Will we ever see parity in the 450 class again?

rcm406
1/16/2014 6:45am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2014 4:16pm
Lets see, first it was McGrath dominating, then RC, then a couple years with James when he was healthy, and now RV! Do you think we will ever see a season with 7-8 different winners in SX or MX.
|
newmann
1/16/2014 7:16am
Supposed to be happening right now. Every one raves about how stacked the field is.Whistling

RC in his mad little leprechaun mode would still kick all their asses.
ATKpilot99
1/16/2014 7:25am
Well we are 2 races in and have 2 winners ... Lets see what happens.
Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
1/16/2014 7:25am
If everyone was on 2 strokes it would be closer racing.......
IWreckALot
1/16/2014 7:28am
newmann wrote:
Supposed to be happening right now. Every one raves about how stacked the field is.:whistle: RC in his mad little leprechaun mode would still kick all...
Supposed to be happening right now. Every one raves about how stacked the field is.Whistling

Don't be a Debbie Downer man.

It's still a little early to say it's going to be more of the same. 2 races in and 2 different winners. Hell the podium has been very different both rounds with only Dungey making the podium in both.

I know where you're coming from though. RV looks like he's going to repeat 2013. He had a rough A1, then he came back and dominated the rest of the season. I'm just staying hopeful at this point. I still think Dungey, Barcia, Milsaps and Canard (when they get back) and hopefully Brayton can steal a win. Roczen should get another one and hopefully Stewart and Reed can get up there. Also Tomac should be back. He actually got a good start at A1. Maybe he got those figured out.

It's tough to bet against RV in any given race though. I think we have a better chance this season than in past seasons.

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2014 7:30am
Id guess
Js7
Rd5
And JB51 will all three win 1
So IMO this is as close as we have seen in
a while to a more competitive series.
1/16/2014 7:33am
RD , Barcia and JS r going to win at least 1 for sure so thats make's 5 different winners.
Has JB pulled enough confidence out of last week to believe he can win one ?
Tomac will he come back strong and pull one swell.

its just hard to tell now but the field has the potential to deliver numerous different winners this year
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
1/16/2014 7:40am
There will be no parity until RV moves on.
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
1/16/2014 7:42am
Once Poto retires, there will be a huge group all about the same speed. Unless someone really steps up their game I could see 4 or 5 riders battling for wins. Everyone says that right now there are 6-7 people who can win but we all know that unless something odd happens, Poto is going to win 60-70% of the races. Cant wait until he is done and up in the booth.
1/16/2014 8:02am
Barcia proved last year he could beet RV
Stewart proved last year he could beat RV
Dungey proved last year he could beat RV

Roczen has proven he can beat him this year

that r 4 other riders then RV and Saps and Canard r not in it atm so if they would be in it, there would be 7 legit riders that can win why would it be impossible to have 6-8 different riders that win a main event? Imagine a huge mudder and Reed is in it to win it
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
1/16/2014 8:07am
Moens_Andy wrote:
Barcia proved last year he could beet RV Stewart proved last year he could beat RV Dungey proved last year he could beat RV Roczen has...

that r 4 other riders then RV and Saps and Canard r not in it atm so if they would be in it, there would be 7 legit riders that can win why would it be impossible to have 6-8 different riders that win a main event? Imagine a huge mudder and Reed is in it to win it
Parity to win some races? Yes

Parity to win a Championship without RV getting injured or having a DNF? No

JMO of coarse.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
1/16/2014 8:08am
This year still has more than plenty of years, it already has two winners. 1996 and 2001 only had two winners all year and 2003,04,06,07 only had three all year. Stewart will win some races and Dungey and Barcia probably will. IMO we will have 5 different winners this year.
jmx411
1/16/2014 8:10am
From 08-2011 we had four different supercross champions? Is that not parity?

Motocross is such a mental sport that even when RV retires their will be a couple guys who will step up and start winning and with winning their confidence will increase and they will string together some championships
1/16/2014 8:16am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

JMO of coarse.
Agreed on the Championship RV and RD have the best cards for that.
RV balls out and RD consistent if RV cant get enough wins RD is going to be hard to handle.
Although i think Roczen has the best of 2 worlds has the speed to win and is consistent if he's not colliding with Barcia that is
IWreckALot
1/16/2014 8:18am
Moens_Andy wrote:
Agreed on the Championship RV and RD have the best cards for that. RV balls out and RD consistent if RV cant get enough wins RD...
RV balls out and RD consistent if RV cant get enough wins RD is going to be hard to handle.
Although i think Roczen has the best of 2 worlds has the speed to win and is consistent if he's not colliding with Barcia that is
That's going to be interesting to watch Roczen ride around Barcia.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2014 8:22am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2014 8:24am
Moens_Andy wrote:
Barcia proved last year he could beet RV Stewart proved last year he could beat RV Dungey proved last year he could beat RV Roczen has...

gsxrcr28 wrote:

JMO of coarse.
If I had to pick a guy to win the championship my money would be on RV
It seems every year there are a handfull of riders
considered good enought to win
the championship that people seem to feel let down by ..Dungey always comes to mind in recent years
as a guy that people say isnt doing enough
Or good enough but the fact is there can only be one champion..

So really the best we can hope for is multiple winners
and good battles and it seems we most definetly
have that this year!
Go get a win this weekend Rd5
And hush the critics for a minute Smile
Jordan421
Fantasy
2561st
1/16/2014 8:23am
Moens_Andy wrote:
Agreed on the Championship RV and RD have the best cards for that. RV balls out and RD consistent if RV cant get enough wins RD...
I don't think RD will be considered a contestant for the championship just because he isn't aggressive enough.
JMO
1/16/2014 8:24am
IWreckALot wrote:
That's going to be interesting to watch Roczen ride around Barcia.
its gonna be rush hour between those 2 i think.
its slam or get slammed i just hope they can leave it behind them and focus forward instead of taking themselves out of the Cship run with childish behaviour
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2014 8:38am
Moens_Andy wrote:

IMO people have there sight set to
high for Canard and Millsaps
coming right back and fighting for wins and getting podiums
..I hope im wrong but id picture both fighting for top 10's
in this stacked field under the cicumstances
.being a little off there game just from not racing for a while
and getting back in race shape etc..
bama205
1/16/2014 9:07am
Jordan421 wrote:
I don't think RD will be considered a contestant for the championship just because he isn't aggressive enough.
JMO
I don't like dungey

But the guy is down 1 point
He is more of a title contender than a win contender IMO
1/16/2014 9:26am
Moens_Andy wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:
IMO people have there sight set to high for Canard and Millsaps coming right back and fighting for wins and getting podiums ..I hope im wrong...
IMO people have there sight set to
high for Canard and Millsaps
coming right back and fighting for wins and getting podiums
..I hope im wrong but id picture both fighting for top 10's
in this stacked field under the cicumstances
.being a little off there game just from not racing for a while
and getting back in race shape etc..
wouldnt be surprised if either of them came back and won one- trey has proven many times that he can come back from serious injuries and mix it up with the big boys right away. Milsaps was one of the main contenders last season

What about brayton? Surely he proved last weekend that he's more than capable of winning a race this year! (he came very close) then add tomac into the mix later in the season- wouldnt be surprised if tomac won one this year. Wasnt there something like 8 riders all within a second of each other (laptimes) at one of the rounds? Seems pretty close to me! good start and a bit of luck there could be 7 or 8 different winners this year easily
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/16/2014 9:29am
rcm406 wrote:
Lets see, first it was McGrath dominating, then RC, then a couple years with James when he was healthy, and now RV! Do you think we...
Lets see, first it was McGrath dominating, then RC, then a couple years with James when he was healthy, and now RV! Do you think we will ever see a season with 7-8 different winners in SX or MX.
You had, what, five last year?
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
1/16/2014 9:29am
bama205 wrote:
I don't like dungey

But the guy is down 1 point
He is more of a title contender than a win contender IMO
Agreed. I think Dungey is boring but he is a title contender without question. His consistency pays. Just ask his accountant and he will confirm.
newmann
1/16/2014 9:50am
newmann wrote:
Supposed to be happening right now. Every one raves about how stacked the field is.:whistle: RC in his mad little leprechaun mode would still kick all...

IWreckALot wrote:
Don't be a Debbie Downer man. It's still a little early to say it's going to be more of the same. 2 races in and 2...
Don't be a Debbie Downer man.

It's still a little early to say it's going to be more of the same. 2 races in and 2 different winners. Hell the podium has been very different both rounds with only Dungey making the podium in both.

I know where you're coming from though. RV looks like he's going to repeat 2013. He had a rough A1, then he came back and dominated the rest of the season. I'm just staying hopeful at this point. I still think Dungey, Barcia, Milsaps and Canard (when they get back) and hopefully Brayton can steal a win. Roczen should get another one and hopefully Stewart and Reed can get up there. Also Tomac should be back. He actually got a good start at A1. Maybe he got those figured out.

It's tough to bet against RV in any given race though. I think we have a better chance this season than in past seasons.
Laughing No Debbie Downer here, I actually enjoy the races. Just funny to listen to everyone get so amped up about the "perfect storm" each and every year. Of course every year has brought numerous injuries in pre season testing and training. Then A1 turns out just about opposite of what everyone predicted.
1/16/2014 9:51am
From 85-91, if you weren't Ward, RJ, Bradshaw, Stanton, JMB, Dogger, any win was a wa-wa-waaaat?!? deal.

winners from 93-2001
MC tons of wins, so much so that if MXkied Larocket Emig Albee Dowd Windham Lusk Tortelli won it was a giant killer type deal (all of those are a win here or there, 1 off 1 time win basically And Im sure I missed 1 or 2 but if so, they were a one timer)

2001-2006
RC, JS, Reed, Windham, DV...... the vast majority between RC JS Reed (anyone I missed off this would be a one off deal also or a fluke type deal)

2008-2013

JS, Reed, Windham, Millsaps, Dung, RV, Canard all with multiple wins, you don't know who is going to win especially since 2011. Add in BamBam, Roczen, to that mix now..... and there is no parity? Plus the Brayton bandwagon is filling up, Tomac will surely be in the mix by seaon end, get Trey and Davi healed up, that's 9 that you wont omg holy shit they won? guys.

Almost half the field can win and it wont be a shock omg deal... and no parity? we haven't seen this much parity since 83-84.
TeamGreen
1/16/2014 9:57am
Seems to me that JB10 hunted RV down at the end PHX...also...that RD came thru the pack to the front.

Then there's JS7 and his run towards the front...altho slower than usual at PHX.

KR seems to be able to get up there and race. JB51, too.

Oh, and shall we recall that Reed's showing some speed and is still capable.

I wouldn't throw Weimer out with the Bath-Water, either.

You have eight to ten riders out there that're capable of winning a Supercross and that in itself makes it a season with a lot more opportunity for a lot more people.

When we go East...I think there'll be a few additional riders in the 450s to "mix things up" a bit. Even one on a 350.
Suns_PSD
1/16/2014 9:59am
In football, even if you suck you pretty much have a 50% chance of being on the winning team.

Racing is not the same. You can have 100 guys show up to try and qualify and at the end there is only 1 single guy that walks away w/ it all.
downard254
1/16/2014 10:56am
what'd you say about a pair-a-titties?
zook11
1/16/2014 11:06am
newmann wrote:

There's no way in hell bud, RC never straight up beat JS7 in SX and RV dominates JS7. Simple math BRO.
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
1/16/2014 11:09am
zook11 wrote:
There's no way in hell bud, RC never straight up beat JS7 in SX and RV dominates JS7. Simple math BRO.
RC never straight up beat JS7 in SX??? Kook11 is stoned out of his mind right now... Whistling
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/16/2014 11:10am
newmann wrote:

zook11 wrote:
Oh no not this again SMH

Post a reply to: Will we ever see parity in the 450 class again?

The Latest