Yam & KTM 2 smokes

tzmike
Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 7:47pm
I guess I just love beating a dead horse, all the way to the glue factory. But I just can't help but see the irony in the fact that the hot 250Fs are the Yam & KTM. AND they also happen to be the last to abandon the ring dings. What is the meaning of this ? Ahh, I'm just rambling.. Hoping that that the "others" would monitor forums such as this and hear me.
Sigh.... The 450's are almost the same case. SIGH AGAIN.
|
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/28/2015 3:08pm
This is a very well thought out post, and a game changer for the industry. Good work.
TeamPumpin
7/28/2015 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 3:14pm
For the 37th time this week, 2 strokes aren't coming back to pro racing.
(Edit: Other than for a sideshow such as the guy on the 125, who also raced a 4-stroke at PIR when he actually had a chance of winning some money)

In before dumbgeon
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
7/28/2015 3:16pm
I think it's funny that yamaha was the first with the 250f and now they continue to produce the 2 strokes. Kinda like a insulting sorry gesture from yamaha
Nothing against the bike they are great bikes.
kkawboy14
7/28/2015 3:16pm
They are probably left over 2 strokes from 5 years ago that they couldn't sell........

The Shop

peelout
7/28/2015 3:22pm
the YZ and KTM 250 are the smoking hot 9 with a great personality that you dated for about 10 years before going through a midlife crisis and breaking up with her then dating her younger sister, the 250f for a few years. then that slut cheated on you with your best friend and threw away your collection of Pink Floyd albums and took your dog and is a horrible person and told everyone that you had a small Johnson, so you hit up the old 9 who's now a solid 7.5 and she's still down to hook up.
7/28/2015 3:33pm
peelout wrote:
the YZ and KTM 250 are the smoking hot 9 with a great personality that you dated for about 10 years before going through a midlife...
the YZ and KTM 250 are the smoking hot 9 with a great personality that you dated for about 10 years before going through a midlife crisis and breaking up with her then dating her younger sister, the 250f for a few years. then that slut cheated on you with your best friend and threw away your collection of Pink Floyd albums and took your dog and is a horrible person and told everyone that you had a small Johnson, so you hit up the old 9 who's now a solid 7.5 and she's still down to hook up.
This.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/28/2015 3:38pm
peelout wrote:
the YZ and KTM 250 are the smoking hot 9 with a great personality that you dated for about 10 years before going through a midlife...
I faced a remarkably similar situation, and as much as I like Pink Floyd I just couldn't give up the younger sister. I played my cards right and now enjoy both sisters. Together. Sometimes on the same day at the same track. I can't help your small johnson, but there is hope you can get your Pink Floyd albums back.
peelout
7/28/2015 3:40pm
peelout wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
I faced a remarkably similar situation, and as much as I like Pink Floyd I just couldn't give up the younger sister. I played my cards...
I faced a remarkably similar situation, and as much as I like Pink Floyd I just couldn't give up the younger sister. I played my cards right and now enjoy both sisters. Together. Sometimes on the same day at the same track. I can't help your small johnson, but there is hope you can get your Pink Floyd albums back.
what, and buy the CD's? yeah, fuck that
newmann
7/28/2015 3:45pm
TeamPumpin wrote:
For the 37th time this week, 2 strokes aren't coming back to pro racing. (Edit: Other than for a sideshow such as the guy on the...
(Edit: Other than for a sideshow such as the guy on the 125, who also raced a 4-stroke at PIR when he actually had a chance of winning some money)

In before dumbgeon
Yet old antiquated twins are coming back to AMA Pro flat track.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/AMA-rule-book-strikes-aga…

Never say never.
7/28/2015 4:44pm
peelout wrote:
Peelout, you are a modern-day philosopher.
7/28/2015 4:48pm
peelout wrote:

Spergen
7/28/2015 5:23pm
peelout wrote:
Off topic but a friend of mine and long time lurker of this board has just split with his wife for his daughters best friend (ok well ex best friend now) really looking forward to riding this weekend and getting the next instalment of his soap opera life.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
7/28/2015 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 8:42pm
But the 2-stroke is unchanged or moderately improved so why the 1.5 point downgrade to a 7.5? Has your perspective changed forever due to the younger sister?
BMW_97
7/28/2015 8:46pm
keep the two strokes and get rid of the four strokes!!
Bressler11
7/28/2015 8:48pm
Because the younger sister may need some linkage bearings, she is still fun, but isn't entirely clapped out like the older sister
7/28/2015 9:11pm
TeamPumpin wrote:
For the 37th time this week, 2 strokes aren't coming back to pro racing. (Edit: Other than for a sideshow such as the guy on the...

In before dumbgeon
nah, 2 strokes are dead, no pros racing them at all. not coming back. never.

these ones neither.

This video was obviously doctored somehow, because two strokes aren't ridden by pros anymore.
Jack mehoff
7/28/2015 10:11pm
What's the chance that HUSKY AND YAMAHA roll up at 250 smoker to the line at the candien nats next year
Jack mehoff
7/28/2015 10:17pm
I hope somebody interview ing jimmy d ask the question if he got to pick between the smoker or the stroker before the series started
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
7/28/2015 11:28pm
I hope somebody interview ing jimmy d ask the question if he got to pick between the smoker or the stroker before the series started
I think pulp or dmxs did. His answer was something along the lines of, why would he do that up there when the ultimate goal is to get a 250f ride in the states and teams aren't really going to be impressed with him winning on a 2 stroke, he wasn't to interested in changing his riding style to ride a 2 stroke for a hand full of races and also the yami 250f was such a good bike he didn't see the disadvantage.

I'm paraphrasing from memory of course, however he said it, it definitely made logical sense when I heard it.
hellion
7/29/2015 4:43am
What's the chance that HUSKY AND YAMAHA roll up at 250 smoker to the line at the candien nats next year
You'd think they would. But remember the rule changing fiasco last year when they tried to neuter the two strokes to keep them from winning again. For next year they'll probably require restrictor plates!

And Peely, awesome post.
Premix
7/29/2015 4:46am
peelout wrote:
Peelout FTW
tzmike
7/29/2015 5:59am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 6:01am
I see some comments on regarding National/Pro's riding 2 strokes. Having Pro's race, or have a class, was not what I was thinking. Granted, one could only WISH for that to happen. Since I'm sure that the vast majority are not Pro riders, the 2 strokes still sell from what I see at the local level, not even considering how many are used for practice/play/woods and general all around buffoonery. KTM does the 150. Odd ball size no ? But they get sold to the riders in the previous sentence. For all the rest of us, thank goodness that Yam & KTM ALLOW us
to still have a choice in a NEW bike that has that showroom smell, feel & fit. Own both, but as it's been said time and time again, the smoker is more fun.
h&m_cycle
7/29/2015 6:18am
tzmike wrote:
I guess I just love beating a dead horse, all the way to the glue factory. But I just can't help but see the irony in...
I guess I just love beating a dead horse, all the way to the glue factory. But I just can't help but see the irony in the fact that the hot 250Fs are the Yam & KTM. AND they also happen to be the last to abandon the ring dings. What is the meaning of this ? Ahh, I'm just rambling.. Hoping that that the "others" would monitor forums such as this and hear me.
Sigh.... The 450's are almost the same case. SIGH AGAIN.
It's called Karma...
K-dubbb
7/29/2015 8:38am
I wish these forums had a 'Like' option......

I presume that Yamaha and KTM/Husky fill the market demand for new 2 strokes, nor is their really a need for stiff competition amongst brands since these bikes aren't consistently competing on the high stage, well not here in North America. I'd be interested to in seeing the sales data on these bikes, it can't be that compelling or the other brands would be engaged in the market - regardless of performance, these are still businesses and if theres an opportunity with ample demand, they would enter the ring.

I thoroughly enjoy my recently restored 01' Rm 125, but those 16' KTM's thoughhhhh Kissing
kkawboy14
7/29/2015 8:46am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 8:47am
TeamPumpin wrote:

In before dumbgeon
nah, 2 strokes are dead, no pros racing them at all. not coming back. never. [embed] https://youtu.be/P9WfMVcnuY8 [/embed] these ones neither. [embed] https://youtu.be/vLgjfxB4fak [/embed] This video...
nah, 2 strokes are dead, no pros racing them at all. not coming back. never.

these ones neither.

This video was obviously doctored somehow, because two strokes aren't ridden by pros anymore.
How much do these 2 stoke pro classes payout?

If they don't pay much, they are really just a way for the promoters to make money on the weekend by getting sign up fees from riders.

cslacker
7/29/2015 10:20am
kkawboy14 wrote:
How much do these 2 stoke pro classes payout? If they don't pay much, they are really just a way for the promoters to make money...

If they don't pay much, they are really just a way for the promoters to make money on the weekend by getting sign up fees from riders.

I'm guessing you already know the answer but if not...

The Canadian series is not a 2 stroke pro class, it is a 250 class with equal displacement rules... Don't know the payouts.

The EMX 125 & 300 series' have the exact same pro payout as the MX2 and MXGP series...
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/29/2015 10:40am
peelout wrote:
Gold. Absolute gold!
kkawboy14
7/29/2015 10:44am
kkawboy14 wrote:
How much do these 2 stoke pro classes payout? If they don't pay much, they are really just a way for the promoters to make money...

cslacker wrote:
I'm guessing you already know the answer but if not... The Canadian series is not a 2 stroke pro class, it is a 250 class with...
I'm guessing you already know the answer but if not...

The Canadian series is not a 2 stroke pro class, it is a 250 class with equal displacement rules... Don't know the payouts.

The EMX 125 & 300 series' have the exact same pro payout as the MX2 and MXGP series...
None have event payouts but the series payouts are the same?

Post a reply to: Yam & KTM 2 smokes

The Latest