Worth a look

Crush
Edited Date/Time 10/30/2014 3:59am
I'm outing myself as a closet MXA reader... But they've had some good stuff going up on their website recently..

This one has some stuff from Web in Japan and a tour of the Yamaha museum. Pretty bitching.

Also listening to Matthes and Payton the other day, I'm already excited about Yamaha restoring all of MC's YZ250s. Hopefully they make a big deal out of it and we get to see some trickness!

http://motocrossactionmag.com/more-stuff/mid-week-report/motocross-acti…
|
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
10/29/2014 3:45pm
Don't be ashamed. The absolute only mag to find out the truth about products, and bikes with an occasional good article here and there. The other mags are better at certain things, but no one can touch MXA's reviews. The young and dumb need there Metal Mulisha BS, which isn't going to be covered often in MXA, so they don't get it.
HenryA
10/29/2014 3:51pm
It definitely was!

The frame on the 400 prototype is so strange...
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
10/29/2014 4:00pm
Harking back to my post in the "pet peeves" thread:

"Everyone had to where helmet, including the paramedics."
JW381
10/29/2014 4:58pm
HenryA wrote:
It definitely was! The frame on the 400 prototype is so strange... [IMG]https://motocrossactionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MG_6105.jpg[/IMG]
It definitely was!

That was an interesting read/look, Crush.

And yeah that whole thing just looks so crazy and complicated.

The Shop

Olson
10/29/2014 5:10pm
"Akira Narita had one of the coolest shock bodies we have ever seen. Looks like Showa has some stuff in the works."

Except Nagl and Bobryshev have been using that shock for 2 seasons now.

MJC
10/29/2014 5:12pm
Didn't realise they built trials bikes too! Is it sold anywhere or just a prototype?
Indy mxer
10/29/2014 6:35pm
Madmax31 wrote:
Don't be ashamed. The absolute only mag to find out the truth about products, and bikes with an occasional good article here and there. The other...
Don't be ashamed. The absolute only mag to find out the truth about products, and bikes with an occasional good article here and there. The other mags are better at certain things, but no one can touch MXA's reviews. The young and dumb need there Metal Mulisha BS, which isn't going to be covered often in MXA, so they don't get it.
Agree!
I've been a subscriber for many years. And I think Jody is an arrogant ass. So I really don't read his bullshit.
But I do love the articles, bike tests and product reviews. I also like the bike set up tips.
They are very thorough testing bikes.
moto38
10/29/2014 6:57pm
HenryA wrote:
It definitely was! The frame on the 400 prototype is so strange... [IMG]https://motocrossactionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MG_6105.jpg[/IMG]
It definitely was!

Its like they built the frame around the engine
10/30/2014 3:02am
Thanks for pointing this out, Crush. I'm a subscriber to the print edition, so don't often check their website. I've always been a contrarian and never ran with the cool crowd, so I guess I'll stick with my MXA subscription.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/30/2014 3:17am
Thanks for pointing this out, Crush. I'm a subscriber to the print edition, so don't often check their website. I've always been a contrarian and never...
Thanks for pointing this out, Crush. I'm a subscriber to the print edition, so don't often check their website. I've always been a contrarian and never ran with the cool crowd, so I guess I'll stick with my MXA subscription.
Yeah I'd check a few times a week but stopped for no particular reason. I should give it a visit every now and then.

I've still got the July 2011 issue I was reading on the shitter the morning my dad passed away.
This wasn't in that issue but always thought it was a pretty good read.
http://motocrossactionmag.com/more-stuff/jodys-box/jodys-most-popular-j…

Glad my dad was there with me all the way.

Cheers for the link Crush. Wink
Spydee
10/30/2014 3:30am
Nice find Crush! Some great pics in there. I was intrigued about Henry's thumper and found this little section on Wiki:

"For 1997, Yamaha approached Henry with the idea of riding their prototype YZM400 four-stroke in competition. He accepted the offer. While he raced and led the early part of the 1997 Supercross season on a YZ250, Henry suffered a hand injury that forced him to withdraw during the middle of the series. He came back riding the four-stroke full time, and posted top-5 finishes at the first few Nationals, which was unprecedented for a four-stroke machine. Henry raced the bike at the final Supercross in Las Vegas, Nevada, and won the race in the prototype bike's first and only start. Tragedy would strike Henry yet again that summer, as he suffered two broken wrists at Budds Creek, mere feet away from the jump where he had his earlier injury. But Henry would battle back again.

"Henry would race the production version of the prototype four-stroke, the YZ400F, for 1998. This is the machine that started the four-stroke revolution in motocross. He battled through a strong but unspectacular supercross season where he finished 7th overall. The outdoor season would be Henry's chance to show the bike's true capabilities. After a win at his home track of Southwick, Henry followed up with a triumphant win in Budds Creek, the track that broke his arms and back. He would go on to defeat Jeff Emig, Jeremy McGrath, Ezra Lusk, Kevin Windham, Mickael Pichon, and Greg Albertyn, earning five overall wins in one of the most competitive seasons ever to take the 1998 250cc National Championship at Broome Tioga Sports Center. link Broome-Tiogs Sports Center He accomplished this with one whole round left."
jock
Fantasy
1st
10/30/2014 3:34am
Always been an MXA reader, always will be. Bought my first mag in 78, although it could have been a 77 edition, US to Aus, the snail mail was slow. I check the website every morning Crush.
Also sub to RacerX.
jock
Fantasy
1st
10/30/2014 3:52am
Thanks for pointing this out, Crush. I'm a subscriber to the print edition, so don't often check their website. I've always been a contrarian and never...
EZZA 95B wrote:
Yeah I'd check a few times a week but stopped for no particular reason. I should give it a visit every now and then. I've still...
Yeah I'd check a few times a week but stopped for no particular reason. I should give it a visit every now and then.

I've still got the July 2011 issue I was reading on the shitter the morning my dad passed away.
This wasn't in that issue but always thought it was a pretty good read.
http://motocrossactionmag.com/more-stuff/jodys-box/jodys-most-popular-j…

Glad my dad was there with me all the way.

Cheers for the link Crush. Wink
My dad took me to all my races when I was younger too Ezza. Wouldn't swap it for the world mate. Smile
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/30/2014 3:59am
jock wrote:
My dad took me to all my races when I was younger too Ezza. Wouldn't swap it for the world mate. Smile
Yep, the best memories.Wink

Post a reply to: Worth a look

The Latest