker wrote:
Why dont amercans use back protectors (most mxers dont)? The back doesn't stop where the leatt ends.. Look at Roczen, he wheres it all, (not the...
Why dont amercans use back protectors (most mxers dont)? The back doesn't stop where the leatt ends..
Look at Roczen, he wheres it all, (not the neckbrace though)
I think it's silly to úse expensive knee braces but the only protection above your waist is your helmet (and maybe a leatt).
A thought.. Cheers
Like this?
rostocker
11/15/2011 2:06pm
Yepp.
Acerbis has one too, Cosmo (dont know how how I link)
983mx
11/15/2011 2:29pm
Hey dude sorry about your neck i'm sure you'll be better soon. You should think about taking up knitting and if the bike is for sale give me a shout. BRAPPPPPPPPPPP LOL
888moto
11/15/2011 5:17pm
983mx wrote:
Hey dude sorry about your neck i'm sure you'll be better soon. You should think about taking up knitting and if the bike is for sale...
Hey dude sorry about your neck i'm sure you'll be better soon. You should think about taking up knitting and if the bike is for sale give me a shout. BRAPPPPPPPPPPP LOL
hahaha thats why i crashed i was knitting while i was riding....and as far as the bike i left it at the track hahahahah

Post a reply to: cahuilla crash = fracture of C6 C7.....

The Latest