Will weimer have better results on a new team?

djc
Edited Date/Time 6/16/2014 11:34am
I feel like he knows he is getting clipped all year or since he signed his new contract if he does not do well. I know he has a lot of bad luck which I feel adds to the pressure for him to have to do well and then every time something else happens it just piles on to that. So since it's safe to say he is gone from kawi will he get back to form on another team with less pressure maybe?
|
oshow
6/15/2014 6:40pm
Honest answer is nope.
Brent
6/15/2014 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2014 6:56pm
Being on a team with Villopoto would kill anyone's confidence.

Imagine riding the same track every with RV- you're riding faster than you ever have, out of your comfort zone, and then the 2 bike just blows by you like you are an amatuer.

I talked to Jake a couple times at the track, and it seems he is almost too nice to be a pro in this sport. Really great kid.

I really hope a bike and team change will do him some good.
davistld01
6/15/2014 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2014 7:34pm
oshow wrote:
Honest answer is nope.
I'd hate to say you're right, but...

Weimer is fast, but I never could understand what team Kawi saw in him to sign him multi-year. It's easy to see the kid is under a gigantic load of pressure, has always been...and doesn't perform well under it. He does, however do a good job of crashing under it. Sad deal, really. I hope he's inked a deal with somebody with a good bike and a team personality that won't put unrealistic pressure on him. If he got out from under RV's shadow, and got his confidence back, he could do top five. If he gets on a team where he's second banana to a top rider again...he might be a has been after the 2015 season ends.
Moto75
6/15/2014 7:35pm
Often change is good.

I think he's one of those kids that's really hard on himself, has a hard time forgetting the past & just moving foward. A team switch may get him re-focused to just look ahead. Hopefully he chooses the best possible equipment & support structure, over the best paycheck, but really hope they are one in the same.

The Shop

davistld01
6/15/2014 7:36pm
Moto75 wrote:
Often change is good. I think he's one of those kids that's really hard on himself, has a hard time forgetting the past & just moving...
Often change is good.

I think he's one of those kids that's really hard on himself, has a hard time forgetting the past & just moving foward. A team switch may get him re-focused to just look ahead. Hopefully he chooses the best possible equipment & support structure, over the best paycheck, but really hope they are one in the same.
Hope he has a good agent.
Crush
6/15/2014 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2014 7:49pm
oshow wrote:
Honest answer is nope.
davistld01 wrote:
I'd hate to say you're right, but... Weimer is fast, but I never could understand what team Kawi saw in him to sign him multi-year. It's...
I'd hate to say you're right, but...

Weimer is fast, but I never could understand what team Kawi saw in him to sign him multi-year. It's easy to see the kid is under a gigantic load of pressure, has always been...and doesn't perform well under it. He does, however do a good job of crashing under it. Sad deal, really. I hope he's inked a deal with somebody with a good bike and a team personality that won't put unrealistic pressure on him. If he got out from under RV's shadow, and got his confidence back, he could do top five. If he gets on a team where he's second banana to a top rider again...he might be a has been after the 2015 season ends.
The year before he won a regional SX title and 3 nationals!!! And the year before that he took Dungey to the brink in SX.

Weimer is a great rider, but he's had a shit ton of injuries since getting to the 450s.
peelout
6/15/2014 7:51pm
Sorry if I missed it, but whatever happened to Weimer? Did Stewart run into him while he was down? Land on him? Saw some gnarly pics of his back, can almost count the Dunlop thread pattern
6/15/2014 7:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2014 7:55pm
Seems like a good kid and all that but I don't see him improving much by jumping to a new team. It would be nice as I do view him as a seemingly good person but this is pro motocross. If he was on a shitty bike then maybe jumping would help but he's not, so I just don't see it happening. I don't buy into all this bad luck either...a few times yeah, but as much as with him then no. He's a good second tier rider for a GOOD team and that's really about it. Could he do better? I want to think so but I just don't see it happening with him as there seems to be something as in training or capability at this level of speed that will stop him from being a top 5 guy in the 450's. Once Tomac and Brayton get back out there he's a maybe 8-11 spot week in and week out.
HuskyEd
6/15/2014 7:57pm
peelout wrote:
Sorry if I missed it, but whatever happened to Weimer? Did Stewart run into him while he was down? Land on him? Saw some gnarly pics...
Sorry if I missed it, but whatever happened to Weimer? Did Stewart run into him while he was down? Land on him? Saw some gnarly pics of his back, can almost count the Dunlop thread pattern
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
6/15/2014 7:58pm
Any word on where he might land? Honestly I see him on a Cycle Trader type ride. Maybe a second MotoConcepts bike?
Cygnus
6/15/2014 8:01pm
He needs to bulk up a little. After seeing the pic of his injuries this weekend he's to small to ride a 450 as fast as guys who are bigger.
Sandberm
6/15/2014 8:06pm
There isnt a rider more effected by his mood then Jake.

He was down in the dumps working with Aldon at the RV ranch so he went back to Randy Lawrence to try and get him back in his happy place. Unfortunatly he came together at the first sx with Tomac and has been behind the eightball since so we never got to see whether the Randy Lawrnce switch did any good.

Can a bike change make him better? Yes, but probably only to glimpses of the guy who got 3rd places occasionally with a depleted field.

djc
6/15/2014 8:21pm
All I can think about weimer is a year or two ago in supercross he started doing great. He got a few podiums then he got taken out by the entire field . Since then I have not seen the same rider.

I could see him more on bto ktm then cycle trader. Who knows. Maybe he will be the next rider to head to canada which to be honest. I would not be suprised if this happened
Crush
6/15/2014 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2014 8:22pm
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
6/15/2014 8:41pm
While he isn't a "top guy" I still think he is a factory level rider. I could see him on a JGR, BTO type of ride. No disrespect to Rock River but I think Jake is a little better than that ride.
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
6/15/2014 8:46pm
Crush wrote:
Ouch!!!! Man that has got to be painful. Heal up soon Weimer.
Cygnus
6/15/2014 8:47pm
He's definitely tough. Just looks about 135lbs.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/15/2014 9:18pm
Brent wrote:
Being on a team with Villopoto would kill anyone's confidence. Imagine riding the same track every with RV- you're riding faster than you ever have, out...
Being on a team with Villopoto would kill anyone's confidence.

Imagine riding the same track every with RV- you're riding faster than you ever have, out of your comfort zone, and then the 2 bike just blows by you like you are an amatuer.

I talked to Jake a couple times at the track, and it seems he is almost too nice to be a pro in this sport. Really great kid.

I really hope a bike and team change will do him some good.
He was never expected to beat RV or even run with him.
6/15/2014 9:30pm
Sandberm wrote:
There isnt a rider more effected by his mood then Jake. He was down in the dumps working with Aldon at the RV ranch so he...
There isnt a rider more effected by his mood then Jake.

He was down in the dumps working with Aldon at the RV ranch so he went back to Randy Lawrence to try and get him back in his happy place. Unfortunatly he came together at the first sx with Tomac and has been behind the eightball since so we never got to see whether the Randy Lawrnce switch did any good.

Can a bike change make him better? Yes, but probably only to glimpses of the guy who got 3rd places occasionally with a depleted field.

There's another one that has mood swings with the best of them. Whistling
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
6/15/2014 9:47pm
Ok, let's work this though..... 450 rides next season:

JGR - Barcia + Brayton
Two Two - CR22/Grant? don't see Weimer here
RCH - Roczen + Tickle/Peick
Factory KTM - Dungey + Wilson
Factory Husky - Anderson + Bagget
BTO - Short + Goerke/Weimer/Grant?

So like you said, BTO could fit. I also get the feeling that Yamaha may field a 450 out of the Yama-Lube tent with Webb/Martin. If those two split coast again the truck will be at every SX round to accommodate a 450 rider, maybe they would set that up for a guy like Weimer?
shredder22
6/15/2014 9:52pm
hartebreak wrote:
While he isn't a "top guy" I still think he is a factory level rider. I could see him on a JGR, BTO type of ride...
While he isn't a "top guy" I still think he is a factory level rider. I could see him on a JGR, BTO type of ride. No disrespect to Rock River but I think Jake is a little better than that ride.
JGR is a top team. I'd consider them closer to RCH, Monster Kawi, Red Bull KTM, etc rather than BTO. JGR supposedly signed Barcia who is a lot better than Weimer. I think Weimer is a nice guy and all, and I wish him well but the dude doesn't have any killer instinct and lets his mood affect him way too much. I don't see him getting him signed by any top team next year.
6/15/2014 10:03pm
Cygnus wrote:
Jake is listed at 5'7", 145#. About the same at James and RV when they are in shape.
bd
6/16/2014 12:26am
Cygnus wrote:
Jake is listed at 5'7", 145#. About the same at James and RV when they are in shape.
RV is listed as 5ft 8in - 153 lbs. An 8lb difference when you weigh near 150lbs with little body fat is a significant difference.
bd
6/16/2014 12:27am
djc wrote:
I feel like he knows he is getting clipped all year or since he signed his new contract if he does not do well. I know...
I feel like he knows he is getting clipped all year or since he signed his new contract if he does not do well. I know he has a lot of bad luck which I feel adds to the pressure for him to have to do well and then every time something else happens it just piles on to that. So since it's safe to say he is gone from kawi will he get back to form on another team with less pressure maybe?
Its completely up to JW12. He is his biggest hurdle - he has talent and Moto IQ.
jamma10
6/16/2014 1:07am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2014 1:09am
Cygnus wrote:
I find it very hard to believe Weimer is only 5'7" to be honest.

I looked it up and you're correct that he is listed as only being 5'7" on both the Kawi website and the Supercross.com web site, but I still don't think it's accurate. He's taller than RV for a start and RV is supposedly 5'8" so Weimers got to be 5'9" or 5'10" at the least. Otherwise he must be deceptively tall.

Trauma
6/16/2014 1:28am
I think he will do better on another team, so long as it's got competitive equipment and he is healthy through the off season.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
6/16/2014 3:19am
Could Weimer be a good fit as the number 2 rider over at RCH?
6/16/2014 3:57am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Could Weimer be a good fit as the number 2 rider over at RCH?
no, tickle or peick smokes him

Post a reply to: Will weimer have better results on a new team?

The Latest