Why do so many Joe Blows think they know the solutions to MX's "problems"?

Outsider
9/13/2014 5:38pm
I've come up with THE solution!

20, 1 minute mains, and you must ride a different bike each moto. ~Joe
MR. X
9/13/2014 5:54pm
Each rider must remain blindfolded for the first lap
tp4
9/13/2014 6:05pm
because they all don't ride or never have ..and voice their thoughts..everyone wants to be a hero.
I wonder how many here ever had an ama pro lic..they are the ones I care to listen to.
wreckitrandy
9/13/2014 6:06pm
zehn wrote:
At least a couple times a week, (including the turd that's currently on the front page) some rando posts some crap like "This is what needs...
At least a couple times a week, (including the turd that's currently on the front page) some rando posts some crap like "This is what needs to happen to save/change/whatever MX."

The ideas are always crap and would seriously disrupt the professional format that's been in place for so long. Do these guys even think before they start typing?

If you really want to change racing, go talk to your local organizers, promoters, etc, because that's where you can actually affect change. Leave the pro formats alone.
VET176 wrote:
And who are you? Do you ride at national level? If not, you're a "Joe" also. So one "Joe" has an opinion on changing the racing...
And who are you? Do you ride at national level?

If not, you're a "Joe" also.

So one "Joe" has an opinion on changing the racing format and another "Joe" (you) says leave it as it is. You have both "Joe'd" each other out.

The Shop

hillbilly
9/13/2014 7:04pm
zehn wrote:
At least a couple times a week, (including the turd that's currently on the front page) some rando posts some crap like "This is what needs...
At least a couple times a week, (including the turd that's currently on the front page) some rando posts some crap like "This is what needs to happen to save/change/whatever MX."

The ideas are always crap and would seriously disrupt the professional format that's been in place for so long. Do these guys even think before they start typing?

If you really want to change racing, go talk to your local organizers, promoters, etc, because that's where you can actually affect change. Leave the pro formats alone.
all you Joe Blows out there, STFU. You don't want to offend this genius.
He he ,nailed that sum bitch.
9/13/2014 7:55pm
Outsider wrote:
I've come up with THE solution!

20, 1 minute mains, and you must ride a different bike each moto. ~Joe
Mechanics ride tandem.
wow123
9/13/2014 8:43pm
is this a joe stroke thread?
Flip109
9/13/2014 9:55pm
Take inventory. I went to Red Bud and Millville. Both were at capacity. All good on that front. The National promoters are making bank. Feld can...
Take inventory. I went to Red Bud and Millville. Both were at capacity. All good on that front. The National promoters are making bank. Feld can charge any amount they want for tickets and will fill the stands with drunks. They are laughing to the bank. The bikes we get to ride are better than ever. The gear we get to wear is better than ever. My only wish is that I could order a 2016 KTM Factory Edition from Amazon. There is nothing wrong with motocross/supercross. It is better than it ever has been.
I'm with this
Spartacus
9/14/2014 4:59am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2014 5:00am
More laser light shows, giant blow torches and pyrotechnics.

That's core.
Vet57
9/14/2014 5:12am
This Joe knows!

Bultaco
9/14/2014 6:18am
[b]Why do so many Joe Blows think they know the solutions to MX's "problems"?[/b] You're talking to the guy who gave Red Bull the idea for...

You're talking to the guy who gave Red Bull the idea for Straight Rhythm, so you're asking the wrong Joe.

(Or at least I choose to believe that's what happened. See the bottom of this page to decide for yourself.)
http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Whats-the-next-big-step-for-SX,1251371

Of course it's easier to experiment with SX, since the curmudgeons of the sport aren't as defensive about what they already see as a "sideshow."
Steve Broon had this idea many years ago when talking about what would make MX/SX appeal the lowest common denominator on TV. Steve said something like this: "You make a long line of whoops. Riders go through one at a time, you interview them before their run and again right after".

What do you think Straight rhythm is? A long line of whoops and jumps with an interview at each end.
RandyS
9/14/2014 6:53am
More Joker lanes....
There's your answer, because sometimes Joe Blows have better ideas than the people in charge. Case in point, joker lanes. Doesn't get much more stupid than that.
RandyS
9/14/2014 7:30am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2014 7:31am
Since the OP is so pissed off about Joe Blows throwing out ideas for changing formats here's mine for a one off event. Head to head racing on two intertwined tracks ie:rider one does the first lap on track A, rider two does the first lap on track B and they switch each lap. Maybe the two tracks could be completely different, one SX, one more Endurocross or even TT. One thing that makes the extremely boring sport of long track speed skating watchable is that in a close race is that you really don't know who is in front until the line, this is the same idea. Oh, and more sumo costume races during the breaks.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
9/14/2014 8:20am
Locally what I need is a class full of guys just a little slower than me so I can finally get a win....Huh
Mxdnusa
9/15/2014 10:52am
It's the weed. Makes you think your stupid ideas are brilliant.
hillbilly
9/15/2014 1:18pm
Mxdnusa wrote:
Never had that problem.
TeamGreen
9/15/2014 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2014 2:30pm
newmann wrote:
One day, when I am King......

Laughing
When Newmann takes over...

The Big-Boy class will be "Run what'cha Brung" & you'll get 100 extra points for every "10 years too old" the bike is.
The Big-Boy class will be sponsored by Lone-Star beer and you have to be 21 y/o to race it.

The "Lites" class will have a $10,000 claiming rule and ALL bikes under 250cc are welcome...ALL BIKES (are you listening TM?)

The 125 race will allow 150cc 4Ts...20-23" frt wheel and 17-19" rr wheel. Minimum weight 200# (post race).

There will be an Adaptive Class and War-Wounded take the 1st gate: all others are 2nd gate...facing backwards. FuqU; if, ya don't get it.

Practice for all on Friday...add'l $50 going to Wounded Warriors: if You don't like it? Go race w/ Giuseppe and GFY while you're at it! Am's on Sat, Pro's on Sunday. Any Pro over 50, aka Dubach, can race Am's. All others can F/O or move back to Paris.

1 extra point/yr for the most "Le Historique": the most Historically Correct Bike pre-1986 (minimum 30 pts/1986 inclusive).
10 extra points for the smoothest lap: aka "The Jean-Cristophe Trophy".
20 extra point for "Fastest True Privateer" as determined by the 7 man committee (NoYFB who they are).
25 extra points for running a verified *Production Motor (*= Map, Pipe and Fuel ONLY).
100 extra points if ya run the whole series out of a pick-up. Cheat? We'll send ya to race GL's goofy series...on a Zundapp.
50 extra points if you run it out of a van = Econoline 150.
-10 points if you bitch about the bike...ever...on record. -20 if you're Chad. -15 if you're Ryan. -50 if you're Weston. ...EVER.
+20 points for a used no name tire - 80% wear or more. 20 pts If than 10 y/o. 30 points if it says, "Good-Year"...PER EVENT!
+10 points for a Boutique brand that makes less than 200 bikes/year (requires ENTIRELY their own Motor/Engine-Tech. See 7 man committee. 1 Year Only. No EXISTING FACTORY AFFILIATION F'N ALLOWED. FUQ'U!)
James get's to race: G F Y & Y M, Too; and, we're giving him his '14 points from the Nat's before '15 HANG-TOWN, too! Again, FUQ'U! You sit there pumped full of Motrin and drinking light-beer & booze ...all the while...you're SO FULL OF SHIT!
+30 points to J-Law or Stroupe at A1 if they line up.
Run a '77 or earlier bike: 500 pt bonus.
Talk about how the GP's are "the real deal"? -1000 points.

early
Fantasy
2231st
9/15/2014 2:45pm
TeamGreen wrote:
When Newmann takes over... The Big-Boy class will be "Run what'cha Brung" & you'll get 100 extra points for every "10 years too old" the bike...
When Newmann takes over...

The Big-Boy class will be "Run what'cha Brung" & you'll get 100 extra points for every "10 years too old" the bike is.
The Big-Boy class will be sponsored by Lone-Star beer and you have to be 21 y/o to race it.

The "Lites" class will have a $10,000 claiming rule and ALL bikes under 250cc are welcome...ALL BIKES (are you listening TM?)

The 125 race will allow 150cc 4Ts...20-23" frt wheel and 17-19" rr wheel. Minimum weight 200# (post race).

There will be an Adaptive Class and War-Wounded take the 1st gate: all others are 2nd gate...facing backwards. FuqU; if, ya don't get it.

Practice for all on Friday...add'l $50 going to Wounded Warriors: if You don't like it? Go race w/ Giuseppe and GFY while you're at it! Am's on Sat, Pro's on Sunday. Any Pro over 50, aka Dubach, can race Am's. All others can F/O or move back to Paris.

1 extra point/yr for the most "Le Historique": the most Historically Correct Bike pre-1986 (minimum 30 pts/1986 inclusive).
10 extra points for the smoothest lap: aka "The Jean-Cristophe Trophy".
20 extra point for "Fastest True Privateer" as determined by the 7 man committee (NoYFB who they are).
25 extra points for running a verified *Production Motor (*= Map, Pipe and Fuel ONLY).
100 extra points if ya run the whole series out of a pick-up. Cheat? We'll send ya to race GL's goofy series...on a Zundapp.
50 extra points if you run it out of a van = Econoline 150.
-10 points if you bitch about the bike...ever...on record. -20 if you're Chad. -15 if you're Ryan. -50 if you're Weston. ...EVER.
+20 points for a used no name tire - 80% wear or more. 20 pts If than 10 y/o. 30 points if it says, "Good-Year"...PER EVENT!
+10 points for a Boutique brand that makes less than 200 bikes/year (requires ENTIRELY their own Motor/Engine-Tech. See 7 man committee. 1 Year Only. No EXISTING FACTORY AFFILIATION F'N ALLOWED. FUQ'U!)
James get's to race: G F Y & Y M, Too; and, we're giving him his '14 points from the Nat's before '15 HANG-TOWN, too! Again, FUQ'U! You sit there pumped full of Motrin and drinking light-beer & booze ...all the while...you're SO FULL OF SHIT!
+30 points to J-Law or Stroupe at A1 if they line up.
Run a '77 or earlier bike: 500 pt bonus.
Talk about how the GP's are "the real deal"? -1000 points.

I like this format. But will add -10 for hat on backwards and -50 for one thats worn forward but not straight Smile
swizcore
9/15/2014 3:09pm
...'cause dey want the sport to gro bro....
Robgvx wrote:
Growing the sport is fine. Except for the fact that you then attract people that know nothing (and care even less) about motocross. Then, after you've...
Growing the sport is fine. Except for the fact that you then attract people that know nothing (and care even less) about motocross.

Then, after you've changed the sport to appeal to people who aren't interested in it, those people move on to something else leaving the core fans with something that doesn't resemble what they fell in love with in the first place.

Rather like the GPs actually.
nailed it..
To expand on this, just look at the current state of movies coming out of Hollywood. All the talk is of how movies are now made by committee's comprised of people who's sole purpose is to make script changes so the flick appeals to the most diverse audience possible. Of course this is to give the movie a shot at raking in more dollars from that massive audience; unfortunately those same decisions marginalize the storyline and erase originality so much that the movies mostly suck.

Do we want moto to be awesome for those who love it or make compromises to reel in the masses? Any changes simply need to be made based on that question.
toomey706
9/15/2014 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2014 7:05pm
zehn wrote:

all you Joe Blows out there, STFU. You don't want to offend this genius.
Roger that, but I know what the f#@k is up, I can fit shit like Spicolli. Here comes the vids.
9/15/2014 9:17pm
[b]Why do so many Joe Blows think they know the solutions to MX's "problems"?[/b] You're talking to the guy who gave Red Bull the idea for...

You're talking to the guy who gave Red Bull the idea for Straight Rhythm, so you're asking the wrong Joe.

(Or at least I choose to believe that's what happened. See the bottom of this page to decide for yourself.)
http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Whats-the-next-big-step-for-SX,1251371

Of course it's easier to experiment with SX, since the curmudgeons of the sport aren't as defensive about what they already see as a "sideshow."
Bultaco wrote:
Steve Broon had this idea many years ago when talking about what would make MX/SX appeal the lowest common denominator on TV. Steve said something like...
Steve Broon had this idea many years ago when talking about what would make MX/SX appeal the lowest common denominator on TV. Steve said something like this: "You make a long line of whoops. Riders go through one at a time, you interview them before their run and again right after".

What do you think Straight rhythm is? A long line of whoops and jumps with an interview at each end.
I'm going to ignore whatever (totally bullshit) implications exist in your comment and say again that Straight Rhythm looks awesome, and I'm glad I could do my part. (Red Bull say they were inspired by Excite Bike, but they know the truth!)
Zracer
9/15/2014 9:31pm
Mxdnusa wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Never had that problem.
Better weed = Better ideas
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/15/2014 10:16pm
I look at it as people wanting to contribute something to make things better. Though some of the ideas could be thought through a little more thoroughly.

Post a reply to: Why do so many Joe Blows think they know the solutions to MX's "problems"?

The Latest