bambam swiped by car while cycling

wildbill
8/7/2017 12:34pm
Glad he's semi okay. Thought it was about our original poster "Bambam". Where in the fuck is he anyhow?
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
8/7/2017 12:39pm
Glad he is okay, hopefully the driver of the car gets what's coming to them.
stone881
8/7/2017 12:39pm
Crazy how many people have been hit this year on road bikes. I gave it up and only MTB now, its a way more demanding form of cycling anyway.

Anyone want to buy a Fuji Roubaix 56 cm...$575 delivered.
8/7/2017 12:45pm
Unfortunate. Hope beyond the obvious scuffs he turns up 100%

The Shop

peelout
8/7/2017 12:47pm
i'll never ride a cycle on the road. i see way too many people texting and driving to ever consider it. glad he's ok, could have been much much worse.
8/7/2017 12:50pm
I saw the title and I was actually kind of scared to open it.. was relieved to see he was ok for the most part.
KDXGarage
8/7/2017 12:51pm
Thanks for the report. I am glad he is OK.
rmoto003
8/7/2017 12:59pm
Step 1) Dont ride a road bike

Step 2) Dont get hit by a car

Its so simple
Swann
8/7/2017 1:16pm
Road rash pics or it didn't happen.
rongi#401
8/7/2017 1:26pm
fuck, glad hes okay!
Lucifa.
8/7/2017 1:28pm
wildbill wrote:
Glad he's semi okay. Thought it was about our original poster "Bambam". Where in the fuck is he anyhow?
He pops in from time to time. I spoke to him I guess about 2 months ago.
Lucifa.
8/7/2017 1:31pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Step 1) Dont ride a road bike

Step 2) Dont get hit by a car

Its so simple
Step 1) Don't cross the street

Step 2) Don't get hit by a car

Stay in bed?
RandyS
8/7/2017 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2017 1:36pm
I drove by a rear ender on a side road that people use as a shortcut in Sacramento the other day. Then 100 feet down the road another one, then a couple of hundred feet farther another one, then 100 more feet another one. The last three all appeared to be high speed/no braking, cars destroyed, engines pushed into the front seat. I've got half a dozen Campy equipped vintage road bikes that I've acquired over the years hunting out old BMX stuff. There isn't a dollar amount large enough to make me get on a public road.
SEE ARE125
8/7/2017 1:35pm
peelout wrote:
i'll never ride a cycle on the road. i see way too many people texting and driving to ever consider it. glad he's ok, could have...
i'll never ride a cycle on the road. i see way too many people texting and driving to ever consider it. glad he's ok, could have been much much worse.
Same reason I gave up streetbikes a few years ago. Seemed like the "close calls" started to get a lot more frequent and I felt it was just a matter of time. Glad Barcia's ok.
Aryen
8/7/2017 1:53pm
Nicky Hayden and that pro cyclist got killed on their road bikes this year, now this again.

For fucks sake, look out when you hit the road, those texting, working, shaving and reading car drivers are killers!
Rhody
8/7/2017 2:02pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Same reason I gave up streetbikes a few years ago. Seemed like the "close calls" started to get a lot more frequent and I felt it...
Same reason I gave up streetbikes a few years ago. Seemed like the "close calls" started to get a lot more frequent and I felt it was just a matter of time. Glad Barcia's ok.
I'm with you on that. Actually parked the bike when I realized I wan't going to get killed in an accident, but in an "On purpose" You can't be polite enough to not have some jackass think that he's got to teach the filthy motorcyclist a lesson. Plus in Northern California, when you are on a bike you realize how many people are smoking weed while driving. Anyone want a mint 2005 GSXR 600? Now i just need to find a decent MTB trail near me.
davistld01
8/7/2017 2:04pm
THIS is why I don't ride street bikes or bicycle on the street any more. People too much into their phones, texting and talking...and not paying attention to what's around them. Scary stuff for sure. Every single person I know that rides on the street has a scary "I almost died" story to tell.

Pass.

Glad Barcia's ok.
8/7/2017 2:18pm
Cyclists think they rule the road around these parts. Hard to give them the "3 foot" rule when they're in the middle of the lane. Glad JB's ok
Rhody
8/7/2017 2:27pm
Cyclists think they rule the road around these parts. Hard to give them the "3 foot" rule when they're in the middle of the lane. Glad...
Cyclists think they rule the road around these parts. Hard to give them the "3 foot" rule when they're in the middle of the lane. Glad JB's ok
Yea, same around these parts. They don't seem to realize that "Share the road" works both ways.
Rockinar
8/7/2017 2:32pm
I never understood the road cycling for training angle. Having gears makes it easy. And tucking in and drafting behind other riders makes it easier. I think a stationary bike is more difficult. Cant drop a gear when you get tired, and you can't draft.

I would think that these MX training grounds would have some tough MTB trails to replace the road biking. MTB gets your heart rate up way more than road cycling too. Throw them on a fixed gear MTB.
8/7/2017 2:45pm
Rhody wrote:
I'm with you on that. Actually parked the bike when I realized I wan't going to get killed in an accident, but in an "On purpose"...
I'm with you on that. Actually parked the bike when I realized I wan't going to get killed in an accident, but in an "On purpose" You can't be polite enough to not have some jackass think that he's got to teach the filthy motorcyclist a lesson. Plus in Northern California, when you are on a bike you realize how many people are smoking weed while driving. Anyone want a mint 2005 GSXR 600? Now i just need to find a decent MTB trail near me.
I applied at a motorcycle shop recently. During the interview told the manager how I've riden dirtbikes since I was 5. He then asked,"well do you like street bikes?" I told him, "honestly, I never really got in to them, always thought they were dangerous." He retorted, "it's a common misconception that streetbikes are dangerous. You could just as easily get in an accident in your car everyday." I thought man, is this guy serious
NorCal 50+
8/7/2017 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2017 3:03pm
Drivers are shit these days. I recently had some chick on her phone swerve out of her lane at me head-on about 60 MPH. I am on the shoulder to avoid her and she looks up at the last second and swerves back.
Completely hopeless idiots on the roads these days. Everybody is on their phone, all the time, period.
Rhody
8/7/2017 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2017 3:12pm
I applied at a motorcycle shop recently. During the interview told the manager how I've riden dirtbikes since I was 5. He then asked,"well do you...
I applied at a motorcycle shop recently. During the interview told the manager how I've riden dirtbikes since I was 5. He then asked,"well do you like street bikes?" I told him, "honestly, I never really got in to them, always thought they were dangerous." He retorted, "it's a common misconception that streetbikes are dangerous. You could just as easily get in an accident in your car everyday." I thought man, is this guy serious
I felt the same way as that guy until I was out there riding, then I realized, none of these jerks can drive and their stupidity won't leave me with a wrecked car, they will leave me legless. I actually had people run me off the road twice. Going off the shoulder at 90 is not fun. Apparently lane splitting being legal is not good enough for them. it is really scary running down the shoulder of backed up traffic at 90 with a nut case on your back wheel, because if some idiot decides that they want to pull out and use the breakdown lane to get to their exit, you are dead. If you lift, you are dead, If that person is as crazy as you think they are and they get to your back tire, you are dead. A whole lot of "You are dead" options in that scenario. Then actually getting run off the road by said nut case, Well gravel and grass at 90 is scary as hell. Fortunately I kept it upright and didn't hit anything.
RyanD797
Fantasy
464th
8/7/2017 3:30pm
I personally like the outcome of this one
PTshox
8/7/2017 3:35pm
I got run over by a California State employee in 2016. I can't go into all the details, but you have to be VERY careful.
I ended up having surgery on both legs and was in a wheel chair for ~4 weeks. I'm still not close to 100%.

And two friends of mine have been hit on bicycles in the last year. One was in ICU for 5 days (happened last month) and the other was hit by an off duty neurosurgeon in a jeep. He's had multiple surgery's to correct the problems. And he was a competitive cyclist in Europe back when Lemond was racing over there.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
8/7/2017 3:50pm
Cyclists think they rule the road around these parts. Hard to give them the "3 foot" rule when they're in the middle of the lane. Glad...
Actually, the cyclist has the right to the entire lane, same as a motorcycle. I ride as far to the right as is reasonable, but at times the shoulder is bombed out, or I'm going to make a left turn. At those times, I signal, and I take the lane. If a cyclist is on the right side of the lane, you can pass using the three foot rule. If said cyclist is in the center of the lane, you just have to pass them like a car or motorcycle....leave the lane entirely to make the pass
Rhody
8/7/2017 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2017 3:53pm
4 years ago, I would have thought that the motorcyclist must have done something to instigate the above video. I now know better.
My tale above began with me lane splitting in heavy traffic (and not very fast, I have already had people pull in front of my, so I abide by the "reasonable speed" caveat. I was going probably 25 to 30 through 15 mph traffic) and the driver swerving to pinch me into the adjacent car. I immediately tried to get away from the driver - no middle finger, no kicking, no gesturing, 2 hands on the handlebars trying to get away from crazy person with 3500 # weapon.
loftyair
8/7/2017 3:52pm
Yeah, drivers suck these days. DMV gives license, as long as you pay! Even if your 92, and cant see. Autonomous vehicles will be a nice change.
JRT812
8/7/2017 3:55pm
RyanD797 wrote:
I personally like the outcome of this one
That is messed up thinking my man. I don't know the beforehand, but the biker was wrong as well and it appears he gave into emotions.

Road cycling is dangerous and I agree some cyclists act like they own the road which causes a bad image. Drivers can be just as bad, as well as motorcyclists who commonly forget what a blinker is or acting like they own the road.

Either way, your comment was pure ignorance.

Post a reply to: bambam swiped by car while cycling

The Latest