Why's Blake Wharton not racing?

Stefan82
Edited Date/Time 2/15/2015 12:11pm
Wharton is going to be at Arlington but not to compete, he'll be there with his band according to his twitter account. I wanna see him at the gate!
|
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
2/13/2015 7:21pm
He is currently looking for a Milli to go with his Vanilli
HuskyEd
2/13/2015 7:23pm
If he's happy that's all that counts. Wink

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/13/2015 7:26pm
Waste of talent. Not that he was going to win championships, but this whole "Band thing" is not going to make him famous, that's FOR SURE. Strange family.... The dad is pretty normal, mom is/was a model and she came to all the amateur races, dressed up like she was going to walk the red carpet. I mean EVERY WEEKEND !! She was pretty good looking lady, but a little to high maintenance for me. Tyler was always pretty quiet, but polite and was the one who ran the long hair during his childhood. Blake had short hair as far back as I can remember and was really shy. He never hung out with all the other kids that use to ride their BMX bikes, drive their RC cars or swim in the creek @ Lorrettas. They both seemed to hang out in their motorhomes with mom and dad, while the mechanic they hired would have 20 minibikes lined up outside the 28' trailer they towed to California from Texas. I'm pretty sure they owned a few Ford dealerships and also had some kind of contract with the state of Texas to build all the special needs buses or something along those lines. In other words, Blake don't need the money, the family has plenty of that to spread among them.
jeffro503
2/13/2015 7:32pm
Still though......Blake is a talented racer , and getting to that point , you really have to put the work in. I've actually always really liked him , as he always seemed nice and very humble. And he for sure put his heart out there every time he raced. He never minded rubbing elbows or plastic.
gharmon
2/13/2015 7:50pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Still though......Blake is a talented racer , and getting to that point , you really have to put the work in. I've actually always really liked...
Still though......Blake is a talented racer , and getting to that point , you really have to put the work in. I've actually always really liked him , as he always seemed nice and very humble. And he for sure put his heart out there every time he raced. He never minded rubbing elbows or plastic.
Wil Hahn should have given him a portion of his championship bonus from two years ago.. A couple years ago when it looked like Marvin was about to catch Hahn for the title Wharton frustrated Marvin so much with "rubbing that plastic" that he caused himself a lot of points by trying to rub back with Wharton. I believe he went down in that race and that pretty much took the wind out of Marvin's sails..

Wharton sure as hell got aggressive there toward the end. I also believe Wharton had the speed at times to contend for a title had he really put forth the effort. He was fast as shit. He won a couple races just a couple years ago right? One thing was for sure when he came out of the amateurs he was another Alessi for sure. I would have bet he would have at least one a regional title. Was it his second pro race that he led a bit and had a podium finish outdoors?
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
2/13/2015 7:55pm
langhammx wrote:
Waste of talent. Not that he was going to win championships, but this whole "Band thing" is not going to make him famous, that's FOR SURE...
Waste of talent. Not that he was going to win championships, but this whole "Band thing" is not going to make him famous, that's FOR SURE. Strange family.... The dad is pretty normal, mom is/was a model and she came to all the amateur races, dressed up like she was going to walk the red carpet. I mean EVERY WEEKEND !! She was pretty good looking lady, but a little to high maintenance for me. Tyler was always pretty quiet, but polite and was the one who ran the long hair during his childhood. Blake had short hair as far back as I can remember and was really shy. He never hung out with all the other kids that use to ride their BMX bikes, drive their RC cars or swim in the creek @ Lorrettas. They both seemed to hang out in their motorhomes with mom and dad, while the mechanic they hired would have 20 minibikes lined up outside the 28' trailer they towed to California from Texas. I'm pretty sure they owned a few Ford dealerships and also had some kind of contract with the state of Texas to build all the special needs buses or something along those lines. In other words, Blake don't need the money, the family has plenty of that to spread among them.
Jealous? I think only Blake can decide if he wasted his talent.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
2/13/2015 7:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Still though......Blake is a talented racer , and getting to that point , you really have to put the work in. I've actually always really liked...
gharmon wrote:
Wil Hahn should have given him a portion of his championship bonus from two years ago.. A couple years ago when it looked like Marvin was...
Wil Hahn should have given him a portion of his championship bonus from two years ago.. A couple years ago when it looked like Marvin was about to catch Hahn for the title Wharton frustrated Marvin so much with "rubbing that plastic" that he caused himself a lot of points by trying to rub back with Wharton. I believe he went down in that race and that pretty much took the wind out of Marvin's sails..

Wharton sure as hell got aggressive there toward the end. I also believe Wharton had the speed at times to contend for a title had he really put forth the effort. He was fast as shit. He won a couple races just a couple years ago right? One thing was for sure when he came out of the amateurs he was another Alessi for sure. I would have bet he would have at least one a regional title. Was it his second pro race that he led a bit and had a podium finish outdoors?
I don't know about the one he almost WON. But he WON St Louis 09.
Trav138
2/13/2015 8:06pm
langhammx wrote:
Waste of talent. Not that he was going to win championships, but this whole "Band thing" is not going to make him famous, that's FOR SURE...
Typical mini dad here
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/13/2015 8:17pm
langhammx wrote:
Trav138 wrote:
Typical mini dad here
Oh boy... Yeah you nailed it. Wink and I'm jealous too !!

Not hardly... The kid had/has a ton of talent. Let's see if you two knuckle heads can follow me here-

Him not racing (because he HAS tons of talent on a dirt bike), IS a "waste of talent", IMO

You follow me so far ? Cool

I liked the kids and spent a lot of time around the family. The mom was NICE, pretty and very supportive of her boys. Tyler (Blakes older brother), in case you key board jockeys didn't know he had, was ALSO a nice/ shy kid. Dad was very nice/ humble for how wealthy they were. Mechanic was pretty serious and very busy working on a fleet of bikes, but always cool. Both boys (Blake and Tyler), always rode fair, didn't make dirty passes, etc. I have NOTHING bad to say about any of them, but they were very DIFFERENT group from the rest of us.

Not sure why I even bother posting on this site, there are so many KOOKS that have no clue and probably don't even ride a gawd damn motorcycle. Yes, this means you, if the shoe fits, wear it.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/13/2015 8:20pm
jhansen510 wrote:
One question ..... Have you listened to his music ? If you have and still think that he's not "wasting his talent" by not racing his dirt bike and pursuing a career in music, then I suppose we don't agree. Lol
cd0583
2/13/2015 8:22pm
some people need hobbies..
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
2/13/2015 8:23pm
At some point it's time to face reality and realize that mx is not everything in life. Ever think Blake is happier doing what he is doing now?
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
2/13/2015 8:25pm
Regardless of what I think of his music. I just hope he is happy and successful in life after racing. They are an odd bunch but have always been nice when I have seen them at the races and practice tracks.
hvaughn88
2/13/2015 8:27pm
He was on pit pass last week. He said he's going to college. Seems like a smart move. As far as the talent, family, band stuff...I have no idea and it's not any of my business anyways
Trav138
2/13/2015 8:27pm
langhammx wrote:
One question ..... Have you listened to his music ? If you have and still think that he's not "wasting his talent" by not racing his...
One question ..... Have you listened to his music ? If you have and still think that he's not "wasting his talent" by not racing his dirt bike and pursuing a career in music, then I suppose we don't agree. Lol
who fuckin cares!
Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the op's question. It just came off just like i said " a bitchy jealous mini dad"
Let me guess the Wharton boys smoked your kid?
I' m positive Blake is real disappointed that you don't approve of his choices in life, fuckin dork!
Zoom
2/13/2015 8:35pm
langhammx wrote:
You are right about a few things but totally wrong about most of the things your wrote...
2/13/2015 8:43pm
jhansen510 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
One question ..... Have you listened to his music ? If you have and still think that he's not "wasting his talent" by not racing his...
Hey Lang:

Blake Wharton provided a lot more entertainment in the moto world than you ever have. Please stop punching your keyboard.
Why are you qualified to judge his music vs. moto ratio? Maybe he does what he likes.
2/13/2015 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2015 8:56pm
At some point maybe he looked in the mirror and said wow I still want dirtbikes to be fun and this racing them professionally is ridiculous because maybe it's not fun anymore.

And realistically, He's probably got more of a chance to be making a ton of money with a band than racing a dirtbikes. Or maybe he just likes to have fun doing shit that he wants to do.
gharmon
2/13/2015 9:05pm
From reading the magazine Blake is the last name I remember that went over to the youth MXDN thingy (what ever it's called) and won all his classes. Unless I missed some. It seems like we may win the event but hardly ever even win a single moto anymore. But like I said, I may have missed someone having a good year over there. I really expected to see Blake take a title once he turned pro. I'm not bashing him for not winning one, he was just really fast and I expected him to.
gharmon
2/13/2015 9:06pm
At some point maybe he looked in the mirror and said wow I still want dirtbikes to be fun and this racing them professionally is ridiculous...
At some point maybe he looked in the mirror and said wow I still want dirtbikes to be fun and this racing them professionally is ridiculous because maybe it's not fun anymore.

And realistically, He's probably got more of a chance to be making a ton of money with a band than racing a dirtbikes. Or maybe he just likes to have fun doing shit that he wants to do.
Hell if he's as wealthy as said above he can do exactly what he want's to. lol
CamP
2/13/2015 9:21pm
I think Blake got tired of getting hurt.
2/13/2015 9:34pm
If you thing about it, he won Houston in 2013 and had a couple 4ths last year.
He doesn't get any media love for some reason. Maybe he doesn't fit into a clean sponsor slot.

But people wanna talk about J-Law instead. Blake is a badass rider and hopefully he;s not done.
gharmon
2/13/2015 9:59pm
CamP wrote:
I think Blake got tired of getting hurt.
I can certainly see that point. I've had 2 injuries in the last 6 months that has allowed me to work all of 3 weeks. The last one occurred 7 weeks ago and I still have 5 more weeks of non wt bearing. So I can certainly see his point. The shit gets old for sure!! Wishing Blake the best in whatever he chooses!!
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/13/2015 10:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2015 10:31pm
I've actually talked to Blake a few times over the past few months, I have a pretty good idea of how he's feeling about everything. First he just decided he wanted to go to college and get a degree, second he seems to really want to get the band thing rolling now that the SX well has considerably dried up for him. He's tired of getting hurt, he also didn't have any offers for this year as far as I know. But he will be playing with his band in the pits tomorrow from what I heard. Also he when he told me he wasn't planning at racing at all this year he didn't rule out racing next year.
2/13/2015 11:09pm
Blake was blazing fast and great to watch. He was funny in a lot of his interviews and liked a good laugh. I wish him the best in whatever he does. Playing live in front of 40,000 fans sounds pretty cool to me and then he gets to sit back with a brew and watch the show.
one"O"three
2/13/2015 11:45pm
langhammx wrote:
Trav138 wrote:
who fuckin cares! Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the op's question. It just came off just like i said " a bitchy jealous...
who fuckin cares!
Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the op's question. It just came off just like i said " a bitchy jealous mini dad"
Let me guess the Wharton boys smoked your kid?
I' m positive Blake is real disappointed that you don't approve of his choices in life, fuckin dork!
Not to get involved in your fight, But thought I'd point out langhammx's kid was pretty fast! I don't recall, but would not be shocked to find out he beat the Wartons many times, although I think his son was older.

No dog in the fight, just thought it might help if you were told his kid was no joke. Don't think he was going to tell you.

Peace Out!
keinz
2/14/2015 1:32am
Dude was a junior world champ.

Post a reply to: Why's Blake Wharton not racing?

The Latest