Yz125, Tc125 or Sx150 ? .......

12/1/2016 1:07pm
brocsdad wrote:
There is a lot of bad info on here. In 2016 the KTM/Husky were all new bikes. They received new frames and motors and are by...
There is a lot of bad info on here.

In 2016 the KTM/Husky were all new bikes. They received new frames and motors and are by far the best handling and fastest 125's made (unless you include the TM 125 but that is another story).

In the past the KTM 150 had good bottom and mid but ran flat on top. In 2016 the opposite is true and the 150 hits hard in the upper mid and pulls forever on top, It's very fast in the right hands but most people prefer to race the 125. The 125 power is broad and easy to use but not as exciting as the 150. The majority of riders will go faster on the 125. The KTM suspension is not as good as the YZ but Billy at Powerband Racing has the KTM suspension figured out.

The YZ is a great bike and there are plenty of good deals out there. It is down about 3.5hp from the KTM but with a pipe, porting and race fuel you can match the KTM but if you mod the KTM the gap is still there.

My sons modded KTM 125 that is making around 40hp. He loves the bike.

The KTM will be more expensive to own and maintain but it is a better bike than the YZ.

Good Luck!
what mods you done to your bike? mine makes 38.5 at the wheel on a dyno with hgs pipe and silencer
brocsdad
12/1/2016 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2016 1:38pm
brocsdad wrote:
There is a lot of bad info on here. In 2016 the KTM/Husky were all new bikes. They received new frames and motors and are by...
There is a lot of bad info on here.

In 2016 the KTM/Husky were all new bikes. They received new frames and motors and are by far the best handling and fastest 125's made (unless you include the TM 125 but that is another story).

In the past the KTM 150 had good bottom and mid but ran flat on top. In 2016 the opposite is true and the 150 hits hard in the upper mid and pulls forever on top, It's very fast in the right hands but most people prefer to race the 125. The 125 power is broad and easy to use but not as exciting as the 150. The majority of riders will go faster on the 125. The KTM suspension is not as good as the YZ but Billy at Powerband Racing has the KTM suspension figured out.

The YZ is a great bike and there are plenty of good deals out there. It is down about 3.5hp from the KTM but with a pipe, porting and race fuel you can match the KTM but if you mod the KTM the gap is still there.

My sons modded KTM 125 that is making around 40hp. He loves the bike.

The KTM will be more expensive to own and maintain but it is a better bike than the YZ.

Good Luck!
fordo-197 wrote:
what mods you done to your bike? mine makes 38.5 at the wheel on a dyno with hgs pipe and silencer
I normally buy new bikes but I came across one of the factory amateurs 125's with 3 hours for 2K less than a new one. I have used Terry Varner for all my recent motor builds but this bike was built by EBR. They also do good work.
Mods:
EBR Porting, Head Mod, Case weld and match, Super Trans finish and Carb mods.
Suspension:
Powerband setup for 115lbs.
4hp over stock.

I was told the BUD HGS makes better mid and top so I went with the FMF. The new Bill's pipe is supposed to be better all around.

12/1/2016 1:46pm
brocsdad wrote:
I normally buy new bikes but I came across one of the factory amateurs 125's with 3 hours for 2K less than a new one. I...
I normally buy new bikes but I came across one of the factory amateurs 125's with 3 hours for 2K less than a new one. I have used Terry Varner for all my recent motor builds but this bike was built by EBR. They also do good work.
Mods:
EBR Porting, Head Mod, Case weld and match, Super Trans finish and Carb mods.
Suspension:
Powerband setup for 115lbs.
4hp over stock.

I was told the BUD HGS makes better mid and top so I went with the FMF. The new Bill's pipe is supposed to be better all around.

Wow! Bet that rips

The Shop

Post a reply to: Yz125, Tc125 or Sx150 ? .......

The Latest