Zach Bell

sherro24
Edited Date/Time 9/10/2014 3:41pm
Im a big fan of this kid but does anyone have any idea where he might end up next year? really hope he has his breakout in 15
|
IWreckALot
9/9/2014 5:14am
sherro24 wrote:
Im a big fan of this kid but does anyone have any idea where he might end up next year? really hope he has his breakout...
Im a big fan of this kid but does anyone have any idea where he might end up next year? really hope he has his breakout in 15
He's thrown me for a loop. He came in and was holeshotting everything but had his experience with crashes. And this season, I remember seeing him about 5 times on the tube and usually not on two wheels. And didn't get good starts. I have a feeling he's got more speed than he does brains.
Gringoe
9/9/2014 5:16am
sherro24 wrote:
Im a big fan of this kid but does anyone have any idea where he might end up next year? really hope he has his breakout...
IWreckALot wrote:
He's thrown me for a loop. He came in and was holeshotting everything but had his experience with crashes. And this season, I remember seeing him...
He's thrown me for a loop. He came in and was holeshotting everything but had his experience with crashes. And this season, I remember seeing him about 5 times on the tube and usually not on two wheels. And didn't get good starts. I have a feeling he's got more speed than he does brains.
Kinda surprised it took a couple years for you to realize this haha.

Next year will be his make or break year..
9/9/2014 5:44am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2014 5:48am
He's too small to race professional motocross on a full sized motocross bike.
Wow !

Height, 5'6. Weight, 135 - ZB
Height, 5'7. Weight, 135 - BB

And BB is apparently going to 450, oh shit man you better tell him quick

The Shop

Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
9/9/2014 6:45am
Somewhere JT$ is laughing
9/9/2014 6:52am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2014 6:53am
Wow ! Height, 5'6. Weight, 135 - ZB Height, 5'7. Weight, 135 - BB And BB is apparently going to 450, oh shit man you better...
Wow !

do you watch professional motocross at all? you should. dirt bikes on a closed course is very exciting. anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see that Bell just can't hold the bike up as well as some of his peers. "small" isn't just height and weight, its body composition. Bell just isn't big or strong enough. Wicked talented kid, but when 3 guys go into a 180 bowl turn in SX and one of them is Bell.... Or a gnarly uphill whoop section for 30 minutes straight...

Baggett gets away with being 140lbs because he is 140lbs of sinew and muscle. He is the EXCEPTION, not the norm. an anomaly. Generally speaking, 130lbs and borderline prepubescent is not cutting it. don't fixate yourself on numbers. Watch the racing, pay attention, and you'll see these things.
9/9/2014 6:55am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2014 6:58am
Yet another comment showing your massive level of intelligence, your choice of words from your limited vocabulary is well suited at least.

If you want a long list of successful riders who you class as small - just let me know.
huck
9/9/2014 7:05am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2014 7:05am
Yet another comment showing your massive level of intelligence, your choice of words from your limited vocabulary is well suited at least. If you want a...
Yet another comment showing your massive level of intelligence, your choice of words from your limited vocabulary is well suited at least.

If you want a long list of successful riders who you class as small - just let me know.
Doesn't Kenny Roczen only weigh 135 as well? I'm sure he'll never amount to much either....

http://supercross.com/teams/red-bull-ktm/ken-roczen/
TannerMxer
9/9/2014 7:09am
Wow ! Height, 5'6. Weight, 135 - ZB Height, 5'7. Weight, 135 - BB And BB is apparently going to 450, oh shit man you better...
Wow !

do you watch professional motocross at all? you should. dirt bikes on a closed course is very exciting. anyone with two brain cells to rub together...

do you watch professional motocross at all? you should. dirt bikes on a closed course is very exciting. anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see that Bell just can't hold the bike up as well as some of his peers. "small" isn't just height and weight, its body composition. Bell just isn't big or strong enough. Wicked talented kid, but when 3 guys go into a 180 bowl turn in SX and one of them is Bell.... Or a gnarly uphill whoop section for 30 minutes straight...

Baggett gets away with being 140lbs because he is 140lbs of sinew and muscle. He is the EXCEPTION, not the norm. an anomaly. Generally speaking, 130lbs and borderline prepubescent is not cutting it. don't fixate yourself on numbers. Watch the racing, pay attention, and you'll see these things.
You do realize that both James Stewart and Ricky Carmichael are/were like 5'6"/5"5" around 145lbs in their careers. Being lightweight doesn't make you an "anomaly".
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
9/9/2014 7:13am
Someone tell Jimmy Decotis and Alex Martin they should find a new career, cause they're too small..
mx317
9/9/2014 7:14am
do you watch professional motocross at all? you should. dirt bikes on a closed course is very exciting. anyone with two brain cells to rub together...

A man has to know his limitations and I'm not talking about Zack Bell's size.
9/9/2014 7:17am
You know what is hilarious? Unfortunately 2015 will, in all likelihood, be the kid's last year with a big sponsorship ride. And at the end of the day, a large portion of that downfall will be due to his size, plain and simple. But you keyboard jockeys will sit and argue anything and everything under the sun with such fury that you lose sight of the original argument to begin with.

Huck, get out to the races. Kenny is about 5'8'' 165lbs. Probably the most approachable guy in the pits, too. Just walks all over the place with a sharpie in his hand signing anything and everything.
wow123
9/9/2014 7:17am
doesnt RV tower over everyone, nearly pick up for the NBL

what about the Goat, he shoulda played NFL surely

given a few years to fill out ZB be fine,

though it is an indictment on the US series there being NO 125 class so they have time to develop physically.

read my sig for my opinion on size shit
steveada
9/9/2014 7:27am
My wife doesn't know much about mx, but she is pretty smart, and she says "size matters".
huck
9/9/2014 7:35am
You know what is hilarious? Unfortunately 2015 will, in all likelihood, be the kid's last year with a big sponsorship ride. And at the end of...
You know what is hilarious? Unfortunately 2015 will, in all likelihood, be the kid's last year with a big sponsorship ride. And at the end of the day, a large portion of that downfall will be due to his size, plain and simple. But you keyboard jockeys will sit and argue anything and everything under the sun with such fury that you lose sight of the original argument to begin with.

Huck, get out to the races. Kenny is about 5'8'' 165lbs. Probably the most approachable guy in the pits, too. Just walks all over the place with a sharpie in his hand signing anything and everything.
My point is...he weighed 135 a year or two ago...should that have been his death sentence? And now, i'd bet he doesn't weigh over 150.

What does him being approachable have to do with the FACT that he was 135 pounds (last year) and is now a WORLD AND NATIONAL CHAMPION???
mx317
9/9/2014 7:43am

Rik will be a champ one day!
kawirider819
9/9/2014 7:51am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2014 7:53am
Wow, Harry. What the hell are you smoking dude?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
9/9/2014 8:02am
mx317 wrote:
[img]https://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/pacers/smits_300_motocross.jpg[/img] Rik will be a champ one day!

That's awesome! I'm 6'5" and feel like I'm way too tall for modern geometry. I can't imagine how awkward he must feel, but good for him for giving it a go. Assuming he did pretty well financially in his NBA days, I wonder if he's ever thought about having a custom frame fabricated longer and taller but with the same geometry as stock? Much like mountain bikes that have frame sizes XS-XL, but all share the same components.
9/9/2014 8:06am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2014 8:06am
I am so glad people chimed in on this thread

Harry you must be a massive meth head, your comments are priceless, I also love the way you stay on topic lmfao
machine
9/9/2014 8:12am
Zachs riding actually strikes me as someone who has to ride over his head to be up front, which doesn't work out so well in the pro ranks. I've seen others with the same traits come and go in the past. He's a good rider, but you have to keep it on 2 wheels..
mach6972
9/9/2014 8:15am
any relation to To Tall Mike Bell?
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
9/9/2014 8:18am
I sure as hell wouldn't sign him. No offense meant and just my opinion.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
9/9/2014 8:20am
seth505 wrote:
I sure as hell wouldn't sign him. No offense meant and just my opinion.
Rik Smits? I wouldn't sign him either, I just think it's cool that he is 7' and does vintage racing.

Wink
JeepnMike
9/9/2014 9:41am
mx317 wrote:
[img]https://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/pacers/smits_300_motocross.jpg[/img] Rik will be a champ one day!

Grinning Panty dropper!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/9/2014 9:52am
Meanwhile, he's out there doing it, and you're in here talking about it.
Squid-mom
9/9/2014 9:58am
That size thing really seems to be holding Jeremy Martin back too!
9/9/2014 10:08am
You know what is hilarious? Unfortunately 2015 will, in all likelihood, be the kid's last year with a big sponsorship ride. And at the end of...

You know what's hilarious? That I can't figure out if you're being serious or if you're just trying to stir the pot. There's no way that you can be serious.

Didn't Jeff Ward use blocks to stand on for starts until they outlawed them? and he won a 500cc championship.... A good number of great riders are pretty small.
Barrett57
9/9/2014 10:14am
Harry Callahan.

Charles Bronson, The insanity wolf and the Two stroke taliban has returned.

Post a reply to: Zach Bell

The Latest