Zach Bell GoFundMe

Starcrossed
Edited Date/Time 4/11/2016 3:51pm
Reading thru the injury report, http://racerxonline.com/2016/04/08/injury-report-indianapolis, I came across a link to a GFM account that, apparently, Zach has set up for himself, https://www.gofundme.com/s4rxkgds.
This is something I haven't seen before. I wish Zach a complete and speedy recovery, and it would be awesome to see him back soon. It's unfortunate that he has been hampered by so many injuries, and I hope a successful fundraising effort can help him bridge the financial gap until he regains his health.
|
downard254
4/9/2016 6:51am
Not to sound like Debbie Downer here, but maybe professional MX/SX isn't in the card for Zach. The body can only take so much.
Money
4/9/2016 7:52am
What has this kid done with all his money if he needs a gofund me. He got paid a lot from Kawi as an amateur and I'm sure geico paid him good along with husky.
kkawboy14
4/9/2016 7:54am
Money wrote:
What has this kid done with all his money if he needs a gofund me. He got paid a lot from Kawi as an amateur and...
What has this kid done with all his money if he needs a gofund me. He got paid a lot from Kawi as an amateur and I'm sure geico paid him good along with husky.
Not everyone asking for money is in need of money this week!

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/9/2016 8:38am
This is somewhat perplexing. Surely he hasn't burned through all his money?!

If he hasn't and is asking for donations, then that is a little odd.

hammertime
4/9/2016 8:47am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2016 8:48am
stuff like this makes me sick. the kids lived the life of riley....never worked a day in his life and is begging for money....fuck that. ever been to a children's hospital and seen the parents sleeping in their car in the parking lot for months because they can't afford a hotel.....that's where my cash goes off every check!!! get a job brittle bones!
gsxr6
4/9/2016 8:55am
It's funny cuz guys think a very short Geico ride = money enough to save. Those guys make 50g a year tops at first. That is one trip to the Dr. No way he had money saved in such a short time, besides that how many years has it already been since the Geico ride? People love to knock someone asking for help. Kick them since they are down right? The sport does little/ nothing to protect these guys from the cost of injury. And it's a joke. An AMA pro card should come with insurance for during the events . Whatever the cost so be it.
gsxr6
4/9/2016 9:00am
Any professional sport that can't cover the injury repairs to its athletes should be shut down in my opinion. I don't think they should be covered for practicing( leave that for the teams) but at events, if u are injured for any reason while the stadium and feld make money, that should be part of the cost. 5 bux more per ticket or something. Hell the damn beer is 11 bux, and the guy selling it for them has workman's comp for when he is there right? So too should every rider. Esp the privateers
MR. X
4/9/2016 9:05am
gsxr6 wrote:
Any professional sport that can't cover the injury repairs to its athletes should be shut down in my opinion. I don't think they should be covered...
Any professional sport that can't cover the injury repairs to its athletes should be shut down in my opinion. I don't think they should be covered for practicing( leave that for the teams) but at events, if u are injured for any reason while the stadium and feld make money, that should be part of the cost. 5 bux more per ticket or something. Hell the damn beer is 11 bux, and the guy selling it for them has workman's comp for when he is there right? So too should every rider. Esp the privateers
What if a fan gets hurt by a bike ?
gsxr6
4/9/2016 9:08am
They should pay for that too. Heaven forbid the rich man's precious profits be reduced in any way.
cbuehler767
4/9/2016 9:09am
gsxr6 wrote:
It's funny cuz guys think a very short Geico ride = money enough to save. Those guys make 50g a year tops at first. That is...
It's funny cuz guys think a very short Geico ride = money enough to save. Those guys make 50g a year tops at first. That is one trip to the Dr. No way he had money saved in such a short time, besides that how many years has it already been since the Geico ride? People love to knock someone asking for help. Kick them since they are down right? The sport does little/ nothing to protect these guys from the cost of injury. And it's a joke. An AMA pro card should come with insurance for during the events . Whatever the cost so be it.
So you think he's riding with no insurance? Cause no co-pay with insurance is $50K.
Ted722
4/9/2016 9:09am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2016 9:15am
I don't recall major mx magazines websites providing a gofundme link for Preston Petty. Did I miss? If not, there must be a reason.
davistld01
4/9/2016 9:30am
Sadly, I'm quite sure that a lot of young gonna-be SX/MX stars burn through cash as fast as they earn it because they know the "big ride" is right around the corner, or the one they have is gonna last forever. Cars, houses, toys...it doesn't take long. Then a couple of major injuries happen, and things can get scary fast.

Chugger
4/9/2016 9:32am
Can someone tell me exactly how much young Zachery has earned before I donate?
4/9/2016 9:59am
hammertime wrote:
stuff like this makes me sick. the kids lived the life of riley....never worked a day in his life and is begging for money....fuck that. ever...
stuff like this makes me sick. the kids lived the life of riley....never worked a day in his life and is begging for money....fuck that. ever been to a children's hospital and seen the parents sleeping in their car in the parking lot for months because they can't afford a hotel.....that's where my cash goes off every check!!! get a job brittle bones!
Yup.

hammertime
4/9/2016 10:04am
I was a really fast pro but not fast enough to make it. So for my 19th birthday I got an empty envelope from my dad that said " put visa card in here "... So I did and went to work like a man and made something of myself. What the fuck is wrong with that program?
gsxr6
4/9/2016 10:08am
Who knows what he is riding with. Maybe the teams do provide health insurance. Idk. I'd bet most the privateers can barely afford to be there, and don't have insurance. Maybe obamacare covers them. The point is that feld and.mxsports should, and require all the teams and riders to either pay some portion, or even dip into tight margins and pay for it, and recover it via gate fees, higher merchandising costs, etc
Jimmy_Sloan
4/9/2016 10:08am
hammertime wrote:
I was a really fast pro but not fast enough to make it. So for my 19th birthday I got an empty envelope from my dad...
I was a really fast pro but not fast enough to make it. So for my 19th birthday I got an empty envelope from my dad that said " put visa card in here "... So I did and went to work like a man and made something of myself. What the fuck is wrong with that program?
So everyone who doesn't take your route is somehow inferior? Do you really know that much about Bell, his situation, and why he is where he is?
Starcrossed
4/9/2016 10:45am
Hammertime...definitely the perfect handle, and while I share many of his views, I doubt either one of us had a fraction of the talent Bell has. I'd like to see Zach back out there. I hope we don't lose Hammertime again, in the interim. His posts are amusing.
4/9/2016 10:47am
hammertime wrote:
stuff like this makes me sick. the kids lived the life of riley....never worked a day in his life and is begging for money....fuck that. ever...
And kids with cancer like the Loma Linda thing Bauer does.

They didnt get an opportunity from the start. Those kids get a free sticker and they think they won the Powerball lottery.

rt987
4/9/2016 10:52am
People should donate only if he promises never to ride again. Because we all know in a year from now he will be on the sidelines again, with some terrible injury.... or worse. Not being a jerk, but give it up man, some people just can't call it quits
4/9/2016 10:54am
hammertime wrote:
I was a really fast pro but not fast enough to make it. So for my 19th birthday I got an empty envelope from my dad...
Not a damn thing. Even the best RJ Wardy Hannah Lechien etc all had to go to work doing something.
Some had it easier than others but still working.

Few made enough to last a lifetime. Even Mini stars from our era that didnt make it.
Denis, Hicks, Brown, Thompson, McCoy....all had to go to work.

ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
4/9/2016 10:58am
gsxr6 wrote:
Who knows what he is riding with. Maybe the teams do provide health insurance. Idk. I'd bet most the privateers can barely afford to be there...
Who knows what he is riding with. Maybe the teams do provide health insurance. Idk. I'd bet most the privateers can barely afford to be there, and don't have insurance. Maybe obamacare covers them. The point is that feld and.mxsports should, and require all the teams and riders to either pay some portion, or even dip into tight margins and pay for it, and recover it via gate fees, higher merchandising costs, etc
If a rider, pro or not, doesn't have health insurance they shouldn't get on a bike. It really is that simple.
Motoxdoc
4/9/2016 11:04am
hammertime wrote:
I'm sorry this story makes you sick. While it's great that you donate "cash off every check"and point out other peoples medical needs (I'm assuming you support the Affordable Health Care Act).....what's with the Zach bashing? Being on Vital you're not a fan of everything MX? You are making quite an assumption when saying he has "never worked a day in his life"! You base that on knowledge or lack thereof (ignorance)? Vital-MX...a place where motocross fans can feel good about dissin' the stars of our sport. Being a true fan of motocross I respect all of the racers out there...even if and when they fall on hard times.....Villopoto AND J-Law, Weston Pieck AND Vince Friese. I almost forgot to mention how much I respect DV and his opinions as well!
kkawboy14
4/9/2016 11:16am
gsxr6 wrote:
It's funny cuz guys think a very short Geico ride = money enough to save. Those guys make 50g a year tops at first. That is...
It does come with insurance.
hammertime
4/9/2016 11:19am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2016 11:27am
I'm probably the biggest fan of the sport of anybody. I've done it all, seen it all, donated money to racers where I have seen fit! but why the fuck would I need to love everything. That's downright stupid !
4/9/2016 11:47am
gsxr6 wrote:
Who knows what he is riding with. Maybe the teams do provide health insurance. Idk. I'd bet most the privateers can barely afford to be there...
ACBraap wrote:
If a rider, pro or not, doesn't have health insurance they shouldn't get on a bike. It really is that simple.
Yup.
Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.
We all know the risk of throwing a leg over our bikes. If you're not insured, don't ride. If you do, and get hurt, suck it up, and don't ask for hand outs.

Post a reply to: Zach Bell GoFundMe

The Latest