bikes stolen - need comparable builds for insurance comps

F1prerun
Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 9:13pm
needing some vital help!!

3 bike taken
2016 Yamaha yz450f(insured)
2013 ktm 450sxf(BTO sports supercross race bike)(insured)
my sons Yamaha PW50(not insured)

so some asshat needed my bikes more than I did I guess. I know it is going to be next to impossible to get my money out of insurance, BUT I am hoping that I can most of it. so I am looking for build lists with parts and prices of some nice builds. I had SHIT TONS of money in both of my bikes. I am wanting to show the insurance some comparable builds and not have them shove roached out craigslist bike down my throat. I am not wanting to use anyone else parts/receipts/invoices as evidence of my bikes. I have my parts/bikes covered as far as documentation goes.

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/4/2017 1:30pm
That sucks and thieves are asshole's. For the future though make sure to always keep your receipts. It helps when these kind of things happen and it also helps prove to a potential buyer you just did a new top/bottom end, new clutch, etc. when it comes time to sell it.

Hopefully the cops will find out who did it and get your bikes back.
mxb2
12/4/2017 1:34pm
F1prerun wrote:
needing some vital help!! 3 bike taken 2016 Yamaha yz450f(insured) 2013 ktm 450sxf(BTO sports supercross race bike)(insured) my sons Yamaha PW50(not insured) so some asshat needed...
needing some vital help!!

3 bike taken
2016 Yamaha yz450f(insured)
2013 ktm 450sxf(BTO sports supercross race bike)(insured)
my sons Yamaha PW50(not insured)

so some asshat needed my bikes more than I did I guess. I know it is going to be next to impossible to get my money out of insurance, BUT I am hoping that I can most of it. so I am looking for build lists with parts and prices of some nice builds. I had SHIT TONS of money in both of my bikes. I am wanting to show the insurance some comparable builds and not have them shove roached out craigslist bike down my throat. I am not wanting to use anyone else parts/receipts/invoices as evidence of my bikes. I have my parts/bikes covered as far as documentation goes.

Receipts will show what you paid.
Donovan759
12/4/2017 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 1:51pm
Shouldn't be too hard to track down receipts if you ordered everything from online or local shops. All the info should be stored in databases and you can ask them to reprint your receipts.

Edit: Sorry to hear about your bikes man. That's terrible. And these are some beautiful machines. Hope you get them back.

The Shop

zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
12/4/2017 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 3:05pm
Need to have your receipts or at the very least give them a list of parts on your bike.

Depending in your insurance company you will only be able to send them comps that are same yr/make/model or plus one year same make/model

Also make sure to send them your photos
12/4/2017 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2017 3:54pm
So you're basically asking us to do the laborious and time-consuming work of itemizing your fraudulent insurance claims?

I remember a time, long ago, when getting creative with your insurance claim was a private, almost spiritual endeavor.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
12/4/2017 4:35pm
So you're basically asking us to do the laborious and time-consuming work of itemizing your fraudulent insurance claims? I remember a time, long ago, when getting...
So you're basically asking us to do the laborious and time-consuming work of itemizing your fraudulent insurance claims?

I remember a time, long ago, when getting creative with your insurance claim was a private, almost spiritual endeavor.
Ha that is what I thought! Right after I read "shit ton of money"
12/4/2017 4:56pm
Tell them $9k each, be ready to accept 7k for the KTM and 6k for the Yamaha.
F1prerun
12/4/2017 4:57pm
So you're basically asking us to do the laborious and time-consuming work of itemizing your fraudulent insurance claims? I remember a time, long ago, when getting...

not trying to be fraudulent in any way, I have my parts list and information on my side. just wanting a couple other examples that I can show them of equal bikes. I do not want to use anyone else parts/receipts/invoices for my bikes.

I am just looking for comparable builds that I can show them. I don't want the only comparable thing they have is some roached out bikes that they pulled from craigslist.
12/4/2017 6:49pm
F1prerun wrote:
not trying to be fraudulent in any way, I have my parts list and information on my side. just wanting a couple other examples that I...
not trying to be fraudulent in any way, I have my parts list and information on my side. just wanting a couple other examples that I can show them of equal bikes. I do not want to use anyone else parts/receipts/invoices for my bikes.

I am just looking for comparable builds that I can show them. I don't want the only comparable thing they have is some roached out bikes that they pulled from craigslist.
Your insurance company doesn't need to compare your claim against anything else. You have a defined year/make/model with itemized customizations/accessories. That's all they need or will want.
tkimb
12/4/2017 7:32pm
You have year/make/model of a well known, popular and fairly new item, the insurance company will have a set price of the value, they aren't just going to type "dirt bike" into craigslist and see what numbers pop up.
However if inclined, you could look on craiglists to find some. Search for the exact model/year/make and you'll probably see a few that have had work done to them.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
12/4/2017 8:17pm
tkimb wrote:
You have year/make/model of a well known, popular and fairly new item, the insurance company will have a set price of the value, they aren't just...
You have year/make/model of a well known, popular and fairly new item, the insurance company will have a set price of the value, they aren't just going to type "dirt bike" into craigslist and see what numbers pop up.
However if inclined, you could look on craiglists to find some. Search for the exact model/year/make and you'll probably see a few that have had work done to them.
Insurance companies hire 3rd party companies to research the value of totalled vehicles in order to settle with a fair value. The third part companies use comps available within the market in order to value
Jack mehoff
12/4/2017 8:31pm
Good luck been down this road already there is a “book value “ assigned to your brand and model unless you have a separate Ryder on your policy insuring extras your probably not going to like what you hear, good luck , hope they turn up , then you can really dig in for replacement costs on damaged parts and possibly internal components since they only Wright visible damage new top ends bearings etc since you don’t know what has been done to it outside your possession
cali11
12/4/2017 8:33pm
My brother inlaws 1000 RZR was stolen. He had over 30K in it. I think insurance paid he like 20k. So be ready to get beat down,
RideJBI
12/4/2017 9:12pm
Darren,

Super bummed to hear about your bikes being stolen.

Let me know if you need the invoice for the KTM 450SXF JBI Suspensnion we built.

Also, if your bikes are not recovered, Id like to offer you a free of charge JBI Suspension Revalve for your replacement bike.

Hope your bikes are recovered, thieves suck.

JB Covington
RideJBI.com
@RideJBI

Post a reply to: bikes stolen - need comparable builds for insurance comps

The Latest