'You ran out of talent?' RC to Fro

Motodude
Edited Date/Time 1/6/2014 9:41pm
Anyone catch that? GOAT and all that's cool..but Fro still looks trim.
|
Mr. G
1/5/2014 11:26pm
There must other data.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
1/6/2014 12:44am
You guys are missing the forest for the trees.. It's all in good fun. Jeff and Richard are good.

The Shop

rebus
1/6/2014 1:20am
dirtnapper wrote:
Ricky tries way too hard with his jabs at Jeff
And succeeds. It was a joke.
Racer92
1/6/2014 3:46am
Motodude wrote:
Anyone catch that? GOAT and all that's cool..but Fro still looks trim.
And the chubby little Michelin Man can still smoke the 'trim' Fro any day of the week.
1/6/2014 4:22am
Racer92 wrote:
And the chubby little Michelin Man can still smoke the 'trim' Fro any day of the week.
except wednesday,
wednesday is funnel cake day at RCH
Indy mxer
1/6/2014 4:40am
I think it's getting a little old. Although he was no RC, Fro was a damn good rider in his own right.
I like the funnel cake reference. Looks like he's had a few. lol
MXD
1/6/2014 5:08am
Im over RC in the booth. The jabs might be funny to us but when you are trying to attract big sponsors and be recognized, those things might have a negative impact. I doubt the "corporate" type who we are trying to attract (for financial reasons) want the broadcast to come off like a couple of buddies watching a race on their couch. It was obvious to me that Fox Sports is trying to step up the coverage this year. The reporting desks and "sideline reporting" reminded me more of an NFL game and they're stepping it up, that stuff has no place. It sounds too unprofessional IMO. That, and Ricky's butchering of the English language both need to go.
davistld01
1/6/2014 5:24am
MXD wrote:
Im over RC in the booth. The jabs might be funny to us but when you are trying to attract big sponsors and be recognized, those...
Im over RC in the booth. The jabs might be funny to us but when you are trying to attract big sponsors and be recognized, those things might have a negative impact. I doubt the "corporate" type who we are trying to attract (for financial reasons) want the broadcast to come off like a couple of buddies watching a race on their couch. It was obvious to me that Fox Sports is trying to step up the coverage this year. The reporting desks and "sideline reporting" reminded me more of an NFL game and they're stepping it up, that stuff has no place. It sounds too unprofessional IMO. That, and Ricky's butchering of the English language both need to go.
I started a thread about Krista Voda doing the "desk reporting" and how it sounded too sterile & NASCAR-ish for my taste, but I see now that Fox is stepping up the quality of the SX broadcasts to grow the sport. I think this is super important if we're to draw the added revenue from larger outside sponsors like Konica, and to pull it up from the tiny (comparatively) sport it's been. So, kudos to Fox...even if I have a personal distaste for it, I want my sport to grow and become more recognized...and the means justifies the end.

That being said, I still enjoy the banter between Ricky & Jeff a lot...grammar errors & all. I think that every televised sport needs color from guys who have been in the saddle, and having those two onboard makes it credible overall.

I think there's definitely room for both styles of announcing.
CamP
1/6/2014 6:20am
I liked Fro's response. " I ran out of a lot of things."
HenryA
1/6/2014 6:23am
MXD wrote:
Im over RC in the booth. The jabs might be funny to us but when you are trying to attract big sponsors and be recognized, those...
THIS and get KW14 in that booth! He did a great job last year and actually had some good opinions that you would listen to.
slipdog
1/6/2014 6:28am
They said in the practice show that RC was only part time this year and the other races will have Windham or McGrath as Emig's sidekick.
robkinuk
1/6/2014 6:31am

Perhaps Jeff should have responded " Hey midget get over this side of the booth!"WinkLaughing
Ing
1/6/2014 6:37am
To me, it's getting really old. It's constant. Every broadcast. Ricky is a terrible announcer and doesn't seem to be getting any better.
Squid-mom
1/6/2014 6:38am
No different than Shannon and Howie going back and forth in the booth during an NFL Sunday. As far as the grammar goes, that will never change until racers start focusing a little more on their education (at least NFL players fake some sort of college attendance)
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
1/6/2014 6:42am
MXD wrote:
HenryA wrote:
THIS and get KW14 in that booth! He did a great job last year and actually had some good opinions that you would listen to.
Have you ever watched a Nascar race? You know the biggest corporate sponsored form of motor sports in the United States?

Those guys are the same way, Darrell Waltrip in particular sounds like a good ol' boy bench racing for hours on end. "Ran out of talent" is a very popular term in the Nascar community and honestly, I got a chuckle out of it and Fro handled it great.

No matter WHO is calling the races, there will be complainers. Having Ricky and Fro in the booth is certainly not a reason corporate America or the masses aren't flocking to our sport.

Jeez you guys are rough.
Sandberm
1/6/2014 7:17am
Squid-mom wrote:
No different than Shannon and Howie going back and forth in the booth during an NFL Sunday. As far as the grammar goes, that will never...
No different than Shannon and Howie going back and forth in the booth during an NFL Sunday. As far as the grammar goes, that will never change until racers start focusing a little more on their education (at least NFL players fake some sort of college attendance)
Yep.

I blame Fox NFL Sunday for this non-sense. When Fox got the rights to broadcast NFL games away from CBS in the 90's is when this whole "scripted, guys giving each other a hard time, smack talk" began. Its lame and makes me feel like Im in the locker room before football practice in Highschool listening to the jocks try to sound smart.

Anybody else think the energy in the booth was non exsistant? It was like the 3 of them went out drinking Friday night and got back to the Hotel about 6 in the morning.

I thought Krista did a nice job, and the new Minesota chick did a nice job asking the questions she was told to ask in her headset.

Maybe they should just put Krista, the Minesota chick and KW in the booth for Phoenix? KW can ask the Land of many lakes chick if she has seen his big transfer.Cool
Aron213
1/6/2014 7:21am
I'm just you know, amazed you know, how far Emig you know has come since you know his early days you know with his speech impediment....you know.

15 years ago, if someone would have said that Emig would be an announcer, everyone would have laughed.

Hell, you couldnt make it a drinking game for every time he said "you know", because if he won a heat, you would be drunk after his interview and not be able to stay upright for the main.
motodriller
1/6/2014 7:46am
It is unprofessional and cheap. He's acting like the spoiled little kid he was raised as. He needs to class it up a bit. I was hoping someone would have a talk with those two over the summer. Its like being stuck in the car on a road trip with the bro and sis that don't get along.
1/6/2014 7:48am
i like the goat as an announcer. he owns a team n isn't blowing it up every chance he gets. fro is good also , but he plugs kawi every chance he can. gets corny
jndmx
1/6/2014 7:55am
As an announcer he's the "Gayest Of All Time"
professional post. from a professional. BAHA!
Yeah really nice way to rep the brand....lol.
Racer92
1/6/2014 7:57am
CamP wrote:
I seen that too. Wink
CamP
1/6/2014 8:03am
CamP wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
I seen that too. Wink
LOL, RC knows how to slaughter the English language.
jmx411
1/6/2014 8:04am
It's time to put Windham in the booth. RC was never a good speaker when he raced, i don't know who thought it would be a good idea to put him in the booth.
motodriller
1/6/2014 8:08am
They would put Krista in there but Ralph couldn't stop sweating. He's WAY over exited as it is. If it were up to me it would be KW, Emig and Krista.
jmx411
1/6/2014 8:21am
I think Ralph and Emig have never been better. RC has little man syndrome and wants everyone to talk about how good he once was.

Get Windham in there and let RC go do some parade laps at Arenacross races.

I have respect for RC when he raced just like I do RV, but both have horrible personalities who treat everyone around them like second class citizens.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
1/6/2014 8:22am
Put RJ in there with Ricky... After a few little jokes it would get FUN! I don't mind the back a fourth Fro-RC have going, sometimes it's entertaining. I think Fro does a good job letting it bounce off of him, makes RC look petty... But really, none of us know the real dynamic these two have on a personal level, we only know what we see.

I like what DavisTLD01 said above, it's good for our sport for sure..

Post a reply to: 'You ran out of talent?' RC to Fro

The Latest