Would a thread titled like...

mmcmx
Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 11:29am
"Trey is a piece of crap" or "Gallager is a moron" still not be in the Dumbgeon?

But with Reed is ok, It was OK with Townley back in the day too

Not biased at all.
|
Spydee
1/19/2015 1:25am
Would a thread titled like "Would a thread titled like..." end up in the dumbgeon?

Yes.
RbR
1/19/2015 5:56pm
If Webb is cool as Crap ... and Reed is a piece of Crap ...

What the hell is going on here?
zehn
1/19/2015 6:03pm
mmcmx wrote:
"Trey is a piece of crap" or "Gallager is a moron" still not be in the Dumbgeon? But with Reed is ok, It was OK with...
"Trey is a piece of crap" or "Gallager is a moron" still not be in the Dumbgeon?

Not biased at all.
Not when it has 10,000 views
1/19/2015 6:03pm
Reed likes to "tell it like it is" and doesn't sugar coat anything, and is applauded for that. Right? Same thing going on. Plus, he's a big boy, I'm sure he's not losing sleep over this Wink

The Shop

oshow
1/19/2015 7:38pm
mmcmx wrote:
"Trey is a piece of crap" or "Gallager is a moron" still not be in the Dumbgeon? But with Reed is ok, It was OK with...

Not biased at all.
I would be okay with a Gallager is a moron one.
toroP
1/19/2015 7:44pm
Obviously? Are you a young person with two user names?
500guy
1/19/2015 7:59pm
mmcmx wrote:

Not biased at all.
I don't think it's biased but I sure don't like it.

the one titled F%**k Reed and a few of them are getting way out of hand, none of them deserves these verbal public beat downs
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
1/19/2015 8:15pm
500guy wrote:
I don't think it's biased but I sure don't like it. the one titled F%**k Reed and a few of them are getting way out of...
I don't think it's biased but I sure don't like it.

the one titled F%**k Reed and a few of them are getting way out of hand, none of them deserves these verbal public beat downs
Couldn't agree more. Lots of people around here need to pull their heads in and have some freaking respect. If I was as much of a dick as some of the people on here, I'd kick my own ass.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/19/2015 8:45pm
mmcmx wrote:

Not biased at all.
phpbb.com for forum software, and lunarpages.com (or equivalent) for hosting.

You too can be a forum administrator. Good luck.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/19/2015 8:48pm
mmcmx wrote:

Not biased at all.
GuyB wrote:

Laughing that made me laugh.

I'm sure it is not always easy. Smile
1/20/2015 8:47am
GuyB wrote:

That was awesome lol.
The Rock
1/20/2015 9:44am
mmcmx wrote:

Not biased at all.
+1

I just made a post asking if there haven't been any mods since Saturday since the thread is question is still up and guess what happened? My thread got deleted and the Reed is a piece of crap thread is still up.

WTF!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/20/2015 9:50am
The Rock wrote:
+1 I just made a post asking if there haven't been any mods since Saturday since the thread is question is still up and guess what...
+1

I just made a post asking if there haven't been any mods since Saturday since the thread is question is still up and guess what happened? My thread got deleted and the Reed is a piece of crap thread is still up.

WTF!
Rock, why do you post here?
The Rock
1/20/2015 9:52am
GuyB wrote:

GuyB-None of us want to start our own forum and I would like to think a show of solidarity like what's in this thread speaks to how there are some of us that really care about the forum and just don't come on here to diss riders.

Everyone reads Vital MX probably even the people that say they never go on MX forums......the site is too bitchin' IMO to let people like the OP of the Reed is a piece of crap thread tarnish our reputations. Left unchecked I can appreciate why a lot of the riders think forums are such a joke.

Aside from that keep up the great work and see you at the races.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/20/2015 10:54am
The Rock wrote:
GuyB-None of us want to start our own forum and I would like to think a show of solidarity like what's in this thread speaks to...
GuyB-None of us want to start our own forum and I would like to think a show of solidarity like what's in this thread speaks to how there are some of us that really care about the forum and just don't come on here to diss riders.

Everyone reads Vital MX probably even the people that say they never go on MX forums......the site is too bitchin' IMO to let people like the OP of the Reed is a piece of crap thread tarnish our reputations. Left unchecked I can appreciate why a lot of the riders think forums are such a joke.

The "Reed is Crap" thread is now history, and just for information purposes, here's a peek at my weekend.

After the race I was working on content like the Results Sheet and the audio of Reed and Canard's incidents. That means going through a couple thousand photos, and getting everything posted. I also uploaded a batch of photos for win ads that we produce each week. I finished up about 4:30 AM, and went to my girlfriend's place. She got up at 7:30, and I couldn't get back to sleep, plus I had to get up for the Shimano's Moto Athlete Ride.

I did that ride, got done about 2:00, and went back to her place for a couple more hours of sleep, then got up and started working on the Photo Blast.

On Monday I was working on other audio interviews, plus sending out more photos.

What I wasn't doing was babysitting the forum. People lose their minds for 2-3 days after an event like that. I did get in there and clean up some dupe and the cream of the really dumb, but if it gets too heavy-handed, people lose their minds about "censorship."

1/20/2015 10:57am
The Rock wrote:
GuyB-None of us want to start our own forum and I would like to think a show of solidarity like what's in this thread speaks to...

GuyB wrote:
The "Reed is Crap" thread is now history, and just for information purposes, here's a peek at my weekend. After the race I was working on...
The "Reed is Crap" thread is now history, and just for information purposes, here's a peek at my weekend.

After the race I was working on content like the Results Sheet and the audio of Reed and Canard's incidents. That means going through a couple thousand photos, and getting everything posted. I also uploaded a batch of photos for win ads that we produce each week. I finished up about 4:30 AM, and went to my girlfriend's place. She got up at 7:30, and I couldn't get back to sleep, plus I had to get up for the Shimano's Moto Athlete Ride.

I did that ride, got done about 2:00, and went back to her place for a couple more hours of sleep, then got up and started working on the Photo Blast.

On Monday I was working on other audio interviews, plus sending out more photos.

What I wasn't doing was babysitting the forum. People lose their minds for 2-3 days after an event like that. I did get in there and clean up some dupe and the cream of the really dumb, but if it gets too heavy-handed, people lose their minds about "censorship."

Try and streamline your duties and pick up the pace a little so you can cover everything, c'mon!

Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/20/2015 11:06am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2015 11:08am
Try and streamline your duties and pick up the pace a little so you can cover everything, c'mon!

Wink
Smile

Oh, and for the record, I think people need to bring a little more respect to what they're posting. Something I frequently use on our Instagram posts (where people make this place look like a preschool) is #justsaynotoantisocialmedia
Tracktor
1/20/2015 11:14am
GuyB wrote:

The Rock wrote:

I have this really neat way of dealing with threads I don't like. I don't read them...............You and anyone else that has a "huge"issue with forum content should try it sometime......................You don't have to read everything posted...........
1/20/2015 11:17am
GuyB wrote:
:) Oh, and for the record, I think people need to bring a little more respect to what they're posting. Something I frequently use on our...
Smile

Oh, and for the record, I think people need to bring a little more respect to what they're posting. Something I frequently use on our Instagram posts (where people make this place look like a preschool) is #justsaynotoantisocialmedia
I hear that and agree wholeheartedly.
The Rock
1/20/2015 11:29am
The Rock wrote:

GuyB wrote:
The "Reed is Crap" thread is now history, and just for information purposes, here's a peek at my weekend. After the race I was working on...

Thanks for killing the thread GuyB. Can any of the other mods kill threads in your absence like the ones with F bombs in the titles?

Can't speak for the rest of the members but personally I'm cool with you taking care of yourself and getting better rest. I will gladly wait for the Photo Blast. With your travel schedule rest is your friend and number one defense against getting sick.

Like the Jamba Juice slogan goes....life is a marathon not a sprint. See you at the races!

Post a reply to: Would a thread titled like...

The Latest