Wind tunnel last night - James

MxNate701
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 10:06pm
Just curious to get your thoughts, Dave Despain brought up the arrest and subsequent shitstorm that followed and in true Despain fashion he gave his honest opinion, he was very disappointed in James. He even hinted that as the first African American SX Champ he should have realized his actions would have deep consequences. I was most interested when he made a direct comparison to how the AMA came down hard on Jason Lawrence when he had his trouble but as of now hasnt penalized or sanctioned Stewart in anyway. Dave is a rider first and foremost and Im always interested to see his reaction to the latest news in SX and MX.
|
peelout
4/4/2011 8:55am
dammit i missed it and meant to set it to record... thanks for the breakdown.

i'm sure it'll be on youtube later for those of us that missed it
TerryK
4/4/2011 8:58am
Dave hit the nail on the head...as usual.
Racer92
4/4/2011 9:03am
Dave brought up the arrest? I thought journalists couldnt ask questions about that and it was understood you cant bring those things up?

Hmmmmmm
4/4/2011 9:06am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2011 9:15am
TerryK wrote:
Really? So stabbing someone and biting a piece of their ear off is equal to someone goofing around with a blue and red flashing light pretending to be a cop?

Ya think intent might have something to do with it? Don't get me wrong, Despain is a legend in my eyes, but comparing what J-Law did to what Bubba did and and then posing the question as to why the AMA hasn't done anything to Bubba is flat out ignorant. Not to mention the progressive history J-law had and multiple warnings for doing stupid sh!t before he got the axe...

Both of them did a stupid act for sure, but that is where the similarities end...

The Shop

ocscottie
4/4/2011 9:07am
peelout wrote:
dammit i missed it and meant to set it to record... thanks for the breakdown. i'm sure it'll be on youtube later for those of us...
dammit i missed it and meant to set it to record... thanks for the breakdown.

i'm sure it'll be on youtube later for those of us that missed it
Also forgot to record it, the replay is on some ungodly early hour like 6am, and i saw the first few min and fell right back to sleep, forgot to hit record. Pretty sure they have it up on speeds site, ill chek later and post back if i find it.
TerryK
4/4/2011 9:20am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2011 9:21am
TerryK wrote:
Really? So stabbing someone and biting a piece of their ear off is equal to someone goofing around with a blue and red flashing light pretending...
Really? So stabbing someone and biting a piece of their ear off is equal to someone goofing around with a blue and red flashing light pretending to be a cop?

Ya think intent might have something to do with it? Don't get me wrong, Despain is a legend in my eyes, but comparing what J-Law did to what Bubba did and and then posing the question as to why the AMA hasn't done anything to Bubba is flat out ignorant. Not to mention the progressive history J-law had and multiple warnings for doing stupid sh!t before he got the axe...

Both of them did a stupid act for sure, but that is where the similarities end...
Don't get yer' panties in a bunch. Despain said it, I just happen to agree as is my right.

My feelings are, just because you are the sports so called biggest star at the moment, dosen't mean you can do stupid shit and have the sports organizers and most of it's media sweep it under the rug.

Now you know my opinion, and I know your's. Ain't democracy great?
jeffro503
4/4/2011 9:22am
Wonder if we can some how find a recorded version of the show last night? I'd be interested in watching it.
4/4/2011 9:26am
TerryK wrote:
Really? So stabbing someone and biting a piece of their ear off is equal to someone goofing around with a blue and red flashing light pretending...

TerryK wrote:
Don't get yer' panties in a bunch. Despain said it, I just happen to agree as is my right. My feelings are, just because you are...
Don't get yer' panties in a bunch. Despain said it, I just happen to agree as is my right.

My feelings are, just because you are the sports so called biggest star at the moment, dosen't mean you can do stupid shit and have the sports organizers and most of it's media sweep it under the rug.

Now you know my opinion, and I know your's. Ain't democracy great?
Why is it that just because we disagree I have my "Panties in a bunch" - Yeah Democracy is great - especially when two adults can exchange ideas without resorting to second grade name calling...

Besides, I don;t wear "Panties" (Something you want to tell us?) - I am a staunch supporter of "Freeballing"
TerryK
4/4/2011 9:28am
Why is it that just because we disagree I have my "Panties in a bunch" - Yeah Democracy is great - especially when two adults can...
Why is it that just because we disagree I have my "Panties in a bunch" - Yeah Democracy is great - especially when two adults can exchange ideas without resorting to second grade name calling...

Besides, I don;t wear "Panties" (Something you want to tell us?) - I am a staunch supporter of "Freeballing"
Where did I call you a name?
4/4/2011 9:36am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2011 9:41am
Why is it that just because we disagree I have my "Panties in a bunch" - Yeah Democracy is great - especially when two adults can...

TerryK wrote:
Where did I call you a name?
Oh please... You really need me to explain it too you...

Let me try...

Anyone who thinks Despain "Nailed it" is must wear women's clothing and could not possibly be educated past the second grade...

It's called inference TK - Look it up...

What I have noticed around here is that when anyone is devoid of making their point with ideas they seem to pull the insult card out pretty quick and avoid the topic all together..
spd721
4/4/2011 9:36am
Is there a link to the video?
PD441
4/4/2011 9:57am
I found it interesting that after the subject was totally avoided in the SX broadcast, Ralph Shaheen was on Speed's SpeedCenter talking about it with the host.

And yes, Despain calls 'em like he sees 'em.
DC
4/4/2011 10:19am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2011 10:20am
I think you should include Racer X on your list of "ones in the media to have spoken their mind..."

Between Ping, Matthes, Weege and myself, I think we all discussed it online, in various columns and features. And wasn't it on Matthes' show that the whole story broke through Matt Boni and Eric Sorby?

And Howard Stern barely mentioned it -- thought he was a race car driver at first -- and then called riders in general "@#$!-ing maniacs" and that was about it. Robin did most of the talking.

DC
MX Sports
4/4/2011 10:24am
We dedicated our show yesterday to Reed. Poor Chad.....

Factory Riding for Dummies

Note to riders:

Next time James is near you make sure he is in front of you. Then you can avoid becoming a backstop. Plus on the show we cry about what Matthes and a few already commented on. The pathetic avoidance of the topic and mainstream media.
munsch121
4/4/2011 10:35am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2011 10:37am
Here is the page from wind tunnel, he touches on the Stewie situation and even makes reference to Emig being suspended after his arrest around 3-4 minutes into part 1 from April 4th, he makes some good points, but I do not there there is anything Stew could do to get suspended

http://www.speedtv.com/video/popup/885258088001/595125382
ecoulter
4/4/2011 10:35am
Ralph was on Speed Center last night and discussed it as well.
MxNate701
4/4/2011 11:58am
Ralph looked Very uncomfortable talking about the arrest on the Speed Report, kinda like a kid dragged to the front of the classroom to Rat out his buddies, he's gonna owe James Big when this is over. haha
WFO
4/4/2011 12:27pm
if that's the worst thing that happened to me in my life I would have jumped for joy. (flashing lights at someone)
It's what most people Don't know about many of these riders that would make them shit. And I'm talking past Champions as well.
Hollywood/Rockstar lifestyle is what ruins too many in this sport........and YES I think JBS is just One of them!

Post a reply to: Wind tunnel last night - James

The Latest