Yosh Suzuki's?...

Big Lenny
Edited Date/Time 4/11/2016 5:20am
I heard last night where they were having trouble setting up Baggett's bike too..
|
NotCore
4/10/2016 8:03am
The whole team seems out of sorts. Maybe rusty? I don't see how a team manager can keep his job with the results of the past couple of years. I expect some major shake up come October.
kkawboy14
4/10/2016 8:22am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2016 8:27am
....I thought he got 5th?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/10/2016 8:25am
I heard Lenny's inching toward the bait cabinet again.
Rowlands
4/10/2016 8:27am
Didn't Bagget have a decent finish for himself ?

The Shop

ATKpilot99
4/10/2016 8:28am
Not sure about his setup but his retro RMZ was the best looking bike on the track IMO.
NotCore
4/10/2016 8:36am
GuyB wrote:
Seems harmless enough.

That team definitely has very little momentum this year. Look at the RCH suzukis and you see progress over time with multiple riders. Baggett's got 53 points all year and Stewart 10. Sure they've each missed races, but the results of the races they've finished suggests problems greater than the individuals riders, including mechanical dnfs.
downard254
4/10/2016 8:58am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2016 8:59am
Letting DeCoster, then Dungey go were HUGE mistakes.

Guess they couldn't afford to win championships. Broke the bank.
Big Lenny
4/10/2016 9:33am Edited Date/Time 4/10/2016 9:44am
GuyB wrote:
This is what happens when you can't listen to the broadcast...He said he changed setups multiple times and went thru everything...Whistling
4/10/2016 9:39am
downard254 wrote:

Oh ya, they basically built the RMZ into a monster and then as soon as they left....nothing.

How does Suzuki expect to stay competitive when they don't update their bike? Sounds stupid but new plastics sell bikes.
4/10/2016 10:01am
I just dont get how these guys get so far off of where they need to be, having suspension technicians and every resource possible and still not be comfortable with their bike set ups just doesnt make sence
bob567
4/10/2016 10:03am
Roczens bike looked perfect. Just saying.
brimx153
4/10/2016 10:07am
NotCore wrote:
The whole team seems out of sorts. Maybe rusty? I don't see how a team manager can keep his job with the results of the past...
The whole team seems out of sorts. Maybe rusty? I don't see how a team manager can keep his job with the results of the past couple of years. I expect some major shake up come October.
Bagget had great results last year , got a top 5 last night . been injured most of the year , i think thats a great ride considering (a hell of alot better than Barica been doing ) .i dont see how is it Webbs fault .they tried this new spring air fork must not of worked . now there back to spring with very little testing on it . The only mistake ,he is prob regreting is not fireing JS7 2 years ago . when he got banned
Big Lenny
4/10/2016 10:24am
brimx153 wrote:
Bagget had great results last year , got a top 5 last night . been injured most of the year , i think thats a great...
Bagget had great results last year , got a top 5 last night . been injured most of the year , i think thats a great ride considering (a hell of alot better than Barica been doing ) .i dont see how is it Webbs fault .they tried this new spring air fork must not of worked . now there back to spring with very little testing on it . The only mistake ,he is prob regreting is not fireing JS7 2 years ago . when he got banned
Blasphemy...
mx216
4/10/2016 11:02am
I just dont get how these guys get so far off of where they need to be, having suspension technicians and every resource possible and still...
I just dont get how these guys get so far off of where they need to be, having suspension technicians and every resource possible and still not be comfortable with their bike set ups just doesnt make sence
Some guys definitely are more picky than others. Certain riders like the idea of finding something that's good, just riding it and knowing exactly what it will do anytime and everytime so that makes them comfortable. Other guys think it's better to hunt for that perfect setup for the track, and certain riders are better at that than others. Visually watching a bike can only go so far, the bike might look good, but the rider isn't feeling it, which leads the technicians to listen to the rider and if the rider leads them in the wrong direction with what they say, that's not necessarily the technicians fault.
mxjon454
4/10/2016 12:38pm
They need a new bike, the current bike may work well but its stail and outdated. Honda will be on what its 3rd model change by the time suzuki changes their bike in 2018? Its going to suck for suzuki to lose roczen to honda, who will be there next title contender? Maybe if their 2018 bike is that good theyll be able to sign a top rider but who knows with them.
brimx153
4/10/2016 3:39pm
mxjon454 wrote:
They need a new bike, the current bike may work well but its stail and outdated. Honda will be on what its 3rd model change by...
They need a new bike, the current bike may work well but its stail and outdated. Honda will be on what its 3rd model change by the time suzuki changes their bike in 2018? Its going to suck for suzuki to lose roczen to honda, who will be there next title contender? Maybe if their 2018 bike is that good theyll be able to sign a top rider but who knows with them.
its not the bike . remember they are going back to 4 year old forks now , Why because they work better . they had the newest air plus spring fork which was brand new tech . the biggest problem is JS7 did nt come in fit for a start . Looked like he did nt bother riding before getting on the bike before red bull straight rhythm. not having the bike where he wants it .is all his falut imo . Like DV said to him why cant he just set the bike up the same as 2014 .its nearly the same bike !!!his speed in 14 would easly be fast enough to win races this year . Bagget had a great ride ,and i think he could be a surprise in the outdoors this year . Plus Brakes starts have been really good this year in the few races he has done
4/10/2016 3:47pm
downard254 wrote:

Oh ya, they basically built the RMZ into a monster and then as soon as they left....nothing. How does Suzuki expect to stay competitive when they...
Oh ya, they basically built the RMZ into a monster and then as soon as they left....nothing.

How does Suzuki expect to stay competitive when they don't update their bike? Sounds stupid but new plastics sell bikes.
They update their bike. The updates just are minor & precise. Stuff that doesnt make the marketing media.

People like to assume the Suzuki hasnt been updated since it came out. The truth is the frame is the best (of the aluminum) in the class and that is a result of a great frame they started with that has seen subtle refinements for it's entire existence rather than wholesale changes like Honda & Yamaha love to do.

The bikes arent the problem. It's the personnel involved. RCH is a clown show upstairs and the Yosh squad hasnt had any of their riders healthy for long enough.
mxjon454
4/10/2016 3:55pm
mxjon454 wrote:
They need a new bike, the current bike may work well but its stail and outdated. Honda will be on what its 3rd model change by...
brimx153 wrote:
its not the bike . remember they are going back to 4 year old forks now , Why because they work better . they had the...
its not the bike . remember they are going back to 4 year old forks now , Why because they work better . they had the newest air plus spring fork which was brand new tech . the biggest problem is JS7 did nt come in fit for a start . Looked like he did nt bother riding before getting on the bike before red bull straight rhythm. not having the bike where he wants it .is all his falut imo . Like DV said to him why cant he just set the bike up the same as 2014 .its nearly the same bike !!!his speed in 14 would easly be fast enough to win races this year . Bagget had a great ride ,and i think he could be a surprise in the outdoors this year . Plus Brakes starts have been really good this year in the few races he has done
I know what youre saying and what you mean. By the looks of it james didnt come into the season as fit as he shouldve. He had a year off and shouldnt had waited until "boot camp" to get into shape and figure out his bike settings. I know he ended up getting hurt from monster cup and lillie and didnt have the time to do all that but he had a uear to get everything straightened out. I know the bike has had little effective changes over the years but thats not what the public wants to see. They dont want to see a bike that has looked the same since 2008. Too bad yosh is probably paying james a lot of money and cant get roczen over there from RCH. Baggett did have a really good season last year indoors and out and had a solid round lastnight. I think blake will be a front runner outdoors, hoping he gets a win or 2 also.
Starcrossed
4/10/2016 6:52pm
mxjon454 wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
its not the bike . remember they are going back to 4 year old forks now , Why because they work better . they had the...
The bike set up is always a moving target and will change with virtually any changes in other factors, like the power delivery of the bike, track conditions, rider's health and fitness, etc... We've heard Tomac say how he is unable to use the settings which would allow him to get the most out of his Kawi, because his still healing shoulders don't yet give him the confidence he needs to push hard enough to achieve the benefits of an ideal SX set up. The most important factor is typically communication, so that the changes the rider needs can be made effectively, in the shortest amount of time. Reverting to old settings rarely provides an adequate solution. I respect DV's opinion, and realize that he is exceedingly more knowledgeable than myself, just offering these thoughts for discussion purposes.
davistld01
4/10/2016 7:22pm
bob567 wrote:
Roczens bike looked perfect. Just saying.
How long has that and how much of Roczen's crying has it taken to get that way? Every time KR speaks he says they've made "a lot of changes to the bike", and he said after Indy that he was "finally feeling confident" on it. Heck, it's about time!
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
4/10/2016 11:51pm
Big Lenny wrote:
I heard last night where they were having trouble setting up Baggett's bike too..
every team has had issues setting up the bikes ever since theyve been using air forks.

KR made public his issues with them last year, Honda hasnt been using them, Stewart just announced he hated them Tomac, etc etc.
downard254
4/11/2016 5:20am
Remember back in '81 when Hannah rode a poorly suspended overweight pig against Howerton on most likely the best handling, best suspended, and lightest bike on the track of the time. Seems there was a time when desire could overcome a bad setup. If I'm not mistaken, good old King Kenny has done the same thing a time or two. The ability to ride something to the best of your ability, all the while, working around the shortcomings.

Post a reply to: Yosh Suzuki's?...

The Latest