Yosh 2017.

mb60
So with Matty B testing a star racing yamaha for next year. And JS7 just dropping off the planet the last 3 rounds. Is it safe to assume there will be no Yosh in 2017 ?

How does RCH/Red Bull/Suzuki sound next year ?
|
tylermx967
8/19/2016 9:10am
I THINK A GOOD OFFSEASIN THAT SUSZUKI CAN WIN THE RACES AGEN NEXT YEAR. I HOPE MIKE WEBB BRINGS BACK BRAKE AND MATT SO THEY HAVE ONE RIDER THATS FORM TEXAS.
Moto810
8/19/2016 9:12am
I do not see how Red Bull would sell more by sponsoring more teams or riders. As of now I think they over sponsor as it is. Same with ME. The teams need to expand their horizons and bring in sponsors that can benefit from being in the sport. How about talking to companies like: Camping world, Mercedes Vans, Thor Motor Coach, Under Armor, Stance, KOA camp grounds, Pilot gas stations, and any others that people in the sport would use in their travels or their life. I am sure there are tons of others but the juice as to be worth the squeeze as they say.
kkawboy14
8/19/2016 9:14am
Moto810 wrote:
I do not see how Red Bull would sell more by sponsoring more teams or riders. As of now I think they over sponsor as it...
I do not see how Red Bull would sell more by sponsoring more teams or riders. As of now I think they over sponsor as it is. Same with ME. The teams need to expand their horizons and bring in sponsors that can benefit from being in the sport. How about talking to companies like: Camping world, Mercedes Vans, Thor Motor Coach, Under Armor, Stance, KOA camp grounds, Pilot gas stations, and any others that people in the sport would use in their travels or their life. I am sure there are tons of others but the juice as to be worth the squeeze as they say.
Redbull sponsors 4 f1 cars
8/19/2016 9:19am
Moto810 wrote:
I do not see how Red Bull would sell more by sponsoring more teams or riders. As of now I think they over sponsor as it...
I'd really love to see Under Armour make some MX gear. I bet it would be awesome, but probably pretty pricey.

The Shop

Moto810
8/19/2016 9:20am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2016 9:22am
Moto810 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
What does that mean? Because they sponsor 4 f1 cars they should sponsor more in motocross?
Moto810
8/19/2016 9:21am
Moto810 wrote:
I'd really love to see Under Armour make some MX gear. I bet it would be awesome, but probably pretty pricey.
I agree but I bet they could do a great job of it and it would work for mountain biking also.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/19/2016 9:38am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2016 9:39am
If I were a betting man, I'd bet on a "placeholder" team in 2017 and then a big-name rider on a team with a big sponsor in 2018. But that's just my opinion. Whistling
kkawboy14
8/19/2016 9:43am
Moto810 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Moto810 wrote:
What does that mean? Because they sponsor 4 f1 cars they should sponsor more in motocross?
It just means they are a company that will deal in extremes and the cash they throw at F1 would probably run all of moto
brimx153
8/19/2016 9:48am
mb60 wrote:
So with Matty B testing a star racing yamaha for next year. And JS7 just dropping off the planet the last 3 rounds. Is it safe...
So with Matty B testing a star racing yamaha for next year. And JS7 just dropping off the planet the last 3 rounds. Is it safe to assume there will be no Yosh in 2017 ?

How does RCH/Red Bull/Suzuki sound next year ?
there was a big rumor that Everts Suzuki is going to be RED BULL , but dont know if it is going to happen
Moto810
8/19/2016 9:52am
Yes the money they put in F1 is big money I am sure, but they get much bigger returns than all of moto could ever give. I do not see how sponsoring 4 cars does much more than sponsoring 2 cars though. I think there is a tipping point where it is no longer special enough to grab the attention of the public.

Don't get me wrong Red Bull is a great sponsor. I am just saying it is time to look outside the sport but the sport has a problem. The sport does not like to change much. Here is a quote that sums it up.

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."

George Bernard Shaw
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
8/19/2016 10:38am
Moto810 wrote:
Yes the money they put in F1 is big money I am sure, but they get much bigger returns than all of moto could ever give...
Yes the money they put in F1 is big money I am sure, but they get much bigger returns than all of moto could ever give. I do not see how sponsoring 4 cars does much more than sponsoring 2 cars though. I think there is a tipping point where it is no longer special enough to grab the attention of the public.

Don't get me wrong Red Bull is a great sponsor. I am just saying it is time to look outside the sport but the sport has a problem. The sport does not like to change much. Here is a quote that sums it up.

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."

George Bernard Shaw
RedBull owns 4 F1 cars. So I guess they technically sponsor their own teams.

Not sure why they bought 2 teams, maybe it had to do with the economic collapse and they picked them up cheap or because one of their owners Dietrich Mateshiz loves racing and Motorsports so much he wanted 4 cars to help them develop drivers.
8/19/2016 10:49am
Moto810 wrote:
Yes the money they put in F1 is big money I am sure, but they get much bigger returns than all of moto could ever give...

George Bernard Shaw
While I agree you do have to remember once you do the R&D, testing, bla bla bla of one or two cars, the 3rd and 4th cars become drastically "cheaper" although nothing about F1 is cheap.

On a side note it baffles me that Nike, Under Armor, Adidas, etc have not tried to get into MX. We are a very fashion based sport that has a user base who is used to spending money on things.

They already have tons of production, materials, and development knowledge...seems like they would start small like EVS and then work their way to full gear.
hvaughn88
8/19/2016 10:52am
Moto810 wrote:

George Bernard Shaw
While I agree you do have to remember once you do the R&D, testing, bla bla bla of one or two cars, the 3rd and 4th...
While I agree you do have to remember once you do the R&D, testing, bla bla bla of one or two cars, the 3rd and 4th cars become drastically "cheaper" although nothing about F1 is cheap.

On a side note it baffles me that Nike, Under Armor, Adidas, etc have not tried to get into MX. We are a very fashion based sport that has a user base who is used to spending money on things.

They already have tons of production, materials, and development knowledge...seems like they would start small like EVS and then work their way to full gear.
I can't remember the exact rumor, but isn't there somebody high up at UA with a kid that rides? I don't remember the specifics. On a side note, when incredibly successful companies like them don't get involved, I take it as a statement instead of a surprise, haha.
JohnnyT_983
8/19/2016 11:27am
While I agree you do have to remember once you do the R&D, testing, bla bla bla of one or two cars, the 3rd and 4th...

Nike did, don't you remember the Nike 6.0 Boots that Dungey and Stew wore for a couple years.
I don't think they saw it as a perfect business venture because you aren't seeing the riders wearing Nike shoes on the podium, Maybe a Nike hat or something but that was about it. I'm pretty sure Hurley sponsored Ivan Todesco one year too when he did the first stint with Vali Yamaha in SX for a couple races.
kkawboy14
8/19/2016 11:41am
Moto810 wrote:

George Bernard Shaw
RedBull owns 4 F1 cars. So I guess they technically sponsor their own teams. Not sure why they bought 2 teams, maybe it had to do...
RedBull owns 4 F1 cars. So I guess they technically sponsor their own teams.

Not sure why they bought 2 teams, maybe it had to do with the economic collapse and they picked them up cheap or because one of their owners Dietrich Mateshiz loves racing and Motorsports so much he wanted 4 cars to help them develop drivers.
That's my point, they don't do what to the average person seems logical so if they decide they want 6 or 8 bikes in their stable they will go for it.

What they have done for KTM goes beyond good business sense, they jumped on their bandwagon and flooded it with cash because they are companies from the same country, who else does that?

Red bulls Hangar 7 in Salzburg housing their toys has a ton of cash thrown at it, if y'all ever get a chance to go there check it out. That place alone will give you some of the mindset into that company.

Roostermx58
8/19/2016 11:42am
Moto810 wrote:

George Bernard Shaw

Adidas is also in MX as they Sponsor the TLD/KTM team....
oshow
8/19/2016 11:47am
tylermx967 wrote:
I THINK A GOOD OFFSEASIN THAT SUSZUKI CAN WIN THE RACES AGEN NEXT YEAR. I HOPE MIKE WEBB BRINGS BACK BRAKE AND MATT SO THEY HAVE...
I THINK A GOOD OFFSEASIN THAT SUSZUKI CAN WIN THE RACES AGEN NEXT YEAR. I HOPE MIKE WEBB BRINGS BACK BRAKE AND MATT SO THEY HAVE ONE RIDER THATS FORM TEXAS.
Brake going to KTM
chump6784
8/19/2016 12:20pm

Nike did, don't you remember the Nike 6.0 Boots that Dungey and Stew wore for a couple years. I don't think they saw it as a...
Nike did, don't you remember the Nike 6.0 Boots that Dungey and Stew wore for a couple years.
I don't think they saw it as a perfect business venture because you aren't seeing the riders wearing Nike shoes on the podium, Maybe a Nike hat or something but that was about it. I'm pretty sure Hurley sponsored Ivan Todesco one year too when he did the first stint with Vali Yamaha in SX for a couple races.
Problem was, no one could buy those boots. Judging by the response on here when they came out Nike would have sold a ton of them
JohnnyT_983
8/19/2016 12:33pm
chump6784 wrote:
Problem was, no one could buy those boots. Judging by the response on here when they came out Nike would have sold a ton of them
They could have, but I think the action sports sector (Nike 6.0) didn't do as well as they wanted there for it is no more. That was a big stride taking on a motocross boot and it's too bad they didn't pursue it a little more. Although the Nike 6.0 and Fox instinct boots look vaguely similar.

Not to throw off topic of this, but we are way off topic from the OP's original post.
BigDaddyG
8/19/2016 1:04pm

Nike did, don't you remember the Nike 6.0 Boots that Dungey and Stew wore for a couple years. I don't think they saw it as a...
Nike just pulled the plug on Nike golf apparel a few weeks ago because it wasn't making the percentage of profits forecasted this fiscal year. They did the same with 6.0, they killed it and focused on SB while they let Hurley pick up the rest of that demographic.

Nike only planned to make a few sets of those boots and they actually hired the lead designer at Fox (at the time) to run a division in which those boots were made. Personally I think they could do well in moto, so much of the NFL gear they make (Nike Pro) would cross over with very little work.

While UA is gaining a tiny bit of the market they are still a pimple on the ass of Nike and will never be a threat. Nike had the boots, collaborated with JS and TLD on the first SEVEN gear so if they were ever to get in the market they would have a long time ago. But compared to the other sports moto is a tiny sport with not many normal joes doing it compared to skate, basketball, tennis, football, running, etc...

If Nike made gear I would be wearing it head to toe for moto.....shit, all my clothes now are all Nike for the most part.
Jmicmoto13
8/19/2016 1:54pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nike just pulled the plug on Nike golf apparel a few weeks ago because it wasn't making the percentage of profits forecasted this fiscal year. They...
Nike just pulled the plug on Nike golf apparel a few weeks ago because it wasn't making the percentage of profits forecasted this fiscal year. They did the same with 6.0, they killed it and focused on SB while they let Hurley pick up the rest of that demographic.

Nike only planned to make a few sets of those boots and they actually hired the lead designer at Fox (at the time) to run a division in which those boots were made. Personally I think they could do well in moto, so much of the NFL gear they make (Nike Pro) would cross over with very little work.

While UA is gaining a tiny bit of the market they are still a pimple on the ass of Nike and will never be a threat. Nike had the boots, collaborated with JS and TLD on the first SEVEN gear so if they were ever to get in the market they would have a long time ago. But compared to the other sports moto is a tiny sport with not many normal joes doing it compared to skate, basketball, tennis, football, running, etc...

If Nike made gear I would be wearing it head to toe for moto.....shit, all my clothes now are all Nike for the most part.
Agreed. I've always thought Under Armour would transition some of there breathable athletic materials into Moto jerseys and pants with out effort. I wish Nike was still interested in Moto as well. How sick would Nike gear, boots, and and Air Max helmet be?
Moto810
8/19/2016 2:29pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nike just pulled the plug on Nike golf apparel a few weeks ago because it wasn't making the percentage of profits forecasted this fiscal year. They...

Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Agreed. I've always thought Under Armour would transition some of there breathable athletic materials into Moto jerseys and pants with out effort. I wish Nike was...
Agreed. I've always thought Under Armour would transition some of there breathable athletic materials into Moto jerseys and pants with out effort. I wish Nike was still interested in Moto as well. How sick would Nike gear, boots, and and Air Max helmet be?
How about a line of Nike or UA that is made for both moto and mountain biking that can be sold locally? That is a big market if you can combine the gear into one line! The crashes of moto can be bigger of course but crashing a mountain bike can still kill you.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
8/19/2016 2:48pm
So placeholder for Eli? He's the only big name open in 17...... and big sponsor? Do tell.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/19/2016 2:55pm
MxKing809 wrote:
So placeholder for Eli? He's the only big name open in 17...... and big sponsor? Do tell.
I lost my decoder ring, can you please translate that for us ? Tongue
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
8/19/2016 2:58pm
Falcon wrote:
If I were a betting man, I'd bet on a "placeholder" team in 2017 and then a big-name rider on a team with a big sponsor...
If I were a betting man, I'd bet on a "placeholder" team in 2017 and then a big-name rider on a team with a big sponsor in 2018. But that's just my opinion. Whistling
Forgot to quote this bro
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/19/2016 3:02pm
Falcon wrote:
If I were a betting man, I'd bet on a "placeholder" team in 2017 and then a big-name rider on a team with a big sponsor...
MxKing809 wrote:
Forgot to quote this bro
Gotcha... Not sure what he's smoking. Cool
KazFu
8/19/2016 3:51pm
My guess is there will not be a Suzuki 450 team running out of Yoshimura's Chino race shop in 2017.
The Rock
8/19/2016 4:34pm
We need to get some weight lifting equipment makers to sponsor some teams. Most of us bros lift as it is.
rniesz
8/19/2016 4:53pm

BigDaddyG wrote:

I believe they only pulled the plug on clubs. They said they were going to focus more on apparel and shoes.

Post a reply to: Yosh 2017.

The Latest