Yamaha and Honda's next great idea!

Ing
7/16/2010 3:10am
Haha, too funny. The funny part is, it's probably closer to reality than we know.
Kinetic1
7/16/2010 3:49am
There is a company in California that will convert the Kawasaki KLR650 to a diesel. The military uses them but you can buy one too.
7/16/2010 4:47am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2010 4:42pm
Kinetic1 wrote:
There is a company in California that will convert the Kawasaki KLR650 to a diesel. The military uses them but you can buy one too.
So what you're really trying to say is that you have inside information that Mitch Payton is in on it too??? Let me translate this insider information for my press release.

I have just received inside information that along with Yamaha and Honda, Kawasaki too will be entering this diesel revolution through Pro Circuit in the lites class. Reports are Kawasaki is testing a 650cc diesel to compete in the 250cc, class. Rumor has it that these bikes are being tested at a super secret test track in Victorville California by navy seals. The bikes are currently under a stringent test regiment that is being pushed along at a very accelerated rate by some guy that runs around kicking the dirt, yelling and screaming at the navy seal test riders... Spy photo's to follow soon...

Did I get that right Kinetic?!
nc_mx_kid
7/16/2010 5:09am
too many beer drang to come up with stuff like this

The Shop

7/16/2010 5:29am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2010 10:22am
The spy photos just in.

Here is the bike standard form fresh from conversion. This is the Marine version (Jeff's). From what we understand the unknown guy running around kicking the dirt is forcing the marine to run mirrors. Word on the street is he was so pissed at the navy seal guy for constantly looking back, he put mirrors on his bike so he would stop. He doesn't want the marine to get in the habit.

Here in an apparent attempt to hide their new machine from our spy cameras. See if you can spot it as they have camoed it up a little more!

7/16/2010 5:31am

On a side note, while the spy cameras were clicking away, they caught a glimpse of Vilipoto's 2011 smoker. We overheard some comment that Poto had found the test facility for the 650's and the navy seal might not make it to A1. This should get interesting.

SwapperMX
7/16/2010 5:41am
Careful of the black helicopters !!!!!!!

Get the tin foil hats out boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
trilandun
7/16/2010 7:25am
ROFLcopters!

Very creative. Awesome post!
7/16/2010 10:15am
SwapperMX wrote:
Careful of the black helicopters !!!!!!!

Get the tin foil hats out boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tin foil hats, ROFL!!!!!!

Sh1ts pretty deep on this thread huh!
rocrac
7/16/2010 10:43am
You heard it here first folks. Yamaha is currently in talks with the AMA and are getting the rules changed yet again! Their new waiver is...
You heard it here first folks. Yamaha is currently in talks with the AMA and are getting the rules changed yet again! Their new waiver is to let their latest creation race for one season without homologation. Yamaha's new machine, which is a single cylinder 846cc diesel dirt bike. Yep I said diesel. The new rule will allow up to an 850cc diesel dirt bike to race in the 450cc class. Yamaha and Honda have gotten together and conspired to do away with those pesky noisy expensive polluting four strokes. One engineer told me on condition of the strictest anonymity that the new bikes would have smoother power, be easier to ride (in a straight line), quieter, and would have a distinct advantage at the high altitude events thanks to the turbo charger. He stated that while there may be a "modest" weight increase, thanks to the 47 degree rearward tilt on the cylinder, the extra "couple of pounds should not be felt". "With this extreme rearward slanting engine innovation, coupled with the smooth predictable torque delivered by the diesel" he continued, "this thing will corner like it's on rails" (as long as it actually is on rails!!!) Yamaha is rumored to have hired some guy out of a trailer park in Oklahoma named Ronny Mac to test the bike at a secret test track (reportedly built a the local county lock-up where this guy apparently spends most of his time), and to debut it at A1 next year. When I asked why they hired him, he stated "that he was darn fast on a dirt bike bike", but most of all, before Ronny lost his license he used to be good at "puttin the hammer down" in big rigs, so they have calculated he would be familiar with stretchin out that diesel. And to top it off as we all know the economy is bad and this guy came cheap. Apparently he works for beer and tacos! Which is just weird, but it fits in Yamaha's budget, which apparently to further cut cost, may end up running a Pabst Blue Ribbon on there bike next year as it will pay half of Ronny's salary and it just fits the color scheme to boot... Those guys at Yamaha sure are ingenuitive.
This engineer stated that once Ronny lays wood to Stewart, Dungey, Poto and Reed in 2011 and wins the supercross and motocross championships, Honda will "rush into production" a model, throw their weight around and get the rule upped to 950cc just to seal the deal, then discontinue and disavow all four strokes as "inferior" an "nostalgic".

He said to get ready to start mortgaging the house for jet fuel and glow plugs boys!
Uh, does some of this sound like deja vu? Te he!!!

So you think it could never happen, just rewind the clock to 1996, if I wrote that back then about 4 strokes what would you have said?
Start pumping iron so you can handle the 298 pound $11,999 diesel dirt sickles boys, they might be on the way???
Just think of Twilight Zone music playing as yall ponder that!!!
Well done...golf clap
agency399
7/16/2010 11:17am
This most likely isn’t going to happen guys........Ronnie Mac still has to get his pro license. Not sure if he can get it by Anaheim with the way the new rules are.
jock
Fantasy
1st
7/16/2010 3:08pm
Rumor has it, Yamaha has got the pro license thing sorted.
They are going to enter Ronnie for A1 under the name of a bloke he shared a cell with, someone called J-Law.
7/16/2010 3:10pm
Thank you.

Interesting...

I'd also love to quote you, but why do you have such huge fucking gaps between your paragraphs?

Fix it.
7/16/2010 3:12pm
You heard it here first folks. Yamaha is currently in talks with the AMA and are getting the rules changed yet again! Their new waiver is...
You heard it here first folks. Yamaha is currently in talks with the AMA and are getting the rules changed yet again! Their new waiver is to let their latest creation race for one season without homologation. Yamaha's new machine, which is a single cylinder 846cc diesel dirt bike. Yep I said diesel. The new rule will allow up to an 850cc diesel dirt bike to race in the 450cc class. Yamaha and Honda have gotten together and conspired to do away with those pesky noisy expensive polluting four strokes. One engineer told me on condition of the strictest anonymity that the new bikes would have smoother power, be easier to ride (in a straight line), quieter, and would have a distinct advantage at the high altitude events thanks to the turbo charger. He stated that while there may be a "modest" weight increase, thanks to the 47 degree rearward tilt on the cylinder, the extra "couple of pounds should not be felt". "With this extreme rearward slanting engine innovation, coupled with the smooth predictable torque delivered by the diesel" he continued, "this thing will corner like it's on rails" (as long as it actually is on rails!!!) Yamaha is rumored to have hired some guy out of a trailer park in Oklahoma named Ronny Mac to test the bike at a secret test track (reportedly built a the local county lock-up where this guy apparently spends most of his time), and to debut it at A1 next year. When I asked why they hired him, he stated "that he was darn fast on a dirt bike bike", but most of all, before Ronny lost his license he used to be good at "puttin the hammer down" in big rigs, so they have calculated he would be familiar with stretchin out that diesel. And to top it off as we all know the economy is bad and this guy came cheap. Apparently he works for beer and tacos! Which is just weird, but it fits in Yamaha's budget, which apparently to further cut cost, may end up running a Pabst Blue Ribbon on there bike next year as it will pay half of Ronny's salary and it just fits the color scheme to boot... Those guys at Yamaha sure are ingenuitive.
This engineer stated that once Ronny lays wood to Stewart, Dungey, Poto and Reed in 2011 and wins the supercross and motocross championships, Honda will "rush into production" a model, throw their weight around and get the rule upped to 950cc just to seal the deal, then discontinue and disavow all four strokes as "inferior" an "nostalgic".

He said to get ready to start mortgaging the house for jet fuel and glow plugs boys!
Uh, does some of this sound like deja vu? Te he!!!

So you think it could never happen, just rewind the clock to 1996, if I wrote that back then about 4 strokes what would you have said?
Start pumping iron so you can handle the 298 pound $11,999 diesel dirt sickles boys, they might be on the way???
Just think of Twilight Zone music playing as yall ponder that!!!
Why does Couchdriver have those huge fucking spaces between his paragraphs? Yet when I try to quote him, the paragraphs are all tight together?
ARK TOKEN
7/16/2010 3:24pm
convert to diesel then run off veggie oil ....premix to the next level!
JW381
7/16/2010 3:33pm
Hilarious. Ronny Mac sure does know how to handle a diesel.
7/16/2010 4:40pm
ARK TOKEN wrote:
convert to diesel then run off veggie oil ....premix to the next level!
Yea that is why they are gettin away from the 4 strokes, there horrible polluting gas hogs. So to keep the tree huggers happy now you'll be able to swing in Mickie D's and fill er up. It'll be a number 12 on the value menu if I'm correct!
Lightning78
7/16/2010 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2010 6:46pm
Honda actually has a 2 stroke 400cc engine that runs exactly like a diesel......they said in a mag test back in 94 or 95 that at 400cc it had the potential of a 250cc smoker .....so even though that original post was way out in left field there is some truth to the possibility
edgo897
7/16/2010 6:50pm
I was gonna get a KTM350 but now I think I'll wait for the diesel. I'll run mine with used fry grease from the local Wing Shack.
7/17/2010 1:01am
Honda actually has a 2 stroke 400cc engine that runs exactly like a diesel......they said in a mag test back in 94 or 95 that at...
Honda actually has a 2 stroke 400cc engine that runs exactly like a diesel......they said in a mag test back in 94 or 95 that at 400cc it had the potential of a 250cc smoker .....so even though that original post was way out in left field there is some truth to the possibility
FYI there are both two stroke and four stroke diesels. Lets hope they make the 2 stroke one!!!

Post a reply to: Yamaha and Honda's next great idea!

The Latest