Will james and chad..

Cook441
10/30/2010 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2010 7:24pm
toroP wrote:
What am I making up? Try looking at stats. OK, SLC 2009 James and Chad put about 30 sec. on 3rd. That was a [b]year and...
What am I making up? Try looking at stats.
OK, SLC 2009 James and Chad put about 30 sec. on 3rd. That was a year and a half ago.
Is that really ancient history? Nonsense. Take some time and learn the sport. You can learn a lot from the archive results and video.
Cook441 wrote:
Guys seriously- there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- your quoting 09 to make a point? RV waxed JS twice his rookie...
Guys seriously- there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- your quoting 09 to make a point? RV waxed JS twice his rookie year "straight up" (whatever that means) and we all saw what RD did with those guys both on and of the track- These guys are all on great programs and just need a little confidence- tenths of seconds from 1st to 5 (maybe as far back as 8th depending on who signs) thats no cake walk even for JS-

Sorry for the reality check-
toroP wrote:
"there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- " Cook, seriously, don't try to predict this sport. People fail continually trying to tell...
"there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- " Cook, seriously, don't try to predict this sport. People fail continually trying to tell us what will happen. I just quoted stats that suggest it's foolish to write James and Chad off as has-beens.

Sorry for the reality check- oh, and RV didn't "wax" anyone in SX 2009. He held on for wins when the top guys had bad races. More reality.
Im making a prediction- made one last year too everyone was talking 30 seconds blah blah blah and I posted a video of RD with the song "you got another thing coming" -

As for RV watch Seattle and Vegas again- those were not bad races for anyone- James moved into second pretty fast in Seattle and couldn't close the gap- I mean with 30 seconds at will that shoulda been no prob- Vegas- he couldn't keep up and backed it down- look at RC's 1st year and the margins JM was winning by- even back then there was some knuckle head saying no way it'll never happen look at last year etc-

Just mark my words- please

(PS i dont think they are "has beens" either but they are up for NEW challenges, young challenges, hungry and confident challengers and thats rare especially for JS)
Outsider
10/30/2010 7:29pm
Cook441 wrote:
Guys seriously- there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- your quoting 09 to make a point? RV waxed JS twice his rookie...
Guys seriously- there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- your quoting 09 to make a point? RV waxed JS twice his rookie year "straight up" (whatever that means) and we all saw what RD did with those guys both on and of the track- These guys are all on great programs and just need a little confidence- tenths of seconds from 1st to 5 (maybe as far back as 8th depending on who signs) thats no cake walk even for JS-

Sorry for the reality check-
toroP wrote:
"there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- " Cook, seriously, don't try to predict this sport. People fail continually trying to tell...
"there will be no winners by 30 seconds mark my words- " Cook, seriously, don't try to predict this sport. People fail continually trying to tell us what will happen. I just quoted stats that suggest it's foolish to write James and Chad off as has-beens.

Sorry for the reality check- oh, and RV didn't "wax" anyone in SX 2009. He held on for wins when the top guys had bad races. More reality.
Cook441 wrote:
Im making a prediction- made one last year too everyone was talking 30 seconds blah blah blah and I posted a video of RD with the...
Im making a prediction- made one last year too everyone was talking 30 seconds blah blah blah and I posted a video of RD with the song "you got another thing coming" -

As for RV watch Seattle and Vegas again- those were not bad races for anyone- James moved into second pretty fast in Seattle and couldn't close the gap- I mean with 30 seconds at will that shoulda been no prob- Vegas- he couldn't keep up and backed it down- look at RC's 1st year and the margins JM was winning by- even back then there was some knuckle head saying no way it'll never happen look at last year etc-

(PS i dont think they are "has beens" either but they are up for NEW challenges, young challenges, hungry and confident challengers and thats rare especially for JS)
Yup, it's over for the Chad, Bubba, and Ricky show.

There's a new sheriff in town.. his name, is Reggie Hammond.
toroP
10/30/2010 8:30pm
Cook441 wrote:
Im making a prediction- made one last year too everyone was talking 30 seconds blah blah blah and I posted a video of RD with the...

"those were not bad races for anyone" jeez Cook. Seattle, Reed went down on the start. Did you really see those races? Dude, I'm marking your words, and they seem pretty squirrelly.
Cook is OverCooked in thinkWink
10/30/2010 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2010 8:41pm
Outsider wrote:
IAccept not dominating this year? Cause imo they wont... dungey doing his thing and RV should be on fire... i feel that its the end for...
IAccept not dominating this year? Cause imo they wont... dungey doing his thing and RV should be on fire... i feel that its the end for the top dogs... sad but true

I don't get how you guys think massive talent and drive disappear in one year! I don't imagine you Americans know much about Mario Lemieux -NHL, being out with Hodgkins a form of cancer, outfor 2 months doing Chemo and came back and still won the scoring title.Often athletes who suffer an injury realize how much they love the sport and come back even better than ever! As for the bike, I didn't say anything about that.

As for JS being beat, he didn't get beat! He won A-1, broke his wrist at A-2, -DNF, and ok he got beat at A-3 finishing 3rd after leading most of the freaking race until he couldn't hold on anymore! If you think that is getting beat okdoky than. 3rd with a broken wrist!!!! Wow I would call that a win, he's a freakn animal!

As for 30 second leads, that all depends on Chad Reed. JS doesn't need to go that fast if Reedy of old doesn't show up.

all in all I think this just comes down to who your fave rider is.

Whatever the case, we will see at A-1
cheers

The Shop

10/30/2010 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2010 8:54pm
Outsider wrote:
IAccept not dominating this year? Cause imo they wont... dungey doing his thing and RV should be on fire... i feel that its the end for...
IAccept not dominating this year? Cause imo they wont... dungey doing his thing and RV should be on fire... i feel that its the end for the top dogs... sad but true

Karma wrote:
I don't get how you guys think massive talent and drive disappear in one year! I don't imagine you Americans know much about Mario Lemieux -NHL...
I don't get how you guys think massive talent and drive disappear in one year! I don't imagine you Americans know much about Mario Lemieux -NHL, being out with Hodgkins a form of cancer, outfor 2 months doing Chemo and came back and still won the scoring title.Often athletes who suffer an injury realize how much they love the sport and come back even better than ever! As for the bike, I didn't say anything about that.

As for JS being beat, he didn't get beat! He won A-1, broke his wrist at A-2, -DNF, and ok he got beat at A-3 finishing 3rd after leading most of the freaking race until he couldn't hold on anymore! If you think that is getting beat okdoky than. 3rd with a broken wrist!!!! Wow I would call that a win, he's a freakn animal!

As for 30 second leads, that all depends on Chad Reed. JS doesn't need to go that fast if Reedy of old doesn't show up.

cheers
Everyone says the same shit every year. "See ya at A1"

Then every year it's nothing but bullshit for the next 15 rounds after A1. Epstein Barr, bike setup, lingering injuries, didn't train, overtrained, mechanic sucks, trainer sucks, girlfriend blew another rider in your rig while you did TV interview, wrecked a rental, body doesnt sweat anymore, sand in vagina, trained at rynos, mathes is dbag, heat exhaustion, better on the 450, only rides fast in contract years,his dad pushed him too hard, only got the ride because he's friends with bubba, can't do timed qualies,too heavy for the 250f, knowitallnovice don't know shit and blah blah blah

I saw RV, CR and JBS and RD at A1 last year........just like everyone told me I would see.

And what happened? 60 seconds had gone away in 12 months yet you can't beleive they are further gone in 18?

motocross math say's it's easier to keep momentum than add new momentum
zippy895
10/30/2010 9:07pm
can u wake up dead from an alive sleep?
toroP
10/30/2010 9:14pm
zippy895 wrote:
can u wake up dead from an alive sleep?
Yes. Every morning since I turned 40.Blink
mjskier
10/30/2010 9:44pm
The big question in my mind is RV. He is coming back from a worse injury than James.
burnside
10/30/2010 10:08pm
mjskier wrote:
The big question in my mind is RV. He is coming back from a worse injury than James.
I agree.. RV is one of my favorite racers out there. Really hope he comes back 100%

Main thing is the top five all stay healthy and keep racing for the win. We've had too many seasons with the title contenders out injured and a the rest of the pack racing for second behind a machine like Dungey. If it was a legit 3-4 way fight for the title that would be amazing. Never seems to materialize, hopefully this year is different! One things for sure, supercross needs Bubba & Reed!
Cook441
10/31/2010 8:13am
Outsider wrote:

Karma wrote:
I don't get how you guys think massive talent and drive disappear in one year! I don't imagine you Americans know much about Mario Lemieux -NHL...

cheers
I dont think massive talent and drive dissapear in one year- I do think that the bar gets raised and then certain riders can and will elevate to that level- I also think that many riders in the past were already beat by JS and CR and RC before the gate dropped-

Now with that said I have seen a healthy RV show that he has the speed to run and beat JS and CR- Ive seen Dungey do it too-

Now factor in guys like CP that are damn near matching JS's practice times on a 250f(I know he's riding a different track etc) and that know they can compete agaisnt guys like RD all of these things don't take away James's talent it just makes it a lot harder to get the job done and he struggles as it is to make it through a seaason and hold the championship title as it! thats all I am saying- I dont see this 30 second gap you guys speak of but what do I know-

I hope all are healthy and the same- we all remember rj's stats both before and after his wrist-
Cook441
10/31/2010 9:03am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2010 9:05am
I love this one-- and don't say oh he wasn't trying to race- him- James threw everything but the kitchen sink at that lead (ala his tricky quad section that he had done in practice) to try and break away and pull the "30 second" but RV wasn't having it--

Outsider
10/31/2010 10:47am
Cook441 wrote:
I love this one-- and don't say oh he wasn't trying to race- him- James threw everything but the kitchen sink at that lead (ala his...
I love this one-- and don't say oh he wasn't trying to race- him- James threw everything but the kitchen sink at that lead (ala his tricky quad section that he had done in practice) to try and break away and pull the "30 second" but RV wasn't having it--

That never happened... Wink
TeamGreen
10/31/2010 11:00am
Trey, Metty, JG...all on Factory equip.

2011 is gonna be good.

It's gonna be different.

It's gonna be better.
bama205
10/31/2010 11:16am
SL91 wrote:
everybody seems to be forgetting about RD, He'll be faster than last year, won't crash like RV and JS and will be #1 again when the...
everybody seems to be forgetting about RD, He'll be faster than last year, won't crash like RV and JS and will be #1 again when the fat lady sings. And, don't forget the new #41.
dumb he crashes in sx too
may104
10/31/2010 11:29am
Dungey has the drive and fitness to succeed. I think he will work on things in this offseason to make is sx game even better, and could potentially dominate everyone like he did outdoors. Another question is, who will be in the top ten? man there are some top names that might not even make the main event. SX is stacked. Im coming down from Canada to see it all unfold at A1 for sure!
10/31/2010 7:11pm
GuyB wrote:
Just for the sake of speculation... I'm not sure I follow your premise. Will they accept not dominating? If they're not dominating, do they actually get...
Just for the sake of speculation...

I'm not sure I follow your premise. Will they accept not dominating?

If they're not dominating, do they actually get a choice in the matter?

Now having said that, I think there are a lot of people here who have really short memories. The only reason both Chad and James were MIA last year was due to injuries. They should both be in the mix for podium spots just about every weekend. If you think otherwise, I'm guessing you have one of those "for medicinal purposes only" cards in your wallet.
hahah! I'd say that sums it up

Post a reply to: Will james and chad..

The Latest