Why can't Women go as fast as men?

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 7/24/2015 11:35am
This is a serious question. I race at a local A level, so I'm not ignorant here. But seriously, what is it that keeps women from going as fast as men? I don't understand it. Why are the fastest MX women in the world only at a Loretta's B-class pace? Most are the size of a Villo or RC. It can't be a physical thing. I mean, top 16 year old amateur boys aren't that strong and they can be insanely fast. I just cannot understand why a woman hasn't been able to develop world-class MX speed. Geiger, Fiolek, Golden, Patterson, all awesome women and ambassadors, but not fast enough to make a Supercross Main Event.... Why?
|
7/4/2015 9:19am
Well I'd say it is a physical thing. I think in the most physical demanding sports even the best women are barely in mid pack, just like in moto. I don't know why exactly though too, but you should consider that there are more aspects than just strength. Endurance, mental toughness and so on.

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/4/2015 9:25am
Women arent nearly as strong as men plus the difference in mentality. i Seen a chick at Fast Farms once that was a dyke, mid thirtys and well build like a man and she was super fast! Rode with her brother who races GNCC but she was well rounded mx rider. Back when FF was getting started i guess about 09 is when i met her. She was skimin the 10 commandments on a early 200 yamaha with a huge fuel tank like a boss. Everyone else was triple thru and just skim the last few and most riders just doubled thru them! She was impressive
Ing
7/4/2015 9:27am
Gringoe wrote:
Balls
What he said. ^
akillerwombat
7/4/2015 9:29am
imoto34 wrote:
Women arent nearly as strong as men plus the difference in mentality. i Seen a chick at Fast Farms once that was a dyke, mid thirtys...
Women arent nearly as strong as men plus the difference in mentality. i Seen a chick at Fast Farms once that was a dyke, mid thirtys and well build like a man and she was super fast! Rode with her brother who races GNCC but she was well rounded mx rider. Back when FF was getting started i guess about 09 is when i met her. She was skimin the 10 commandments on a early 200 yamaha with a huge fuel tank like a boss. Everyone else was triple thru and just skim the last few and most riders just doubled thru them! She was impressive
... maybe they're just smart enough to realize if they are as fast as a man that ignorant people will call them "dykes" and they opt to stay away.
7/4/2015 9:30am
I think women can be just as mentally tough. I'm not buying the physical thing either. I've seen some wicked fast Supermini kids...
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/4/2015 9:35am
MANNERS226 wrote:
I think women can be just as mentally tough. I'm not buying the physical thing either. I've seen some wicked fast Supermini kids...
I can't seem to think of any other reasons. Now i do think that a 15 year old boy is prob stronger then most 25 year old average size woman.
7/4/2015 9:35am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 9:36am
Aggression is part of it. Some of us are very competitive but most of us just aren't willing to sacrifice our bodies to impress our friends.
7/4/2015 9:43am
I think it's the same reason that women aren't better in any sports. I don't mean that to be a dick: I think that's a fact.
steve_97060
7/4/2015 9:48am
Aggression is part of it. Some of us are very competitive but most of us just aren't willing to sacrifice our bodies to impress our friends.
if you really think they do it just to impress their friends than you are pretty clueless about riding or racing...
d394
7/4/2015 9:51am
Aggression and risk taking associated with higher levels of testosterone (balls...) My theory is that it's completely hormonal. I doubt it is a anything to do with physical abilities, unless someone has research that proves otherwise.
pCp 252
Fantasy
2541st
7/4/2015 9:52am
I think it's the same reason that women aren't better in any sports. I don't mean that to be a dick: I think that's a fact.
Gymnastics, figure skating, swimming, skiing? Lot's of impressive, elite female athletes out there.
Steadman
7/4/2015 9:54am
Percentile. There are very few women who ride, let alone at a competitive level. I would imagine there are some women on this fine earth that would have the genetics and ability to ride pro and hang with the men....but they don't ride. Make sense?

On an amateur level I have witnessed some very fast girls and am not ashamed to say I have been passed by some as well!
IWreckALot
7/4/2015 9:54am
pCp 252 wrote:
Gymnastics, figure skating, swimming, skiing? Lot's of impressive, elite female athletes out there.
You generally don't see the most testosterone laden guys doing figure skating and gymnastics. Some impressively strong males participate in those sports, but those are made for female sports.
7/4/2015 9:57am
pCp 252 wrote:
Great point
7/4/2015 9:57am
Steadman wrote:
Percentile. There are very few women who ride, let alone at a competitive level. I would imagine there are some women on this fine earth that...
Percentile. There are very few women who ride, let alone at a competitive level. I would imagine there are some women on this fine earth that would have the genetics and ability to ride pro and hang with the men....but they don't ride. Make sense?

On an amateur level I have witnessed some very fast girls and am not ashamed to say I have been passed by some as well!
Also, a good point
dboivin
7/4/2015 10:02am
too occupied with thoughts on how to make more sandwiches?
JW381
7/4/2015 10:02am
Steadman wrote:
Percentile. There are very few women who ride, let alone at a competitive level. I would imagine there are some women on this fine earth that...

MANNERS226 wrote:
Also, a good point
This is what I was thinking. There's a small handful of girls who ride my local tracks, all pretty average C or maybe faster D speed. If there was a larger sampling of athletically fit females, there might be one or two that are at B speed. Josh Hill's girlfriend back in 06ish used to race B at Albany MX.
hammertime
7/4/2015 10:03am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 10:05am
hammertime wrote:
stupid people are so entertaining!
crusty_xx wrote:
go ahead and explain it then.
idiot
just watch vicki golden attack the physical sections of a sx track and your stupid question will be answered!
Question
7/4/2015 10:04am
Steadman wrote:

MANNERS226 wrote:
Also, a good point

+1. The first reason is %, although it is also normal there is a little difference simply due to genetics, like in many other sports. But there are doing great, the top 10 women are going faster than 99,99% of the boys !

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/4/2015 10:06am
... maybe they're just smart enough to realize if they are as fast as a man that ignorant people will call them "dykes" and they opt...
... maybe they're just smart enough to realize if they are as fast as a man that ignorant people will call them "dykes" and they opt to stay away.
Well i mean that is by far the best way to describe her. Tits smashed in tight, Buzz cut, wearing mans cloths and spoke with a deeper voice then i do! Me ignorant? Thanks Grinning
yzjs7
7/4/2015 10:06am
We're wired differently,hunters and gatherers man. It's dna
seph
7/4/2015 10:07am
Steadman wrote:

This..... If the Williams sisters father started training them in MX instead of tennis at 5-6 years old Serena would have been making SX mains and consistant top 20 in pro MX.

Thats just one example.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/4/2015 10:08am
hammertime wrote:
stupid people are so entertaining!
crusty_xx wrote:
go ahead and explain it then.
idiot
hammertime wrote:
just watch vicki golden attack the physical sections of a sx track and your stupid question will be answered!
Crusty, i must have missed your stupid question? lol

Post a reply to: Why can't Women go as fast as men?

The Latest