Would DeCoster manage the USA without a KTM rider?

Frog #1
Edited Date/Time 9/29/2014 4:10pm
Just have a feeling there wont be a KTM rider picked next year!
|
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
9/28/2014 10:24am
I believe the year was 2006 when Stewart, RV and Ferry, all on Kawis were managed by DeCoster, who was the Suzuki boss at the time.
uk125250
9/28/2014 10:51am
He's been the manager for 30 some years, other than a few times. Why would that change? Why should it change?
Berni
9/28/2014 11:00am
2006 it was Stewart, Rv and Tedesco riding with suzuki

The Shop

prozach
9/28/2014 12:17pm
Should he be the manager? For a few years now he isn't getting the most.out of his riders. I don't mind losing. But when pretty much every rider under performs for a few years in a row it might be time for a change.
9/28/2014 12:18pm
The man has done more for USA Motocross thsn almost anyone.
Why would we not want him to manage the team?
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
9/28/2014 12:24pm
I said the same thing last year. He won't pick riders for certain personal reasons, that's a reason to not be picked as the Mgr.
prozach
9/28/2014 12:26pm
Coaches are expected to get the most out of their teams. He has failed to do that for a few years now.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
9/28/2014 12:30pm
GIVE ME MITCH PAYTON!! feel like I'm on repeat..
9/28/2014 12:31pm
prozach wrote:
Coaches are expected to get the most out of their teams. He has failed to do that for a few years now.
He's taken teams not expect to win and won. We have the most wins out of any country I do believe and one of the longest winning streaks of any country.
What more would you like?
prozach
9/28/2014 12:46pm
prozach wrote:
He's taken teams not expect to win and won. We have the most wins out of any country I do believe and one of the longest...
He's taken teams not expect to win and won. We have the most wins out of any country I do believe and one of the longest winning streaks of any country.
Just look at all sports. Sometimes you have to look beyond the past and reevaluate the present and make a change. France rode great. All their riders over performed. Pretty much every usa guy has underperformed for a few years. Maybe we need a new less conservative leadership model. The rest of the world is faster than ever and our tried and true 90% ride safe and for the team model is no longer getting the job done.
9/28/2014 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 12:52pm
prozach wrote:
He's taken teams not expect to win and won. We have the most wins out of any country I do believe and one of the longest...
prozach wrote:
Just look at all sports. Sometimes you have to look beyond the past and reevaluate the present and make a change. France rode great. All their...
Just look at all sports. Sometimes you have to look beyond the past and reevaluate the present and make a change. France rode great. All their riders over performed. Pretty much every usa guy has underperformed for a few years. Maybe we need a new less conservative leadership model. The rest of the world is faster than ever and our tried and true 90% ride safe and for the team model is no longer getting the job done.
Maybe we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.
The past couple of years have seen injuries, and strange things happen. I feel we've made the most out of the situations we've been put in. I doubt it was anyone's plan for a first turn crash and a broken foot this year.
machine
9/28/2014 12:55pm
prozach wrote:
Just look at all sports. Sometimes you have to look beyond the past and reevaluate the present and make a change. France rode great. All their...
Maybe we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. The past couple of years have seen injuries, and strange things happen. I feel we've...
The past couple of years have seen injuries, and strange things happen. I feel we've made the most out of the situations we've been put in. I doubt it was anyone's plan for a first turn crash and a broken foot this year.
your probably one of those "everyone gets a trophy" people aren't you?

I agree with Prozach, something has to change. Obviously DeCoster can't ride the bikes for them, but we have definitely underperformed for 3 years straight.
9/28/2014 1:09pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 1:10pm
prozach wrote:
Maybe we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. The past couple of years have seen injuries, and strange things happen. I feel we've...
machine wrote:
your probably one of those "everyone gets a trophy" people aren't you? I agree with Prozach, something has to change. Obviously DeCoster can't ride the bikes...
your probably one of those "everyone gets a trophy" people aren't you?

I agree with Prozach, something has to change. Obviously DeCoster can't ride the bikes for them, but we have definitely underperformed for 3 years straight.
I'm not an everybody gets a trophy guy.
I'm also not a irrational person who would say, "We didn't win so burn everything to the ground and start over."

What manager wouldn't have picked the 2nd place finishing rider in the US series and the current 250 champion?

What manager would've kept Martin from breaking his foot and made Dungey do better?

What manager would've prevented the first turn crash?

You need to take past experience/results, compare them to the current results, look at the reason for the current results and make a rational decision on if he's the best manager. Who could've prevented the top things from happening Machine and Prozach?

Do you really think DeCoster told them not to do the best they could?
machine
9/28/2014 1:10pm
I'm not an everybody gets a trophy guy. I'm also not a irrational person who would say, "We didn't win so burn everything to the ground...
I'm not an everybody gets a trophy guy.
I'm also not a irrational person who would say, "We didn't win so burn everything to the ground and start over."

What manager wouldn't have picked the 2nd place finishing rider in the US series and the current 250 champion?

What manager would've kept Martin from breaking his foot and made Dungey do better?

What manager would've prevented the first turn crash?

You need to take past experience/results, compare them to the current results, look at the reason for the current results and make a rational decision on if he's the best manager. Who could've prevented the top things from happening Machine and Prozach?

Do you really think DeCoster told them not to do the best they could?
I'm actually not blaming DeCoster, but something has to change.
9/28/2014 1:12pm
machine wrote:
What should've been different this year, and who would've made it different?
machine
9/28/2014 1:13pm
see my other post..Wink
9/28/2014 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 1:19pm
machine wrote:
see my other post..Wink
I don't see you mentioning what exactly needs to change in this thread, just that something needs to change.
What and how would've it changed things?
prozach
9/28/2014 2:24pm
machine wrote:
Tomac should have started inside moto 2. Martin wasn't likely to do any better than moto one. Give tomac the best chance at a win. Moto 3 why the hell does tomac get the inside? Dungey has proven he can't pass well at these events and in racing in general. It's not the team he chooses, it's the way he uses them the strategy he uses.
The Rock
9/28/2014 8:53pm
prozach wrote:
Should he be the manager? For a few years now he isn't getting the most.out of his riders. I don't mind losing. But when pretty much...
Should he be the manager? For a few years now he isn't getting the most.out of his riders. I don't mind losing. But when pretty much every rider under performs for a few years in a row it might be time for a change.
How old are the Vitards who think Team USA needs a new manager? The Man has forgotten more about our sport than these keyboard Warriors will ever know.
41NDT
9/28/2014 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2014 9:10pm
Listen to post race interviews by Pulpmx roger mentions quiet clearly that the Entourages have to stop. There are 2 many people who don't need to be involved giving opinions and just too many people surrounding the team
Hanaa80
9/28/2014 9:23pm
41NDT wrote:
Listen to post race interviews by Pulpmx roger mentions quiet clearly that the Entourages have to stop. There are 2 many people who don't need to...
Listen to post race interviews by Pulpmx roger mentions quiet clearly that the Entourages have to stop. There are 2 many people who don't need to be involved giving opinions and just too many people surrounding the team
9/28/2014 11:24pm
Roger forgot to give his Team the KTM tips for the race : " GET A GOOD START ! "

Post a reply to: Would DeCoster manage the USA without a KTM rider?

The Latest