anyone else watch with the sound turned down?

cason402
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 5:40pm
I love Fro and Ricky,

but instead of being irritated throughout the whole thing by ralph, i'd rather just enjoy it without hearing anyone.

so i cued up some Hendrix after the first 250 heat.

I say this every year, why doesn't he understand that he should call the race? He has 2 colour commentators.

But then again he seems not to know many of the riders, and can't provide even the top three in the first lap. I tried a few times to turn it back up, it just doesn't work.

anyone else?
|
dirtnapper
1/8/2012 9:15pm
He needs to stop cutting off his fellow commentators.........
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
1/8/2012 9:21pm
I wonder if it works like wizard of oz and the dark side of the moon. Listen to Metallica "and justice for all" while watching SX
Adam43
1/8/2012 9:21pm
I watched the whole thing on a laptop with a busted soundcard and it was my most pleasant SX viewing experience in a long time.
Pdub
1/8/2012 10:53pm
Yeah, I prefer it with the sound off too... but for this race, you would have never known that Dungey fell if not for RC mentioning it, since the tv coverage missed it.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/8/2012 11:04pm
Some people are a little too sensitive.
cason402
1/8/2012 11:50pm
GuyB wrote:
and the world would suck without them.

the sensitive note the disparity between the crap and the good.

without sensitivity you wouldn't have had the technological world.
without sensitivity, RD5 wouldn't have followed RD to KTM.
without sensitivity, that 2012 Kawasaki wouldn't have been built so well.
without sensitivity, Mitch wouldn't dominate.

with sensitivity, JS might have left Yamaha, and wouldn't have to hire people to setup his bikes.
with sensitivity, the Feld,Speed or whoever would present someone with a pink slip and hire Weege...

jus' sayin'
cason402
1/8/2012 11:53pm
let me also say, that putting in input to refine, or help refine something isn't "bashing".

if something isn't as good as it can be, it should be noted.

last i checked that's the American way. I tend to like that.
tobz
1/9/2012 2:57am
It's fucking hilair when they (Ralph, Jeff) make mistakes that are just so fucking rediculous. The umming and aaaring and hesitations when they're explaining something completely irrelevant when there is racing happening on the screen.

You could pick apart just about anything these "professionals" try to blubber out in the booth, but it's utterly pointless, speed continues to hire Ralph, after being shunted from the road racing scene. Fuck him off.

And i would like 2000 volts hooked up to Jeff Emig everytime he says "OOOKAAAAY"

RC does a great job for providing that quick riders inside on what's happening on the screen, without over explaining. I prefer that the other two have their mouths taped up.
cmx152
1/9/2012 3:03am
Never even noticed a problem myself, I just watch the racing and hear interesting bits of info when my ears pick it up. But then I work in a kitchen full of women and have perfected this skill over the past 8 years
StatutoryApe
1/9/2012 3:07am
cmx152 wrote:
Never even noticed a problem myself, I just watch the racing and hear interesting bits of info when my ears pick it up. But then I...
Never even noticed a problem myself, I just watch the racing and hear interesting bits of info when my ears pick it up. But then I work in a kitchen full of women and have perfected this skill over the past 8 years
that last part made me LOL
FIREfish148
1/9/2012 3:36am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2012 3:37am
I think weege does a really really damn good job in the nationals... why the hell don't they let him announce for supercross too? I try to cope with listening to his (Ralph) babble cause I want to hear what rc and fro have to say, but its like when you have a phoney dude like ralph on air he brings out the worst in people and people get up tight around him and shit!

Seriously though listen to a national from your dvr then listen to the anahiem race. Ralph pails in comparison! Weege is a true student of the sport and he is the best at what he does hands down. Dudes gifted at the shit its like hes not even having to try and be all pretentious and stuff.

Also wtf was up w/ the corney ass bret michaels plugs? Another season of this fuddy duddy cornball? Thats jus what I was thinking when I saw the opening atleast. Is it true that brett michaels is his cousin? So dude (Ralph) owns the tv crew thats filming the race, obviously doesn't give a damn about the sport cause he cant even tell who the fk the riders are (dont lie I know most of you can pick out a rider by their style and what not), and on top that dude is pluggin the shit out of this corny as fk bret michaels clown thats making our sport look even more cornball than monster is w/ all the lil skank tricks running around w/ signs? wwhaaaattthhheeeefuucckk.

Get back into the passion of the shit! Thats what got it this far. Sick
Huckster
1/9/2012 3:46am
Maybe its the producers that are whispering in both Ralph and Erin's ear. Chad's response to Erin's description of his tip over was epic....Whoever is responsible for the questions that she asks should be reevaluated.....
Flip109
1/9/2012 5:37am
cmx152 wrote:
Never even noticed a problem myself, I just watch the racing and hear interesting bits of info when my ears pick it up. But then I...
that last part made me LOL
x3!
honda341
1/9/2012 5:41am
I don't quite understand how anyone can say that Jeff did a god job last night. I think he had just as many flubbs as Ralph. Both should be removed in my mind. In a perfect world we would have 2 carmichaels announcing. I think weege is better than ralph and jeff but he still isn't as amazing as you seem to remember.
4mxonly
1/9/2012 6:10am
GuyB wrote:
cason402 wrote:
and the world would suck without them. the sensitive note the disparity between the crap and the good. without sensitivity you wouldn't have had the technological...

with sensitivity, JS might have left Yamaha, and wouldn't have to hire people to setup his bikes.
with sensitivity, the Feld,Speed or whoever would present someone with a pink slip and hire Weege...

jus' sayin'
Good answer. It's one thing to whine incessantly because some people in here see the worst in everything and want to be heard/talk about it... but, after so many years, you expect to see some improvements. It's like the old saying, "under-promise, over-deliver". While subject matter is debatable (corny vs. relevant) depending on what audience you're trying to capture interest from; the constant stuttering, awkward pauses, interruptions, ets. are all unnecessary mistakes and quite frankly embarrassing for all the hardcore fans/amateur "weekend warrior" racers who advocate motocross to non-endemic people on a daily basis, and have the common business/production knowledge to know that an outfit like Speed is capable of doing better. Instead, every time feedback is given from a passionate and involved motocross fan segment, you get a defensive answer from the "industry types" who treat valuable and trending insight like its just another complaint from the peanut gallery. Most companies pay big money for the kind of feedback that Vital MX channels... wake up, and start taking notes! Listen to your customers.
FIREfish148
1/10/2012 1:18am
GuyB wrote:
cason402 wrote:
and the world would suck without them. the sensitive note the disparity between the crap and the good. without sensitivity you wouldn't have had the technological...

jus' sayin'
4mxonly wrote:
Good answer. It's one thing to whine incessantly because some people in here see the worst in everything and want to be heard/talk about it... but...
Good answer. It's one thing to whine incessantly because some people in here see the worst in everything and want to be heard/talk about it... but, after so many years, you expect to see some improvements. It's like the old saying, "under-promise, over-deliver". While subject matter is debatable (corny vs. relevant) depending on what audience you're trying to capture interest from; the constant stuttering, awkward pauses, interruptions, ets. are all unnecessary mistakes and quite frankly embarrassing for all the hardcore fans/amateur "weekend warrior" racers who advocate motocross to non-endemic people on a daily basis, and have the common business/production knowledge to know that an outfit like Speed is capable of doing better. Instead, every time feedback is given from a passionate and involved motocross fan segment, you get a defensive answer from the "industry types" who treat valuable and trending insight like its just another complaint from the peanut gallery. Most companies pay big money for the kind of feedback that Vital MX channels... wake up, and start taking notes! Listen to your customers.
; the constant stuttering, awkward pauses, interruptions, ets. are all unnecessary mistakes and quite frankly embarrassing for all the hardcore fans/amateur "weekend warrior" besides this statement I would say that you are dead on.

Really though... can anyone say why weege hasnt got a shot yet? Its like Jamie little compared to... n/m
Hawwy
1/10/2012 3:28am
Bring Bailey back into the booth!
DrSweden
1/10/2012 3:30am
cason402 wrote:

jus' sayin'
Ha, good one!
DrSweden
1/10/2012 5:39am
Maybe a bit overkill to turn the sound down, or change to music... But based on everything these guys know, about the riders, teams, racing on this level and the emotions as in fear, pain, anger, jealousy, happiness etc, these commentators come out as a bit pale not? There's no info whatsoever that we already didn't know, other than RC sometimes predicting a pass 2 sec in advance...

Luckily the racing is still spiced with personality and passion! Smile
mccread
1/10/2012 6:09am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2012 6:12am
Eckman or Weege plus David Bailey would be perfect.

Langston and McGrath are really good too. Same with Rick Johnston.. he was always really good.. and would be a good way for him to be involved in the sport.

Robbie Floyd and Denny Stephenson were always good.

Post a reply to: anyone else watch with the sound turned down?

The Latest