Youthstream's Push Into SX?

HuskyEd
Edited Date/Time 6/15/2016 8:44pm
Looks to be a legit SX layout in a decent sized venue. Could this be the start of International SX? This happens one week before the MEC

From the PR:
The Monster Energy SMX Riders’ Cup, will take place at the Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, on the 8th of October 2016

https://youtu.be/fvIY9O2UzgI

Interesting:

How the racing works:

Each manufacturer, KTM, Honda, Husqvarna, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and TM, will have a team of four riders. Three main riders and one ‘Joker’. The Joker can replace any rider on the team at any time.
The riders can ride any bike they want between 245cc to 450cc, regardless of their age. It also doesn’t matter if the engine is 4-stroke or 2-stroke.
Each team will have ONE team captain, and that rider will race the ‘Superpole’.
The Superpole is a 2-Lap sprint. Only 7 riders enter, 1 from each brand.
The team whose rider is the fastest in the Superpole will have the 1/8/15 gate pick, the second one will have 2/9/16, and so on.
Three main races will be raced. There will be three riders per team. The team with the lowest score at the end of the event will win.
Prize money for the individual overall winner:

- 1st: €50,000

- 2nd: €30,000

- 3rd: €20,000

The best placed MX2 rider will receive €10,000.
The riders points system is like: 1 point for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd etc.
Prize money for the winning manufacturer:

The manufacturers points system is like the riders’ points system: 1 point for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd etc.
There will be 9 scores from each team on the board. The 7 best scores are counted. The worst 2 results are dropped.
In addition to the main events, there will be two junior classes in the form of the SMX125cc and a YZ125 Cup which is an invitational race for Yamaha riders, arranged by Yamaha and the national federations across Europe

|
Mr. Info
6/15/2016 5:44pm
They already are with FIM being the 450 class. If you look you see and FIM sticker on the 450 bikes.
slowgti
6/15/2016 7:06pm
Kind of looks like a 30+ sx track
mx836
6/15/2016 8:23pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Looks to be a legit SX layout in a decent sized venue. Could this be the start of International SX? This happens one week before the...
Looks to be a legit SX layout in a decent sized venue. Could this be the start of International SX? This happens one week before the MEC

From the PR:
The Monster Energy SMX Riders’ Cup, will take place at the Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, on the 8th of October 2016

Interesting:

How the racing works:

Each manufacturer, KTM, Honda, Husqvarna, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and TM, will have a team of four riders. Three main riders and one ‘Joker’. The Joker can replace any rider on the team at any time.
The riders can ride any bike they want between 245cc to 450cc, regardless of their age. It also doesn’t matter if the engine is 4-stroke or 2-stroke.
The team whose rider is the fastest in the Superpole will have the 1/8/15 gate pick, the second one will have 2/9/16, and so on.
Three main races will be raced. There will be three riders per team. The team with the lowest score at the end of the event will win.

The riders points system is like: 1 point for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd etc.

The manufacturers points system is like the riders’ points system: 1 point for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd etc.
There will be 9 scores from each team on the board. The 7 best scores are counted. The worst 2 results are dropped.
In addition to the main events, there will be two junior classes in the form of the SMX125cc and a YZ125 Cup which is an invitational race for Yamaha riders, arranged by Yamaha and the national federations across Europe

Sign me up!

The Shop

Arni
6/15/2016 11:51pm
It has nothing to do with FIM. This is the private Youthstream race, coordinated with bike manufacturers.

FIM season ends with MXoN.
philG
6/16/2016 12:22am
Be interesting to see how much support this gets .. 28 riders isn't a lot, i can see one German rider in it at best, maybe 1 Brit ( Anstie) , and that's it.

I wonder how bothered the manufacturers are .
slowgti
6/16/2016 3:18am
HuskyEd wrote:
Looks to be a legit SX layout in a decent sized venue. Could this be the start of International SX? This happens one week before the...

From the PR:

Interesting:

How the racing works:

mx836 wrote:
Sign me up!
You can have my spot too! I'm 30+ and I don't want to ride anything with super in the name.
Bearuno
6/16/2016 4:11am
philG wrote:
Be interesting to see how much support this gets .. 28 riders isn't a lot, i can see one German rider in it at best, maybe...
Be interesting to see how much support this gets .. 28 riders isn't a lot, i can see one German rider in it at best, maybe 1 Brit ( Anstie) , and that's it.

Phil, I can't imagine that twat Luongo would not have 'signed up' manufacturers to participate in this, before going ahead with it.

MInd you, he , apparently, didn't consult with others with regards to the idiotic superfinals, a few seasons ago, and the points for qualifying motos he wanted to set up for this years GPs. This time, I think he might have consulted, as there's a shedload of money at stake.

It might be interesting, but I'm worried it might be a lead into having full GPs in such a venue. That, would suck, beyond belief.

Charlotte is a thing to be wary of, too. Let's see how that goes. Motocross = Outdoors, and, preferably, not outdoors inside an oval circuit. Charlotte smacks of that Edmondson(sp?) blokes vision of MX in Nascar type venues, a few years ago. when DMG bought AMA Pro Racing rights. Thankfully, DC and Co got the contract to run US Outdoors.
philG
6/16/2016 4:47am
philG wrote:
Be interesting to see how much support this gets .. 28 riders isn't a lot, i can see one German rider in it at best, maybe...

Bearuno wrote:
Phil, I can't imagine that twat Luongo would not have 'signed up' manufacturers to participate in this, before going ahead with it. MInd you, he...
Phil, I can't imagine that twat Luongo would not have 'signed up' manufacturers to participate in this, before going ahead with it.

MInd you, he , apparently, didn't consult with others with regards to the idiotic superfinals, a few seasons ago, and the points for qualifying motos he wanted to set up for this years GPs. This time, I think he might have consulted, as there's a shedload of money at stake.

It might be interesting, but I'm worried it might be a lead into having full GPs in such a venue. That, would suck, beyond belief.

Charlotte is a thing to be wary of, too. Let's see how that goes. Motocross = Outdoors, and, preferably, not outdoors inside an oval circuit. Charlotte smacks of that Edmondson(sp?) blokes vision of MX in Nascar type venues, a few years ago. when DMG bought AMA Pro Racing rights. Thankfully, DC and Co got the contract to run US Outdoors.
well of course they will be 'expected' to tow the line.

But lets assume Cairoli and Herlings don't fancy it, and KTM rock up with Coldenhoff, Jonass, Pootjes and Simpson , who is going to pay to watch that , as good as they are.

Husky team will be the 4 guys they have already . Suzuki will be the same , assuming Townley lasts that long . with Seewer Hsu and Stribos.

If the Charlotte race ( which to be fair looked great on paper ) bombs, now its going to run on the equivalent of what used to be Guy Coopers home SX in Oklahoma .

G Force
6/16/2016 5:53am
Whats the date for Redbull straight rhythm event?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/16/2016 6:35am
With purse money, I'd think that they're trying to attract some U.S. riders.

I also think that there are still global aspirations that include more events in the U.S.
Radman66
6/16/2016 7:32am
Over/under 40 second lap times?
agn5009
6/16/2016 8:00am
With that purse money I wouldn't be surprised to see some really fast guys from the USA there. Especially guys who typically hover around top 10 in SX. I wouldn't expect to see the full factory guys there.
WeiserGuy
6/16/2016 8:07am
Luongo can't be ponying up no prize money, so who's pockets did he empty to get it? German government?

What it doesn't include in the PR, but in the finest print available (possible translucent water markings) is it will cost each rider 20k to race it.

ocscottie
6/16/2016 8:16am
G Force wrote:
Whats the date for Redbull straight rhythm event?
October 22
51xc
6/16/2016 9:02am
it was said that they are NOT looking to have a typical SX track. they are aware that the top mxgp guys won't be competitive enough on a SX track like it is raced in the usa.

I hope it will be a once a season type of deal. I personally don't need more sx or sx-like events.
6/16/2016 9:29am
WeiserGuy wrote:
Luongo can't be ponying up no prize money, so who's pockets did he empty to get it? German government? What it doesn't include in the PR...
Luongo can't be ponying up no prize money, so who's pockets did he empty to get it? German government?

What it doesn't include in the PR, but in the finest print available (possible translucent water markings) is it will cost each rider 20k to race it.

So he wants people to ride his new "series" but they have to put down 20K for it? wtf mate
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
6/16/2016 10:36am
Mr. Info wrote:
They already are with FIM being the 450 class. If you look you see and FIM sticker on the 450 bikes.
I think you missed my point. Is Feld involved? Pretty sure Feld has exclusive rights to FIM sanctioned Supercross (via Dorna in 02-03)
Robgvx
6/16/2016 12:34pm
Mr. Info wrote:
I think you missed my point. Is Feld involved? Pretty sure Feld has exclusive rights to FIM sanctioned Supercross (via Dorna in 02-03)
It's not 'Supercross'... It's 'Supermotocross'

For the reasons you said I guess.
Paul333
6/16/2016 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2016 1:37pm
The "Manufacturer Team" concept is beyond dumb for MX/SX. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just hold a race.

Is this the 1st Youthstream/FIM MX race in years that are going to pay a purse to the riders instead of keeping all the money for themselves?
downard254
6/16/2016 2:10pm
The arrow doesn't whip anywhere near as hard as the US based arrows do!LaughingTongue
MXMattii
6/16/2016 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2016 2:42pm
They are pushing Supercross in Europe. Because the European SX championship starts also a come back with rounds in Holland (Arnhem), Italy and Germany (if they find a place). That championship is promoted by Offroad Pro Racing, dunno if their is any connection with Youthstream.

https://youtu.be/iFjte5qV5NE

Post a reply to: Youthstream's Push Into SX?

The Latest