atlanta,the trial

hillbilly
6/12/2014 7:10am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2014 8:28pm
Had to hit atlanta this Monday for my speeding/no DL trial.

30 minutes in a headlight goes out ,figure this is like my motorhome trips,downhill.

Hit a pilot truckstop and they have bulbs,buy a pair of pliers and lite ,get out the blown bulb but they dont have it,I left at 2am to get there by 7,30 ish,trial is at 8,30. Stopped at another truck center but no luck.Knew there is a walmart in south Knoxville ,50 miles away but figured the law would pull meover 7 times by then.

Make it to walmart ,get bulbs,in and on the road but now lost at least 45 minutes.A car goes by hauling and I follow ,back at 90 mph again but make it with 30 minutes to spare.

The court is full but its like I'm at a black and tan club,only white guy.The good lookin lady prosecutor calls me up and ask if i got my DL which was fine then but couldn't prove since cops website said it wasn't.

So now all we are dealing with is speeding fine ,she asks if i knew the amount and I did,350 to 400 bucks,Sheasks if i can pay thatwhich i can. The she asks why they put me in jail,I assume the DL thing telling her.She shakes head and tells me time served will cover the fine.

So,I plead guilty and walk out.In money it cost me the 10%bail,$162 ,not bad.

Coming home a caddy and a tang go by north of atlanta and i try to keep up,,they run 95 to 100 all the way to dalton,barely can hang but traffic slows them enuff so i can watch their brake lights ,Break the mason jar rally record for atlanta to hillbilly compound.

Get 2 chances next year to break the new record.
|
mxb2
6/12/2014 7:23am
Non-moto bro.
zook11
6/12/2014 7:28am
mxb2 wrote:
Non-moto bro.
Yup
KMC440
6/12/2014 7:40am
Totally moto!!!! ... nice finale to the Atlanta saga .

But do you really want to set more land speed records ??
Hman144
Fantasy
798th
6/12/2014 7:43am
Seems like English is not the only thing he don't learn so good.

The Shop

OW38B
Fantasy
148th
6/12/2014 9:11am
hillbilly wrote:
Had to hit atlanta this Monday for my speeding/no DL trial. 30 minutes in a headlight goes out ,figure this is like my motorhome trips,downhill. Hit...
Had to hit atlanta this Monday for my speeding/no DL trial.

30 minutes in a headlight goes out ,figure this is like my motorhome trips,downhill.

Hit a pilot truckstop and they have bulbs,buy a pair of pliers and lite ,get out the blown bulb but they dont have it,I left at 2am to get there by 7,30 ish,trial is at 8,30. Stopped at another truck center but no luck.Knew there is a walmart in south Knoxville ,50 miles away but figured the law would pull meover 7 times by then.

Make it to walmart ,get bulbs,in and on the road but now lost at least 45 minutes.A car goes by hauling and I follow ,back at 90 mph again but make it with 30 minutes to spare.

The court is full but its like I'm at a black and tan club,only white guy.The good lookin lady prosecutor calls me up and ask if i got my DL which was fine then but couldn't prove since cops website said it wasn't.

So now all we are dealing with is speeding fine ,she asks if i knew the amount and I did,350 to 400 bucks,Sheasks if i can pay thatwhich i can. The she asks why they put me in jail,I assume the DL thing telling her.She shakes head and tells me time served will cover the fine.

So,I plead guilty and walk out.In money it cost me the 10%bail,$162 ,not bad.

Coming home a caddy and a tang go by north of atlanta and i try to keep up,,they run 95 to 100 all the way to dalton,barely can hang but traffic slows them enuff so i can watch their brake lights ,Break the mason jar rally record for atlanta to hillbilly compound.

Get 2 chances next year to break the new record.
This sounds like a "treatment" to a new Smokey and the Bandit movie...........................

enketchum
6/12/2014 9:13am
I hope they take your license next time
Old-Man
6/12/2014 9:22am
"they run 95 to 100 all the way to dalton,barely can hang"
Barely could hang?
What were you driving one of Junior Johnson's moonshine cars?

Nice story HBWink
hillbilly
6/12/2014 10:53am
Hman144 wrote:
Seems like English is not the only thing he don't learn so good.

It is posted for the benefit of helmet wearing dirtbike riders,we never cared about english or spelling,but,you keep pointing that out here,cuz we all need to know where punctuation marks go and such. Its something I worry about all the time.
hillbilly
6/12/2014 12:07pm
Old-Man wrote:
[i]"they run 95 to 100 all the way to dalton,barely can hang"[/i] Barely could hang? What were you driving one of Junior Johnson's moonshine cars? [img]http://www.taurtoisemotorsports.com/sixties/sixties%20pix/whiskey%20ad%202007.jpg[/img]...
"they run 95 to 100 all the way to dalton,barely can hang"
Barely could hang?
What were you driving one of Junior Johnson's moonshine cars?

Nice story HBWink
Heres another one.

Back in 90 91 I was going to north wilkesboro twice a year for nascar ,The 1st time I drove to ole motorhome over we found this pefect level spot wondering why no one had parked there.After setting up grill and chairs the heli lands ,we had parked beside the LZ.

Well,directly a old man is standing there and I offer a burger and he sits down telling us he is waiting on a heli ride,he knows the pilot.Asking him where he lives,he points and the roof of his house is just down the road.I say you must know junior since his house is on the speedway grounds.

He tells us he ran likker with junior back in the day,and has written a book about it. Willy Clay Call was his name,and he gave us each a book,signed ,and said he had a still in his front yard,and to come see it.

From that race on we would eat burgers at camp and eat sunday breakfast at his house. He keep his cars and had a dodge 4 door with a 413 wedge and the cross ram intakes,the ones that set over the fenders. He and junior tokk it to Talladega one year and went a tad over 200 mph down the back straight.

He also had a 34 ford with a caddy ambulance v8 in it,it was the 1st to have overhead valves.

Miss going to that track.
Bultaco
6/12/2014 12:10pm
hillbilly wrote:
Heres another one. Back in 90 91 I was going to north wilkesboro twice a year for nascar ,The 1st time I drove to ole motorhome...
Heres another one.

Back in 90 91 I was going to north wilkesboro twice a year for nascar ,The 1st time I drove to ole motorhome over we found this pefect level spot wondering why no one had parked there.After setting up grill and chairs the heli lands ,we had parked beside the LZ.

Well,directly a old man is standing there and I offer a burger and he sits down telling us he is waiting on a heli ride,he knows the pilot.Asking him where he lives,he points and the roof of his house is just down the road.I say you must know junior since his house is on the speedway grounds.

He tells us he ran likker with junior back in the day,and has written a book about it. Willy Clay Call was his name,and he gave us each a book,signed ,and said he had a still in his front yard,and to come see it.

From that race on we would eat burgers at camp and eat sunday breakfast at his house. He keep his cars and had a dodge 4 door with a 413 wedge and the cross ram intakes,the ones that set over the fenders. He and junior tokk it to Talladega one year and went a tad over 200 mph down the back straight.

He also had a 34 ford with a caddy ambulance v8 in it,it was the 1st to have overhead valves.

Miss going to that track.
That is a fun story. Thanks.
RMT
6/12/2014 2:31pm
The fact that Hillbilly wrote the story makes it moto! Ever notice the wads that give old Hillbilly shit were not around when he was shredding? If some of you only knew the stories we heard, you would never question anything about Hillbilly. I totally forgot about the RV saga's. Good shit and glad you got through court ok.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
6/12/2014 3:23pm
RMT wrote:
The fact that Hillbilly wrote the story makes it moto! Ever notice the wads that give old Hillbilly shit were not around when he was shredding...
The fact that Hillbilly wrote the story makes it moto! Ever notice the wads that give old Hillbilly shit were not around when he was shredding? If some of you only knew the stories we heard, you would never question anything about Hillbilly. I totally forgot about the RV saga's. Good shit and glad you got through court ok.
Agreed. The people pissing and mosning might also look at their own contributions. Blink
mx317
6/12/2014 3:34pm
I enjoy the stories and I am glad he takes the time to write them.
oshow
6/12/2014 3:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
Non-moto bro.
Bull shit, it's moto.
chuck317
6/12/2014 3:51pm
mxbzero and zook zero, if you only knew that you could probably disappear for life mocking a vital drive hero. that is not sarcasm.
Old-Man
6/12/2014 4:00pm
North Wilks has a ton of history~ in my Opinion they should have put the Nascar hall of Fame there...Honestly, around those hollowed grounds is where it all started. Just think. the fans could have driven the same roads the Moonshiners did with markers pointing out true life events.
Moto0459
6/12/2014 5:18pm
Folks, Dave is the real deal. Back when we raced together and went to races together, seems like something crazy would always go south!! Best one for me was the trip where the motor home broke down along the interstate and he went across fence to seek assistance at the closet house we see. I sat at motor home to watch it and our trailer. Few minutes later see Dave running for what seems like his life around the corner of the house with some crazy looking inbred chasing him did not know he could run that fast!!! He has shared that story here somewhere and believe me there are many others, he may seem crazy to some of you, but he is herd core mx and would be the first to give you his shirt off his back to help you if he could.
wreckitrandy
6/12/2014 6:11pm
When I was a real little guy, my grandpaw took me to Juniors place. He had a '64 Chevy with the fender skirts and really stiff leaf springs on the back. It ran pretty good too. He used to haul some. On occasion, he would head up that way and come back with the trunk full of apples. He'd give apples to everybody that came by. It was a diversion. He never had any trouble. My brother in law is Junior's go to guy these days. He drives him around and fixes stuff. It's a pretty good gig.
mxb2
6/12/2014 8:09pm
chuck317 wrote:
mxbzero and zook zero, if you only knew that you could probably disappear for life mocking a vital drive hero. that is not sarcasm.
I doubt it.
48dirtbikekid
6/12/2014 8:13pm
chuck317 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I doubt it.
Laughing disapear for life over a god damn message board Laughing
mxb2
6/12/2014 8:28pm
chuck317 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I doubt it.
Laughing disapear for life over a god damn message board Laughing
lol, easy to talk behind a keyboard.

Post a reply to: atlanta,the trial

The Latest