being fast in MX make you slow in SX?

sundios
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 4:58pm
guys like metcalfe, rattray, searle , etc etc are really good mx riders but they are not as good in SX . what do you think.?
|
2/9/2011 1:14pm
Stewart and Villopoto seem quick at both? But I agree people like Regal and those guys rip in mx but not in sx
2/9/2011 1:17pm
sundios wrote:
guys like metcalfe, rattray, searle , etc etc are really good mx riders but they are not as good in SX . what do you think.?
Ever here of James Steart or RIcky Carmichael?

They are fast in MX.
sundios
2/9/2011 1:19pm
sundios wrote:
Ever here of James Steart or RIcky Carmichael?

They are fast in MX.
yes i know but they are not humans! i mean , there are only few guys that are fast in mx and sx ! i think like 5 RV RD JS RC and that is haha KW sometimes! and CR
kongols
2/9/2011 1:21pm
Supercross is more about rhythm and timing. MX is more about guts and endurance.

The Shop

cody331
2/9/2011 1:22pm
rattrays first year of sx, he was running respectable finishes until his press day crash last week. searle's a GP guy who also has limited sx experience. metcalfe isnt a slouch in sx, but this year the field is stacked, and hes on a new bike and team this year as well
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
2/9/2011 2:00pm
sundios wrote:
Supercross....corner speed,skimming big whoops,staying low over the jumps,rhythm and being more precise.
Starts are very important also.Seems harder for those guys to pass when they get stuck behind a slower rider.
Seems in this day & age those top guys in SX do every little thing they can to shave off a tenth of a second here and there.
M-M
2/9/2011 2:04pm
sundios wrote:
Different environments where they grew up riding?

I know that the UK doesn't have many tracks with sx influence and with no indoor arena cross tracks. Makes it hard to practice
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
2/9/2011 2:11pm
sundios wrote:
They all come from country's that don't put an emphises on supercross. When they were amatuers they were preparing for the GPs, American kids prepared for supercross .

It makes a big difference riding a supercross track all your life compared to a couple times a year durring your GP career.
iamdustin
2/9/2011 2:43pm
I see where you are coming from but dungey reed stewart all have number 1 plates in both, but i think some riders just focus on one type or mx might just not be their thing or vice versa
jmar
2/9/2011 2:45pm
sundios wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
They all come from country's that don't put an emphises on supercross. When they were amatuers they were preparing for the GPs, American kids prepared for...
They all come from country's that don't put an emphises on supercross. When they were amatuers they were preparing for the GPs, American kids prepared for supercross .

It makes a big difference riding a supercross track all your life compared to a couple times a year durring your GP career.
Hit's the nail on the head.

Post a reply to: being fast in MX make you slow in SX?

The Latest