Why did the Alessi's ride a GP?

11/9/2014 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2014 3:46am
If I remember correctly both Mike & Jeff Alessi rode a GP at Desertmartian (Northern Ireland ?). How did they do & what was the reason for them coming over to Europe?
|
11/9/2014 12:49pm
mike did a usgp once and got 3rd or 2nd i forget
Bruce372
11/9/2014 12:55pm
Was that the time when de Reuver rode past him in the whoops and waved?
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
11/9/2014 12:57pm
This will not end good!
Gringoe
11/9/2014 1:13pm
Wasn't it when he was 15 or so? And I think he was preparing for a sand race? I don't know he's mike alessi why does he do any of the things he does.

The Shop

11/9/2014 1:26pm
Racing in a GP is something every racer should want to try in their lifetime. 15th and 7th for 14th overall in 2010. Went over to test the KTM 450.
11/9/2014 1:39pm
If I remember correctly both Mike & Jeff Alessi rode a GP at Desertmartian (Northern Ireland ?). How did they do & what was the reason...
If I remember correctly both Mike & Jeff Alessi rode a GP at Desertmartian (Northern Ireland ?). How did they do & what was the reason for them coming over to Europe?
It was the last round of the 2005 MX2 World Championship.

Mike went 3 / 17 and Jeff 13 / 5.
De Reuver won the first moto, Rattray the 2nd one and the overall.
All of them were on KTM.
11/9/2014 1:57pm
If I remember correctly both Mike & Jeff Alessi rode a GP at Desertmartian (Northern Ireland ?). How did they do & what was the reason...
It was the last round of the 2005 MX2 World Championship. Mike went 3 / 17 and Jeff 13 / 5. De Reuver won the first...

All of them were on KTM.
Do you know the reason why they went over?
11/9/2014 2:01pm
It was the last round of the 2005 MX2 World Championship. Mike went 3 / 17 and Jeff 13 / 5. De Reuver won the first...

All of them were on KTM.
Were testing something with the KTM i think
11/9/2014 2:08pm

All of them were on KTM.
I don't remember exactly, but the same year, Mike also raced on a 450F a international event in France (Pernes) in February. It was pretty unusual to say the least...
11/9/2014 2:15pm
I don't remember exactly, but the same year, Mike also raced on a 450F a international event in France (Pernes) in February. It was pretty unusual...
I don't remember exactly, but the same year, Mike also raced on a 450F a international event in France (Pernes) in February. It was pretty unusual to say the least...
11/9/2014 2:16pm

All of them were on KTM.
Were testing something with the KTM i think
Bit young to be test riders
Freddy
11/9/2014 2:49pm
Ive seen some pictures from this race. But does anyone have any videos?
Also Desert Martin was one of the sickest looking tracks ever imo.
11/9/2014 2:55pm
Freddy wrote:
Ive seen some pictures from this race. But does anyone have any videos? Also Desert Martin was one of the sickest looking tracks ever imo.
Insider347
11/9/2014 5:12pm

All of them were on KTM.
To race motocross. That's what they enjoy doing and get paid for.
Grizz
11/9/2014 5:22pm
Bit young to be test riders
Test riders don't have an age limit Laughing

That, and Mike was a factory KTM rider and still had a lot of hype around him from his amatuer success.
Bearuno
11/9/2014 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2014 9:15pm
The last time - that I'm aware of - was when Jeff Alessi did the 2013 Maggiora GP.

I can only think it was an attempt by Luongo to have an American in MX1 / MXGP at the track that means so much to so many, not just US fans..

It did not go well for JA, if I recall correctly. He really had no business being out there. Mike?, perhaps, in terms of ability. But, he would have got eaten alive anyway.

The rumours that infer that MA may go to the GPs, make me shudder. I think most major teams would want nothing to do with him. The 'A' team have not made themselves popular with the GP community, and hell, why in Hughies name would Luongo want them, what with RV being there? It would be like having the 'Sublime', and then tarnishing it with the 'ridiculous'.

Luongo's an arsehole, but I hope he couldn't be that stupid to bring that circus to the GPs.

No, I'm not a particular 'hater' of the 'A's - indeed, I truly wish they could stop having so much controversy attached to / generated by them - , but I've seen enough of them in the last couple of decades - yes, since they were kids in the 90s - and their way of conducting themselves, to truly hope they will fade away from the sports limelight.
11/9/2014 9:49pm
Bearuno wrote:
The last time - that I'm aware of - was when Jeff Alessi did the 2013 Maggiora GP. I can only think it was an attempt...
The last time - that I'm aware of - was when Jeff Alessi did the 2013 Maggiora GP.

I can only think it was an attempt by Luongo to have an American in MX1 / MXGP at the track that means so much to so many, not just US fans..

It did not go well for JA, if I recall correctly. He really had no business being out there. Mike?, perhaps, in terms of ability. But, he would have got eaten alive anyway.

The rumours that infer that MA may go to the GPs, make me shudder. I think most major teams would want nothing to do with him. The 'A' team have not made themselves popular with the GP community, and hell, why in Hughies name would Luongo want them, what with RV being there? It would be like having the 'Sublime', and then tarnishing it with the 'ridiculous'.

Luongo's an arsehole, but I hope he couldn't be that stupid to bring that circus to the GPs.

No, I'm not a particular 'hater' of the 'A's - indeed, I truly wish they could stop having so much controversy attached to / generated by them - , but I've seen enough of them in the last couple of decades - yes, since they were kids in the 90s - and their way of conducting themselves, to truly hope they will fade away from the sports limelight.
Doesn't sound like you're a hater....lol. I personally never hated Alessi. He broke his collarbone at Southwick and ,after healing, got back up on the bike and raced both outdoors and sx. Not even Josh Hansen could accomplish that feat after he broke his collarbone too at the Wick and settled into the lights class sx only deal. Alessi also didn't hang in the 125 class into his twenties. He made mistakes and yet still finished 2nd place in the 450f class without any factory support. Last year he even improved on his sx skills. I don't believe that Mike Alessi needs to fade from the limelight. I would love to see him race the GP, SX or Outdoor series.
SKlein
11/9/2014 9:59pm
[img]https://memotocross.fr/images/desertmartin3irlande_470.jpg[/img]
That's a beauty of a track! Looks like a blast.
Bearuno
11/9/2014 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2014 10:06pm
No, I'm not a 'hater'.

But they've got into all sorts of controversy over the years - and, it seems endless.

Strange thing is, so often, Tony and Mike in particular, have presented themselves so well in interviews, to then counter that by such bizarre antics / interviews. Just check out various Pulp MX interviews - though, the 'good and bad', is really mainly Tony's doing. He seems such a strange man, that lives far too vicariously through his son(s), Mike mainly. Jeff seems to be discarded, almost, at times.

I wish them well, actually. As I do all peoples.

They've been in the spotlight now for a couple of decades - I, personally, would like to see the BS stop / disappear altogether.

Race, and cut the Bullshit. I think, that may be next to impossible for that group.
hammertime
11/10/2014 1:49am
Because he's one of the best outdoor riders in the world. No let's start cutting him down, because that's what keeps these threads moving-Sad (
jamma10
11/10/2014 1:49am
Bearuno wrote:
The last time - that I'm aware of - was when Jeff Alessi did the 2013 Maggiora GP. I can only think it was an attempt...

I think Jeff was over in Europe racing some Italian Supercross events (on a Honda 350 if I remember correctly?!) and he was offered the chance to ride the Maggiora GP, on a Yamaha.

I would love to see Mike to race a GP season or two. If Tony could find it within himself to drop the leash and let him come here alone I personally think he could do pretty well, I think he has the tenacity to give it a good shot. But if Tony came too it would be a disaster.
11/10/2014 3:41am
Freddy wrote:
Ive seen some pictures from this race. But does anyone have any videos? Also Desert Martin was one of the sickest looking tracks ever imo.

Jimfunn
11/10/2014 3:49am
Didn't mike race Hawkstone International one year as well?

I remember seeing him at Cardiff SX years ago
11/10/2014 3:53am
Jimfunn wrote:
Didn't mike race Hawkstone International one year as well?

I remember seeing him at Cardiff SX years ago
Yup, the same year Melotte was on a Factory YZF250 - they had a right race in the second moto and Mikes KTM gave up at the bottom of the hill about 3/4 through the race.
PressPassP
11/10/2014 3:59am
I always thought Alessi would be the type of rider to do ok in the GPs,I'm pretty sure he's done well when things got wet? maybe it's a bit too late now though
IWreckALot
11/10/2014 4:33am
Is Mike back on the Motoconcepts team next year? I have a buddy that ran into him a few weeks ago at a Whataburger. He said Mike invited him to sit down and eat with them and talked to him. He didn't really ask about team plans but got the impression that Mike wasn't sure if he had a ride based on what he was saying.

If I don't get an answer here, I'll start a new thread but just curious.

The Alessi's are great when they're with the fans and really they're pretty quiet at most of the races they're at. It's just that 2% or 5% of the time that they let their guard down or if things don't go their way, they have absolutely no damage control.
Crush
11/10/2014 5:08am
hammertime wrote:
Because he's one of the best outdoor riders in the world. No let's start cutting him down, because that's what keeps these threads moving-Sad (
Bro.

He didn't even win in Canada!

Post a reply to: Why did the Alessi's ride a GP?

The Latest