Winter X Games Snocross

TeamPumpin
Not much info circulating on this. Anyone know when it starts, what channel, etc?
Apparently Renner, Hodges, Haaker and some other guys ate gonna rip around on dirt bikes with snow kits.
|
DA498
1/27/2017 12:40pm
I hope they made a special track for the snobikes, because they look horrible on a real snocross track. Saw them in winter park at the national and was not good.

The Shop

burba437
1/27/2017 12:50pm
snocross was yesterday snowbike is in a bit hope they dont give them the same track they gave the snocrossers since it was an oval with three jumps
motox331
1/27/2017 12:51pm
As a former snocross racer that track really made the sport look like crap. I miss the days of huge jumps and 1 minute lap times.
Motofinne
1/27/2017 12:56pm
Wow, that has to be the worst snocross track that i have ever seen?

But it will be interesting to see the snowbikes. I would love to try a bike with Timbersled in the future, it's just a bit unfortunate that it's way too expensive for the average dude.
Stuntman949
1/27/2017 1:00pm
motox331 wrote:
As a former snocross racer that track really made the sport look like crap. I miss the days of huge jumps and 1 minute lap times.
I hope everyone practiced their lefts lol
Skidaddle
1/27/2017 1:00pm
burba437 wrote:
snocross was yesterday snowbike is in a bit hope they dont give them the same track they gave the snocrossers since it was an oval with...
snocross was yesterday snowbike is in a bit hope they dont give them the same track they gave the snocrossers since it was an oval with three jumps
It used to be gnarly like this with a minimum 120 footer and one year they were going 150 feet.
Its a shame. Ever since Tucker and Blair Morgan were going at it, its just a pussy track now.
Trophys for all.

https://youtu.be/E_09VHot3EQ
Skidaddle
1/27/2017 1:09pm
motox331 wrote:
Yep. Our local series used to be freaking gnarly tracks. Huge ass doubles.

Guys bending slide rails, tunnels, etc. Now they are very tame. Must be an insurance issue.
Last snocross we had it was basically a whooped out rough hardly any jumps pile of shit.

Although our snow is so deep the whoops get 4 feet deep so they start turning into rythm sections but still.

It all started when they went from crazy HP 800 mod sleds to almost stock 600s. Lame.

motox331
1/27/2017 1:22pm
Yeah there is virtually no money in that sport anymore. It went from a 14 round national series to 8 rounds I think. 6 of the rounds are ovals with some rolling bumps you just case through. These motorsports are dying and it's making me sad
1/27/2017 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2017 1:33pm
Bring on the snowbikes! What better way to end the work week than watching timbersleds from my desk. I wonder if the technical riding style of Haaker and Hodges helps them any with this..
burba437
1/27/2017 1:30pm
motox331 wrote:
Yeah there is virtually no money in that sport anymore. It went from a 14 round national series to 8 rounds I think. 6 of the...
Yeah there is virtually no money in that sport anymore. It went from a 14 round national series to 8 rounds I think. 6 of the rounds are ovals with some rolling bumps you just case through. These motorsports are dying and it's making me sad
its 8 weeks with 17 rounds 2 separate race days a weekend and the last on has three most of the tracks this year havent been to terrible but it all depends on weather and snow even the smallest track of the year in deadwood had 25 second laps
dean122
1/27/2017 1:31pm
Snocross on live now, tune in folks!
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
1/27/2017 1:38pm
Snocross has been near death since 05. I raced from Duluth 97 till Brainerd 09. Look at payout for pro open. If you win you get $ 1500 10th gets $150. In 04 Minnesota regional in semi pro (pro lite now) you could make $1000 on most weekends.
rhargrave431
1/27/2017 1:38pm
The X-games are dying fast bros. Seems like ESPN is using a last ditch effort with moving it out of Austin and to Minneapolis for the summer games. The events anymore are pathetic, Snocross tracks are lame, and no live television coverage. I remember in the heyday, it was all day long broadcast on ABC and ESPN.
Motofinne
1/27/2017 1:43pm
The lappers are brutal. The top 2 guys are soooooo much faster than the rest.
Motofinne
1/27/2017 1:45pm
The X-games are dying fast bros. Seems like ESPN is using a last ditch effort with moving it out of Austin and to Minneapolis for the...
The X-games are dying fast bros. Seems like ESPN is using a last ditch effort with moving it out of Austin and to Minneapolis for the summer games. The events anymore are pathetic, Snocross tracks are lame, and no live television coverage. I remember in the heyday, it was all day long broadcast on ABC and ESPN.
Yeah well that is no secret. The winter X games will live on, i think. But the summer x games is dead.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
1/27/2017 1:48pm
I may actually go to watch the summer events in Minneapolis , but the x games have lost my interest lately .
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/27/2017 1:50pm
motox331 wrote:
I totally agree with you on that. Narsa got the holeshot and the race was over. X Games is suppose to be the biggest event on the snocross calendar and is suppose to be the most challenging track of the season. The track was far from challenging and very boring. Hope they bring back a more challenging track with big air next year. Not sure who made the executive decision on this years track but they need a serious talking.
rhargrave431
1/27/2017 1:56pm
The X-games are dying fast bros. Seems like ESPN is using a last ditch effort with moving it out of Austin and to Minneapolis for the...
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah well that is no secret. The winter X games will live on, i think. But the summer x games is dead.
The reason winter x does decent imo is because the general public looks at winter x games sports (skiing snowboarding etc) as real legitimate sports unlike summer games. It's unfortunate for sure
mwssquad827
1/27/2017 1:59pm
Kinda lame!! Could have been cooler I was hoping it was going to be! And fiasst was one of the worst lappers he almost took out the lead man! The only thing left to watch is snowmobile best trick!! Go Elam
1/27/2017 1:59pm
Wow that was a super lame course. I remember watching the snowmobiles race a couple years ago and thinking wow thats crazy, I wouldn't want to ride that course the jumps are huge. I feel pretty confident that I could race that course and not even be a snowmobiler.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/27/2017 2:00pm
motox331 wrote:
Yeah there is virtually no money in that sport anymore. It went from a 14 round national series to 8 rounds I think. 6 of the...
burba437 wrote:
its 8 weeks with 17 rounds 2 separate race days a weekend and the last on has three most of the tracks this year havent been...
its 8 weeks with 17 rounds 2 separate race days a weekend and the last on has three most of the tracks this year havent been to terrible but it all depends on weather and snow even the smallest track of the year in deadwood had 25 second laps
Snocross might not be perfect but they implemented new rules this year which I think has made the racing better. I like the fact that they are now awarding points in the heat races and the fastest qualifier gets last gate pick. It has made things interesting. Supercross should implement those ideas to the series. Might force people to race harder instead of settling in after a few laps and just clicking the rest of them in like follow the leader.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/27/2017 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2017 2:04pm
Is old Duncan still behind Snocross?
Yes Joe Duncan is still involved. I believe he's the talent coordinator for the motorized sports and in charge of snocross. I believe he's a;so involved with the Terracross Racing Series http://terracrossracing.com/
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
1/27/2017 2:05pm
motox331 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I totally agree with you on that. Narsa got the holeshot and the race was over. X Games is suppose to be the biggest event on...
I totally agree with you on that. Narsa got the holeshot and the race was over. X Games is suppose to be the biggest event on the snocross calendar and is suppose to be the most challenging track of the season. The track was far from challenging and very boring. Hope they bring back a more challenging track with big air next year. Not sure who made the executive decision on this years track but they need a serious talking.
The x games tracks where always much different than the normal national track in the old days. I did not watch this year but it sounds like it was a normal national style track that turns to big holes. Just like bikes it requires a different skill to go fast on that style track. Most Isoc tracks are like that except very cold dry days.

Post a reply to: Winter X Games Snocross

The Latest