Zosborne Interrogation.

Rupert X
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 11:54am

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/5-minutes-with-zach-osborne-2010.as…

Thanks Steve.

If you guys are looking for a world-class motocross hero to cheer for -

pick this #338.
|
Rupert X
6/4/2010 3:00pm

Thought it was Puerto Rico ? Costa Rica ?

Hell, maybe it was the Easter Islands, I dunno...

More kudos for the Zosborne:

Zach Osborne Wins Moates Cup
Another American Legend In The Making

Scott Cox congratulates Zach on winning the Moates Cup. June 4, 2010 - Glen Helen Raceway, CA - Young Zach Osborne won the inaugural Marty Moates Cup awarded to the top finishing American racer at the US Grand Prix held at Glen Helen Raceway Memorial Day weekend. The return of the USGP concept of pitting America's best against the crowned heads of Europe happened to fall on the 30th anniversary of Marty Moates becoming the first American to win the 1980 USGP at Carlsbad.

"I am overjoyed to present the Moates Cup to Zach... he is a talented kid and a deserving winner," says Cup co-founder Scott Cox. "What started as a little tribute to Marty became a happening unto itself! Everyone has been on board with remembering Marty's legacy."

Osborne is currently contesting the MX2 class in the international motocross GP series, and was equally happy to win the award at his "home" race. "I'm still kind of in shock, but to be on the podium here is such a good feeling," adds an elated kid from Abingdon, Virginia. "And to win the Moates Cup is an even better feeling!"

The Moates Cup could be won by either an MX1 or MX2 rider. In the final analysis, Zach's 4-2 score in MX2 beat Team Redbull KTM's MX1 rider Mike Alessi's 2-4 score by virtue of the second moto tie-breaker used in international motocross scoring.

In addition to the Moates Cup, donated by Ricky Johnson, the last American to win the USGP at Carlsbad in 1986, Osborne also collected an oversized check worth $5,000. "I'm going to put it into my savings account," said the down to earth Bike-It Cosworth Yamaha team rider when asked about the big USGP pay-off.
Speaking of Yamaha, Doug Dubach interrupted his 1-1 triumph of the Veterans Cup race held in conjunction with the USGP to take a lap of honor on Marty Moates' #23 LOP Yamaha prepared by Rick Doughty and Vintage Iron. "Giving race fans a chance to see Marty's bike and pay tribute to the man who changed the face of motocross in the U.S. is one of my greatest memories from Glen Helen," said Dubach. Quite a statement considering the fact that Dubach has won 17 World Vet championships (and now the FIM Vet Cup) on this track. "I will always remember Marty's smile that day... and I was pretty sure I was smiling the whole way around the track," said Dr. D, who did the deed in Marty's gear, complete with Seer goggles and a Jofa mouthguard (unbuttoned, of course).
Photo: Philippe Danh/Beringer

"What better testament to Marty's win 30 years ago than presenting the Moates Cup to Zach?" adds Cup co-founder Todd Huffman. Look for Huffman's film documentary The Carlsbad USGP:1980 which chronicles that magical day for Moates at the USGP to premiere at the Spreckels Theatre in San Diego on June 22. "I think the Moates Cup is a fitting tribute to Marty as America's first Carlsbad 500cc USGP hero and I'm hoping that the award and the movie help to rekindle that same type of magic."

"This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who didn't get to see these epic battles and the amazing coverage ABC shot," adds Gavin Trippe, who promoted the USGP at Carlsbad for a decade. "This film is a historic moment frozen in time, even for myself. Marty's spectacular win sent the fans crazy that day!"

Tickets for the Carlsbad USGP:1980: The Movie premier are $20 each or $30 per pair. A commemorative 1980 USGP program is even included with the ticket price.

For up to the minute information and the movie trailer: www.carlsbadusgpmovie.com

Glen Helen: Racing At Its Best Since 1985 - Located North of San Bernardino in the area of Devore, Glen Helen Raceway is set on 256 acres against a mountain side making for great course. Glen Helen Raceway started back in 1985, hosting several Sand Drags, Off-Road events and Motocross races. In 1990 Glen Helen Raceway hosted its first major event, the United States Grand Prix Motocross and again in 1991 and 1992. After hosting the USGP, the Glen Helen Raceway venue became an internationally known track. In 1995 and 1996 two more major events came to Glen Helen Raceway, the Off-Road Winter Series and the AMA 125/250 MX Nationals. Addition of these events to Glen Helen Raceway's roster helped the facility become of one of the most seen and raced on tracks in the world. Today Glen Helen Raceway has added more race tracks and has put thousands of dollars into its facility, culminating in it becoming Youthstream's choice to bring back the historic USGP race. See more at the Glen Helen website: www.glenhelen.com

###
Glen Helen Raceway Park
PO Box 6950, San Bernardino, CA 92412
tel 909-384-3942 fax 909-381-0687
###
Submitted by: Resmarket, Inc., Box 231765, Encinitas, CA 92023-1765

500guy
6/4/2010 3:29pm
Alright

Thanks for posting that Rup. Zach has really impressed me the last 3 years.
RACEGUY
6/4/2010 3:34pm
Z-Oz is a really cool kid and a truly world-class rider. I respect him all to hell.

Not only that, but he has the stones to post in here!Cool
Alex
6/4/2010 3:37pm
Hes got his head screwed on right anyway. Can't wait to see him in SX I hope they get the sponsors together to do it.

The Shop

Highsider
6/4/2010 6:34pm
Rup- Jay will attest I credited you as I used "Zosborne" all weekend at the USGP!

Jimi J
englishman
6/4/2010 6:40pm
The Earl Grey and crumpets, Marmite, Chip Butties, Bitter, Branston Pickle , Curly Wurlys etc must be agreeing with him.

Pip, Pip cheerio !
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
6/4/2010 6:41pm
Seems like a great kid.

Good to see him get a "second chance" and take full advantage to kick some ass and make the USA proud.

I miss the days the US always had someone to cheer for in the GP's. Really makes following the GP's more interesting, the racing is always good but having a hometown boy to cheer for makes it all the better!
Highsider
6/4/2010 6:42pm
englishman wrote:
The Earl Grey and crumpets, Marmite, Chip Butties, Bitter, Branston Pickle , Curly Wurlys etc must be agreeing with him.

Pip, Pip cheerio !
Tetley for me, old boy. And snap to it !
Rupert X
6/4/2010 7:22pm

An intelligent, determined young man with a wicked sense of humor that just happens

to be racing Japanese bikes for a British team based in England that meanders about

the globe, representing the USA, Yamaha, Cosworth and the Commonwealth of Virginia

-and, occasionally - Puerto Rico.

Rock on, Zosborne.

Post a reply to: Zosborne Interrogation.

The Latest