Zach Bell

JMR1976
10/2/2015 9:06pm
jhansen510 wrote:
He stopped riding due to a swollen brain. I do not think it was connected to his crash in Dallas. It was more due to multiple...
He stopped riding due to a swollen brain. I do not think it was connected to his crash in Dallas. It was more due to multiple concussions over a short period of time.
Bad news. I wish him the best.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/2/2015 9:39pm
Yes they did. I think that Asterisk Medical Crew was pressured to get him back out there because of the new 6D helmet technology. Bell went...
Yes they did. I think that Asterisk Medical Crew was pressured to get him back out there because of the new 6D helmet technology. Bell went back out and crashed again that same night.
When has "helmet technology" ever pressured anyone to do anything?

You're not making any sense.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
10/2/2015 10:07pm
Charper732 wrote:
That's the equivalent of "I saw something on the internet once, so it must be true."
BobPA wrote:
Did you ever watch the video? That boy was out cold. I am not arguing if he had a concussion, because I do not know.
Did you ever watch the video? That boy was out cold. I am not arguing if he had a concussion, because I do not know.
Come on Bob. He was taking an assessment of himself. It is perfectly normal to lay motionless on the track with 19 bikes coming behind you....
Hut
10/2/2015 10:18pm
He was fine...

The Shop

Rhody
10/2/2015 11:37pm
.... and Julian Edelman did not have a concussion during the last Superbowl.
10/3/2015 8:25am
JMR1976 wrote:
I still think that first crash where he didn't knock himself out but layed on the track like a dead person messed him up. Then they...
I still think that first crash where he didn't knock himself out but layed on the track like a dead person messed him up. Then they let him race the next weekend. Shocked
fins227 wrote:
They let him race the same night didn't they?
Yes they did. I think that Asterisk Medical Crew was pressured to get him back out there because of the new 6D helmet technology. Bell went...
Yes they did. I think that Asterisk Medical Crew was pressured to get him back out there because of the new 6D helmet technology. Bell went back out and crashed again that same night.
Zach went through our concussion protocol and passed. He was then seen by a doctor who also did an evaluation and cleared him. I was there and never where we pressured by anyone to do anything.
10/3/2015 8:53am
jhansen510 wrote:
He was knocked out! Ask the asterisk crew!
Who did you talk to that said he was knocked out?
10/3/2015 9:00am
jhansen510 wrote:
I am not having this fight again. I am not saying that Dr. Bod or the asterisk crew had some conspiracy theory going. What I am...
I am not having this fight again. I am not saying that Dr. Bod or the asterisk crew had some conspiracy theory going. What I am saying is that Bell had no business being on a bike after that crash earlier in the night. That was one of the gnarliest wrecks I have ever seen. Many guys that were also racing that night agree with that statement. Some of them are more vocal about it than others.
You can say what you want but when you state that someone on my team said Zach was knocked out I would like to know who. I was first to arrive at Zach's side and his eyes where open and he was responsive. From that point we put him through out protocol. So again I ask you who stated Zach was knocked out?
JB 19
10/3/2015 9:18am
It's a big world and there are lots of other things to do other than race dirt bikes for a living. It's obvious Zack gave it his best shot. He can still ride for fun and do whatever he decides to do to make a living.
jeffro503
10/3/2015 9:18am
Zach did hit hard , like really hard. And I know that when I have smacked the ground really hard a few times , the first thing you do is lay their motionless. Kind of a way to double check yourself and make sure everything is still in tact , what hurts and so forth. I'll take Eddie's word on this , because it's what he does. I'm not going to be one of the guys that tries to throw him or his team under the bus. And if he says that Zach passed all the tests , then Zach passed all the tests.
BobPA
10/3/2015 9:31am
You can say what you want but when you state that someone on my team said Zach was knocked out I would like to know who...
You can say what you want but when you state that someone on my team said Zach was knocked out I would like to know who. I was first to arrive at Zach's side and his eyes where open and he was responsive. From that point we put him through out protocol. So again I ask you who stated Zach was knocked out?
How long was it before you got to him? I am not arguing he passed all the tests, because I'm sure he did. But, I just watched the video a bunch of times. When he hits the ground he is totally lifeless for a few seconds. People move at least a bit after a big one. This "self check" for me always meant making sure I can move everything, not laying facedown in the middle of a track playing dead....
Starcrossed
10/3/2015 9:34am
Here is the entry from the injury report preceding the Ironman National.
Zach Bell – Head
Comment: Bell underwent an MRI and CT scan and doctors found out he had “blood around the brain” and a “pretty big size hematoma on the brain.” Doctors told Bell the expected recovery time is seven months to a year.

I believe all the racers have baseline tests done before the season so that accurate evaluations may be performed by the medical team at the event. After reading Eddie's comments it would appear unlikely that Zach suffered a concussion at that particular event.

Hut
10/3/2015 10:44am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2015 10:58am
No point arguing if he was knocked out or not because we all know what we believe happened 2 years ago and no one will change their mind. What we could all see was after the crash he got up wobbled his way to the mule with assistance then got back on later and did another head plant. Huh

edit- I forgot to say that I wish Bell the best in recovery and hope he can stay healthy no matter what he does in his future endeavors.
10/3/2015 11:50am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2015 11:57am
jeffro503 wrote:
Zach did hit hard , like really hard. And I know that when I have smacked the ground really hard a few times , the first...
Zach did hit hard , like really hard. And I know that when I have smacked the ground really hard a few times , the first thing you do is lay their motionless. Kind of a way to double check yourself and make sure everything is still in tact , what hurts and so forth. I'll take Eddie's word on this , because it's what he does. I'm not going to be one of the guys that tries to throw him or his team under the bus. And if he says that Zach passed all the tests , then Zach passed all the tests.
Agree with statement!

Bob sometimes people move because they're knocked out. They moan and dont really respond to you. It takes them a while to come to. Casillas would of known considering how quick he got there. And sometimes guys that aren't knocked lay there and don't move and focus on just trying to fill their lungs with air. Which he probably couldn't do after that impact. But you should rely on a medical professional and the rider. Zach woukdnt lie and say "nope never lost conciousness. "
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
10/3/2015 12:42pm
I meant to write he was NOT knocked out. I am not going to call the Asterisk team liars. I believe that he passed the tests in place. I still believe that he had no business being back on a bike that evening. Much more to lost than to gain! Adrenaline is a crazy thing and in hindsight I do not know how anyone could argue that he should have been riding after that wreck... That is all I am saying.
jeffro503
10/3/2015 1:03pm
jhansen510 wrote:
I meant to write he was NOT knocked out. I am not going to call the Asterisk team liars. I believe that he passed the tests...
I meant to write he was NOT knocked out. I am not going to call the Asterisk team liars. I believe that he passed the tests in place. I still believe that he had no business being back on a bike that evening. Much more to lost than to gain! Adrenaline is a crazy thing and in hindsight I do not know how anyone could argue that he should have been riding after that wreck... That is all I am saying.
I agree with that JH. Even if his head hadn't hit hard enough to get knocked out , and was in a clear state of mind....his body had of been hurting pretty damn bad. When they said he was lining back up , I was in disbelief. I can't see how the hell it was even possible , BUT we have had guys in this sport wrap their broken tib / fib with duct tape so they could go back out and race ( Ryan Hughes ). It's amazing what Adrenalin can motivate a person to accomplish.
Charper732
10/3/2015 1:26pm
jhansen510 wrote:
I meant to write he was NOT knocked out. I am not going to call the Asterisk team liars. I believe that he passed the tests...
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree with that JH. Even if his head hadn't hit hard enough to get knocked out , and was in a clear state of mind....his...
I agree with that JH. Even if his head hadn't hit hard enough to get knocked out , and was in a clear state of mind....his body had of been hurting pretty damn bad. When they said he was lining back up , I was in disbelief. I can't see how the hell it was even possible , BUT we have had guys in this sport wrap their broken tib / fib with duct tape so they could go back out and race ( Ryan Hughes ). It's amazing what Adrenalin can motivate a person to accomplish.
You got to admit, when he was back on the line for the LCQ and then made it into the main. I'm pretty sure everyone said in their head "holy f**k" That was some special stuff
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
10/3/2015 2:03pm
I do not know if special is the word I would use. I remember what it is like to be 17. I can not imagine what it is like to be 17 and be inches from becoming a moto superstar! I think that he should have been told he was sitting out for the night. Parents, team, dr's, whoever it might of been to tell him. He should not have been racing after that get off! That is all I am saying. When you watch the video it seems crazy to me to lie there motionless with guys nearly landing on you.

If he was or was not knocked out we will never know. Is it possible to be knocked out cold and not have a concussion?
JMR1976
10/3/2015 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2015 2:44pm
jhansen510 wrote:
X2 I would not let my kid ride for a month after a crash like that. I have seen the affects of hitting your head multiple times. Its not a fun thing to deal with. Zack choose to get back on the bike early multiple times. Now he is paying the price it seems.
HuskyEd
11/11/2015 10:56am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2015 11:08am
Looks like Zach is racing 250 West

Matthes tweet:5150 Energy Drink signed Zach Bell to go with Hayden Mellross 250SX West series

DR176
11/11/2015 11:27am
HuskyEd wrote:
Looks like Zach is racing 250 West Matthes tweet:[i]5150 Energy Drink signed Zach Bell to go with Hayden Mellross 250SX West series[/i] [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTjWPPKXIAEVQkt.jpg[/img]
Looks like Zach is racing 250 West

Matthes tweet:5150 Energy Drink signed Zach Bell to go with Hayden Mellross 250SX West series

I wish Zach the best, he's a really good kid, but I hope they have given it enough time to be out there safely.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
11/11/2015 12:17pm
51FIFTY Yamaha and former GEICO Honda and Rockstar Energy Husqvarna rider Zach Bell have agreed to a deal for the 2016 Monster Energy Supercross season. Bell, the team's highest profile signing in its fifth year, will contest the West Region alongside Australian Hayden Mellross.

"It's a solid move for 51FIFTY as we continue to grow entering our fifth year as a team," explains team manager, Craig Monty. "Zach certainly has the speed, anyone who watches him knows that, and we can't wait for Anaheim 1."

"I'm fired up to be part of the 51FIFTY team," says Bell. "The program is strong and from the first day I rode the practice bike, I adapted right away to the YZ. As a team we have the same realistic goals and, personally, it's great having confidence in the bike, team staff, and total program. I feel this can be a break-out year for me and just ready to keep moving forward."

After winning the 2012 AMA Horizon Award, Bell made his debut with GEICO Honda at the Southwick National. In his three-plus seasons as a professional Bell has been hampered by injuries and crashes, including one the scariest crashes in SX history, when a scrub went wrong at the 2013 250SX East Region opener.

After two-plus seasons with GEICO Honda, Bell signed with Rockstar Energy Husqvarna last season, but missed all but one round of Lucas Oil Pro Motocross due to a head injury. When we last checked in with him over the summer, Bell pegged his recovery at seven months to a year.

From RacerX
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
11/11/2015 12:33pm
Good for him, I hope he can stay healthy and show his speed.

Post a reply to: Zach Bell

The Latest