asian gp in 2011

eddie
Edited Date/Time 1/14/2012 12:54am
FUNCHAL (PORTUGAL), 6 March 2010 – Recently elected President of FIM Asia, Mr. Stephan Carapiet, was in Geneva for the FIM Spring meeting which ended on Sunday, February 28, and during these days he met with Dr. Wolfgang Srb, FIM/CMS President, and Mr. Giuseppe Luongo, Youthstream President, to discuss about Motocross and SuperMoto developments in Asia. Discussions were very positive and a Grand Prix in Asia can be expected in 2011.

Youthstream will support the Asian Motocross Championship as it already does with the European Championship.

Mr. Giuseppe Luongo, Youthstream President, stated: “We are delighted about this close cooperation with FIM Asia, the present and future markets are there and they have the best motorcycle market in the world with a growing economy.

“We hope that with this partnership we will see more Grand Prix events in Asia and we also hope to improve the level of the Asian riders and see more and more Asian riders participating in the FIM Motocross World Championship. We would like to thank Mr. Carapiet and we are confident our partnership will be very successful.”

Dr. Wolfgang Srb, FIM/CMS President, continued: “The 21st century is very likely be the period where Asia will grow very fast, in terms of economy and population. I expect also perfect chances for the sport in general and for motorcycle sport in particular, as sport is a very important part of the social and cultural life of people.

“I am extremely happy that Mr. Stephan Carapiet, whom I know very well since many years ago, has taken over the position of President of FIM Asia. I trust that with his knowledge of the sport and his strong commitment we will soon reach the target of hosting FIM Motocross World Championship events in Asia in the very near future.”

Mr. Stephan Carapiet, President of FIM Asia, ended: “My heartfelt thanks to Dr. Wolfgang Srb and Mr. Giuseppe Luongo for their confidence in me. Having worked with both of them in countless FIM endeavors in the years past, I am positive that with their expertise and capabilities, our collective efforts will bear fruit and we will soon be able to realize and fulfill our monumental goal of bringing motorcycle sport in the Asian continent to greater heights.”

|
Mrtf
3/6/2010 2:58pm
cool, the japanese gp is always great !
Rupert X
3/6/2010 3:09pm

" The rumors of a Pakistani GNCC are unfounded at this time, although Monsoon

season sparks a likely arena for this nonsense in Dubitchan province, near

the Himalayan retreat of Bighaszmowntin. "
DrSweden
3/6/2010 3:53pm
I was thinking this means China not Japan?
hairy
3/7/2010 1:29am
it won't be Japan. Think India, south-east Asia or the Gulf, all are interested ! Perhaps Luongo knows where it's at after all, guys !

The Shop

JackLHyde
3/7/2010 2:28am
The same problems as with the Brasilian GP will happen. The smaller teams can't afford those trips, unless a big asian company starts investing some money into the GPs. That should be the "promoters" main issue, finding some sponsors to cover it at the same time, not new venues that drain their riders and teams pockets empty.

Post a reply to: asian gp in 2011

The Latest