Pdub
1/24/2010 10:46pm
Cygnus wrote:
It's all McGrath's fault.
That bastard.
jmar
1/24/2010 10:53pm
mt798 wrote:
LarryB Extending JS's Career? So a while back I posted that LarryB was working on killing outdoor motocross. He posted back saying I was way off...
LarryB Extending JS's Career?

So a while back I posted that LarryB was working on killing outdoor motocross. He posted back saying I was way off track and he wanted Stewart to stay out of outdoor motocross to extend his career. So put him in the x-games on concrete? Stewart got hurt there before he even got to race! Now he's off to a really bad start to the 2010 SX Series making some serious mistakes and you know he's got to be hurt. It got me to thinking. Did Stewart not racing the Outdoor Series hurt him as far as being able to ride at that pace around other racers? Not that I have ever ridden at that level but wouldn't it be wise to maybe re-think the SX only strategy and maybe race some of the outdoor series for 2010 just to stay in racing form? Maybe go ahead and race the whole outdoor series? What do you think LB? I just wonder, is James thinking for himself at this point in his career or what/who? If asked, I wonder what he really wants to do at this point in his career, besides win the 2010 SX Championship. I wonder if he's thought, man I should of raced the outdoors?
I think this is true because even if he spends the entire 7 months off training and riding for SX he only rides with a few...
I think this is true because even if he spends the entire 7 months off training and riding for SX he only rides with a few riders on his track not a full gate with some that want need and try to keep him form passing. He may be able to smoke anyone that he practices with but it's a select few he rides with and they are friends of his hence riding at his place. He doesn't have to deal with the 20 plus riders on the track when practicing and I think it will dull his razor sharp skills over time.

I can be the fastest person at a track laptime wise when nobody is around but throw 20 riders in the mix and not only do I have to be fast but I have to learn how to deal with traffic, lappers etc that are not my friends.....you can only keep that fresh from racing them
James has been at this deal since he was four years old and at a much higher level than most of those on this board would understand.. Even when James is racing it's by himself a good deal of the time. Sitting out of the outdoors isn't going to dull his racing skills and it's two totally different types of racing anyway.

jmar
1/24/2010 10:57pm
MOTOXMO wrote:
If Larry Brooks is trying to get rid of Professional Outdoor MX, then he's a traitor to the sport and I don't blame people for not...
If Larry Brooks is trying to get rid of Professional Outdoor MX, then he's a traitor to the sport and I don't blame people for not liking him. If this was to ever happen, which I know it won't, it would be a sad day. Think of it, no more Hot Summer days, eating Hamburgers, Drinking Beer, watching Girls in Bikinis and the fastest Pro's running two 30 min plus 2 lap motos in the 250 and 450 class, if that ever happened, 2012 truly would be the End.
If Larry Brooks is trying to get rid of Professional Outdoor MX, then he's a traitor to the sport and I don't blame people for not liking him

Larry Brooks is trying to kill the outdoor nationals?
Where on earth did you come up with this?
swizcore
1/24/2010 10:58pm
MOTOXMO wrote:
If Larry Brooks is trying to get rid of Professional Outdoor MX, then he's a traitor to the sport and I don't blame people for not...
If Larry Brooks is trying to get rid of Professional Outdoor MX, then he's a traitor to the sport and I don't blame people for not liking him. If this was to ever happen, which I know it won't, it would be a sad day. Think of it, no more Hot Summer days, eating Hamburgers, Drinking Beer, watching Girls in Bikinis and the fastest Pro's running two 30 min plus 2 lap motos in the 250 and 450 class, if that ever happened, 2012 truly would be the End.
jmar wrote:
[i]If Larry Brooks is trying to get rid of Professional Outdoor MX, then he's a traitor to the sport and I don't blame people for not...
If Larry Brooks is trying to get rid of Professional Outdoor MX, then he's a traitor to the sport and I don't blame people for not liking him

Yeah, thats a stretch to say the least.

The Shop

jmar
1/24/2010 11:00pm
MOTOXMO wrote:
jmar wrote:
[i]If Larry Brooks is trying to get rid of Professional Outdoor MX, then he's a traitor to the sport and I don't blame people for not...

swizcore wrote:
Yeah, thats a stretch to say the least.
I am hitting the sack on that one.

gt80rider
1/24/2010 11:06pm
jmar wrote:
I don't agree. You and others care more about the outdoors than most of the pro level riders do. Almost all of those guys on the...
I don't agree.

You and others care more about the outdoors than most of the pro level riders do. Almost all of those guys on the gate have been racing every weekend since they were very young kids.

They enjoy every minute they have off.
If you are anything like me, I've been riding/racing every weekend for 30 years, and I go freak'n crazy if I don't get to race for a weekend or two..... i personally would be yelling and cursing at anything that moved if i had to go 6 months without racing... but that's just me...... maybe "pro level" riders don't like to race as much as you and i do.....
ogdeno
1/24/2010 11:11pm
In a few years James Stewart will be racing Nascar, will have an album and a cookbook out.
jemcee
1/24/2010 11:21pm
if stewart does get one of the records will it, dare i say, have an asterisk

ooow thats right bitches i said that

(i'm sorry guys i don't really think your bitches..... well not all of you)
Hold It On
1/24/2010 11:34pm
jemcee wrote:
if stewart does get one of the records will it, dare i say, have an asterisk ooow thats right bitches i said that (i'm sorry guys...
if stewart does get one of the records will it, dare i say, have an asterisk

ooow thats right bitches i said that

(i'm sorry guys i don't really think your bitches..... well not all of you)
Shit stirrin bastard. LMFAO.
RMZ819
1/25/2010 2:46am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:20pm
Seems like this SX only stuff might actually be a bad idea for SX/MX riders at the top of their game. I'm not sure, but taking...
Seems like this SX only stuff might actually be a bad idea for SX/MX riders at the top of their game. I'm not sure, but taking the entire Summer off from racing Outdoors seems like it would be a Disadvantage for the up-coming SX season that starts in January. You can train your ass off as much as you want, but nothing prepares you like Seat and Racing time on a Dirtbike. I think James Stewart is eventually going to regret this SX Only Contract he signed, because he's been Pro now since 2002 and should probably have a lot more AMA titles than he's gotten. I know at one time, he talked about beating all the records, but now you hear nothing about that. Supercross is cool, but nothing really beats the Outdoors in my humble opinion, it's where we all learn to ride and it just seems like racing Motocross bikes should be. James Stewart is one of the fastest riders we've ever seen, but it's a shame he chooses to not race the Nationals and I think he's cheating himself. Maybe all that fame and money is making him lazy and that's more important to him then the Legacy he leaves behind. Just seems like a terrible waste of Talent for what usually is a short lived career at the top of your game.
When Stewart looks at his bank deposits he is ok with not racing the outdoors.

As far as extending there careers racing 12 more races during the summer is not going to make a career shorter.

DC fucked the nationals up with way less racing and one less day at the track to try and help the these over worked riders out.

All we can hope for is for the Indian money to dry up and for L&M to go away.
ando
1/25/2010 4:19am
super rat wrote:
Bubba has never been very good outdoors, he's no dummy stick to what you know.
GuyB wrote:
Other than all the championships that he's won... Regretting a SX-only contract? When his career is over would be the appropriate time to ask that question...
Other than all the championships that he's won...

Regretting a SX-only contract? When his career is over would be the appropriate time to ask that question. Now? Everything posted here is just speculation.
Well his completion record for outdoor series is pretty poor - overall only 3 out of 7 attempts, and his record on the big bikes is worse - only 1 out 4 (albeit a perfect season but still...)

BIGHEAD1
1/25/2010 5:16am
RMZ819 wrote:
When Stewart looks at his bank deposits he is ok with not racing the outdoors. As far as extending there careers racing 12 more races during...

As far as extending there careers racing 12 more races during the summer is not going to make a career shorter.

DC fucked the nationals up with way less racing and one less day at the track to try and help the these over worked riders out.

GuyB,

How long do I have to wait for you to click this retard?

He is without a doubt the most opinionated ignorant piece of shit on this board.

DC fucked up the nationals...WTF?
Rasta88
1/25/2010 5:22am
FastEddy wrote:
"Just seems like a terrible waste of Talent for what usually is a short lived career at the top of your game." The SX only guys...
"Just seems like a terrible waste of Talent for what usually is a short lived career at the top of your game."

The SX only guys think that they are prolonging their careers....
SX only is just a poor excuse to make the same amount of money as before but not have to put in the work for outdoors. jus sayin'...
Highsider
1/25/2010 5:44am
RMZ819 wrote:
When Stewart looks at his bank deposits he is ok with not racing the outdoors. As far as extending there careers racing 12 more races during...

BIGHEAD1 wrote:
GuyB, How long do I have to wait for you to click this retard? He is without a doubt the most opinionated ignorant piece of shit...
GuyB,

How long do I have to wait for you to click this retard?

He is without a doubt the most opinionated ignorant piece of shit on this board.

DC fucked up the nationals...WTF?
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, just some stink worse than others.

I suppose as long as he doesn't break any rules, he is free to post here, eh?
txmxer
1/25/2010 7:05am
Seems like this SX only stuff might actually be a bad idea for SX/MX riders at the top of their game. I'm not sure, but taking...
Seems like this SX only stuff might actually be a bad idea for SX/MX riders at the top of their game. I'm not sure, but taking the entire Summer off from racing Outdoors seems like it would be a Disadvantage for the up-coming SX season that starts in January. You can train your ass off as much as you want, but nothing prepares you like Seat and Racing time on a Dirtbike. I think James Stewart is eventually going to regret this SX Only Contract he signed, because he's been Pro now since 2002 and should probably have a lot more AMA titles than he's gotten. I know at one time, he talked about beating all the records, but now you hear nothing about that. Supercross is cool, but nothing really beats the Outdoors in my humble opinion, it's where we all learn to ride and it just seems like racing Motocross bikes should be. James Stewart is one of the fastest riders we've ever seen, but it's a shame he chooses to not race the Nationals and I think he's cheating himself. Maybe all that fame and money is making him lazy and that's more important to him then the Legacy he leaves behind. Just seems like a terrible waste of Talent for what usually is a short lived career at the top of your game.
RMZ819 wrote:

even MXA disagrees with your opinion on DC and the outdoor nationals.

1/25/2010 7:54am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:20pm
I talked to James this morning. He regrets the SX only contract and passing up the MX series. He's willing to stand next to his two disappointments.

DrSweden
1/25/2010 8:17am
One rarely regrets hard work, especially when it pays off. The flipside could be an issue for him (if doing SX only is considering not hard enough)?

I'm sure he wouldn't mind that extra title, but it's obvious doing both series was to much to handle.
DrSweden
1/25/2010 8:20am
I talked to James this morning. He regrets the SX only contract and passing up the MX series. He's willing to stand next to his two...
I talked to James this morning. He regrets the SX only contract and passing up the MX series. He's willing to stand next to his two disappointments.

Yeah! Two extra cars TOTALLY compensates a motocross title.......... NOT!
1/25/2010 8:40am
Rasta88 wrote:
SX only is just a poor excuse to make the same amount of money as before but not have to put in the work for outdoors...
SX only is just a poor excuse to make the same amount of money as before but not have to put in the work for outdoors. jus sayin'...
Ya and what kind of fucking idiot would do that? I know if my boss asked me if I wanted to only work 7 months and get the same money as I did working 12 I would tell him no way.
1/25/2010 8:42am
DrSweden wrote:
One rarely regrets hard work, especially when it pays off. The flipside could be an issue for him (if doing SX only is considering not hard...
One rarely regrets hard work, especially when it pays off. The flipside could be an issue for him (if doing SX only is considering not hard enough)?

I'm sure he wouldn't mind that extra title, but it's obvious doing both series was to much to handle.
Did James tell you these things?
Ozy
1/25/2010 9:33am
Sorry in advance for getting back on topic.

James declined to race the MXoN last year because of his SX only contract.

In hindsight I find in extremely ironic that the riders we sent last year were referred to as USA B-team . . .

last time I checked Team USA B - Team rider Weimer was 3 for 3 in the lites class and fellow B - Team rider Dungey was 2/3 in the big class

I doubt JS7 will regret going SX only but it may result in the failure of his attack on the record books
1/25/2010 9:53am
I talked to James this morning. He regrets the SX only contract and passing up the MX series. He's willing to stand next to his two...

DrSweden wrote:
Yeah! Two extra cars TOTALLY compensates a motocross title.......... NOT!
#1) You're from Sweden so your opinion doesn't count.

#2) We all can't be born with a silver spoon in our mouths like you. Most of us have to work to get what we have and want.

#3) No one gave JBS anything. He worked for it.
DrSweden
1/25/2010 11:50am
Did James tell you these things?
Why do you think James told me this? I'm speculating like you? You have the truth?
DrSweden
1/25/2010 11:57am
#1) You're from Sweden so your opinion doesn't count. #2) We all can't be born with a silver spoon in our mouths like you. Most of...

#2) We all can't be born with a silver spoon in our mouths like you. Most of us have to work to get what we have and want.

1. Really necessary to be impolite?
2. You know nothing about me? So how did you come to that conclusion?
3. When did I say someone gave him something?
MOTOXMO
1/25/2010 11:59am
Well! if it is ALL about the money and not for the love of racing motorcycles and trying to etch his name in the Record books, GOOD FOR BUBBA, I'm sure he'll invite all his Rabid fans to come over and drive his Fancy Sports cars around when they have nobody left to cheer for. Personally, I'm not sure I'll be happy to not see Stewart racing anymore, because I admire his skills on a bike, but I sure will be happy to see his Dumb Fans gone. This year will be a particularly fun year for me, because I'll get to see Dungey or Villopoto win the SX championship and then get to see them race a Full outdoor season, but for Bubba fans, they'll see their Hero Falter in SX and by May they can rejoice that he's hangin out by the pool polishing his Lambo and counting his money. Wow! sounds like fun to me.
P
1/25/2010 12:02pm
MOTOXMO wrote:
Well! if it is ALL about the money and not for the love of racing motorcycles and trying to etch his name in the Record books...
Well! if it is ALL about the money and not for the love of racing motorcycles and trying to etch his name in the Record books, GOOD FOR BUBBA, I'm sure he'll invite all his Rabid fans to come over and drive his Fancy Sports cars around when they have nobody left to cheer for. Personally, I'm not sure I'll be happy to not see Stewart racing anymore, because I admire his skills on a bike, but I sure will be happy to see his Dumb Fans gone. This year will be a particularly fun year for me, because I'll get to see Dungey or Villopoto win the SX championship and then get to see them race a Full outdoor season, but for Bubba fans, they'll see their Hero Falter in SX and by May they can rejoice that he's hangin out by the pool polishing his Lambo and counting his money. Wow! sounds like fun to me.
Sounds like you don't like him because he is successful more than anything.

P
MOTOXMO
1/25/2010 12:20pm
Not at all, just seems like he doesn't quite have the drive other SX/MX riders have had in the past. He's entitled to all the money he can make, but that doesn't necessarily mean I have agree with his fans who say he's the best ever. This thread started out as whether or not racing MX is benefitting or harming his SX career. I think it is, you probably think it isn't and if his strategy is to take over half the year off, so he'll be healthy for the SX season, but it prevents him from winning the title, then I don't think it's a good call on his behalf. Sure! he can sit there with a Diaper polishing his cars when he retires, but I bet he'll wonder back when he was in his prime all the AMA championships he let slip by, because he decided to take it easy and only race one series. There are riders who've WON both the AMA SX and MX titles in same year, quite an accomplishment, but Stewarts not one of them and that's why I think he'll always live in the shadows of the True greats who did, but instead he'll simply be looked at as a rider who never quite lived up to his Talent, because he was afraid of getting hurt outdoors. Dungey is exposing this SX only thing as a bad idea.
1/25/2010 12:53pm
#1) You're from Sweden so your opinion doesn't count. #2) We all can't be born with a silver spoon in our mouths like you. Most of...

DrSweden wrote:
1. Really necessary to be impolite? 2. You know nothing about me? So how did you come to that conclusion? 3. When did I say someone...
1. Really necessary to be impolite?
2. You know nothing about me? So how did you come to that conclusion?
3. When did I say someone gave him something?
1. It was necessary

2. I used the same formula that you used in determining Stewart couldn't handle both series. Your formula is known as the "I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth" formula and is named after people who have no clue what it takes to win multiple mx/sx championships.

3. I figured you wouldn't understand 1 and 2 so I broke it down and spoon fed you. You're welcome.

Post a reply to: Will Stewart ever regret this SX only contract

The Latest