Why didn't CP377 do what Malcolm did tonight?

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 2:56pm
Malcolm bought his own bike and went out and did the total privateer thing to go out and make his mark , prove a point. He had a great showing tonight....so it got me thinking.....why couldn't Pourcel do that? Why didn't he?

People are expecting some team to just go " All in " with him , when he's never proven anything on a 450 here in the states. Could he do well.....I think he would do very well........but if he thinks he's going to get picked up by some team without proving himself......He is very likely going to miss this season. In the 450 class anyways.

Maybe he'll pick up some support 250 ride? Does he really need to start down there again?

Again.....Malcolm did it on his own dime tonight......and we heard not one word about CP.

This race shows teams what a rider is capable of doing. But when you don't show up........why would you even get considered for a 450 ride?
|
10/18/2014 11:45pm
Do you understand that it costs money to get a bike good enough to compete with?
stewie94
10/18/2014 11:46pm
maybe pourcel is on a tight budget , who knows
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/18/2014 11:46pm
Dart Board wrote:
Do you understand that it costs money to get a bike good enough to compete with?
You're on fire bro...Whistling
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/18/2014 11:48pm
Dart Board wrote:
EZZA 95B wrote:
You're on fire bro...Whistling
About to be fired? Yes.

The Shop

kongols
10/18/2014 11:51pm
This is just like me. Sometimes I can do more things just because my brother has some coin.
Adam43
10/18/2014 11:52pm
Anything short of a win likely wouldn't change anyone's mind on Mookie or Pourcel.

Malcolm has been consistently great on a 450, and this was his first SX on one. Can't imagine we'll see him on the sidelines come Jan.
jeffro503
10/18/2014 11:53pm
Dart Board wrote:
Malcolm bought his last years race bike! You seriously think that cP couldn't of gotten ANY bike to go out and try to race this thing? Malcolm just proved your " Excuse " wrong.
kongols
10/18/2014 11:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2014 11:55pm
Dart Board wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Malcolm bought his last years race bike! You seriously think that cP couldn't of gotten ANY bike to go out and try to race this thing...
Malcolm bought his last years race bike! You seriously think that cP couldn't of gotten ANY bike to go out and try to race this thing? Malcolm just proved your " Excuse " wrong.
Wrong. Mookie had everything else too. It`s not just bike we talking about. I`d say we talking about ~ 50 grand for him to pull it off.
10/18/2014 11:55pm
Dart Board wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Malcolm bought his last years race bike! You seriously think that cP couldn't of gotten ANY bike to go out and try to race this thing...
I think Malcom has pretty good resources.
jeffro503
10/18/2014 11:57pm
BTW.....it's called an investment into your future possibilities of trying to get a ride. Look how long Weston struggled around in the ditches before he finally got help.

Serious question........he is one of the top guys sitting on the side line........and he missed a chance tonight to prove his worth. And nothing happened.
jeffro503
10/18/2014 11:57pm
Dart Board wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
kongols wrote:
Wrong. Mookie had everything else too. It`s not just bike we talking about. I`d say we talking about ~ 50 grand for him to pull it...
Wrong. Mookie had everything else too. It`s not just bike we talking about. I`d say we talking about ~ 50 grand for him to pull it off.
He's privateer.....am I correct?
10/18/2014 11:58pm
He's racing 3 races in Europe in November and the rumor is for Bud Racing Kawasaki. We'll see how it goes. I hope those guys have some good SX experience.
jeffro503
10/18/2014 11:58pm
jeffro503 wrote:
kongols wrote:
Wrong. Mookie had everything else too. It`s not just bike we talking about. I`d say we talking about ~ 50 grand for him to pull it...
jeffro503 wrote:
Also.....are you saying he has made more than CP and could afford it.....while CP couldn't?
kongols
10/19/2014 12:00am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 12:02am
kongols wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Also.....are you saying he has made more than CP and could afford it.....while CP couldn't?
At first we have to know who bought everything. I bet he had HUGE help from his family. He has tracks to practice on, mechanics, where he was pitted at MEC?
C`mon Jeffro. You know how it works!
Brent
10/19/2014 12:02am
Remember, its been a while since Pourcel has raced a supercross, and Bercy doesn't count.

I'm not so sure that he is really pushing to get a ride anyway.

His last interview was like, " If I get a ride on a good bike next year, ok, if I don't, i'll retire and that's ok"
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/19/2014 12:04am
Was CP invited??? I've been a bit distant.Blush

To Dart Board; CP has never had any issues getting a bike/ride...
jeffro503
10/19/2014 12:08am
jeffro503 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
kongols wrote:
At first we have to know who bought everything. I bet he had HUGE help from his family. He has tracks to practice on, mechanics, where...
At first we have to know who bought everything. I bet he had HUGE help from his family. He has tracks to practice on, mechanics, where he was pitted at MEC?
Well I'm sure he did get a lot of help. But my point was with as long as CP has been racing , the amount of money the guy probably has stacked away AND that he was looking for a 450 SX ride......I don't get why he didn't try to make this event?

Racing 3 races in Europe are great ( if you live in Europe ).....but if you are looking for a ride here in the states , you would think you would take any chance you can get to show case your talents.
10/19/2014 12:11am
A guy who lives in Florida is somehow supposed to buy a bike, good parts, a mechanic, get it set up, and get himself ready for supercross (on who's supercross track? Does he have one? Who knows) and then get himself and that bike to Las Vegas
kongols
10/19/2014 12:15am
jeffro503 wrote:
kongols wrote:
At first we have to know who bought everything. I bet he had HUGE help from his family. He has tracks to practice on, mechanics, where...
jeffro503 wrote:
Well I'm sure he did get a lot of help. But my point was with as long as CP has been racing , the amount of...
Well I'm sure he did get a lot of help. But my point was with as long as CP has been racing , the amount of money the guy probably has stacked away AND that he was looking for a 450 SX ride......I don't get why he didn't try to make this event?

Racing 3 races in Europe are great ( if you live in Europe ).....but if you are looking for a ride here in the states , you would think you would take any chance you can get to show case your talents.
It`s your assumption he didn`t try.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/19/2014 12:28am
How many privateers with nothing have put together last ditch, or 11th hour deals... As if CP couldn't get a bike some suspension and a track to ride on. Is every one as drunk as I am?

I know what you mean Fro.Wink
10/19/2014 12:29am
How many of those privateers are on his level? The better the rider the more needs.
hammertime
10/19/2014 12:40am
Exactly, why wasn't Colton Facciotti there? I will never understand why these guys don't put themselves out front? The world is watching, one great Moto and you may have the ride of your dreams. It's fucked????

But keep in mind, these guys are just racers, they are not brilliant business minds. Probably only focus on the short-term.... I will never understand it!
jeffro503
10/19/2014 12:58am
Dart Board wrote:
How many of those privateers are on his level? The better the rider the more needs.
Most of them are above his level from what the teams must see. He's one of the only few that hasn't proved anything on a 450 here.........he has everything to prove. You said earlier it was a waste to have Mitch give Josh Hill a bike.....yet that dude has won mains in the past and even lead the points for over 1/2 a season.

So again........what is CP's pedigree on a 450 here in SX? There is nothing to base it off of. He should of tried to leave a mark tonight. Even if it was on his own dime.
Question
10/19/2014 1:38am
Dart Board wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
kongols wrote:

It looks steep but I get that to ride the night show the bike must be a rocket.

It is unfortunate we did not see him last night (under PC's tent or as a private).

The comments "he needs to show up and prove what he is capable to do" are on point: any one who has lived abroad understands that, it is necessary to prove more to have the same things/or what we want. Yesterday was already stacked. He may have been able to pull a top 5 on a Valli 450 (or a Kawi PC 450 in 2009 & 2010) but we will never know, which is factor in team manager's decisions.
brimx153
10/19/2014 1:42am
I think CP had more to lose than he had to gain by doing it , a good result for him to make a difference would be a top 3 or win to get a ride .but I think if he went there and got a 5th in a race which would be a great ride on a put together ride.it could hurt his chances rather than help .where as mookie has everything to gain nothing to lose . a top 10 helps him get a ride ,were as anything but a top 3 , hurts CP . jmo
10/19/2014 1:46am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 1:48am
Dart Board wrote:
You mean like the 450 Shorty bought off the show room (plus a pipe, HC piston, and A-kit by Ross) and placed 6th with at Oakland just before he joined BTO? That was as well as he did the rest of the year on a factory KTM.

All told...you can do it for about $15-17K (plus some testing time, which also costs) if you know what you are doing how you like a bike set up. Mookie could have been in the rig next to Trey, and he would have had the same result.
10/19/2014 2:20am
can't really compare pourcel to malcolm! pourcel has 2 x lites supercross championships, multiple outdoor wins, a world title.

Malcolm is james' brother so has unlimited resources but has acheived nothing (no championships)

not saying that it couldnt be done, but like others have mentioned, the risk vs reward for christophe would have been bigger. Anything other than top 3 would have been a bad ride for a rider of his caliber. Would he have been able to do that without being on a solid bike/ program? it would be a tall order
mattmatt300
10/19/2014 5:54am
I thought the sams thing while watching last night. If you don't have a ride it just makes sense to be out there getting exposure. A new KX450 with some PC a-kit and a pipe would have accomplished that goal. I'm sure somebody he knows has an sx track he could ride. Another plus is that buying his own bike he has a built in excuse if he doesn't do so well.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
10/19/2014 6:16am
I thought the rumor was that he raced the nationals this summer because he was broke? So hard to pay to ride if you have no money. Plus who would he blame for his bike being crappy if he provided it by himself....

Post a reply to: Why didn't CP377 do what Malcolm did tonight?

The Latest