Will we see Dungey on a 2 stroke?

burnside
8/26/2012 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2012 4:51pm
Rogers not about being "fun" or "interesting"
With the job done and title in the bag - maybe his bosses aren't scared to let off some steam?

mxb2
8/26/2012 4:53pm
LOL, true, its about winning and getting more ktm purse money. Whats a 1-1 worth at a national ridin a ktm. I bet rd would not go 1-1on a 250sx smoker.
burnside
8/26/2012 4:53pm
Bigoldbeef wrote:
Curious to see if anyone thinks that Decoster will put Dungey on a 250sx for either the last two rounds or just the last round since...
Curious to see if anyone thinks that Decoster will put Dungey on a 250sx for either the last two rounds or just the last round since he already has the title wrapped up.

I think it would be very interesting to see how he would do compared to his usual domination on the 450.

What do you guys think?
BobbyM wrote:
Why? What purpose would it serve....I mean other than to please the vitards.
Even if he came 5th, if he made a good time out of it would be a big PR exercise.... the media would lap it up. Plus this is product KTM is developing and selling. Not like its a 6 year old bike... It will never happen, because its America. But it would be fun if it did.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
8/26/2012 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2012 4:59pm
reason #47b, section 5, volume 17 why people think vital is full of idiots

The Shop

Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
8/26/2012 5:03pm
Exactly! Rogers is all about business. Why would Dungey risk the money? Not worth it.
crusher773
8/26/2012 5:08pm
Why would you want him to put him on a different bike and throw off his rhythm before MXDN.
mx5471
You nuts for thinking it, and even more nuts to ask it.
TeamGreen
Ewan wrote:
Team Green - you've just posted the best reply in this thread.

You fucking get it my friend!!!
Thank you, good sir.

A question...

If an American came over to ride a Scot-Club-Race...what would he need to do in advnace to have the necessary "approvals"?
TerryB
Team Green for the win!

Yep, unfortunately, in the US, the business model clearly states that nobody does anything "for fun" anymore.
OldYZRider1
8/26/2012 5:26pm
Dungey would have to run a homolagated model, so it'd have to start out as a 2011 model. Of course it'll likely need a warmed over motor with good fuel to compete "fairly" with the rest of the class its forced to race in. Decoster seems to have expressed the opinion that he's not opposed to two strokes running equal displacement in the 250 class so I'd hope he'd be on board with it. KTM would be the only team to even attempt it as a factory effort but they'd surely reap some positive marketing exposure from it.

Timing for it seems right; Dungeys wrapped up the title, they can run the number one plate on it, do a one-off for Steel City so he'll be back on the 450 for the final round at Lake Elsinore before the MXdN. Might as well help send the orange wave crashing to the US motocross shores in my book!

I'm gonna need to know soon though so I can book my flight to PASmile
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/26/2012 6:40pm
Most americans don't really consider having fun anymore once they turn pro. Luckily, Roczen and other euros do Smile
newmann
8/26/2012 6:44pm
First off, they would have to pay the extortion fee, uh I mean the homologation fee to the AMA who has nothing to do with professional racing. What did I just say?Huh

Secondly, for those who say there is no benefit to them breaking out some 2 strokes and doing it for the fans, where exactly is the benefit in him getting out there and risking injury on the 450? He won the damn championship already! He should just pack the shit in, take a week off and hit the test track dialing in his MX "D" N bike and his MEC bike. Just look at what happened to RV2 after he won the SX Championship. Why risk it? Duuuhhh....Kissing
mxb2
8/26/2012 6:51pm
newmann wrote:
First off, they would have to pay the extortion fee, uh I mean the homologation fee to the AMA who has nothing to do with professional...
First off, they would have to pay the extortion fee, uh I mean the homologation fee to the AMA who has nothing to do with professional racing. What did I just say?Huh

Secondly, for those who say there is no benefit to them breaking out some 2 strokes and doing it for the fans, where exactly is the benefit in him getting out there and risking injury on the 450? He won the damn championship already! He should just pack the shit in, take a week off and hit the test track dialing in his MX "D" N bike and his MEC bike. Just look at what happened to RV2 after he won the SX Championship. Why risk it? Duuuhhh....Kissing
UnsureUnsureUnsure
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/26/2012 8:24pm
newmann wrote:
First off, they would have to pay the extortion fee, uh I mean the homologation fee to the AMA who has nothing to do with professional...

Im sure your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek when you said this but i'll bite anyways Cool

The difference is the bike he's riding now is a brand new model he's been developing each week with his team. Every race mile he gets on it now can only help gain a better understanding for next years race bike aswell as the production model.

The 250 2 stroke is not being developed in any way by Dungey and RD, there is no direct beneift to Dungey or RD either now or in the future other than putting smiles on a few peoples faces. In a world where there is milliseconds separating the top 4 or 5 guys when they're all healthy, i know i wouldnt be wasting anytime on anything thats not gonna help me come A1 or hangtown next year.

If KTM want to showcase that bike at the pro level then they need to pony up the cash and hire someone to ride it fulltime, not ask a current champ to throw a win away by riding it once off at the end of the year. You wanna talk about good PR for a brand, imagine if that actually happened.
PTECH
8/26/2012 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2012 8:56pm
"Will we see Dungey on a 2 stroke?

I had this same dumbass question pop up into my mind earlier today as well as well. Would be sweet but its never gonna happen. EVER. With any top guy in US sx/mx. I'm not saying Dungey couldn't just hop on a 250sx and probably even win but at these guys level there's no way.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
8/26/2012 9:43pm
Maybe he should ride the 350. That could do more harm than good though
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/26/2012 9:52pm
Bigoldbeef wrote:
Curious to see if anyone thinks that Decoster will put Dungey on a 250sx for either the last two rounds or just the last round since...
Curious to see if anyone thinks that Decoster will put Dungey on a 250sx for either the last two rounds or just the last round since he already has the title wrapped up.

I think it would be very interesting to see how he would do compared to his usual domination on the 450.

What do you guys think?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/26/2012 9:55pm
No.
VET176
8/26/2012 10:24pm
I think this question gets asked, to indirectly highlight the bullshit rules that handicap 2 strokes.

You guys are saying that Dungey wouldn't be competitive on the 250? Well if he cant then nobody can.

Then why the fuck are these rules in place then?
toroP
8/26/2012 10:41pm
Yes! Absolutely. Dungey will ride a 2 stroke. And when my elderly mom gets out of the hospital next week, she's going to ride one. Because all anyone thinks or cares about are 2 strokes.

In fact, Mitt and Barak are taking a couple of days off to go ride 2 strokes together. They love 'em!

Me too! I'm on one now as I type!
lilbulld
8/26/2012 10:50pm
burnside wrote:
Legend!

Get some... this vid and the celebration vid are why KRoc is KRoc and why everyone loves and is going to love the guy... True passion, true personality, love of life, kid is pure awesome and exactly what the sport needs
burnside
8/27/2012 2:00am
lilbulld wrote:
Get some... this vid and the celebration vid are why KRoc is KRoc and why everyone loves and is going to love the guy... True passion...
Get some... this vid and the celebration vid are why KRoc is KRoc and why everyone loves and is going to love the guy... True passion, true personality, love of life, kid is pure awesome and exactly what the sport needs
I agree. Let's hope its not beaten out of him by corporate America eh?
Ewan
8/27/2012 2:20am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2012 2:45am
Ewan wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Thank you, good sir. A question... If an American came over to ride a Scot-Club-Race...what would he need to do in advnace to have the necessary...
Thank you, good sir.

A question...

If an American came over to ride a Scot-Club-Race...what would he need to do in advnace to have the necessary "approvals"?
You could get a one event license from our governing body, the S.A.C.U. www.sacu.co.uk/

In order to be obtain the one event license, you'd have to become a member of an S.A.C.U affiliated club beforehand. Other than that it's fairly painless.

The S.A.C.U governs our Scottish Motocross Championship, Hare and Hound Racing, Enduro and Trials.

There was a breakaway mx series this year, backed by MCF and clubs disgruntled with the S.A.C.U. i haven't haven't ridden in any of their events so can't really advise. www.scottishmotocrossfederation.co.uk/

We've also got a fantastic twinshock club, www.scottishtwinshock.com, they have modern classes as well as the usual pre-74, pre-77 and you could enter one of their events without an SACU license. Just turn up with a bike, pay for a one day club license and your good to go.

Drop me a mail when you're coming over and i'll try and assist in any way i can.
sitnlow4life
9/3/2012 11:15pm
To be holomogated an application for holomogation has to be filed along with the application fee, not just sell 400 bikes. KTM could sell 10,000 250SXs...
To be holomogated an application for holomogation has to be filed along with the application fee, not just sell 400 bikes. KTM could sell 10,000 250SXs but if they dont submit the application it doesnt get homologated. If Willard rode one it was holologated, you dont get an AMA tech sticker for a non-homologated bike.

I'd like to see Dungey ride one, but it will never happen.
Lowlander
9/4/2012 12:21am
Ewan wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Thank you, good sir. A question... If an American came over to ride a Scot-Club-Race...what would he need to do in advnace to have the necessary...
Thank you, good sir.

A question...

Ewan wrote:
You could get a one event license from our governing body, the S.A.C.U. www.sacu.co.uk/ In order to be obtain the one event license, you'd have to...
You could get a one event license from our governing body, the S.A.C.U. www.sacu.co.uk/

In order to be obtain the one event license, you'd have to become a member of an S.A.C.U affiliated club beforehand. Other than that it's fairly painless.

The S.A.C.U governs our Scottish Motocross Championship, Hare and Hound Racing, Enduro and Trials.

There was a breakaway mx series this year, backed by MCF and clubs disgruntled with the S.A.C.U. i haven't haven't ridden in any of their events so can't really advise. www.scottishmotocrossfederation.co.uk/

We've also got a fantastic twinshock club, www.scottishtwinshock.com, they have modern classes as well as the usual pre-74, pre-77 and you could enter one of their events without an SACU license. Just turn up with a bike, pay for a one day club license and your good to go.

Drop me a mail when you're coming over and i'll try and assist in any way i can.
With the SACU, MCF and Twinshock series you can pay for a day license. So no need to send all the paperwork away. As long as there is less than 40 riders per class you can turn up on the day and race.

For example you could race both 2 stroke and monoshock classes at a twinshock meeting. That would be 6 x 15mins +2 laps of hard riding on very natural and rough terrain.

The SACU and MCF do the same. If you were quick enough you could enter the 3 x 20 + 2 lap races in 2 classes if you had a lites bike and the stamina. Or even better turn up on an old school 500 and race in the open class.

Post a reply to: Will we see Dungey on a 2 stroke?

The Latest