Yoshimura RS-4 Carbon

R-acer
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:30pm
A few people asked me about them, so thought I would post a couple pic's of them, on a regular non factory bike that we are used to seeing on here.
Really happy with the build quality of these pipes, fit and finish is awesome.

2-Fiddy

4-Fiddy

|
NeWskoolmxer
1/27/2011 7:55am
Nice, I'm intrested in how they preform let us know when you guys get out there and test them out on thos shiny new Kaw's.
R-acer
1/27/2011 7:59am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2011 8:18am
Nice, I'm intrested in how they preform let us know when you guys get out there and test them out on thos shiny new Kaw's.
Yea, we will be heading to Monster Mountain and Georgia next month for a couple weeks to get everything dialed in.
rgmx-49
1/27/2011 8:56am
they look beautiful and should perform great.

The Shop

R-acer
1/27/2011 9:08am
Give us some closeup shots of those welds, would ya?
Here you go....

ehr400
1/27/2011 9:37am
The first weld looks a bit hot but the rest look pretty good.
R-acer
1/27/2011 10:10am
ehr400 wrote:
Are you talking about the little loop for the spring? i am not a welder, but it looks pretty solid.
WFO
1/27/2011 10:15am
only issue I have had is that the rivets on the Carbon silencers won't hold up near as well as the Ti or stainless. after a year of racing it's time to throw it in the trash. Maybe that's the price you pay for carbon tho. I love the quality fit and finish other than that.
ehr400
1/27/2011 10:20am
ehr400 wrote:
R-acer wrote:
Are you talking about the little loop for the spring? i am not a welder, but it looks pretty solid.
In welding terms by the freeze lines and the weld being a bit concave it is on the hot side. Will it break, no but aesthitically wise it is hot. The rest look nice, better for the price tag.
R-acer
1/27/2011 10:29am
WFO wrote:
only issue I have had is that the rivets on the Carbon silencers won't hold up near as well as the Ti or stainless. after a...
only issue I have had is that the rivets on the Carbon silencers won't hold up near as well as the Ti or stainless. after a year of racing it's time to throw it in the trash. Maybe that's the price you pay for carbon tho. I love the quality fit and finish other than that.
Yea, I always ran CF cans of my street bikes, but never tried one on any of our MX bikes. But I spoke with a buddy of mine from Georgia who has been running one for some time now and said it stood up well, and he like the performance of this pipe.
If I get a year out of it, I am more than happy. I dont usually keep my bikes that long, and start fresh every season, including all my parts.
Lightning78
1/27/2011 10:42am
WFO wrote:
only issue I have had is that the rivets on the Carbon silencers won't hold up near as well as the Ti or stainless. after a...
A buddy of mine that used to be a fab guy at white bros told me the same thing .....that pipe sure looks sweet I'm just wary of carbon fiber cans never experienced any problems and since I'm smoking on 2 strokes again I would love to see a carbon fiber 2 stroke silencer like acerbis used to make. FMF and PC are you listening?
R-acer
1/27/2011 11:07am
WFO wrote:
A buddy of mine that used to be a fab guy at white bros told me the same thing .....that pipe sure looks sweet I'm just...
A buddy of mine that used to be a fab guy at white bros told me the same thing .....that pipe sure looks sweet I'm just wary of carbon fiber cans never experienced any problems and since I'm smoking on 2 strokes again I would love to see a carbon fiber 2 stroke silencer like acerbis used to make. FMF and PC are you listening?
You CAN get carbon fiber systems for 2 strokes....
I just remembered I had one on my son's race bike a few years ago.
This was a BUD system, that I ordered from somewhere in Europe, but I cant remember now. Italy?

mxb2
1/27/2011 11:27am
Nice stuff R-acer, Did you have to remap? or stick with the stock mapping? I guess the yosh pipe does nt require the pim2 or the data box, ?
mxb2
1/27/2011 11:29am
Yosh is definately quality stuff, i had a carbon fiber unit for my 07 crf 450, I think the main thing is to try to keep the carbon as dry as possibe, i, e, pressure was, !
Zycki11
1/27/2011 12:01pm
mxb2 wrote:
Nice stuff R-acer, Did you have to remap? or stick with the stock mapping? I guess the yosh pipe does nt require the pim2 or the...
Nice stuff R-acer, Did you have to remap? or stick with the stock mapping? I guess the yosh pipe does nt require the pim2 or the data box, ?
I was wondering the same thing, you would think the FI would have no issues. I have a suzuki and they run slightly rich stock so it might be perfect for my bike
R-acer
1/27/2011 12:06pm
mxb2 wrote:
Nice stuff R-acer, Did you have to remap? or stick with the stock mapping? I guess the yosh pipe does nt require the pim2 or the...
Our other 2011 KXF runs pefectly fine with a Pro Circuit Ti4R on it. It didnt need any adjustments, the bike just felt better overall with the pipe.
I am sure the bike can be fine tuned with a remap if I wanted to extract every last ounce of power, but it doesn't have to have it.
When I spoke with the Yosh Rep, he didnt really push that Yosh box either.

we'll see when we get some hours on it.
mxb2
1/27/2011 12:15pm
Thanks, when i spoke to the rep, thay said it would help the pipe even more, and i just thought it might have been a sales pitch! LOL, What in your opinion do you feel is the better exhaust for 11 kawy efi? PC or Yosh, pro s and con s of each.
mxb2
1/27/2011 12:16pm
Any chance of a video of the bike and system running?
TeamGreen
1/27/2011 12:17pm
The Carbon on those Pipes is the Exact same stuff as on the 1, 23, 24, 41, 33, 71, etc.

Pressure sprayers and the like are not a concern (You can watch'em blast'em clean this weekend in the pits at Oakland).

Good luck.

Beautiful bikes!

R-acer
1/27/2011 12:28pm
mxb2 wrote:
Thanks, when i spoke to the rep, thay said it would help the pipe even more, and i just thought it might have been a sales...
Thanks, when i spoke to the rep, thay said it would help the pipe even more, and i just thought it might have been a sales pitch! LOL, What in your opinion do you feel is the better exhaust for 11 kawy efi? PC or Yosh, pro s and con s of each.
I actually have 1 of each of those pipes you asked about.
The FMF is the loudest and gruntiest sounding, and makes a little more low end, while the PC is a little more piercing sounding and makes a little more top end.

Out of all 3, The Yosh seems to have the best build quality, followed by the PC, then the FMF.
I wish I could tell you how well this Yosh performs, but we haven't raced it yet.
All the reports that I have heard is that they are a great performing pipe, which is why I went yosh this year.

As for a Video....I would have to get my son to make one.... I don’t do the YouTube stuff.
Zycki11
1/27/2011 12:36pm
For what it is worth, I have a friend that has the full carbon yosh system on a 10 ymaha 450. He says it gives the bike a slight hit and a lot of top end gain. When I rode it the thing ripped for sure.
mxb2
1/27/2011 12:43pm
mxb2 wrote:
Thanks, when i spoke to the rep, thay said it would help the pipe even more, and i just thought it might have been a sales...
R-acer wrote:
I actually have 1 of each of those pipes you asked about. The FMF is the loudest and gruntiest sounding, and makes a little more low...
I actually have 1 of each of those pipes you asked about.
The FMF is the loudest and gruntiest sounding, and makes a little more low end, while the PC is a little more piercing sounding and makes a little more top end.

Out of all 3, The Yosh seems to have the best build quality, followed by the PC, then the FMF.
I wish I could tell you how well this Yosh performs, but we haven't raced it yet.
All the reports that I have heard is that they are a great performing pipe, which is why I went yosh this year.

As for a Video....I would have to get my son to make one.... I don’t do the YouTube stuff.
Thanks R-acer, helpful tips fo sho! Tell your son to get on it LOL! Keep us posted on the yosh performance updates. My buddy just put one on his 09 crf 450, says its real good.
Zycki11
1/27/2011 3:01pm
Does anyone know the difference between the spark arrestor 96db insert compared to the AMA inserts of 99db and 94db? Is it different inserts that restrict the flow?
mxb2
1/27/2011 3:06pm
spark arrestor will def keep the power mellow and limit air flow, unless required, my friends never use one or remove them, big difference! the others are inserts not spark arrestors, arrestors have a screen,inserts do not!
Zycki11
1/27/2011 3:25pm
mxb2 wrote:
spark arrestor will def keep the power mellow and limit air flow, unless required, my friends never use one or remove them, big difference! the others...
spark arrestor will def keep the power mellow and limit air flow, unless required, my friends never use one or remove them, big difference! the others are inserts not spark arrestors, arrestors have a screen,inserts do not!
If so, looking at the exhaust. How would you remove it? I was thinking of getting a the Aluminum full system. I really don't need the carbon or titanium.
mxb2
1/27/2011 3:35pm
exhausts are different, most just have one on two hex or allen head to remove them, some systems don t even come with the spark arrestor, its an option, the inserts are also removable the same way! What bike and exhaust you lookin to get? FMF and Pc have some great deals now!
Loose
1/27/2011 4:46pm
R-acer wrote:
A few people asked me about them, so thought I would post a couple pic's of them, on a regular non factory bike that we are...
A few people asked me about them, so thought I would post a couple pic's of them, on a regular non factory bike that we are used to seeing on here.
Really happy with the build quality of these pipes, fit and finish is awesome.

2-Fiddy

4-Fiddy

Looks awesome but why didn't you ride the bikes first?
R-acer
1/27/2011 5:23pm
Loose, because the bikes arent all new to us. We have had several KXF's in a row now, so we are very familiar with them. And I am just in the process of getting these ready for this season. I already sold our used ones.
This is his 7th KX250F. And second KX450F.
Loose
1/27/2011 5:59pm
R-acer wrote:
Loose, because the bikes arent all new to us. We have had several KXF's in a row now, so we are very familiar with them. And...
Loose, because the bikes arent all new to us. We have had several KXF's in a row now, so we are very familiar with them. And I am just in the process of getting these ready for this season. I already sold our used ones.
This is his 7th KX250F. And second KX450F.
Fair enough. Assuming Kawasaki haven't made any changes, ignition, cam, lift etc. What are you looking for with the Yoshi?

I haven't looked for a while but here in Aus aftermarket pipes are well over $1,000 and personally I'd need to be sure before I layed down the coin. Why wouldn't you sort the suspension first? Then maybe brakes, bars etc?
john bon jovi
1/27/2011 6:06pm
Not trying to be a Dick. But for the price you paved for that pipe you coulda got motor work or suspension done. People are just way to into looks and how there bike sounds.. not tryin to tell you how spend ur money but jeez

Post a reply to: Yoshimura RS-4 Carbon

The Latest