another Freddie Norén thread.. 10th in points! What's next?

Edited Date/Time 8/11/2014 2:00pm
I know there's been numerous threads on this kid throughout his rise 2014, however I can't help but still beat the drum on giving props where props are due. Dude is the definition of the old adage "success is when opportunity meets preparation" and he now sits in 10th place in points.

Sure, he's been cracking Top 20 results here and there on the AMA Nationals scene since 2011, but the road for him since then has been filled with injuries and trips back and fourth to his home in Sweden so he could work a real job to make enough money to come back across the pond just to try his hand at Arenacross races, etc while his girlfriend helped turn wrenches and often spent nights sleeping in his moto van (no word on whether or not said van was located "down by the river")

What are the talking heads saying about the future for Freddie? I know he's yet to establish much of a Supercross resume, but I've gotta believe that will change going into 2015 with more confidence and (hopefully) support than ever before. Perhaps he lands on a factory supported satellite team for Supercross? Any word on trying to keep him riding Red? I've seen him say he likes Suzuki's (RCH boat sounds full and Yosh-Suz seems unlikely). Given that he was riding a KTM recently, I'd love to see him on new Husqvarna next year.. The Swedish connection there would be cool (yes I know Husky hasn't been a Swede brand for a long time now; but still)
|
mxb2
8/11/2014 8:15am
yea good points, dude def deserves some kinda support, sx skills mite keep the teams away., i am not sure of his sx skills. and not to hi jack the thread, same for metty, sitting good in the points and he also deserves a good ride, and peick also. Next year should be interesting.
Trav138
8/11/2014 8:19am
The guy is making the most out of this opportunity thats for sure.
This is one case where a better bike and support definetely increased his speed and results. I hope he gets something decent lined up.
Dirty Mike
8/11/2014 8:25am
I hope Freddie finds something, young up and comer that has shown he deserves some sort of full year deal.

As for Metty, ehhhh he's had his shot and been around the block and someone his age shouldn't be log jamming the sport.

Although Peik has had solid results and done ok, I just don't think he's shown he's got "it" and that will show in the lack of offers he gets and he will probably be privateering at A1 again.
Crush
8/11/2014 8:28am
I don't know if he's doing markedly better, or he's just getting coverage but he actually looks really good!

Thing is, there are a bunch of other guys still looking for rides too... This off season is looking harsh, and CP, RV and a few others aren't helping the rest!

The Shop

mxb2
8/11/2014 8:28am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2014 8:30am
Log jammin? really, lol 4th in points ok.. yea lets sign milsaps, he hasnt raced in how long. i ll take metty all day long , solid dude, hard worker, good guy, no drama. imo.
Dirty Mike
8/11/2014 8:30am
mxb2 wrote:
Log jammin? really, lol 4th in points ok.. yea lets sign milsaps, he hasnt raced in how long. i ll take metty all day long...
Log jammin? really, lol 4th in points ok.. yea lets sign milsaps, he hasnt raced in how long. i ll take metty all day long , solid dude, hard worker, good guy, no drama. imo.
Outside of the top 4 the field is extremely weak this year. Look at Tomac, he's raced half the series and going to get top 5 in points
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/11/2014 8:33am
Dirty Mike wrote:
I hope Freddie finds something, young up and comer that has shown he deserves some sort of full year deal. As for Metty, ehhhh he's had...
I hope Freddie finds something, young up and comer that has shown he deserves some sort of full year deal.

As for Metty, ehhhh he's had his shot and been around the block and someone his age shouldn't be log jamming the sport.

Although Peik has had solid results and done ok, I just don't think he's shown he's got "it" and that will show in the lack of offers he gets and he will probably be privateering at A1 again.
I think Peick will be fine for next year. Not sure what Freddy has cooking.
Olson
8/11/2014 8:34am
I'm happy he's living up to the expectations. But I can't keep on thinking what he could do if he got on a good team and got a trainer for the off season. Instead of worrying of financial, mechanical, transportation, logistics etc just focus on racing. I know he's been doing most of his off season riding att SOB MX and it seems to work. He raced some of the 250 east coast rounds and seemed to be getting it later in the series. He will just keep on getting better from there. He said he will be lining up in the 450 class this season, they pay is better but I would like to see him stay in the lites class during sx, it would also be fun to see him in the lites class outdoors. He was super fast when he won the Swedish MX2 Championship. I would not be surprised if he got back to riding his stock KTM out of his yellow Chevy Express.
Kyle978
8/11/2014 8:34am
Dirty Mike wrote:
I hope Freddie finds something, young up and comer that has shown he deserves some sort of full year deal. As for Metty, ehhhh he's had...

Dude, really? Metty is 4th i points, has a solid fan following, and is a true professional that will get the job done for any team.

Weston has shown he's consistent both indoors and outdoors, and will only improve. He's 7th in points, battling for 6th with Short.

I'm stoked for Freddy, he's really blossoming outdoors. His SX skills are questionable, however.
Dirty Mike
8/11/2014 8:36am
Dirty Mike wrote:

GuyB wrote:
I think Peick will be fine for next year. Not sure what Freddy has cooking.
Is he going to be along side Kroc?? And have you heard anything on Tickle??
mxb2
8/11/2014 8:37am
mxb2 wrote:
Log jammin? really, lol 4th in points ok.. yea lets sign milsaps, he hasnt raced in how long. i ll take metty all day long...
Dirty Mike wrote:
Outside of the top 4 the field is extremely weak this year. Look at Tomac, he's raced half the series and going to get top 5...
Outside of the top 4 the field is extremely weak this year. Look at Tomac, he's raced half the series and going to get top 5 in points
So its mettys fault, guys are injured, lol, gotta race the riders on the gate. since you think metty does not deserve it who does then ?
Dirty Mike
8/11/2014 8:38am
Kyle978 wrote:
Dude, really? Metty is 4th i points, has a solid fan following, and is a true professional that will get the job done for any team...
Dude, really? Metty is 4th i points, has a solid fan following, and is a true professional that will get the job done for any team.

Weston has shown he's consistent both indoors and outdoors, and will only improve. He's 7th in points, battling for 6th with Short.

I'm stoked for Freddy, he's really blossoming outdoors. His SX skills are questionable, however.
Dude I am just not buying into the whole points thing this year. The field is so weak and so many injuries have taken place. You would sign Metty for a supercross deal, really??
Glory
8/11/2014 8:39am
Norén said himself that he's probably gonna have to do it himself again after this season. Hard to find the support if you are not that good in SX
Dirty Mike
8/11/2014 8:40am
mxb2 wrote:
So its mettys fault, guys are injured, lol, gotta race the riders on the gate. since you think metty does not deserve it who does then...
So its mettys fault, guys are injured, lol, gotta race the riders on the gate. since you think metty does not deserve it who does then ?
Tickle and Peik have to figure a ride out. Weimer will be looking. Noren deserves a ride. I want to see baggett get on 450. Hopefully Bowers will do a full year of supercross. Plenty of guys
mxb2
8/11/2014 8:43am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2014 8:45am
mxb2 wrote:
So its mettys fault, guys are injured, lol, gotta race the riders on the gate. since you think metty does not deserve it who does then...
Dirty Mike wrote:
Tickle and Peik have to figure a ride out. Weimer will be looking. Noren deserves a ride. I want to see baggett get on 450. Hopefully...
Tickle and Peik have to figure a ride out. Weimer will be looking. Noren deserves a ride. I want to see baggett get on 450. Hopefully Bowers will do a full year of supercross. Plenty of guys
imo, mettys 7-10 sx guy, 3-7 outdoors and i would pick him over all those guys you listed. and at the end of the day, the points results dont lie. the stats next year wont say, he got 4th because of other riders were out.
Kyle978
8/11/2014 8:45am
Dirty Mike wrote:
Dude I am just not buying into the whole points thing this year. The field is so weak and so many injuries have taken place. You...
Dude I am just not buying into the whole points thing this year. The field is so weak and so many injuries have taken place. You would sign Metty for a supercross deal, really??
Look at individual moto results as well, how many has Metty or Weston scored outside the top 10? You're on glue if you think there's better, more consistent riders to fill these spots.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/11/2014 8:45am
Dirty Mike wrote:
Is he going to be along side Kroc?? And have you heard anything on Tickle??
If you believe rumors, Weston will be at JGR. Haven't heard on Broc.
mxb2
8/11/2014 8:46am
Dirty Mike wrote:
Dude I am just not buying into the whole points thing this year. The field is so weak and so many injuries have taken place. You...
Kyle978 wrote:
Look at individual moto results as well, how many has Metty or Weston scored outside the top 10? You're on glue if you think there's better...
Look at individual moto results as well, how many has Metty or Weston scored outside the top 10? You're on glue if you think there's better, more consistent riders to fill these spots.
x2^^
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/11/2014 8:46am
mxb2 wrote:
Dirty Mike wrote:
Tickle and Peik have to figure a ride out. Weimer will be looking. Noren deserves a ride. I want to see baggett get on 450. Hopefully...
Bowers is racing for PC next year. I heard Weston may have signed his name on a piece of paper this past week. Cool
Olson
8/11/2014 8:48am
mxb2 wrote:
Dirty Mike wrote:
Outside of the top 4 the field is extremely weak this year. Look at Tomac, he's raced half the series and going to get top 5...
Are you really serious? Extremly weak? The reason Tomac is 5th in points is because he is extremly good, he's only got one moto outside the box. That scores him twice the points compared to a 10th. At the first moto at Unadilla Noren, Goerke, Peick, Weimer and Metcalfe battled for 8th - 12th place. I don't know what you expect out of racing. Guys battling from 1st to 20th? That's dreaming. Only 11 riders have qualified for all rounds this season, it's not because the rest suck, it's because it's very hard staying fit and focus through a full season. Andrew Short is sitting 6th in points with a mechanical and a crash at Glen Helen and I'm super impressed, don't think he's extremly weak or weak at all for that matter. Weston Peick is 7th in points and I did'nt expect more of him, think he's living up to the ride he's got. James Stewart is 8th in points, missed two rounds but he's also won three motos. This is exactly what I want out of a championship, the leaders fighting for the championship down to the last race, the rest fighting for their respective place in points throughout the full series. And some runner ups fighting for the top spot of the podium even if the championship is out of reach.
Dirty Mike
8/11/2014 8:52am
ML512 wrote:
Bowers is racing for PC next year. I heard Weston may have signed his name on a piece of paper this past week. Cool
Bowers thing is good to hear. Thanks
Dirty Mike
8/11/2014 8:53am
Kyle978 wrote:
Look at individual moto results as well, how many has Metty or Weston scored outside the top 10? You're on glue if you think there's better...
Would you take Metty over josh Grant?
Kyle978
8/11/2014 8:59am
Dirty Mike wrote:
Why does it matter, they will both have a ride somewhere.

And yes I would take Metty over Grant, there's a much higher chance of Metty making it to all the rounds, representing his sponsors well on the track, off the track and with social media.
8/11/2014 9:18am
How about we get back on "topic" and continue to talk about how awesome Frederik Noren is doing!! The kid got the 5th fastest time in practice so you know he has room to grow when it comes to moto finishes. If he gets a good start, there's no reason he cant get a top 5 or 6th place finish in these last two races.
8/11/2014 9:44am
Olson wrote:
I'm happy he's living up to the expectations. But I can't keep on thinking what he could do if he got on a good team and...
I'm happy he's living up to the expectations. But I can't keep on thinking what he could do if he got on a good team and got a trainer for the off season. Instead of worrying of financial, mechanical, transportation, logistics etc just focus on racing. I know he's been doing most of his off season riding att SOB MX and it seems to work. He raced some of the 250 east coast rounds and seemed to be getting it later in the series. He will just keep on getting better from there. He said he will be lining up in the 450 class this season, they pay is better but I would like to see him stay in the lites class during sx, it would also be fun to see him in the lites class outdoors. He was super fast when he won the Swedish MX2 Championship. I would not be surprised if he got back to riding his stock KTM out of his yellow Chevy Express.
I take it you don´t listen to #Clubmxstar , the biggest MX podcast in sweden?
Last weeks episode had Fredrik saying that as of now he´s atleast switching to Honda for 450 SX.
Most likley a privateer deal, but with some good support.

And seriously, you´re missing out!

Listen! www.mxstar.se/podcast

That goes for you to "Glory"!
8/11/2014 9:49am
Kyle978 wrote:
Dirty Mike wrote:
Yes I would. IMO Metty is more likely to make it to all the races, give you top 5s. Grant can win a moto every once in a while but this is the most he's stayed healthy in a long time, and he's still missed some races. You rather have a moto win and then no race time for your sponsors for half the season? Or would you have a guy who races them all and gets 4-8 and a podium here and there?
Olson
8/11/2014 10:40am
Olson wrote:
I'm happy he's living up to the expectations. But I can't keep on thinking what he could do if he got on a good team and...
I take it you don´t listen to #Clubmxstar , the biggest MX podcast in sweden? Last weeks episode had Fredrik saying that as of now he´s...
Last weeks episode had Fredrik saying that as of now he´s atleast switching to Honda for 450 SX.

Nope, not listening to it, not planing to either. Have not looked at mxstars page in a couple of years, last time I did it looked awful and lacked info. I guess mxstar is part of mxinaction and motoaction(?) and I'm not "buying" in to that.
shuggs
8/11/2014 10:48am
Trav138 wrote:
The guy is making the most out of this opportunity thats for sure. This is one case where a better bike and support definetely increased his...
The guy is making the most out of this opportunity thats for sure.
This is one case where a better bike and support definetely increased his speed and results. I hope he gets something decent lined up.
All helps to build up confidence, so how much about MX/ SX is all about mental preparation?/ Think he is proving it does have an effect and I for one am glad to see him getting a shot and taking it.
8/11/2014 10:49am
Olson wrote:
I take it you don´t listen to #Clubmxstar , the biggest MX podcast in sweden? Last weeks episode had Fredrik saying that as of now he´s...

Olson wrote:
Nope, not listening to it, not planing to either. Have not looked at mxstars page in a couple of years, last time I did it looked...
Nope, not listening to it, not planing to either. Have not looked at mxstars page in a couple of years, last time I did it looked awful and lacked info. I guess mxstar is part of mxinaction and motoaction(?) and I'm not "buying" in to that.
Wow, talk about a bad guess.

Mxinaction is a news site.

Motoaction is an online store.

Mxstar was a online forum, now just focusing on the podcast.

None of them is part of each other in any way.

What exactly is it that your not "buying"?

Kjbmx520
8/11/2014 12:09pm
mxb2 wrote:
Dirty Mike wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I thought bowers contract had been bought out by PC says he's racing AX.

Post a reply to: another Freddie Norén thread.. 10th in points! What's next?

The Latest