Will Tomac "bunch them up" in Vegas??

5/1/2017 7:34am
Jdawggg wrote:
Remember when Chad Reed tried to take Bubba out in thunder alley?
I remember it well, Reed looked like a moran.
Yes, remember it well. One of the most chickenshit moments in motor racing history. Then, Reed makes it into the top 10 list again while getting lapped. Does Reed have no pride at all?
tingo
5/1/2017 7:42am
Yes, remember it well. One of the most chickenshit moments in motor racing history. Then, Reed makes it into the top 10 list again while getting...
Yes, remember it well. One of the most chickenshit moments in motor racing history. Then, Reed makes it into the top 10 list again while getting lapped. Does Reed have no pride at all?
Perhaps too much.
tprice07
5/1/2017 7:55am
Tomac will win Vegas, Dungey will get 2nd or 3rd. That's it. Tomac will do everything he can to win the championship, but it won't be enough.

There is something about Vegas though, this is the last chance for some riders (Barcia, Grant, Malcolm, & a few others) to show what they can do. If they can mix it up and push Dungey back that'd be great.
tprice07
5/1/2017 8:33am
Also, at the end of the day, I really don't care who wins the championship. Eli's hunt is the only thing that made it interesting. We all know who the fastest guy was this season. I prefer a guy willing to take some chances and have flashes of brilliance over a guy who is playing it safe and consistent.

Consistency is just plain boring. This sport is for entertainment. If they want to "fix" it. Drop 2 or 3 bad races in the season. That'll allow guys to stay in the hunt. But it will allow them to take some risks in a race that they wouldn't have otherwise.

The Shop

BobPA
5/1/2017 8:56am
tprice07 wrote:
Also, at the end of the day, I really don't care who wins the championship. Eli's hunt is the only thing that made it interesting. We...
Also, at the end of the day, I really don't care who wins the championship. Eli's hunt is the only thing that made it interesting. We all know who the fastest guy was this season. I prefer a guy willing to take some chances and have flashes of brilliance over a guy who is playing it safe and consistent.

Consistency is just plain boring. This sport is for entertainment. If they want to "fix" it. Drop 2 or 3 bad races in the season. That'll allow guys to stay in the hunt. But it will allow them to take some risks in a race that they wouldn't have otherwise.
He was the fastest guy until he was put in Dungey's shoes. As soon as he became the hunted and not the hunter he folded. It's a lot easier to ride fast without the red plate...
Flip109
5/1/2017 8:56am
tprice07 wrote:
Also, at the end of the day, I really don't care who wins the championship. Eli's hunt is the only thing that made it interesting. We...

I kinda like that idea
Flip109
5/1/2017 8:57am
tprice07 wrote:

BobPA wrote:
He was the fastest guy until he was put in Dungey's shoes. As soon as he became the hunted and not the hunter he folded. It's...
He was the fastest guy until he was put in Dungey's shoes. As soon as he became the hunted and not the hunter he folded. It's a lot easier to ride fast without the red plate...
Aaaaand good point
tingo
5/1/2017 9:00am
tprice07 wrote:

There really isn't anything about placing a 450 on the podium nearly every week that can be considered "playing it safe". The smoothness of Dungey's riding often overshadows just how fast he is; he makes it look easy. And if you doubt his speed, talk to the majority of pro racers making main events each week that have absolutely nothing for him. Yes, Tomac has had an awesome season and has made the championship battle incredibly exciting to watch, but at the end of day, there will be only one dude that showed consistent brilliance vs. flashes of it...and he'll have done so three years in a row. How boring.
tprice07
5/1/2017 9:08am
tprice07 wrote:

tingo wrote:
There really isn't anything about placing a 450 on the podium nearly every week that can be considered "playing it safe". The smoothness of Dungey's riding...
There really isn't anything about placing a 450 on the podium nearly every week that can be considered "playing it safe". The smoothness of Dungey's riding often overshadows just how fast he is; he makes it look easy. And if you doubt his speed, talk to the majority of pro racers making main events each week that have absolutely nothing for him. Yes, Tomac has had an awesome season and has made the championship battle incredibly exciting to watch, but at the end of day, there will be only one dude that showed consistent brilliance vs. flashes of it...and he'll have done so three years in a row. How boring.
It is boring. Not sure if you were serious or not at the end there.

Why do so many people like James Stewart? His flashes of speed.

Also, I loved Dungey's style last year. He was smooth. He was consistent. When pressured it was like he had a literal dial that he could turn up. I wanted to see that this year. Anyhow, Dungey will be gone this year after winning the championship, good for him.

Next year we will have Tomac dominating and we will all complain about how boring he is winning all the time.
TXDirt
5/1/2017 9:13am
Tomac is down too many points to try anything. All he can do is try and win and whatever happens behind him happens. If he were down only a few points then yeah I could see some rough riding. But he's down too many to play any games. He fucked up on Saturday and basically took away any chance at a championship. Only way Dungey loses this is with a DNF. Dungey could even crash in the first turn and still make top 4. He's done it before. The field isn't deep and he has everyone covered besides Eli and Marvin.
Katoomey
5/1/2017 9:22am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2017 9:23am
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch...
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch up" behind him in hopes of causing some carnage? I could see him toying with Dungey by not letting him pass and slowing him to let other riders into the mix. How dirty could it get?? This could make for a great show.

With the amount of points Tomac needs to makeup this seems to be his only chance. That's IF he has the speed again to stay in front of everyone else. The only way Tomac could run away with a win is if Dungey has a catastrophic race and is way back while nearing the checkers.

We just might be in a for an amazing finale in both classes. Anything can happen if Tomac bunches them up behind him.

Remember when Hamilton did this to his own teammate against team orders?
if you think playing "games" is better than two guys just going at it clean, go watch F1. Honest racing is obviously too grown up for you.
tingo
5/1/2017 9:55am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2017 11:50am
tprice07 wrote:

tingo wrote:
There really isn't anything about placing a 450 on the podium nearly every week that can be considered "playing it safe". The smoothness of Dungey's riding...
tprice07 wrote:
It is boring. Not sure if you were serious or not at the end there. Why do so many people like James Stewart? His flashes of...
It is boring. Not sure if you were serious or not at the end there.

Why do so many people like James Stewart? His flashes of speed.

Also, I loved Dungey's style last year. He was smooth. He was consistent. When pressured it was like he had a literal dial that he could turn up. I wanted to see that this year. Anyhow, Dungey will be gone this year after winning the championship, good for him.

Next year we will have Tomac dominating and we will all complain about how boring he is winning all the time.
It was sarcasm. I do agree with you about who has been more exciting to watch (and also that everyone would be bitching had insert rider name here run away with the championship.) My point is that without Dungey's consistency and points lead, there never would have been an "Eli's hunt" to keep us all entertained - it's a "takes two to tango" type thing. It isn't over yet, but it's starting to look a lot like this*:

https://youtu.be/mWEb3D7WB_A

*I couldn't find a vid where the cheetah crashes his Kawi and takes a while to restart it.
5/1/2017 12:32pm
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch...
IF Eli were to get his beast mode speed back next weekend and dominate out front, will he slow the race pace to cause a "bunch up" behind him in hopes of causing some carnage? I could see him toying with Dungey by not letting him pass and slowing him to let other riders into the mix. How dirty could it get?? This could make for a great show.

With the amount of points Tomac needs to makeup this seems to be his only chance. That's IF he has the speed again to stay in front of everyone else. The only way Tomac could run away with a win is if Dungey has a catastrophic race and is way back while nearing the checkers.

We just might be in a for an amazing finale in both classes. Anything can happen if Tomac bunches them up behind him.

Katoomey wrote:
if you think playing "games" is better than two guys just going at it clean, go watch F1. Honest racing is obviously too grown up for...
if you think playing "games" is better than two guys just going at it clean, go watch F1. Honest racing is obviously too grown up for you.
"Honest racing" - Hahaahaha, good one. ROFL Maybe someone should start an MX team called "Honest Racing".
McDuff
5/1/2017 1:29pm
I'm predicting some panties being bunched up in Vegas, much like they already are.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
5/1/2017 1:35pm
I think the best thing Eli can do in Vegas is win, then let what happens behind him happen.
In a way he has nothing to lose, so nerves probably won't be an issue. If slows his pace to try to punt Dungey it could backfire. If I were Tomac I would line up right next to Dungey though Smile .
spd721
5/1/2017 2:14pm
Good news for Eli, Dungey will be retiring after this year.
Dungey felt the same way when RV retired.
MX690
5/1/2017 2:17pm
Yes, remember it well. One of the most chickenshit moments in motor racing history. Then, Reed makes it into the top 10 list again while getting...
You should find a new sport, maybe championship knitting is more your style.
5/1/2017 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2017 2:39pm
MX690 wrote:
You should find a new sport, maybe championship knitting is more your style.
Probably not. Have been involved my entire life in many forms of racing, first 30 years in dirt track (car) racing. Drivers that intentionally tried to take somebody else out (as Reed did with Stewart), or stayed in the way when getting lapped usually got a good ass whipping after the race. Most Australians that I have met share that same attitude. It really surprises me when an Aussie takes up for Reed when he is acting like a little bitch.

5/5/2017 3:24pm
After seeing that press conference, Eli is definitely going to bunch them up. We're in for a show of dicing at the front Smile
5/5/2017 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2017 5:14pm

Hamilton did it last season in the final race at Abu Dhabi.

Team: "Lewis, you must pick up the pace in order to win the race."

Hamilton: "I am leading the race, and I am quite comfortable."

It was worth a shot, particularly with Verstappen back there in the mix.

5/5/2017 5:16pm
Katoomey wrote:
if you think playing "games" is better than two guys just going at it clean, go watch F1. Honest racing is obviously too grown up for...
I do just that. F1 is in another universe from Supercross, jeez, don't even go there.
Katoomey
5/5/2017 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2017 5:47pm
tprice07 wrote:

"the only thing that made it interesting"?

why do you even follow the fuckin sport then. jesus christ I just thought we we're all motorcyle fanatics. if drama is all you are "interested" in, plenty of better places to get it. reality tv is probably what I would recommend for you to keep you thoroughly "entertained"

personally, dirtbikes interest me,
tprice07
5/5/2017 5:50pm
tprice07 wrote:

Katoomey wrote:
"the only thing that made it interesting"? why do you even follow the fuckin sport then. jesus christ I just thought we we're all motorcyle fanatics...
"the only thing that made it interesting"?

why do you even follow the fuckin sport then. jesus christ I just thought we we're all motorcyle fanatics. if drama is all you are "interested" in, plenty of better places to get it. reality tv is probably what I would recommend for you to keep you thoroughly "entertained"

personally, dirtbikes interest me,
Calm down. Don't be so serious all the time.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/5/2017 5:55pm
After seeing that press conference, Eli is definitely going to bunch them up. We're in for a show of dicing at the front Smile
Maybe he can draft by on the last lap for the win. Pinch
IWreckALot
5/5/2017 7:09pm
This thread needs to be be stickied to the top of the dumbgeon so everyone can read an example of what a truly dumbass idea and thread look like. either that or we can take the idea out behind the shed and put 25 bullets. 24 more than is necessary but you can never be too sure.
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
5/5/2017 7:18pm
gabrielito wrote:
Not parking himself won't really make a difference in the championship, parking Dungey might. Worth a shot. Eli should approach Vegas Like a no disqualification match...
Not parking himself won't really make a difference in the championship, parking Dungey might. Worth a shot. Eli should approach Vegas Like a no disqualification match and slip the brass knuckles in the tights. He has the right to now.
He has the right to? Lmao

Tomac is too much of a pussy anyways.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
5/5/2017 8:28pm
IWreckALot wrote:
This thread needs to be be stickied to the top of the dumbgeon so everyone can read an example of what a truly dumbass idea and...
This thread needs to be be stickied to the top of the dumbgeon so everyone can read an example of what a truly dumbass idea and thread look like. either that or we can take the idea out behind the shed and put 25 bullets. 24 more than is necessary but you can never be too sure.
X10
dirtnapper
5/6/2017 5:49am
IWreckALot wrote:
This thread needs to be be stickied to the top of the dumbgeon so everyone can read an example of what a truly dumbass idea and...
Laughing x100

Post a reply to: Will Tomac "bunch them up" in Vegas??

The Latest