Why is Anderson so often overlooked?

rpawley
8/25/2016 7:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2016 7:36pm
I will say this: His energy drink sponsor seems to have got him up on more gas station posters and refrigerator decals than I have seen...
I will say this: His energy drink sponsor seems to have got him up on more gas station posters and refrigerator decals than I have seen with any other rider this year.
in Denver area Davi is still on a Suzuki in a lot of the gas station windows haha

big fan of JA21's mentality and style on a bike. He's not trying to be the next Dungey, he's trying his own thing on and off the track
rpawley
8/25/2016 7:41pm
I will say this: His energy drink sponsor seems to have got him up on more gas station posters and refrigerator decals than I have seen...
I will say this: His energy drink sponsor seems to have got him up on more gas station posters and refrigerator decals than I have seen with any other rider this year.
rpawley wrote:
in Denver area Davi is still on a Suzuki in a lot of the gas station windows haha big fan of JA21's mentality and style on...
in Denver area Davi is still on a Suzuki in a lot of the gas station windows haha

big fan of JA21's mentality and style on a bike. He's not trying to be the next Dungey, he's trying his own thing on and off the track
well he does train with the Dunge but you know what I'm sayin
endurox
8/25/2016 8:11pm
Flip109 wrote:
I like the fact the back of his jersey is always out. Always been my style also! Cool
Ditto on the back of the jersey. He just needs to get consistant starts. Maybe in his down time, Jason has figured it out.

The Shop

Aj528
8/25/2016 9:42pm
Obviously Roger didn't overlook him. The MXDN choice is a nice tip of the cap. I think it was a smart move because he was really the only guy you knew was going to hang it out and leave it all on the table.

My point was I've frequently heard him left out of 2017 supercross contender discussions. If they were just talking about Kenny and Dungey as title favorites I could swallow that. But when your naming of 5-8 guys and forgetting to put him in there it blows my mind. And it's been that way his whole pro career. The first half of his 250 west title the announcers and journalist were acting like it was a given he'd end up loosing the title to one of the TLD or PC guys. He had almost no hype as a 450 rookie. Little to no hype as a sophomore. I honestly don't think people are dissing him by leaving him out I think he just goes somehow forgotten and if you reminded them they'd be kicking themselves for leaving him off.

I'll be the first one to tell you I'm leading the El Hombre train. It was a lonely train those first few years but I stuck around. I'm sure I'm bias. I'll put Ryan and Kenny as the top 2 but I think Jason is in the three spot ahead of Tomac and the rest. Aside from Daytona, in supercross I never really saw Eli do much to catch my eye. There were plenty of races were he struggled moving through the pack and was just off the pace. Regardless of where Jason started by the end of the race he was breaking into the top 5. He was always moving forward. And he's A1 win did not come easy. He rode through the pack to get it.

With that being said I think the finishing order of SX points last year are an accurate judgment of the top 4 in our sport. 5,94,21,3

jeffro503
8/25/2016 9:52pm
JBlain619 wrote:
I agree...I think Jason's baddass. He's a little over-aggressive at times, made some dumb moves and I think it's bitten him in the ass. That said...
I agree...I think Jason's baddass. He's a little over-aggressive at times, made some dumb moves and I think it's bitten him in the ass. That said, it's his style/personality and I dig it. He should definitely be in the conversation for the titles next year with Roczen, Dungey, Tomac.
Exactly this. Jason is a true badass.

On a side note though , i was surprised they picked him for the mxon's team. He's been out quite a while. And mean while we have Davi up north that basically killed everyone. I think Davi would of been more of a solid choice.

Back to Jason though...he is a go for broke type guy. So i know he'll be giving it his all every time he throws a leg over the bike.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/26/2016 12:57am
lostboy819 wrote:
I don't think he's overlooked but he is not on the same level as Dungey,Kroc, Tomac either. When he become consist and a championship threat I...
I don't think he's overlooked but he is not on the same level as Dungey,Kroc, Tomac either. When he become consist and a championship threat I think he will get more press. Dungey, Roczen, Tomac, Musquin, Barcia, Webb, and Canard have all won championships.
Anderson has won a Championship.
You are right, I forgot he won a 250 championship and so maybe he is overlooked because I didnt think he did. Blush
davis224
Fantasy
138th
8/26/2016 3:28am
I think both Anderson and Seely are just one little tick away from being title contenders. Anderson needs more consistent starts, and Seely needs to be a little more consistent in speed. I think Seely could be Dungey lite, not always winning, but always in the podium.
8/26/2016 4:26am
Anderson should've been overlooked!

It's finally time for Roger to go!

Sorry
DonM
8/26/2016 5:38am
Icespikes wrote:
Anderson should've been overlooked!

It's finally time for Roger to go!

Sorry
You're from Canada....you're opinion doesn't count
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/26/2016 7:45am
Anderson is great but he is just a tick off of the top top guys, I see people saying he is like a Canard or better which I don't agree with. Anderson is more consistent than Canard but needs to find a touch more speed. I'll take Anderson all day over Seely though. The future is bright for him.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
8/26/2016 7:52am
Aj528 wrote:
Obviously Roger didn't overlook him. The MXDN choice is a nice tip of the cap. I think it was a smart move because he was really...
Obviously Roger didn't overlook him. The MXDN choice is a nice tip of the cap. I think it was a smart move because he was really the only guy you knew was going to hang it out and leave it all on the table.

My point was I've frequently heard him left out of 2017 supercross contender discussions. If they were just talking about Kenny and Dungey as title favorites I could swallow that. But when your naming of 5-8 guys and forgetting to put him in there it blows my mind. And it's been that way his whole pro career. The first half of his 250 west title the announcers and journalist were acting like it was a given he'd end up loosing the title to one of the TLD or PC guys. He had almost no hype as a 450 rookie. Little to no hype as a sophomore. I honestly don't think people are dissing him by leaving him out I think he just goes somehow forgotten and if you reminded them they'd be kicking themselves for leaving him off.

I'll be the first one to tell you I'm leading the El Hombre train. It was a lonely train those first few years but I stuck around. I'm sure I'm bias. I'll put Ryan and Kenny as the top 2 but I think Jason is in the three spot ahead of Tomac and the rest. Aside from Daytona, in supercross I never really saw Eli do much to catch my eye. There were plenty of races were he struggled moving through the pack and was just off the pace. Regardless of where Jason started by the end of the race he was breaking into the top 5. He was always moving forward. And he's A1 win did not come easy. He rode through the pack to get it.

With that being said I think the finishing order of SX points last year are an accurate judgment of the top 4 in our sport. 5,94,21,3

Tomac kind of had a shitty year this year. His injury was real bad. It's hard to say Anderson will beat a guy with 4 SX wins all the time. In reality Anderson has 1 and he would tell you that. After RD and KR I think it could be a hell of a battle for third with Anderson as one of the guys but overall both SX and MX id take Tomac over Anderson in a heart beat and a healthy Canard has done things inside and out that Anderson has not. 5,94,3 and 41 have all come to races with all concurring speed, we have yet to see that from Anderson but he could. Personally I think MM could have a higher ceeling too.
mxdude105
8/26/2016 8:34am
I wouldn't say he's overlooked, but I also don't consider him a true title threat. Race wins and motos, absolutely. Maybe the occassional National win. But with guys like Dungey, Roczen, Tomac... Webb moving up, etc.... I really don't put him in that same category.
Aj528
5/5/2018 10:51pm
Ahhh.. all my years leading the Jason Anderson train have paid off? been an up and down 8 years as a super fan but the kid did it!!!
5/5/2018 11:05pm
Aj528 wrote:
Ahhh.. all my years leading the Jason Anderson train have paid off? been an up and down 8 years as a super fan but the kid...
Ahhh.. all my years leading the Jason Anderson train have paid off? been an up and down 8 years as a super fan but the kid did it!!!
good job.
Socia
Fantasy
2281st
5/5/2018 11:25pm
I was so confused reading the first page of this thread thinking it was recent
jeffro503
5/5/2018 11:40pm
Aj528 wrote:
Ahhh.. all my years leading the Jason Anderson train have paid off? been an up and down 8 years as a super fan but the kid...
Yeah he did!! Well deserved championship!! Like I was saying two years ago.... Jason is a badass.
shuggs
5/5/2018 11:40pm
Glad he did, never a fan due to the repeated 250 punts on Seeley (understand them though) but have never been a hater.

It’s good that he is happy in Cali but still using Aldon, a lot to be said for being comfortable where you are in your surroundings. Hope it’s true that he has invested wisely as shows a sign of reality/ maturity.
Zalev
5/6/2018 1:52am
I think it's because he never really came from behind to beat guys like Tomac or Dungey. He can win with a holeshot but that's all, never really been dominant, never been doing things that others can't. It just feels like he can only deliver when he's lucky. I mean when you look at Tomac or even MM you can often see that they are on another level and Anderson is where he always is. With few exceptions. He's a bit like a Dungey for the most of his career. Always there but never fast enough, always in the shadow of Poto, Bubba and Reed.
5/6/2018 2:23am
Zalev wrote:
I think it's because he never really came from behind to beat guys like Tomac or Dungey. He can win with a holeshot but that's all...
I think it's because he never really came from behind to beat guys like Tomac or Dungey. He can win with a holeshot but that's all, never really been dominant, never been doing things that others can't. It just feels like he can only deliver when he's lucky. I mean when you look at Tomac or even MM you can often see that they are on another level and Anderson is where he always is. With few exceptions. He's a bit like a Dungey for the most of his career. Always there but never fast enough, always in the shadow of Poto, Bubba and Reed.
Welp, it doesn't matter what level Tomac or Musquin are on, Anderson is the champion and they aren't.

But I would agree with your statement that he's been pretty Dungey-esque, especially this season. It's been extremely impressive to watch.
5/6/2018 7:59am
Zalev wrote:
I think it's because he never really came from behind to beat guys like Tomac or Dungey. He can win with a holeshot but that's all...
What Dungey never fast enough?

Ryan Villopoto.....9 Championships and 72 Wins
Ryan Dungey ......8 Championships and 80 Wins
James Stewart.....5 Championships and 98 Wins
Chad Reed..........3 Championships and 55 Wins
Phantom 661
5/6/2018 9:44am
Zalev wrote:
Jason just won a 450 SX Championship. I'd say he's doing things that others can't (or couldnt) do this year. Ando kicked butt early in the season when everyone was healthy and present and never gave up the red plate. Yet somehow you feel he can't
deliver unless he's lucky? Dungey never fast enough? You sure about that? Can you tell me how many times Bubba and Reed placed ahead of Dunge in a championship in either SX/MX? Use the word "lucky" and revise history much do ya? Hmmm.

Post a reply to: Why is Anderson so often overlooked?

The Latest