Would Josh Grant have been a SX winner this season if not injured?

Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3092nd
4/6/2011 10:02am
mxrider225 wrote:
No but I think Weimer or pourcel could have.
lucero10x wrote:
If you think Weimer had a better chance at a sx win then Grant you are seriously high. I think Grant just needs to finish a...
If you think Weimer had a better chance at a sx win then Grant you are seriously high. I think Grant just needs to finish a few races in the top five and get comfortable with the consistency of the top speed and go for it. The poor kid hasn't had a chance to even find a groove or a real rhythm on a 450. Something always fucks him up. Kinda sad and I hope he can pull himself out of the shit slump when he comes back. Does anybody know if he is gonna make the outdoors?
Grant never even won a supercross lites title in the 4 years he tried. Weimer won a title last year against somebody who now has 3 wins in the Supercross class (Canard.)

You are seriously high if you think JG would have a higher chance of winning than Weimer.

Idiot.
downandup
4/6/2011 10:08am
Grant win a race if not injured? Doubt it very much.
wow123
4/6/2011 10:20am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2011 10:22am
peelout wrote:
i bet Honda is glad they signed Grant and not Reed... [img]http://dosbeerigos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/borat-not-jb.jpg[/img]
i bet Honda is glad they signed Grant and not Reed...

with your avatar and this

you must like groucho marx
mxbile131
4/6/2011 10:25am
I think most of you forget that "if" Windham hadn't gone down at Houston, there is a very good chance he would have won that... Grant my not be consistent but he has raw speed, and could have gotten one this year if things went his way IMO...

The Shop

peelout
4/6/2011 10:27am
peelout wrote:
i bet Honda is glad they signed Grant and not Reed... [img]http://dosbeerigos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/borat-not-jb.jpg[/img]
i bet Honda is glad they signed Grant and not Reed...

wow123 wrote:
with your avatar and this

you must like groucho marx
not really, but ron jeremy is a pimp
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
4/6/2011 11:35am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2011 11:36am
It would be great to see Grant start putting it down, but this is only a pipe dream. Several years of injuries is tough to overcome. Ask George Holland.
rc4187
4/6/2011 11:39am
I don't think Grant would have won a race this year. He would have been a game changer though. I think the points scenario we're seeing would be vastly different had Grant been to every race.
lucero10x
4/6/2011 11:51am
mxrider225 wrote:
No but I think Weimer or pourcel could have.
lucero10x wrote:
If you think Weimer had a better chance at a sx win then Grant you are seriously high. I think Grant just needs to finish a...
If you think Weimer had a better chance at a sx win then Grant you are seriously high. I think Grant just needs to finish a few races in the top five and get comfortable with the consistency of the top speed and go for it. The poor kid hasn't had a chance to even find a groove or a real rhythm on a 450. Something always fucks him up. Kinda sad and I hope he can pull himself out of the shit slump when he comes back. Does anybody know if he is gonna make the outdoors?
Rewindcaz wrote:
Grant never even won a supercross lites title in the 4 years he tried. Weimer won a title last year against somebody who now has 3...
Grant never even won a supercross lites title in the 4 years he tried. Weimer won a title last year against somebody who now has 3 wins in the Supercross class (Canard.)

You are seriously high if you think JG would have a higher chance of winning than Weimer.

Idiot.
Really, idiot? We'll see how many 450 SX's Weimer wins in his career and compare it to Grant's number. I am afraid that the number 1 that JG currently has is more than what Weimer will net. Please, call me an idiot when weimer actually wins one, bad ass. Weimer is not the first Pro Circuit rider to win a championship against a better rider and he won't be the last.
Ddavis
4/6/2011 11:51am
Wow people are retarded.

Yes.
BLAHBLAH
4/6/2011 12:04pm
I am surprised I don't see it more often but I think Josh Grant and Davi Milsaps are pretty similiar....

They both are touted as being highly talented riders capable of running the leaders pace on any given weekend. They also are known for having distractions in their lives and at times not giving it 100%. They both have struggled with injuries.

IMO they both do enough from time to time to find themselves a ride for the next year. For example win a SX or an outdoor moto. This sport is notorious for rewarding those "capable of winning" rather than steady as she goes.

To answer the question in this thread... I highly doubt JG would have won a SX this year. The top 5 are all still healthy and besides the top 5 guys who else has even landed on the box? IMO JG would have been lucky to have 1 or 2 podiums thus far.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
4/6/2011 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2011 12:07pm
robkinuk wrote:
Who think's Josh Grant would have put it on top of the box at a Supercross round this season, if he hadn't been injured at Anaheim...
Who think's Josh Grant would have put it on top of the box at a Supercross round this season, if he hadn't been injured at Anaheim?
Does he have the speed to run with the 5 "Aliens" Villopoto, Reed, Dungey, Stewart or Canard?
No.
ha..Jeff Alessi is the freakin man!

Honestly, no he wouldnt, the fact that he thinks he's even on the top 5's level is a slap in the face to them. Even with all the carnage the past few rounds he wouldnt be winning.
BLAHBLAH
4/6/2011 12:14pm
lucero10x wrote:
Really, idiot? We'll see how many 450 SX's Weimer wins in his career and compare it to Grant's number. I am afraid that the number 1...
Really, idiot? We'll see how many 450 SX's Weimer wins in his career and compare it to Grant's number. I am afraid that the number 1 that JG currently has is more than what Weimer will net. Please, call me an idiot when weimer actually wins one, bad ass. Weimer is not the first Pro Circuit rider to win a championship against a better rider and he won't be the last.
without calling names....

I would say that winning a SX is more impressive than winning a lites title.

Jake Weimer may never win a SX. The field is very very deep and always getting deeper. He is however a proven winner in the lites class, beating guys like canard and dungey. We have not yet seen how high his potential may rise. Let's hold off judgment for now.

Josh Grant has won a SX. He may have had some luck on his side but he crossed the finish line first with JS CR KW DM and RV (all SX winenrs) all lined up next to him. I would say however there is a good chance he never wins again, like I said the field is getting deeper and deeper every year. I hope he can get healthy and show that he has the ability to run up front again.
Mod Killer
4/6/2011 12:35pm
grant? no. he'd be racing with "the best of the rest"

wiemer? definitely in the running for "best of the rest"....not sure if he'd make it the "super 6" tho. its a wait and see deal.

pourcel? i would think a shoe in to turn the fab 5 into the super 6.
JJO741
Fantasy
3012th
4/6/2011 12:42pm
I can guarantee one thing. If you put Grant in a best whip contest against anybody in the field today, I bet he wins.
mcphilly
4/6/2011 1:47pm
Anyone who thinks Grant can`t run the pace of the top 5 is out of there fucking minds.....I say FUCK YES..... Tongue
smacker
4/6/2011 6:17pm
pourcel would make it the super six. This year's class to stacked for Grant to have won one and bubba is in panic mood which is to my surprise .. JMO
burnside
4/6/2011 6:41pm
I say yes. If Canard has pulled it off I think Josh Grant could snare one.

Im more interested in how Weimer and Pourcel would have done.
Stephon
4/6/2011 7:53pm
Sure JG33 could win a SX, but I think it would take a lot of things going his way for 20+ minutes on a Saturday night...and that can absolutely happen. Is he a threat to finish a 17-race season? hmm...not really. Is he a threat to a SX title? No.

He has loads of talent no doubt, but I think Honda would have been better to have re-upped Short for another year.

I'm also more interested in how Pourcel & Weimer would do in the class.
ReedyMX
4/6/2011 8:39pm
Would Josh Grant have been a SX winner this season if not injured?

NO
bents
Fantasy
694th
4/6/2011 8:43pm
Mod Killer wrote:
grant? no. he'd be racing with "the best of the rest" wiemer? definitely in the running for "best of the rest"....not sure if he'd make it...
grant? no. he'd be racing with "the best of the rest"

wiemer? definitely in the running for "best of the rest"....not sure if he'd make it the "super 6" tho. its a wait and see deal.

pourcel? i would think a shoe in to turn the fab 5 into the super 6.
Nailed it. No offense to Grant, but he hasn't come close to showing the consistent speed to race with the fab 5, or when CP returns, the super 6-love it. It really is too bad that CP wasn't in the mix this year. We would definitely see a different leader board right now-I don't know in what order, but it would be different.
nc97
4/6/2011 8:44pm
You never know when a rider will have a break out ride. Look at KW, he had that one sx won . I think if he hadn't got hurt ..he would have gotten hurt at some other point.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
4/6/2011 8:55pm
I think he could have won one or two but then he would have also had several DNFs and then some 15-20 place finishes
he is fast but is the new Ezra Lusk.
ecoulter
4/7/2011 12:43pm
Josh Grant definitely has what it takes to win if he were 100%. Obviously outdoors is a different ballgame but he ran down Dungey for the moto 1 win at Lakewood. He was the fastest guy on the track that day but went over the bars in the first turn in the second moto.

Post a reply to: Would Josh Grant have been a SX winner this season if not injured?

The Latest