jnickell
Fantasy
1874th
5/7/2017 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2017 5:50pm
JS is forever referenced by the Scrub
RC is forever referenced by perfect seasons and, well, pure domination
MC is forever referenced for SX dominance

etc.., etc.., etc...

Going forward, anytime there is a tight points race we will forever reference Whacko Zach O's heroic charge and pass as a highly set bar of how to get it done. Keep in mind, all the best from each coast were in this thing. There are 2 variables that allowed this move to happen. Savatgy was going uncharacteristically backward and Zach O was warp speeding to the front. Had Savatgy maintained his normally decent level of speed (at least top 5), he wouldn't be as disappointed as he is today. Regardless, Zach O was a monster whether he won or not. He came from WAY back.
|
5/7/2017 3:33pm
“Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing.” - Zach Osborne
Sargent Rock
5/7/2017 3:59pm
absolutely agree. Just amazing, the focus this guy had all year.....just amazing. Good people too.
5/7/2017 4:05pm
I almost always detest going "bam-bam" but...
Last lap, coming from dead last, for the C'ship. EPIC and totally acceptable

The Shop

slipdog
5/7/2017 4:12pm
Oh shit... that dude just got Zach-O'd!
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
5/7/2017 4:14pm
TripleFive wrote:
“Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer...
“Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing.” - Zach Osborne
Isn't that a Senna saying?
tobz
5/7/2017 5:49pm
"you've just be zacked"

"he went for the zack and won"

"dude I just zacked the shit out of you"

And so on, so fourth.
TDeath21
5/7/2017 5:49pm
I'm proud of the 28 year old man beating up on teenagers all season in his 12th professional season on the 250. Side note though, any racer goes for the pass he did on Savatgy. Can't blame him there.
bvm111
5/7/2017 6:10pm
TDeath21 wrote:
I'm proud of the 28 year old man beating up on teenagers all season in his 12th professional season on the 250. Side note though, any...
I'm proud of the 28 year old man beating up on teenagers all season in his 12th professional season on the 250. Side note though, any racer goes for the pass he did on Savatgy. Can't blame him there.
Wow really... you make it sound like he lined up against super minis at Lorettas or something. Last time I checked they are all professionals racing in a professional series.... give it up its getting tired.
mxracer666
5/7/2017 6:25pm
I honestly don't think Zach meant to take him down. He was going forward at warp speed, and made up like 50 ft in the whoops alone! Coming into the corner he KNEW he had one shot to make the pass and make it stick.! Savatgy can only blame himself for being where he was. He can chalk this up to "experience" and become a better racer for it.
TDeath21
5/7/2017 6:39pm
TDeath21 wrote:
I'm proud of the 28 year old man beating up on teenagers all season in his 12th professional season on the 250. Side note though, any...
bvm111 wrote:
Wow really... you make it sound like he lined up against super minis at Lorettas or something. Last time I checked they are all professionals racing...
Wow really... you make it sound like he lined up against super minis at Lorettas or something. Last time I checked they are all professionals racing in a professional series.... give it up its getting tired.
Yeah. I hear this argument all the time. And it literally holds no water. "It's a professional series". Well A Baseball, AA Baseball, and AAA Baseball are all professional leagues too. So is the NBA D League. Everyone in this sport knows the 250 is meant to develop younger riders. I don't blame Osborne for doing it. Why wouldn't he? It just bothers me when older experienced riders stay on the 250 forever and it especially irks me when they get overly aggressive/dirty with the younger riders still learning the professional racing scene. One of the main reasons I can't stand Hansen. Osborne this year cleaned out and injured a guy in his 2nd professional SX season in practice. Pretty lame. But, as I said, everyone would have made that pass on Savatgy like he did, and I don't blame him a bit for taking advantage of the rules.
5/7/2017 7:51pm
TripleFive wrote:
“Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer...
SKIDLID wrote:
Naw, I'm pretty sure it's a ZachO quote.
5/7/2017 7:58pm
Savatgy will forever be haunted walking by the Jello snack packs at the grocery store for the rest of his life
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
5/7/2017 8:04pm
At the pace Zach O was running, had the race been 20 minutes instead of 15, he might have won it. His charge was insane. Perfect example of why you never give up.
RandyS
5/7/2017 8:23pm
Savatgy got Zach-Packed.

He had no idea Zach was coming, if he had that pass was nothing, he would have just stood Savatgy up. Similar to Dungey on Stewart, when one rider is clueless to what is headed their way bad things happen.
5/7/2017 8:59pm
TripleFive wrote:
SKIDLID wrote:
NV825
Fantasy
2711th
5/7/2017 9:22pm
TDeath21 wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
Wow really... you make it sound like he lined up against super minis at Lorettas or something. Last time I checked they are all professionals racing...
TDeath21 wrote:
Yeah. I hear this argument all the time. And it literally holds no water. "It's a professional series". Well A Baseball, AA Baseball, and AAA Baseball...
Yeah. I hear this argument all the time. And it literally holds no water. "It's a professional series". Well A Baseball, AA Baseball, and AAA Baseball are all professional leagues too. So is the NBA D League. Everyone in this sport knows the 250 is meant to develop younger riders. I don't blame Osborne for doing it. Why wouldn't he? It just bothers me when older experienced riders stay on the 250 forever and it especially irks me when they get overly aggressive/dirty with the younger riders still learning the professional racing scene. One of the main reasons I can't stand Hansen. Osborne this year cleaned out and injured a guy in his 2nd professional SX season in practice. Pretty lame. But, as I said, everyone would have made that pass on Savatgy like he did, and I don't blame him a bit for taking advantage of the rules.
Savatgy has been racing 250 SX since 2013. He should have learned by now the professional racing scene, especially the last lap for a damn championship.
TannerMxer
5/7/2017 9:50pm
jnickell wrote:
JS is forever referenced by the Scrub RC is forever referenced by perfect seasons and, well, pure domination MC is forever referenced for SX dominance etc...
JS is forever referenced by the Scrub
RC is forever referenced by perfect seasons and, well, pure domination
MC is forever referenced for SX dominance

etc.., etc.., etc...

Going forward, anytime there is a tight points race we will forever reference Whacko Zach O's heroic charge and pass as a highly set bar of how to get it done. Keep in mind, all the best from each coast were in this thing. There are 2 variables that allowed this move to happen. Savatgy was going uncharacteristically backward and Zach O was warp speeding to the front. Had Savatgy maintained his normally decent level of speed (at least top 5), he wouldn't be as disappointed as he is today. Regardless, Zach O was a monster whether he won or not. He came from WAY back.
Putting that championship into the same conversation like the 3 you listed is just asinine.
visser62
5/7/2017 10:41pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Zach has really only raced one more SX season than Joey.
Barrzy256
5/7/2017 10:51pm
How many seasons has Hill been in the class as also?
Gas7
5/8/2017 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2017 3:05pm
My favourite is always Windham and DV12, you don't get a much more brutal pass than that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3EZEj6aEVQ
djrice11 wrote:
Zach's was way better!
Forgot about that one.. About as deliberate as you can get.

Did they have a little discussion after?
peelout
5/8/2017 3:15pm
"don't Zacho me bro"
gt80rider
5/8/2017 3:20pm
"I am gonna crazy train him in the second moto"
dcg141
5/8/2017 3:24pm
Epic if ask me

RyanD797
Fantasy
464th
5/8/2017 3:30pm
I could understand for the win, but for 7th place?
5/8/2017 3:50pm
RyanD797 wrote:
I could understand for the win, but for 7th place?
Good one bro.
davistld01
5/8/2017 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2017 4:13pm
My favourite is always Windham and DV12, you don't get a much more brutal pass than that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3EZEj6aEVQ
That was no pass. That was deliberate retaliation by Windham. I must admit, I lmao every time I see that clip.

It's just like I laughed when Osborne took Versace out. For a championship...you gotta do what you gotta do. And nobody got hurt.

Post a reply to: Zach O's pass = Forever referenced

The Latest