Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing Hangtown post-race

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 7:26am
PR...

YOSHIMURA SUZUKI RIDERS SUFFER INJURIES AT HANGTOWN

Both Stewart and Baggett End the Day with Shoulder Injury

Chino, CA (May 22, 2016) – It was a tough weekend for Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing at the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship season opener at the Hangtown Motocross Classic on Saturday. Unfortunate crashes left both riders departing the Sacramento California area racetrack wearing arm slings.
Yoshimura Suzuki’s James Stewart’s day ended early in the first moto. Stewart swapped in the turn before finish line and crashed over an embankment landing hard on his shoulder. The injury was painful enough that Stewart didn’t attempt to race in the second moto. His status for next week’s race in San Bernardino is day to day.
Blake Baggett’s day was more productive since he finished third in the first moto, but Baggett ultimately left Hangtown with injury as well after a crash in moto two left him with a broken collarbone.
Stewart and Baggett qualified eighth and ninth respectively in combined timed qualifying aboard their Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450s.
Stewart ran in 14th in the early going of moto one when on lap five he crashed out.
“I had a decent practice, but got a horrible start in the first moto,” Stewart said. “I was just riding around trying to get comfortable. I came across the mechanic’s area and the next thing I know I was grabbing and hanging on to my bike trying to hug it. I went off this steep embankment and landed on my shoulder.
“I’m bummed. I keep putting in all this work and things keep happening. I can’t quit. As hard as it is now I refuse to quit. I know I’m not done. I’m going to go back to work after I have my shoulder checked out. I’ll see how I feel. Hopefully I can get back into action next week. I’ll be back, it’s just another setback.”
The first moto was a major success for Baggett. He ran ninth on the first lap before tapping into the power of his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450, charged and worked all the way up to third by the end of the moto. In the second moto he again worked his way through the field up to sixth when he crashed with four laps to go and suffered the collarbone injury.
“Moto one went about as good as it could get, charging up from the back and working my way all the way back to a podium spot,” Baggett explained. “I really felt good and thought everything was working. I went out in the second moto and got a decent start and was working my way through the pack. I think I needed one more spot to get a podium for the overall. And then I caught a rock and did a little high side. It was slo-mo, but I ended up going down pretty hard and breaking my collarbone.
“We’ll see where we’re at and be back to fight for sure. I know where I am right now. Hangtown is one of the gnarliest tracks there is and if you can go good there you can do it anywhere. So I’ll regroup and hopefully be back soon.”
The Yoshimura Suzuki squad heads to Southern California and Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, CA on Saturday, May 28th. The races will be televised on MavTV and NBCSN.
You can meet and get an autograph from Blake Baggett this Friday, May 27th from 6-7 PM at Malcolm Smith Motorsports, 7599 Indiana Avenue, Riverside, CA.
|
bvm111
5/23/2016 9:48am
I commend James on the positive attitude and the will to keep trying, if he listened to half the geniuses on here he would be doing the duffle bag drag out of the Suzuki rig in ultimate defeat, quitting the sport and shutting down Seven Gear!

Remember "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy...." and for that I commend him!!!!

Bummer for Blake (BRAKE... sorry couldn't resist) he had an awesome first Moto and that wreck in Moto 2 was weird at best, too bad he popped his collar bone on something so random.

I hope for a speedy recovery to both riders and hope to see James and all the riders next Saturday at Glen Helen!
BobbyM
5/23/2016 10:17am
At some point yer health must come into play when a decision about yer future is discussed.
MXD
5/23/2016 10:23am
I was really impressed with Baggett and now to find out he broke his collarbone and finished his final 4 laps, wow.

The Shop

Beast666
5/23/2016 10:48am
MXD wrote:
I was really impressed with Baggett and now to find out he broke his collarbone and finished his final 4 laps, wow.
When I broke my collarbone I kept riding for close to a hour thinking I had just a sore shoulder... Until I went to take my jersey off and could not raise my arm above my shoulder and the break pinched a nerve and I ended up puking my guts out.
5/23/2016 12:06pm
Beast666 wrote:
When I broke my collarbone I kept riding for close to a hour thinking I had just a sore shoulder... Until I went to take my...
When I broke my collarbone I kept riding for close to a hour thinking I had just a sore shoulder... Until I went to take my jersey off and could not raise my arm above my shoulder and the break pinched a nerve and I ended up puking my guts out.
With a name like Beast666 I'm not surprised. Evil
5/23/2016 12:33pm
Oh brother now we get to see James practice and qualify and not do the race.......again. He couldn't finish a sx race that most the season wasn't even 20 minutes cause the laps were in the low 50s so to think of him racing 2 30s plus 2 is Laughable. Blake on the other hand is going to come back and throw a wrench into the points chase and piss off a bunch of riders
cali11
5/23/2016 4:38pm
Oh brother now we get to see James practice and qualify and not do the race.......again. He couldn't finish a sx race that most the season...
Oh brother now we get to see James practice and qualify and not do the race.......again. He couldn't finish a sx race that most the season wasn't even 20 minutes cause the laps were in the low 50s so to think of him racing 2 30s plus 2 is Laughable. Blake on the other hand is going to come back and throw a wrench into the points chase and piss off a bunch of riders
Then why do you make it your top priority to have him fired? Would that make you feel better about yourself? Like it really bothers you that the dude keeps trying? Yes he has had a shitty season, but the guy sure has heart to keep coming back!
5/23/2016 4:54pm
Oh brother now we get to see James practice and qualify and not do the race.......again. He couldn't finish a sx race that most the season...
cali11 wrote:
Then why do you make it your top priority to have him fired? Would that make you feel better about yourself? Like it really bothers you...
Then why do you make it your top priority to have him fired? Would that make you feel better about yourself? Like it really bothers you that the dude keeps trying? Yes he has had a shitty season, but the guy sure has heart to keep coming back!
He's had a long time to get into some type of shape and for him to show up in the shape he's in is a joke. The hype behind him coming back and for the poor shape he's showing up in should show everyone how much he really doesn't care. He's fast as hell and can't take that away from him but I think his lack of effort he's put into his comeback should have been a lil more. I want to see him mix it up with everyone but I think his day is done, but what do I know I'm just a old guy sitting on my couch drinking ice tea
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/23/2016 7:42pm
Thanks for the update.
matze
Fantasy
3101st
5/24/2016 12:38am
Love bubbas passion. Really dont understand why theres so much hate or people even want him to quit. Only because youre not satisfied with his results? Hell let him ride as long as he wants...
kkawboy14
5/24/2016 7:26am
No way he is riding this week if his shoulder had to be put back in. Has anyone found out yet how bad his dislocation was? Any real journalists/vitards/photographers up for the challenge?

Post a reply to: Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing Hangtown post-race

The Latest